Taxi mission HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
robots
  • robots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

I have dropped off 10 passengers in the taxi missions, now when ever I get into a cab and try to get some fares, a message comes up that says No Fares Near By Keep Looking!
Has anyone else seen this? What do I do? How can I complete the taxi missions without starting over? I'm at 70% complete!
Please help!

Thanks in advance!

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:48 PM

This message appears when there are few people around. What you need to do is to drive to more populated area where there is more chance to gate a fare.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:02 PM

there's also a glitch that can affect the taxi missions. if you get your pilot's license before you are supposed to, the problem you describe can occur.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Sep 25 2006, 22:02)
there's also a glitch that can affect the taxi missions. if you get your pilot's license before you are supposed to, the problem you describe can occur.

Really??, i have never heard of that glitch before notify.gif , San Andreas is one hell of a buggy game, i hope GTA 4 is better with no bugs in it.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Seddo87 @ Sep 25 2006, 19:23)
QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Sep 25 2006, 22:02)

Really??, i have never heard of that glitch before notify.gif , San Andreas is one hell of a buggy game, i hope GTA 4 is better with no bugs in it.

yeah, it happened during one of the chain games and we had to start over. suppose i should mention that was my fault. suicidal.gif

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

robots, if you are playing on the PC version and do have the taxi glitch, please upload your save to samutz's site and post the link. I'd love to tinker with it and see if it can be counteracted.

robots
  • robots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:43 AM

I uploaded my current save game for PC. http://www.samutz.co...895538516793c14

BTW this problem started way before I got my pilots license. I have tried to get fares everywhere from near the airports to the busy city centers to the desert and stuff.

Thanks again! I'll be checking back soon.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

Alright, give this a shot. I think I isolated the taxi glitch problem and fixed it for you, but only time will tell. Make sure you backup your old save just in case I inadvertently broke this one. In theory, the glitch is gone, you have one more fare done, and it's saved at Doherty with a taxi in the garage with your other cars.

http://www.samutz.co...431e2c14214569e

robots
  • robots

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

I just downloaded that file and tried some taxi missions. Seems to work fine. I have saved and tried again and still works great. Thank you so much PDEscobar! You kick ass!

What did you have to do to get it to work?

Many many thanks!

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

It seems that the map zone information in the save gets very slightly corrupted so that when the taxi mission asks for a random ped to be the customer the game doesn't understand what to do and fails to select anybody. What I did was to use a hex editor on the save file to change the zone information back to what it should be.

Mr Whippy
  • Mr Whippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:00 AM

Brilliant! I have the same taxi glitch and have been searching for ages trying to find somebody who has been able to get anywhere trying to fix it.
I have completed 99.47% of the game. What should the zone information be, pdescobar? And how do I change it using a hex editor? I have downloaded one.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:13 AM

Playing on the original PS2 release, I have never encountered this glitch, even though the Taxi mission is typically one of the last things I do toward 100 percent completion.

It seems it's more likely to happen if you get your license by flying a lot early on, before you get to pilot school, which I never did (it's pointless to me if it doesn't let the gates to the airports open, and you have to do pilot school anyway).

Glad you and PD got this sorted though.

Mr Whippy
  • Mr Whippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:06 AM

I did also fly a bit before the flight school. Thanks for pointing that out, I should have mentioned it. Maybe if anyone knows how to reset flight skills or anything (I read somewhere else that might help) I could try that...I'd be happy to redo the flight school missions if it meant that I could do the taxi missions and finish the game!

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

Try this. It's a patch program I whipped up after somebody else had the same problem a couple days later. http://pdescobar.hom...ta/taxi_fix.rar

Just un-rar that exe into your saves directory and drag & drop the problem save onto it (the exe.)

If you want to do it manually, you should first backup your save. Then search for the text string 'SAN_AND' which should appear twice at the front of block ten. If the value after the second occurance of 'SAN_AND' is not 0x00, that's the glitch condition. Rember what that value is and change it to 0x00. You will then have to adjust the checksum at the very end of the file. That's a 4-byte, unsigned integer in little-endian format which you have to reduce by the amount of the glitched value. When I did it for robots, the glitched value was 0x01 so I had to reduce the checksum by 1. Assuming the checksum bytes are "45 ab 12 00" (completely madeup) you'd change them to "44 ab 12 00". If you didn't understand all of that, just use the patcher and tell me if it doesn't work. wink.gif

@James: An early pilot's license does open the gates, at least on xbox and PC. Anyhow, I believe the cause is more likely flying outside the map boundaries (like the territory glitch) rather than simply flying early.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Sep 29 2006, 02:15)
It seems that the map zone information in the save gets very slightly corrupted so that when the taxi mission asks for a random ped to be the customer the game doesn't understand what to do and fails to select anybody. What I did was to use a hex editor on the save file to change the zone information back to what it should be.

