» «
Photo

Intro/game story questions

6 replies to this topic
ethrion
  • ethrion

III < SA < VC < IV

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:07 AM Edited by ethrion, 29 September 2006 - 03:18 AM.

The intro to GTA2 is obviously set in 'modern' day New York (but we'll call it Liberty City for the sake of continuity) and at the end of the intro the main focus character gets 'wacked'.

So my questions are these.

1) If New York/Liberty City is shown in the intro, why are we told its called Anywhere City? Surely its Liberty.

2) We can see its modern New York so why do they set it 'in the future'? Its like the intro has nothing to do with the game your about to play (apart from the Zaibatsu and Yakuza shown in the movie

3) Who is the main character that you play? I thought it was Claude Speed but the guy in the intro gets killed. Is the intro meant to be a quick flash through whats about to happen in the game? If so the 'modern' setting in the intro doesnt fit.

Hell, actually nothing about the intro or anything makes sense. The intro is 90's the game is 'in the future'. the city is New York but then we're told its Anywhere!? Arghhh im confused. HELP mercie_blink.gif

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:55 AM Edited by Sektor, 29 September 2006 - 10:08 AM.

Rockstar wasn't about to build a real city just for an intro, so they used an existing one.

The main character is Claude Speed. It doesn't matter what happens in the intro, it's more like a demo than telling an actual story. Just think of it as a hyperthetical situation. Claude is also magical, it doesn't matter if he gets shots, he will just respawn at the hospital.

It is in the future but that doesn't mean everything is suddenly going to look very different. It's not that far in the future, I like to think 2013 (based on file dates on GTA2.com). It's a fictional city paritially based on New York.

ethrion
  • ethrion

III < SA < VC < IV

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:57 AM

Actually that does all make sense. Im not an idiot but now i cant see why I didnt think of any of that. It all seems so obvious...duuhhhh suicidal.gif

Silberio
  • Silberio

Me haz UpGRAd3d grAMMer!!11

• Members

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ethrion @ Sep 29 2006, 03:07)
3) Who is the main character that you play? I thought it was Claude Speed but the guy in the intro gets killed. Is the intro meant to be a quick flash through whats about to happen in the game? If so the 'modern' setting in the intro doesnt fit.

it IS claude speed, didnt u see in the GTA3 movie, his GF shoot him whit 2 pistols in the head, the only injury he got was thgat he cant talk, some few shoots in the chest meaby would giv him some hurt die.gif mercie_blink.gif

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Silberio @ Oct 28 2006, 00:38)
QUOTE (ethrion @ Sep 29 2006, 03:07)

it IS claude speed, didnt u see in the GTA3 movie, his GF shoot him whit 2 pistols in the head, the only injury he got was thgat he cant talk, some few shoots in the chest meaby would giv him some hurt die.gif mercie_blink.gif

Actually, he didn't get harmed by those shots. biggrin.gif
He apparently couldn't talk before them either (in SA).

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:27 AM

Ethrion, you took this questions outta my brain! tounge.gif Thanx for you guys for answering them.

allanon
  • allanon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:24 AM

I think the intro for gta2 would have fit perfect for the first gta, minus the ziabatsu and yakuza referances. its the same time period.

The first time i played gta2 (ps1) i bought it without the manual or case, so i had nothing to go on. Seeing the video i was like, OMG this game is gonna be killer.

I love the game but the futuristic cars bring it down on a bit i think. Using realistic cars just ads to making u feel 'inside' the game.

They should have stuck with 90's cars and not suped up 40s-50s cars.. its just dumb looking. I like the first gta alot better because of the real cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users