Photo

The SA minimal kill challenge mission help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic
balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:13 PM Edited by balatro, 19 August 2007 - 05:01 PM.

Keep in mind that I've not yet finished this challenge myself, so I'm in the same boat as you: trying to keep kills down to a minimum! As I complete missions or get user submitted tips, I'll update this page as necessary.

-- balatro

Quick link back to main Minimal Kill Challenge Thread.

Note: As of August 19th, 2007, I've noticed that the 1st post contains too many characters for it all to fit into one gigantic post. Therefore, I've taken the liberty of dividing the post into what I hope is logical chunks. Please use the quick links below to jump to the general hints and tips, or browse through the rest of this thread for more detailed walkthroughs on selected missions.

Jump to help for missions accessible while in Los Santos and the Countryside.
Jump to help for missions accessible while in San Fierro and the Desert.
Jump to help for missions accessible while in Las Venturas and the Return to Los Santos.
Jump to help for other extra stuff needed to achieve 100%.

the King of San Andreas
  • the King of San Andreas

BUSTED!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

Nicely done.Not one grammar mistake.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:19 AM

MINIMAL KILL - HOUSE PARTY - 0 kills!

Preparation: Saving at Grove Street with full armor and health at a time where the 6 hour advance will make you eligible for House Party goes without saying. Be sure you have two cars in your garage on Grove Street when you save. Then, before taking the mission grab any old random car and take it down the road that goes south towards Cluckin Bell, Ammunation, and Emmet's. Park it about where the overpass is (you should be between the "railing" on both sides. Parking the car too close to the fight will mean getting erased. And while this is possible to pull off with only two cars, most people are going to need 3. Finally, take note of your people you've wasted stat. The moment it increments, reload.

Wave One: ONE of the Ballas is the leader of this platoon and therefor blessed with immunity to nonplayers. From what I can tell, it's always the one sitting in the northernmost car's rear, driver's side seat. You'll want to stand about where the Tec9 pickup is and unless you have the Uzi, you should pick it up. Now scan for targets. You are standing about at the apex of the Voodoo, so you're about as covered as you can be while stil able shout around it well enough. Put no more than one bullet into each Balla to start with. If any survive, feel free to put ONE more in until their guage turns red, otherwise you risk killing them. Let your homies cover that. If you're standing where you should, the Ballas will stay at bay usually. Inevitably though, one chooses to infiltrate your ranks. Your homies may try and shoot him, but he is immune. Once he tries to inflitrate your ranks, you will need to run away. Head towards your car down by Cluckin Bell. He will follow you on foot. Once in your car, meet him half way. If you sit still, he will try to pull you out. So keep driving forwards and backwards near him to provoke him to shoot at you, taking care to keep your passenger side towards him. Once the car catches fire, take a split second to drive it just a bit nearer to him, then GET OUT OF THERE. The blast should claim him and at no fault of your own (read: uncredited to you).

Wave Two: Wave two is all you. All 4 Ballas are immune to nonplayer. Quickly grab one of your garaged cars and drive up the bridge. Do NOT park next to them. If you do this, when you car catches fire, they will split and avoid it all together. Just like before, once the car catches fire, take a split second to position it near them. If it wasn't next to them to begin with, they will take it head on. This will likely kill 3 of them but I DID get all 4 in one blast ONCE. If any survive, repeat the process with your last car.

Wave Three: Wave three is all them. Like the leaders of the previous waves, Sweet is immune to nonplayers as well. Which means given enough time, he will take out all who oppose you. And since he has a few GSF to assist him, let them take care of it all. If you're following instructions, you're on top of the bridge at this point. Inevitably, a few Ballas will try to reach you up there. Using the spot where the bridge is shot out (if it managed to survive, shoot it out), dive to the roof below. Yes you'll lose a negligible amount of health, but this is an importan evasive technique, especially if you wait until you have to use it. Once back on the ground, Ryder's yard makes for nice shelter. Tall walls, narrow alleyway on the other side for your GSF buddies to tak out Ballas strategically. Don't risk catching a body count by softening them up; even if every GSF dies in the process, Sweet will survive and execute every last one of them.

Important notes: The mission is programmed with a proximity fail. Go too far away from the scene and you will fail. The radius is 300. Which near as I can tell is ONE armor pickup and no food. Remember: most all interiors take place high in the sky. Entering ANY of them for any reason will fail you. So try and conserve your energy and choose wisely when to hit your only armor. The good news is that the Boxville in the area is within that radius, so if you run out of cars, you have one fallback. However, it is slow moving so for what you need it for, you take a high risk of dieing yourself. Good luck!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:03 PM

MINIMAL KILL - JUST BUSINESS - 9 kills (7 unavoidable)

Preface - First things first, a description of why 7 are unavoidable. During the entire chase scene, various things happen that you are NOT the cause of that the game credits you for. The upside is that the game does NOT credit you for shooting ANYBODY (includes Police) of the back of a bike, which this mission requires a lot of. Onto the breakdown: Twice, the Packer rams a vehicle and it explodes. Each time you land a kill. Twice in flood control, one of the pursuing cars collides with a stationary car and explodes. Each of these cars has 2 occupants, so now we're up to 6 (2 + 2*2). Finally, when you shoot out the gate towards the end, Big Smoke runs over one of the guards, which you are credited for.

Indoor Shootout - Note: At no point in time should you make an effort to claim any MP5's. The mission will end with you having limited Uzi ammo regardless and the MP5 is too powerful for softening people up in close quarters. When you first enter the Atrium, Big Smoke will continue to shoot at the guy closest to him. If you watch where his bullets hit, there's no variance. It hits the guy's cover. No amount of time changes this. Killing him frees up Smoke to go off and do some real damage. And since only one other enemy focuse on Smoke and that's who Smoke goes for next, you need him on his way ASAP as you're really in for a hailstorm. The good news is that Smoke can lose ALMOST all of his health in this segment. You on the other hand should avoid losing any health. Your armor is sacrificeable as well as SOME health, but you really need to try and conserve. If you look at the picture below of which baddie to take out immediately, you'll also notice one labeled never shoot. Simply put, that guy goes down from one shot, caliber and shot placement be damned. Otherwise, you'll want to soften the others up. Takes 3-5 Uzi (forced) rounds, depending on how far away. If they're redder than a deep orange, leave them for Smoke. The guy in the far right corner is the one that wants Smoke. Putting about 4 into him from this distance (too far to get a guage) should help Smoke win that battle. IF at any point the one guy that likes to decides to infiltrate your cover, GET OUT OF THERE. The Atrium has 3 levels, so blitz to the 3rd. Nobody's up there, nobody will know how to follow you up there, and if you're crouching, nobody will hit you up there. You may have to move around so Smoke can get clean shots at everybody. Or if you're still on the ground, just stay behind cover and move as needed to draw your pursuer to where Smoke can get a shot. Once finished, grab the armor and recharge your Uzi; you're going outside...