You sir, are a f*cking genius. icon14.gif

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (Tornado Rex @ Oct 11 2006, 00:34)
QUOTE (pdescobar @ Sep 29 2006, 02:15)

You sir, are a f*cking genius. icon14.gif

Absolutley correct !

WTG AGAIN pdescobar !!!

Mr Whippy
  • Mr Whippy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:07 AM

colgate.gif colgate.gif Thanks pdescobar, the .rar worked perfectly! Finally, I can finish the game! As far as I can tell, you're the first person to have fixed this. My extreme gratitude to you!

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

icon14.gif way to go pd icon14.gif

banxter667
  • banxter667

Hangin with Busey!

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:30 AM

There's another way around that too, but it takes longer to do, especially if it doesn't fix itself right off, but if you can't find any peds/fares anywhere, ram somebody off a bike or a motorcycle and drive about 1/2 block away and they'll turn into a fare. Of course, having to repeat this until it "rights" itself is quite time consuming, even more so now that pdescobar's isolated it. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody was stuck needing 2-3 fares to finish taxi missions...

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:18 PM Edited by heat84, 07 November 2006 - 09:22 PM.

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Oct 10 2006, 16:23)
@James: An early pilot's license does open the gates, at least on xbox and PC. Anyhow, I believe the cause is more likely flying outside the map boundaries (like the territory glitch) rather than simply flying early.

Well, I just proved his speculation to be true. A few days ago, I used the glitch fix and was able to do the Taxi missions again, then yesterday I flew off the map in an inept attempt to do the gang territory glitch. Just now I went to do the Taxi missions again and it kept saying "There are no fares nearby keep looking" so I thought I might have the glitch again, and when I used the glitch fix it said I did and it fixed it.

I think theres been alot of people that have flown off the map but didn't get the glitch so theres probably other factors in getting the glitch.

The way I got this glitch in the first place was I was playing a game that was 109% completed (100% plus all the extra stuff minus some flying school missions not golded), and started a new one without quitting to windows and starting up the game again. Somehow if you go right from an existing game to a new one, that new one gets corrupted by the existing one. A couple othe glitches I had because of this were: 1. From the beginning of the game I kept all my weapons when I got wasted or busted, which are perks of dating certain girls to 100%, which I did in the 109% game. 2. The toreno glitch where when you goto the yellow square at the construction site nothing happens. But if you just go to the airport the next part of the mission starts so that glitch isn't a big deal. 3. Early in the game when I was conquering all the gang territories, sometimes the gang members would get stuck together in one place. Apparently they all spawn from the same point (or 2 points sometimes). They were getting stuck at that point. I didn't have this problem though when I conquered them again later in the game. I should also mention that I forgot I had a nude girlfriends mod installed whe I started the new game. I unstalled it but that might've been a factor too.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:58 AM

Since flying to the border of the game creates the map zone corruption, and
it can also create the territory glitch, could it also be why I've had one Balla territory in my 100% save game but haven't seen a Balla when I've used it for a year? I haven't had the Taxi mission glitch or tried to create the territory glitch, but I probably flew to the border at some time, at least for "St. Mark's Bistro." Could a similar corruption cause the game to not know to make the Ballas appear in an area? Is there a way to apply this solution to making those Ballas appear or make the map show a purple area?
http://img215.images...creen985fd5.jpg

I've tried the sliver by the 24-7, at the top of the drainage ditch, in Bayside Marina, and NW SF--no Ballas.

In any event, thanks to pdescobar for isolating the problem of the Taxi mission glitch! tounge.gif

sitesref
  • sitesref

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:03 PM

As late as I may be ( blush.gif ), thank you, pescobar, for this both impressive AND working fix ^^

You saved my Taxi Driver missions happy.gif

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (sitesref @ Aug 19 2009, 03:33)
As late as I may be ( blush.gif ), thank you, pescobar, for this both impressive AND working fix ^^

You saved my Taxi Driver missions happy.gif

I doubt that PD would even read this someday. Thanks for the bump.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users