Photo

Making GTA San Andreas 2.0 Fully Moddable

225 replies to this topic
jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Serious Dave @ Oct 10 2006, 16:06)
I say tell Jack Thompson XD. Tell em R* did a lousy job.

for the love of god tell me you are joking....

that will just end up with more coffee hell and a V2.01 exe of DooM

I'm sure he was having a joke mate tounge.gif.

However, you are incorrect, Rockstar Games are to busy to be worry about releasing another version of the game. It was only released originally unmodifiable to stop us from causing anymore trouble for them, as with other people with version 1.0, they we're properly afraid people would share them Hot Coffee files again. However that will not be happening there, as it is against the rules.

Plus, R* aren't worried about what we've done, if they we're we would have received an angry e-mail or phone call asking for it to be taken down, just like things in the past have been.

Dirty-Harry
  • Dirty-Harry

Gangsta.

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

Ok I just tried this and I swear to God I did everything right. There is no car in Ryder's driveway, and when I walk around Ganton for a while just looking for the new car, my game freezes up. I am thinking it was the car I used..

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Dirty-Harry @ Oct 13 2006, 14:35)
Ok I just tried this and I swear to God I did everything right. There is no car in Ryder's driveway, and when I walk around Ganton for a while just looking for the new car, my game freezes up. I am thinking it was the car I used..

I'd say it would have to be, as it works for everyone else. Game Vehicles can be like that sometimes. Try a different vehicle replacement and get back to us icon14.gif.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:41 AM

Of course.. so obvious! You two get Karma for this?

Would it be possible just to remove gta3.img from gta.dat and put all the files in another img? It would take up more space, but if you wanted to modify SA (i.e. not TC, just the original files) it would allow it in theory, yes?

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Oct 13 2006, 19:41)
Of course.. so obvious! You two get Karma for this?

Would it be possible just to remove gta3.img from gta.dat and put all the files in another img? It would take up more space, but if you wanted to modify SA (i.e. not TC, just the original files) it would allow it in theory, yes?

lol, what a question, tounge.gif, no we didn't not receive karma for this Cran.

And yes, that is possible, I stated at the bottom of the tutorial that I will be making a tool to do just that, automatically, plus it will also lock you gta3.img file, stopping it from being modded again (unless you unlock it of course). All there tools and what not can be found with the GTA San Andreas v2.0 Modding Toolkit, which will be released next month, or sooner hopefully.

Dirty-Harry
  • Dirty-Harry

Gangsta.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:14 AM

Ok I tried serveral different cars an no luck. I am just going to download the v1 conversion kit. Glad it worked for everyone else though, good job. colgate.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Dirty-Harry @ Oct 14 2006, 16:14)
Ok I tried serveral different cars an no luck. I am just going to download the v1 conversion kit. Glad it worked for everyone else though, good job. colgate.gif

Okay then, not sure what went wrong for you. But good luck anyway, and thanks for trying smile.gif.

DeeZire
  • DeeZire

Modder

• Members

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:55 PM

Question: could you not copy and rename GTA3.IMG as your 'new' IMG file (then edit that) and make a dummy (empty) GTA3.IMG in place of the original one? After editing GTA.DAT, that would be practically the same as modding V1.0? Just thinking out loud...

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

Um, well, no. Because whether the link to the GTA3.IMG file is in GTA.DAT or not, the games .exe will still be looking for the file in the /models/ directory, if it's not there or is not the correct size, the game crashes. I will however test your idea, maybe it is possible.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (DeeZire @ Oct 20 2006, 11:55)
Question: could you not copy and rename GTA3.IMG as your 'new' IMG file (then edit that) and make a dummy (empty) GTA3.IMG in place of the original one? After editing GTA.DAT, that would be practically the same as modding V1.0? Just thinking out loud...

Well, the game checks the filesize of the gta3.img so there has to be *some* data in there. The other part is possible, and done easily enough (copy / paste / rename / edit gta.dat). I suppose we could try filling the original gta3.img with null data (just zero-out all the data in the file) so it essentially becomes useless, but is still the same size.

If jarjar, or anyone else with 2.0 wants to try it, that would be helpful. Just do this:
copy gta3.img, and paste it.
rename it to something like "gta3_alt.img"
Add "IMG MODELS\gta3_alt.IMG" to your gta.dat file
save, and close the gta.dat file.
open gta3.img with a hex editor
make all the data in the file "00"s (do NOT change the filesize, just overwrite the existing data)
save the img.
see if the game still works correctly...

i m4h4tm4 i
  • i m4h4tm4 i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:57 PM

ok i have a problem

im trying to do this and i cant download the 2nd tool needed

cuz it wont display the page

and that french one im like dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:47 PM Edited by jarjar, 22 October 2006 - 11:55 PM.

Yeah, the only two sites hosting it seam to be offline, so temporarily, it's available here: Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar

i m4h4tm4 i
  • i m4h4tm4 i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:38 AM Edited by i m4h4tm4 i, 23 October 2006 - 12:40 AM.

http://jar-jar.com/files/Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar]Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar

that?

Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar]

when i put that in google it said no such page

so how do u make that into a url so i can D/L it

i m4h4tm4 i
  • i m4h4tm4 i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:46 AM

nvm

i just typed http://jar-jar.com/files/Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar

in google and it came up run , save or cancel thanks jarjar smile.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (i m4h4tm4 i @ Oct 23 2006, 10:46)
nvm

i just typed http://jar-jar.com/files/Alci's IMG Editor 1.5.rar

in google and it came up run , save or cancel thanks jarjar smile.gif

Thats okay, it was a forum problem, wouldn't post my link correctly. Good to hear you worked it out, Cheers'.

i m4h4tm4 i
  • i m4h4tm4 i

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:59 AM Edited by i m4h4tm4 i, 23 October 2006 - 01:58 AM.

np, and oops soz for double post sad.gif

darn

see on step 5

where u gotta rename the thingy to .old

i cant find my A team van one

it was called hoods.txd and hoods.ddf

but i cant find it in the image tool

help please sad.gifsad.gif did i do somethin wrong?

Parliament
  • Parliament

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2006 - 08:13 AM

The french site is easy to read for me. I took French in school. And also it is in english after you click on the first link. Click on the bottom where there is the name of the file in bold. Sends you into a new window and that lets you select a download. It shows a timer so just click the timer to expedite the download.

rebelyelleasyrider
  • rebelyelleasyrider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Can you post a way of modding skins for v0.2?
thanks if you can

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:52 PM Edited by jarjar, 29 October 2006 - 12:23 AM.

QUOTE (rebelyelleasyrider @ Oct 28 2006, 23:37)
Can you post a way of modding skins for v0.2?
thanks if you can

Yep, it would exactly the same way as it does for the vehicles, just do the same thing but to the skin files. icon14.gif.

i m4h4tm4 i - No you didn't do anything wrong, um, it should be there, check again and if you can't find it then let me know and I'll do some further research into it for you icon14.gif. Chances are you have just missed the file.

B_Rad_Jeezy
  • B_Rad_Jeezy

Buddha Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:40 PM

there is an easier way to make it moddable, just download a no cd patch thats for version 1.0, and replace your 1.1 exe with it, and voila. biggrin.gif

B_Rad_Jeezy
  • B_Rad_Jeezy

Buddha Master

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

hmm i just noticed you said version 2.0 not 1.1, is there a new version out?

davidovo222
  • davidovo222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

I just cant install a car without a bug I replace evry file with img tool 2.0 but when I try to start a game the loading stop at 50% anyone got this problem or anyone can help me because I do the same things than jarjar I was thinking it was my version 2.0 but You have it well [email protected] if you can help me

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

sorry i couldnt read all your posts(gotta go to work).
noob question:

if i do this ,i could play SA:MP?

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (B_Rad_Jeezy @ Oct 29 2006, 05:42)
hmm i just noticed you said version 2.0 not 1.1, is there a new version out?

Well version 1.1 is an update available to remove Hot Coffee, not sure whether it makes the games gta3.img file unmoddable or not. But with version 2.0 it is unmoddable, and you don't have a choice with it, it's the way it comes when you buy it.

palaric8 - I can't see why it wouldn't work. But the real question is, why would you want to do that? You shouldn't be playing SA-MP if your San Andreas has been modified. It's against the rules.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:11 AM

I found out what to do,downgrade my SA colgate.gif

Thanks anyways jar-jar icon14.gif

davidovo222
  • davidovo222

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

ok But Why the name of the forum section is gta san andréas 2.0 fully moddable if you said that I cannot modifie it????? me I just want to take a ride with my cadillac escalade lol jarjar explain exactly how to install a new car but it dosent work for me the game loading bug at 50 % if anyone got a solution [email protected]

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:44 AM

The topics called "Making GTA San Andreas 2.0 Fully Moddable". This is a tutorial on how to make it moddable.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:32 AM

Seeing as I'm moving servers on my website currently, one of the downloads on the first page have been removed and replaced with a link to it's download the GTA-Downloads.com. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Also, this tutorial has been duplicated at GTAModding.com. And can be found here.

cdoublej
  • cdoublej

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

Really sorry to bump this topic but i was reading this and tryed it it din't work it could be my model but i doubt it the only thing that could have made things go wrong was the fact that i copyed all the textures to the txd even the ones that don't need to be I.E. the things found in modles/generic/vehicles.txd but what i really wanted to say was i have changed txds with no problem note i din't rebuild the gta3.img but i managed to do this. yes i maid the picup bed a rusty diamond plate steel i'v also changed the colors of the bandito. i guess it didn't affect the size. they are the orginal txds i just replace the textures useing the same compression.

user posted image
click to make larger.

here is my mod if some would check to see if its not the model that is bad.
http://www.geocities...j/bf_inject.zip

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:55 AM

Don't worry, you didn't bump the topic at all. Also, sorry for the late reply. Um, could you tell use exactly what you did and I'll try to find where you went wrong smile.gif.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users