user posted image

Outside Shootout - For the most part, these guys want you. Unfortunately, Smoke once again finds an assailant he can't seem to shoot. You will need to take him out (see picture below). Otherwise soften them up, let Big Smoke take them out, and try to continue to draw their fire. As long as you and Smoke live, both of your healths will be irrelevant beyond this point.

user posted image

Flood Control Chase - Believe it or not, this is pretty much straightforward. Anybody on a bike can be killed without consequence and any roadblock you encounter collectively will not damge the bike enough to fail the mission. Just shoot the bikers ASAP, shoot out the gate when the time comes, and try to swallow the fact that your body count will shoot up beyond your contorl, but it could be worse; you could actually get credit for the bikers wink.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - PIMPING - 0 kills

The first two girls you pick up are guaranteed to be problem free. The next 8 however, have a 50% chance of being problematic. If they are problematic, there are two variations: That he's getting rough or that he's trying to avoid paying. Both are immune to nonplayer and both can be dealt with without earning a kill. However, they both have their own pitfalls.

The general idea is to put them in close proximity of an exploding car. And NOT exploding as a result of you actively shooting it at the time it blows up. That--and any resultant chain reaction--will be credited to you.

Preparation: When you show up on scene, a message with some red text will appear. Once this happens, you may leave the scene and your Broadway without suffering a time limit (other that the 3 minute one imposed when you were first informed). This is only true up until the point you kill the offender, so don't go too far. Also, I suggest doing 100 tags first. It's a comp to 100% anyways and doing all tags gives you advantages like MP5-wielding homies and another Tec9 pickup at home. For this excursion though, we're going to benefit most from the sawnoff shotgun. Hitting what seems to be any untarnished car with 5 shots will make it spew black smoke. A single bump will ignite it and this predictability can help give you that much more control over an otherwise out of control situation. There's a problem however. The rough johns are in very close proximity of your girl, endangering her, and your run. You won't tally kills, but you will have to start over. On the flipside, the non-paying johns are attempting to evade you, making positiong of your homemade kill free bomb that much more challenging.

The rough: Aim at him and once you have his attention, put one in him. Using your Tec9, this will not kill him, but it will make him pursue you. Leave the scene, but not too far away. Once you're a little ways away, he will stop pursuing you. Now grab any car, trying as hard as you can to avoid police attention. Take it to an out of the way location (as to avoid witnesses) and hit it with the sawnoff 5 times. Head back to the scene. The rest will take practice to learn the right distance/timing. But when he's an okay distance away, bump anything and the car will catch fire. Run away. Once you have the timing down, you'll be able to claim his life uncredited without killing your girl. You now have a time limit to get back to your Broadway.

The nonpaying: More or less the same concept. The upside: The girl will not endanger herself by pursuing the john. The downside: His running away makes placement of the explosion harder. And from what I've experienced, your time limit more or less dictates you only get 2 (sometimes 3) tries at it. For these reasons, the victim car should be a faster one. Once you've blasted it, head towards the john. You can use the bail technique, but he will be immune to it, which means it won't even knock him down. Plus if you bail in a way that it bumps something and catches fire next to him, he will not instead evade the fire, even if it means heading your way. No, the trick is to bump something en route so that it will catch fire, you can bail, and send the car in a manner that it will be very near him when it explodes. This is MUCH harder to time than above, so hope the only problematic johns are rough ones and that you can master timing the rigging to not kill your girls.

Regarless of which john you have, once he's dead, all time limits are off. Take your time to repair your Broadwa if need be or clear your wanted level if you've amassed one. In my second attempt at minimal kills, I was able to finish Pimping with 0 credited kills this way, but by no means is it easy.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - REUNITING THE FAMILIES - 14 kills (8 unavoidable)

Anybody choosing to take on this competition will cringe at a mission like this and rightfully so. As with all the challenging ones, I now have HOURS of research in on this one.

Preparation: Get rid of your throwing weapons. You're going to want you Tec 9 and Spraycan to occupy adjacent slots.

Outside Jefferson: There's nothing here. The entrance is wide open from the start and you start off right next to it. You should be able to enter without eating a single round. Before I realized this, I was able to wipe out the entire SWAT platoon without scoring a kill by distracting them long enough for the families to finish them off. There's nothing to gain in this as you'll want your SMG to be of the shoot while moving variety. Stick around long enough for the families to shoot down the heli, and you WILL score a kill for the pilot.

Inside Jefferson: This is NOT as daunting as it appears! Don't know why I say that; it's not going to be able to calm anybody down. I know it didn't help for me even during reruns after having the answer. At any rate, RAPID SPRINT up the stairs. While this one change the first SWAT's trigger distance, your momentum will put you right next to him and if you make with the spray (don't bother aiming; this is true of all sprays in this walkthrough) fast enough, you won't take a single round. Make sure he's good and spoken for. Just down the hall is a SWAT involved in a shootout down the hall. Sadly, you're going to need to kill him to be able to do what you need to in the hall he's covering. Since he's covering that hall and not you, no need for speed. Line up a good headshot. Failure to do so WILL grab his attention and you'll lose precious health/armor. Turn the corner, but only walk forward enough to provoke the prostitute to cross the hall. Otherwise, you risk her obstructing you. Diretly ahead, 3 SWAT come out of the same door together. You WILL get shot, but not much. your goal is to rush and spray them all at once. This will take practice. In fact all sprayings will as you want to deploy as quickly as possible, but still be within range so you're not wasting your time. Take as long as you want sedating these three by spinning about. As they back up, they'll open a pocket for easy passage. The intersection ahead is one you don't want to stick around in. As soon as you approach, the homie in front of you loses his head (added for milestone). BE AIMING! As soon as you turn the corner, there is a SWAT behind a cart that needs a headshot ASAP. Switch to spray as a SWAT is coming out to your right. Stay on him for a second and you'll see somebody dropping in from the ceiling. They're going to walk forward a bit, so you have a LITTLE time. Time you want to take because after a delay, a 2nd one comes down and he takes a moment to recover from the fall. You'll want to be able to spray both of these before the first is in position and be done before the SWAT you just sprayed recovers (which is why you want to stay on him until you're ready to hit the ceiling twins). From here on, it's risky, but after many runs, it's very reliable. Your goal is to just gauntlet it. With a pair of exceptions. The doorway at the end has a SWAT crouching in it, shooting into the room. Him and the SWAT that will roll out from across the hall both need to be killed or meeting up with Sweet won't do anything (until they're dead). The others, including the SWAT behind you in the room will shoot a lot and hit a lot. But you will survive if you keep moving forward, hence needing an Uzi/Tec 9 to be able to shoot while moving.

The Roof: Leaving the building heals you to 100. But you'll need more. And surprisingly enough, Sweet can handle the heli himself without ANY risk of dieing. In all my runs, he never went below about 60% health. So take this time to split! No sense in risking shooting at the heli and killing a SWAT in the process. There's a vending machine just west of Jefferson Hotel. Grab a car from the lot there and armor yourself whever you like. Sweet's battle will take some time and he won't proceed without you, so enjoy your last breather before the long haul. You WILL catch a kill for the pilot when Sweet downs the heli, but only the pilot.

The chase: Sadly, the chase is littered with unavoidable kills. All in all, there are 4 explosions, totalling 7 kills. 3 of them appear (ingame) to be scripted while the final, you MIGHT be able to avoid if you play it enough as it appears the result of one cop shooting into it too much. I didn't bother with all that. Second item worth mentioning is: Ignore cops on your hood! With the energy boost you indulged in, you can witstand the attacks (that DO directly effect your personal health). There's no point in gaining a senseless body count over these clowns (which fall off the hood in their own time anyways). HOWEVER, the car's well being isn't so guaranteed. In fact in all my tests, it appears that you need to take out no less than 2 shooters. You can kill just the shooter without taking out the car. I have specific shooters to aim for, but if your shots aren't taking their heads off, stop before the car is billowing black smoke. Take the car out and you get the driver's death on your hands too and we're trying to avoid that. So which cars? Well as you play through, you'll learn certain ones eat it themselves or split off and are therefore not worth eliminating when more pervasive options are available. First target: The car on the left of your screen as soon as the chase starts. My last fully acceptable run, I almost blew up the car because I didn't get these guys fast enough. Be dilligent, but accurate, and certainly not overboard (blowing the entire car). Your 2nd target is technically the 4th car. When the chase starts, you have two cars on you (the left was your first target). Almost immediately, a 3rd car pulls out of the front of Jefferson, but is quickly train meat (one of the explosions you get 2 kills for anyways). The next car to join in is your target. The shooter is using an MP5 and the quick elimination of him and your first target will mean that all their best efforts won't total your car in time.

Congratulations; you've survived the intimidating with (what I believe to be) the least amount of kills. My body count at this point is 27 (13 before plus 14 for Reuniting The Families).

LordFrieza
  • LordFrieza

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:29 PM

You're doing quite well at this.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 02:00 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - JIZZY - 0 kills

The key to this mission is that you don't have to do any of it in the Broadway. You have to be in it to spark each segment, but that's it. Fortunately, the timed aspects of the mission are ample. Unfortunately, the final segment is both lengthy and unpredictable.

The Pimp (plan A): Park the Broadway just outside the driving school and grab the Bullet there. If you don't have a Bullet there, grab the Banshee outside the gym. If you don't have a Banshee there, do the driving school first. Park it in the grassy area near the pimp, but not so close as to trigger him. Make sure no cops are too close and hit your car 4 times with the sawnoff to get it smoking nice and good. Now hit the pimp with a sniper round. He'll live so long as you don't hit his head. This is necessary as he's healthey enough to survive a blast. Sniping him will trigger the next segment, which will include him shooting at you. This should get your car flaming. Using its superior acceleration, get it going, aiming just beside the pimp. Bail. The blast should kill him. Luckily the prostitute has ran off by this point and should be safe from the blast. I've seen some chain reactions here count against you and others not (mostly). If this doesn't kill him...

The Pimp (plan B): After he shoots at you for a couple seconds, he'll take off on foot. Don't get in front of him until he's down the steps. Once he is, follow the street to his parked car, which is already smoking. Hit it with 2 sawnoff rounds, making sure to hit it center of mass so it receives the full blast each time. Then put 2 SMG shots into it. I originally had the SMG because I thought I'd need it on this mission. I didn't, but using it here in this manner has surprisingly precise results. He should be coming around the bend now and he'll shoot you a couple times. You can take it. Jack him as soon as he gets in. More often than not, he tries to take off in the car, bumping a wall and setting the car on fire! Now you see why to use those specific rounds wink.gif If the car's on fire, interrupt Carl from completing the jacking and run away. He'll probably die in the blast as he's face flat on the ground and cannot evade in time. If he's still alive...

The Pimp (plan C): Either his car didn't blow up or it doing so didn't kill him. Either way, the strategy here is the same. The only difference is that if his car is blown up, you'll have to grab another car and soften it up with 4-5 sawnoff shots. You won't fail the mission from getting too far from him, but if you do, he is capable of procuring another car. You don't want that to happen (though it's not impossible to overcome). The idea here is not unlike the usual using a car blast to kill somebody immune to nonplayer. The difference is that even with the sniper shot, this guy has a lot of health left. What I've found works best is to drive behind him on the sidewalk, bump into a building until the car is on fire, then run him over! Obviously you can't be going too fast and if you're not, he falls over with a flaming car on top of him. He's a goner (finally).

The beaters: There's not much to this. Since you left the Broadway near a parked car generator of a fast car, it should be there again. So once you're done talking to Jizzy, grab the fast car (Bullet/Banshee) and head over to the beating. It's under the expressway and across the street from them is a large underpass type area, complete with a bribe. You probably won't need it, but it's there if you do. Take your car there and soften it up with your sawnoff (4-5 shots depending on how bumpy the ride over was). Approach the beaters and the nearest one begins shooting at you. Make sure you're a decent distance away when the car catches fire. Now run it up NEAR him and get out of there. You WILL take damage due to the delayed nature. Now shoot the other beater nonfatally to goad him into following you. Grab a car from traffic nearby and head down towards the bribe once more. Soften it up, which should take the full 5 shots as it's fresh. This guy doesn't shoot at you. So aim the car perpendicular to the 2 expressway ramps and start ramming the car into them. Should only take one hit (maybe two depending on your speed). It will catch fire. Get out of there, but not too far. You need him to be consumed by the blast. I never had to give my own health to do so, but if you have it to spare, don't be afraid to do so. Once he's off the ho, you're free to go heal up, suit up...

The preacher: This is easier than it seems in that you don't actually have to do anything. It's harder than it seems though as A) it's unpredictable to a degree and B) you will have to ride it out longer than you've probably ever had to. Before you park in the red sphere triggering the arrival of the preacher, park the Broadway just near it. Now if you've completed driving school on any level, there should be a Bullet parked at the northwestern Burger Shot. Go grab it. Now when the preacher arrives, the game clears out everything within 100 units of you. So you'll need to park this some distance away. If you look on your map a couple blocks east, at the bottom of the incline, you'll notice an area with plenty of room. I dumped it there and left the door open as I left just in case. Now trigger the preacher's arrival. Jet past him and grab your Bullet or whatever speed on demand car you've chosen. Now follow the preacher. You might want to get close at first to prompt him to kick it into over drive. He will eventually leave San Fierro heading south along the west coast. It was my intention to coax him off the road after the large bridge, but it being 2 lanes made this impossible. I stuck with him just to see where he'd lead and not far beyond Angel Pine, him and his bodyguard took the plunge into the water. All dead, no casualties on your hand. I didn't have to coax them in, but I wasn't facing that direction when it happened, so I don't know if you'll have to. All I know is that the first time I let it play out this far, they ate it without any effort on my part. Just make sure you stick close enough by. Get too far away from the preacher and you fail the mission. Which means when he's taking the plunge, try to stay close. If you eat it too, it's no big deal as you can swim. Something to consider just to be sure.

The aftermath: After all that, you should be off the hook, eh? Unfortunately not. Upon passing the mission, you're given a 2 star wanted level. Not too shabby, but it would be a shame to run over a pedestrian in the comotion after all that. I just ran all the way to a safe house. A mounted cop shot me a few times, but meh. Safe!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - MOUNTAIN CLOUD BOYS - 0 kills

The ideology of this post is actually fairly simple. Pulling it off flawlessly ingame is HARD. And thanks to the nature of ped AI and shot accuracy, doesn't require luck, but is certain susceptible to it. Only preparation you need is full health and armor, lots of sawnoff ammo, some sniper ammo, and lots of whatever kind of ammo you can use to effectively soften up bad guys. YOU are going to be the decoy to keep Wuzi alive while he does all the killing.

First arrivals: There are 4 of them and this will be done in two parts. The first part is simple. Put 4 Uzi rounds (or whatever all but kills them) into the 2 guys that are headed your way. This will make them want you while Wuzi kills them. Now if you've failed to soften them up properly, Wuzi hitting them but not killing them will make them want him. You need to avoid this throughout the mission (which sadly means you'll be replaying it a few times just from over/under softening them). If Wuzi kills somebody, he will gloat and not go after the next target. You can direct him by aiming at the other guy. Once his guage appears above him, shoot nearby. Or if you're behind cover, shoot directly into cover. As long as you're firing while the guage is active, Wuzi will take the hint and finish the job. You may have suffered a couple rounds and Wuzi one, but this should've been rather painless.

First arrivals (part two): Now you have 2 guys hiding behind a car. Duck down with your sawnoff and approach, but not so close as they start shooting at you. No matter what here, you can NOT allow Wuzi to take an interest. This means stay back so he won't get shot and make sure you never pull the trigger while one of their guages is lit up. You also don't want to go too far forward or you will trigger the next section prematurely (not terribly harmful). The idea here is to hit the car with 5 sawnoff rounds. As long as you're not too close, no guages are lit up and you don't hit the gas tank (which is facing you), you'll be fine. Now move forward just enough to provoke the guy on the right to shoot at you then run out of there. He will light up the car and kill his partner. Sadly, he usually survives to fight back 2 sections from now. There's a variant of this where your 5th shotgun blast has the right guy lit up to provoke Wuzi to light up the car. If he's close enough, he's smart enough to bail. Sometimes the guy on the right evades anyways and sometimes Wuzi dies, so try that variation at your own risk.

Sanchez riders: This part is dead easy thanks to a loophole. After the last section, run towards the blown up car and just as quickly high tail it back to where you started this guantlet. From as far back as you can be while still seeing it, put 7 sniper rounds into the right Sanchez. It will ignite. It will blow up. It will claim the lives of as many as 3 baddies free of charge. The distance must be enough to prevent you from being credited. This might come in handy later wink.gif There's still one guy running about, but he's freaked and won't fire upon you. Once he's clear of the gate section there, soften him up and use the car for cover while Wuzi finishes the job. Now whip out the sawnoff and make it so the car faces you. Continue to blast the hood, one shot at a time until it barely clears the wall to the next section. You'll be using it for cover and if you're good in positioning it so that it clears the wall, but not enough for Wuzi to get through, you'll be able to keep him occupied trying to get through while you soften everybody up for him. Not necessary, but VERY helpful. At this point, you should still be pretty health and armory and Wuzi should be in fairly good shape too.

Main shootout: The main problems throughout this next section is going to be the sniper and the guy just below him. They're problems because they're so far away, you can't really shoot them (except by sniper, which will kill them). An assault rifle might work; I didn't think to try until just now. Anyways, they're far away, so there's no way to harm them, which means they're going to focus on Wuzi first and foremost and WILL fire upon him as soon as he's in range. Which is the other overtone of this section: Everybody wants Wuzi first. Shoot them and then they'll want you. But anybody you shoot at will make Wuzi go after them. If you didn't hit them hard enough to make them soft, Wuzi shooting them will make them want him again. See the dilemna? This is why it's good if you can keep him penned up while you soften everybody you can see. As if all of that wasn't enough, after Wuzi kills a few, then the REAL siege begins. It will be fast paced. You will personally take great damage. It would be easier if you could sit back and soften everybody up, but Wuzi gets very forward and if you're not there to help, he will pay the consequences. Be prepared to try this part many times over. Keep a cool hand and stay with it. You CAN do this.

The chase: This part is actually very easy once you know how. The first thing to do is GET OUT OF THERE. I've seen Wuzi die instantly by a shot from your assailants. Also if you let him shoot at them for too long, they will blow up, giving you 2 kills each. So leave. Go far away. I recommend to the gym to pick up the Banshee. The only reason for this is to separate yourself from Wuzi. Do this while your pursuers are still far away. Otherwise when you two get separated, he will shoot them and get their attention. Otherwise, they want YOU and that's exactly what you want. Head for the west coast and follow it to just beyond the big bridge. Here, there's next to no land between the road (which they'd rather stick to) and where you are (in the water). This is enough to override their natural desire to stay ont he road and they will follow you into the water. Only they can't swim.

Once you've reunited with Wuzi, he will comically thank you for not making him have to kill them all himself. This has never been truer! lol.gif Drive him home safely and you've done it smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - OUTRIDER - 0 kills

The problem with this mission is that all cars and all opponents are immune to nonplayer. No big deal with the cars as once the opponents are dead, it's fairly easy to take out the cars without getting kills. Also no big deal considering that how to kill immune to nonplayer types is already know. But with all the roadblocks, all the enemies, and all their hardware, you simply don't have time. So... make the time. It should be noted that once you've arrived at the van, cops will ignore you. Feel free to do whatever you want (except kill people) at this time.

Step 1 (securing unlimited time) - Go a couple blocks west and grab the firetruck. I much prefer the one with the water hose as it doesn't tip anywhere near as easily as the ladder version does. Either will work. Now carefully position yourself behind the van and push it forward a bit. Once it has cleared the building, knock out the fense to the tracks below and start pushing the van perpendicular to it like a t-boning. When it's just about over the edge, stop pushing it. Let it fall naturally. I had to replay this mission a few times and EVERY time I did exactly like this, the van would land on it's wheels after a brief tumble. Now you're going to want to force it to be positioned perpendicular to the walls of this little tunnel. I found a Police Car works great for pushing soft enough to not damage the van, but forcibly enough to make a difference. Once the fan is perpendicular to the wall and face first against the wall, you've effectively bought yourself infinite time. Don't forget to hop onto the Sanchez to start the propogation of the roadblocks.

Step 2 (general enemy rules) - None of the roadblocks will fire upon you until "provoked". What all that entails is something I've received mixed readings on, but itn't terribly important. The point is that you get first strike capabilities and should use that to your advantage. Using a car that is made to flame by bumping something or being shot by others is still a great way to kill the immune to nonplayer types. However, these guys WILL run about if the flame starts too close to them. If they're up against a wall, "pinning them in" usually results in them running about in a close vicinity (death). Another thing I've found works is charge them. Sometimes they'll step out of the way, but somethimes they'll dive. If they do, park on top of them. Once his buddies light the car up, he's a goner. This obviously doesn't work on the last guy. But then when you're down to the last guy, you're down to only one opposing gun. So using the flame from a distance, park near him, and jet is totally viable. You're likely to sustain tons of damage in this mission from nearby blasts and hailing gunfire as you run away. You have unlimited time, so recharge as much as needed. Try to take all your damage within your armor meter as you can purchase as many armors as you want without repercussion. If you take a little health damage, stop by the hospital and make use of their Ambulances. Take heavy damage and feel free to eat, though you know the consequences of relying too heavily on that.

Step 3 (general car rules) - For the most part, the cars are safe. Nobody's inside them. However, 2 of the 4 roadblocks take place amidst pedestrians which WILL tally your body count. I recommend a sniper shot to the gas tank from as far back as you can manage. Remember, the police don't care what you don't, so don't waste time trying to be sneaky. Just use some distance. Also, you zooming in WILL provoke peds to spawn nearby, so repeat the process as needed.

Step 4 (elevated baddies) - Roadblocks 2 and 3 feature enemies above street level. However, they're in a place where you can reach by car. You have a choice. You can either push or provoke them down to street level or you can TRY to kill them up here. The former is easier, but results in additional firepower in the street. The latter is better for the longrun but hard to pull off. In the 2nd roadblock, there is a baddy in a section you can't readily get to. Causing the car to light up just on the other side of his wall will provoke him to flee which will put him on the ground somewhere. In these roadblocks, it's important to try and take out the AK packers first for obvious reasons.

Step 5 (releasing the van) - Once all roadblocks are tended to (very timely), your job is mostly done. Grab another Firetruck and push the backend of the van to make it face to the west. He's free now, so a lot easier to push. Once he's facing west, get behind him and help him to the top of the incline. Once he clears the fence, he will commence with his route. It will take a little time to drive out. Take a moment to SAFELY feed if you need, armor up, collect your assets, etc.

Step 6 (finishing the mission) - Once the van is in position and you arrive, you pass. But you receive a 3 star wanted level. You have a safehouse just a block away, across from driving school. If you have not yet purchased it, do so now. Sure the wanted level is easy enough to avoid, but the longer you allow commotion to unfold around you, the greater your risk of catching kills that had nothing to do with you. Just use this safehous, save, and be done with it.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:20 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - BLACK PROJECT - 0 kills

First and foremost, 100% of credit for this goes to HolyGrenadeFrenzy. I'm only rewriting it based on my own experiences. I think the mission gives you a sniper rifle, so all you need going into it is the silenced pistol. We'll use the follwing pic for the outdoors instructions. If you just keep moving, it won't even matter who sees you, what others are doing, etc. You can "sneak" (crouch and walk) or run/sprint up to the 2nd blue dot, but after that, sneak the rest of the way.

user posted image

Outdoors - First things first (first blue dot on left side of pic), snip the southwest tower by hitting it just inside the rim. The floodlight should go out. You can kill up to 2 floodlights without alerting the military. This is the first. Now follow the path in the image... Enter the gate and hug it traveling south just long enough to clear the tower there. Start heading off in a generally southeastern direction, hugging towers/buildings as you go for good measure. In the picture, you can see your path turns to "due" east once you pass under the 2nd tower that you pass. Stay heading east until you clear the final building and follow it around towards the south. At the 2nd blue dot there, pull out your silenced pistol and take out the southeasternmost floodlight. Continue south up to the fense and follow it west until you're at the west side of the control booth. Hop up there, grab the armor if you must and stop in the 3rd dot for the briefest of moments so that the game will realize you intend to open the bay doors. Now head down and sneak north between the buildings. Yes there's a guy right there and yse you can sneak right under his nose without him caring. As you continue north to the bay doors, you'll see 2 soldiers patrolling perpendicular to you. Just try to steer behind them unless they're to one extreme. You may get spotted. Won't matter. Drop down and head in. You likely have about full health and armor still.

Indoors (1st leg) - While inside, you're going to be sneaking any time you can. The only exception is in the gauntlet (later). Anyways, enter into the first room and immediately turn right into the observation room. Try not to pick up the armor. what little you need of it now won't compare to when you come back for it (necessary). The guard up top will eventually spot you and try shooting you through the glass unsuccessfully, but we want EVERYBODY's attention. So shoot your own gun to let them know you're there. If you stay towards the back, all 5 personelle present will be forced to hop upstairs to have a shot at you. This is what you want though. If one of them tries shooting at you from below, move back as needed to convince them they have no shot down there. Once they're gathered up top, quickly leave the room and jump over the rail to the east, trying to land between the big orange things. Head to the NE cornere where the red curve is.

Indoors (2nd leg) - There is a guard at the bottom. Sometimes he'll start shooting immediately. Other times, he seems to ignore you until you're right up on him. If he does that latter and you feel like spraying him to reduce pain, go for it. IMMEDIATELY inside his room though, do a U turn. You should see a hole in the floor. Jump down there. SNEAK to the other end. Sadly, you will be forced to pick up the armor. No biggie. There's still 3 more to be had if need be. Hop up at the other end and you'll be behind the easternmost set of stairs going up half a level. Head up that one and you are amidst the gauntlet. I sincerely suggest just running through it. From the eastern half stairs just mentioned, you will be going north, east, north, west, north. Or straight, right, left, left, right. Now you are in the first lab room. Head to your left to the 2nd lab room. Leave the armor for a second and grab the scientist's keycard. IF an army guy has followed you, duck behind the table long enough to lose his interest. Now use the keycoard to open the launch bay. As you walk past the now open door to claim the armor, the army guy DEEP inside the launch bay will fire at you. This is a good thing.

Indoors (3rd leg) - Go BACK throught the gauntlet until you're back at the double stairs. Whether you take the hall west or the tunnel below west depends on where the army's located and if you need the health that is still down there. Sneak to keep attention at a minimum. Once at the west end of the hallways, surface if need be and head south towards the SAM control room. Again there's armor and again there's a table to hide behind. Use both as needed. Make sure you disable the SAM before leaving.

Indoors (4th leg) - As you leave this area, rather than going back down the half stairs you used to get up there, just take the catwalk all the way back to the very first room. Don't worry; for some reason, it is empty. Go to the observation room and grab that armor. Also back in the room you first started in there's a ventilation grate that can be shot out to reveal a health pickup if you need.

Indoors (5th leg) - This is much like the 1st leg, but without the luring pitstop in the observation room. You're going to go to the boiler room either by catwalk or red curve and head east back towards the gauntlet. You're going to traverse the gauntlet your 3rd and final time. When you get to the launch bay... what's this? The military IGNORE YOU. Take your time strolling to the bottom. Grab the jetpack and launch yourself high into the air and THEN start manuevering towards The Truth. You may get shot a couple times, but grin and bear it. You've just one a VERY complex misison with 0 kills wink.gif

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:28 AM

@demarest: the last few times i played this mission, i just sprinted straight from the gate to the grate, (the alternate entrance you have to use if you set off the alarm). the idiot guards never saw me, and each time i got inside without taking a hit or firing a round. took all of ten seconds. after that, i think i'd follow everything you recommend above.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:35 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - UP, UP AND AWAY - 0 kills

This mission is really only challenging at all because there's no way to take out the Hunters without catching a kill each. Luckily, you won't have to. You will need either a spray can or fire extinguisher though. This should always be part of your repertoire anyways. A spraycan pickup can be found amongst the buildings that appear to form a pair of roman numeral III's along the east coast of LV.

Head out to Verdant Meadows and get the jetpack. If you've not yet passed Green Goo, save this mission until you do. None of Toreno's missions require you to kill anybody anyways, including Destroy The Targets in Learning To Fly. The problem with being airborn in any manner in this mission is that the military on guard switch over to rocket launchers. And they hurt. Don't get hit by them. All you're looking to do is fly close enough to the Leviathan that its marker turns from yellow to blue AND you get a message that 2 gunships (red markers) have been deployed. While continuing to bob and weave the rockets, head north over the cliff. The jetpack is like a kickball when it comes to water. You can go under briefly, but you resurface. Thankfully, our Hunter pilots don't understand how to negotiate water. Once they are both under (and they will be, just trying to pursue you), you will be prompted to steal the Leviathan.

On your trip back to the helipad, of course you have more rockets to dodge. Land on the helipad and get your spray ready. Approach one of the army guys on the helipad and just let out the smallest amount of spray. He steps back. Repeat the process until he stage dives. Repeat this process with the other guy. You'll likely lose all your armor and some health, but they're out of the picture now. Grab the Leviathan and take note of where the rockets are coming from below. You should be able to take off to the south without risk. I always ducked down once I cleared the silos anyways for good measure.

It's not over! All we did was tie the Hunters up. While we were busy doing our thing, they were sinking into the bed of the ocean. Once they get to the bottom, they continue to fall straight through. Once totally cleared of the bottom of the ocean, they come back for you! Oddly enough, they'll be reaching you just about as you're about to reach the Securicar. So guess what comes next? You guessed it. Fly to the east, past all the land. Hover near the water's surface. Once they go under, their propellers will stop. Careful: You're no longer on the jetpack. Go under yourself and all your effort was for naught. Once they're submerged, you will have JUST enough time to hook up the Securicar and take it home. As a matter of fact, when I was having the convo with Wuzi's assistant, there were gunshots at our feet. Once over, I looked to the sky and saw a pair of Hunters leaving. If you're not good at attaching the Securicar or flying with it, make an intentional detour to make the trip back a two leg journey with a third sinking of the Hunters inbetween. 0 kills.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 08:42 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 08 October 2006 - 03:46 AM.

Black Project....notes
@Demarest... Thanx for sharing my method with everyone...I feel honored...Nice map of the entrance strategy...The only difference I usually do is at the second Blue Dot I cross over to the guard tower on the west side of it and hug the fence going eat behind the tower beside the fence till you get just south of the stairs up the tower ..go into sneak hug the rail all the way up and shoot the light out up close on top the tower and sneak back down hugging the rail.....the guard won't notice if you sneak and hug the rail proper...assuming you didn't let the guard on the tower see you in the first place.

It is complerely possible to get in without anyone shooting or raising any alarms.

Don't forget about the first complex rooms vent entrance...by which you enter if you get a red alert. The Heart behind the vent grate is useful if you need health later. A bullet of any kind removes the grate

In the window room your next stop....the one with the armor and the minigun(which you won't need this weapon)...I use the glitch exit....when facing the window while instide the room with people shooting at you from the rail it is to the right and front....looks like a circuit box but in the PS2 and other versions I am told usuallly it isn't completely solid allowing you to fall through then move right or you can get stuck and run for the red curve room......

Demarest does an excellent discription of the Guanlet ...so called because in the mimimum kill you must run and bear it...which I count as starting right after the U turn.....yeah....that is when I start running...take the shortest path to the scientist with the Key Card and then open the Door and then I hide from the guard following me until he leaves and follow him out in sneak mode until his fellow guards start shooting at him and then I run the gauntlet again and on around as Demarest discribes to the SAM controls.....after shuting off the SAM and armoring and health uping....I go through the gauntlet and through the mesmerized guards in the Project room....using the fire extinguisher if they are too much in the way to pass(when they cough you can push past them)...get the jetpack and leave........If the steps where to be listed I would probrably list them....Entrance , Glass Observatory bullet dodge, Guantlet1, Key Card Aquisition,Guanlet2,SAM,Guantlet3, Mesmerized Project Room, Health ups when needed.

WEAPON note...you are given the knife, the silenced pistol, the sniper rifle and the IR goggles for this mission........If you try to bring anything else that goes in those slots you will loose them.

I though am loose with Note Taking and prefer Mind Mapping to classic note taking........Thanx Demarest.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2006 - 02:02 AM Edited by Demarest, 07 October 2006 - 02:15 AM.

MINIMAL KILLS - SAINT MARK'S BISTRO - 3 kills

This is NOT meant to be the end all be all of SMB. I don't know if I'm growing weary of the competition or if all the leg work you have to do to even get there makes it not so attractive to continue to play on. The 3 kills are not easy to acquire, but the method IS reproduceable and assuming there's not actually a better method out there, 3 kills probably IS the minimum. The amazing part is that SMB is populated with 19 baddies and you're required to kill them all wow.gif Do NOT do this mission before completing Vigilante. You will NOT live.

Step 1 - Get to safety. If you let the inside "cutscene" play, you will regain control of CJ with him crouching. As you're starting off practicing, this is better to help you get your bearings without taking more than a bullet or two. Later on, you'll want to skip it to regain control of CJ ASAP while also not being bothered with him being crouching. Your aim is to jump over the rail to your right, staying as close to the wall as possible as well as jumping as far as possible. With practice, you will work out your route below. I recommend keeping a maximum radius for damage control. Head towards the stairs. It's important to realize the above will leave you with anything between some armor remaining to almost fully bled out. It sucks, but you'll have to deal with it. The more familiar with your route you become, the more life you'll save naturally. Just roll with it. You won't be losing TOO much beyond this. Anyways, you've just passed 12 assailants plus Forelli. He's behind you at this point. Dual wielding Uzi's, that's not good news, but he's really the last of your worries.

Step 2 - Get outside. Since you're running for your life, you're probably already so far into the stairwell that you've provoked the next badguy. That's not a bad thing. Just know that if you progress too far right now, you'll wind up with a stuck Forelli up above and have to start over. So stay with this stairwell baddie and hit him with spray a couple times if need be. Starting with this guy, the more you can soften any of them up, the better. Just don't hang around here because if Forelli makes it to the landing and starts shooting at you, it will hurt. More importantly, you risk him getting stuck in this shoot at you mode, which means he won't progress outside like you need him to. When it's time to head into the kitchen, stay to your right so that you can be shielded from the 2nd kitchen baddie while spraying the first. Just enough to tie him up for a second. As you go around the corner, it's you and kitchen baddie #2, with a counter between you. Well it doesn't stop his bullets from hitting you, so don't let it stop you from spraying him either. Do that before running around it and taking all the gunfire. The first guy might be recovered and put one more in you. If Forelli is far enough behind, don't be afraid to soften these guys up. But leave as soon as the blip indicates he's near. Your goal is to hide at the U turn between the kitchen and the outdoor stairway. If anybody from the kitchen follows you out here, you'll probably need to start over. Only seen it happen twice, so I'm not sure how/why it does. But you can't afford it.

Step - Dealing with the bodies. As soon as Forelli shows himself, kill him. You'll see his guage is red. Not sure why. I thought maybe the 12 up top softened him up, but couldn't figure out a way to make the Sindaccos finish him off. Once Forelli is dead, EVERYTHING changes. The 12 up top disappear for one notify.gif Not sure how/why, but there's 12 kills you just weaseled out of. The bad news is that the 6 remaining (1 stairwell, 2 kitchen, 3 outside) have commenced closing in on you. Your job is to wait where you are. As soon as you see the first face pop out from the kitchen OR about 3 seconds have pass, jump over the rail. Not the long side that runs along the entire incline, but the short side. The snow below is ramped, so this will reduce damage you take from the fall while keeping you as far and as shielded as possible from the gunfire that's intended for you. Hug the wall and super sprint to the far end of this court. STAND behind the car. You'll be surprised, but if you do this just as described, the 6 will religiously be clumped together. You very much so need this. I had a 5 kill and a 4 kill. The 3 kill is hard to effect, but requires them to be grouped as closely behind you as possible. As they approach, 2 of them sort of take cover. It's these 2 that lead me to believe 3 is the minimum. The timing here is HARD. Don't be afraid to play it through a few times to get it down to 3. The trick is that once you crouch AND enough time passes for them to realize they don't have a shot, they will close in. You want to time your crouching and your retreat while crouching (straight back) in such a way that they will cause the car to only begin to light up so that by time they chase after you, 4 are consumed by the blast. Getting them to eat it in the blast is easy. Timing it so that they light it up and position themselves around it is not. I apologize it's so complex, but this is the way to minimal kills. Finish off the remaining 2 and fly home.

user posted image

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2006 - 03:44 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - BREAKING THE BANK AT CALIGULA'S - 20 kills

Once again, this is not the end all be all. Somebody might easily come up with a better way, particularly for when your buddies have the cash in hand. This is a lenthy mission, but not a hard one. The only downside (to me) was that you're forced to take on the MP5, so you won't be able to move and shoot. Oh, and trying to learn how to judge their guages while in nightvision mode. Won't take long at all. Play as you would up to the point where the forklift lifts the bay door and your buddies are let in.

Part 1 - The journey to the safe. As soon as they're let in, take a head start down the hall. Kill the first person you see (rightmost). For whatever reason, no amount of time affords your buddies taking him out, so don't bother wasting precious time on waiting for it to happen. Soften up the other two. Once you do, duck back behind the wall. The guards become statues for easy Triad target practice. In the next room there are two (and only two) guys immune to nonplayer. Which not only means it's your job to take them out, but if you don't quickly, the Triads behave oddly including one time even watching one just stand there. They're the two guys sho only take 3 MP5 shots to kill. Or put simply, as you're looking down either passway, it's the guy behind the bin on the left of both passways. The remaining guards, just soften up and let the Traids take them out. Once the room is cleared, head down the hall. You have two more guards there, but you don't need to kill them. Soften them up and hide behind the wall again. Once the Triads take them out, head down to the vault, making sure to replace your teargas with the satchel charges there.

Part 2 - Collecting the money. ONCE YOUR INSTRUCTED TO, head to the generator room, arming your spray. Once you make it to the generator room, squeeze past the guard in the doorway and head to the back of the room along the right side. Using the generators as cover as much as possible, head back towards the front, between the generators. Hit the guard inside the room with spray twice to encourage him to step back a bit. Leave a satchel charge on the floor, not TOO far from the generators. Leave the room and detonate the charge. You should have destroyed the generators, but no human life. If the generators still stand, try again, leaving a charge closer. If you killed the guard inside with the blast, start over. Now head back to the safe. Once blasted, collect the armor inside as you're probably about out by now. And while this really isn't the time, the halls are littered with vending machines if you also need health.

Part 3 - The slaughter. This is the part of the walkthrough I REALLY hope somebody figures out a way to trump. Because it requires you to kill 17 people. Despite having buddies with you, they're not interested in helping dispatch the opposition. And they won't come forward until the nearest baddie is taken care of. To make matters worst of all, creative attempts to subvert the following will be under constraint of time limit. So my recommendation at this time is to simply kill them all as you encounter them. Doing so, lead your team back to the security car.

Part 4 - Making it to safety. From here on is plenty easy. Simply keep moving to the roof. Chances are, you're not going to take much damage at all. In my final run, I still had over half my armor left. Once out on the roof, collect the parachute. I'm not sure why they bother telling you to get to the chopper. You don't have a wanted level right now despite the chopper on your ass, so leave it that way. Parachute to the road below, grab a car, and head back to Verdant Meadows. Done.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - A HOME IN THE HILLS - 0 kills

This mission is more intense than Saint Mark's Bistro. It's hard to live through but as before, the more you practice, the more of your life you learn to hang onto.

Part 1 - Outdoors. I've never been able to chute the roof, have you? Plummet from the start, making sure to open your chute in time. Don't bother with a vehicle, just super sprit west, staying north of the mansion. Once you can hop the fence, do so. Run around the building and up the ramp to the roof. You should have made good enough time that the Vagos won't even pay you any mind. If they did, grab the armor there. Either way, duck between the AC units facing west. It makes no difference if the first wave of Triads live or not. They usually all die pretty quickly anyways. Once the 2nd wave lands (you'll know by the yellow blip on the radar), hop over the railing to the west and drop below. Super sprint around the building to the door. Assuming you make it before any of the 2nd wave Triads die, you're inside with 0 kills so far. They never died on me using this technique.

Part 2 - Indoors. One thing to keep in mind is to always be super sprinting. Most of the time, it won be beyond even a run, but especially when you take stairs, the distance boost is invaluable. Anyways, as soon as the Triad's head is popped, super sprint down the stairs and take the white hall to your right. As you do, hug the right wall. Once into the stairwell room, super sprint down the stairs, trying to take them at an angle that will shoot you down to the bottom. Try not to overshoot the very last few steps. Let off sprint if you have to. But you want to make sure you super sprint down the last few steps as that can put you half way across before you're forced to jog again. From here to just before the bar area, hugging the appropriate walls so that those behind you have the least chance of getting a shot of is something you'll feel out. Once at the bar, steer clear of letting the bartend Vago seeing you. Get out your Uzi and put one in each innocent. This stops them from hanging around and will serve as a meat shield later. Start with the close ones, then to the far ones so that they clump up and trip over each other. Crouch down and hug the couches until you're just on the other side of the bar with the Vago. Once he lets up from his shot bursts, stand up and spray him. Saves a bit of life, but worthy since you have the time to do so. Now leave the bar area. In the pool area, try to use pillars and innocents as cover as much as possible. If all goes well, you might even walk out with 50 life or so. However, just walking out alive is all that's needed.

Part 3 - The chase. This part is the worst for a few reasons. For one, the Windsor... it sucks. But it's all you have for this moment. Worst of all is it handles bad and Big Poppa is already getting an incredible lead on you. Don't panic. But keep in mind that too much distance will fail the mission. Catch up to him CALMLY. From here on, your job is to just follow him and not run anybody over. Sadly, Poppa won't bail. Trapped inside, you'll get credit for the kill regardless of what caused his car to go up. So just follow him until he takes you where it's realistic to drown him. And of course using a Windsor to ease a Phoenix into the water is no easy task. It's better to be a tad too far back than a tad too far forward. The key is to not panic. If you fail in putting him in, ride it out until your next opportunity. No sense in tensing up and allowing him to get away or anything.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - BEAT DOWN ON B DUP - 3 kills

This is going to require a BP vehicle. Even if that just means the Walton from Madd Dogg. Being EP and DP help though. EP helps protect you against unexpected explosions nearby and DP can actually accelerate victory. If you have a 2 seater, it's you and Sweet. If it's a 4 seater, grab a couple homies. Be sure they're packing Desert Eagles or MP5's before choosing them. The assault on Glen Park is straight forward. Take the 3 kills on the chin and get back into your vehicle. Keep moving for all 3 waves, letting your passengers do all the dirty work. As you're nearing the end of wave 3, try to position your car in the NE corner of the park itself. Once you've survived wave 3, the REAL fun begins.

There is now a Balla posse packing major hardware. What's worse is that even Sweet won't try to fight them from within the car. HOWEVER, B Dup's is now in GSF turf. Which means that the occasional non-recruited GSF walking by will get involved in the fight! Be sure to locate yourself at an angle that your GSF assistants aren't in the crossfire. Because for the most part, the Ballas won't even focus on him, despite him being the true threat. The one on the porch though often proves difficult for guys on the street to take out. First time I did this, I ran my car towards him to make him jump back and position himself a bit more exposed. The assistant still couldn't hack it, so I drove onto the yard with the intention of using B Dup's Infernus as a bomb the Balla could set on himself. But as he turned sideways to aim at me, the assistant had enough body mass to fire at to finish the job. On my 2nd run through, I took advantage of my Admiral's DP status to push cars onto the front lawn to accelerat the Ballas' demise. See, with all that crossfire, many random traffickers will bail, leaving their cars behind. Use them! Even if your car isn't DP, if you avoid a lot of collisions, you should be able to push cars up without sustaining any worrisome amount of damage.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

MINIMAL KILLS - LOS DESPERADOS - 0 kills

Prior to this mission, you should have taken over 19 territories. After Riot, you should have saved at Carl's house. As you're leaving Carl's to go take on Los Desperados, recruit 2 GSF, preferably with Desert Eagles or maybe MP5's. After the mission is started, if you do not have 2 such, try to grab them now. If none with those weapons are available, choose whomever you can. Usually, knife wielders are no good, but here, they are equally useful. The running concept throughout this mission is that riot is toggled on. Which means if at any time, a helicopter eats it, you will be credited with a kill and should start over. This mission is not terribly difficult for this competition, but can be quite time consuming. It should also be noted that because Riot is on, your homies (one at a time thankfully) will randomly freak out. They will remain in your party, but will be out of your control for a minute or two. They will return in due time though.

Part 1 - main shootout. Hop in the Greenwood there with Cesar and your 2 current GSF. Choose a route from Grove Street to Unity that will take you as close as possible while still being in green territories. Once you're as far as you can go, get out of the car and recruit 3 more GSF. Then as quickly as you can without actually losing Cesar, get to the meet point. After the action sequence, you will be standing amongst a bunch of buildings, amidst a bunch of friendlies. Cesar and his boys are IMMUNE! So let them do ALL the fighting. You don't want to fight because everybody you shoot, your GSF buddies will try to kill for you. You want to preserve them for personal protection. Throughout the mission, a Vago will randomly break away and come after you. At these times, use your GSF bodyguards to kill him for you. Otherwise, stay out of the action with one exception. Sometimes, whomever the sword wielder is focused will back up, making it so that the sword wielder can never harm him. While he will eventually catch up, this can be VERY time consuming and will delay the flow of the mission accordingly. More often than not, just running up on the Vago and aiming at him will cause him to stop and shoot at you, allowing the sword guy to close in. Or use your GSF to dispatch him if you're willing to risk them dieing in retaliatory fire. Eventually, all Vagos here are killed by Cesar's guys and you can proceed.

Part 2 - first alley shootout. As soon as you have control, move to the right of your screen. There is a rocket wielder on your side, but sometimes your buddies will catch his fire and the detonation will kill Cesar and fail the mission. So move out of the way as soon as you can. Hop the fence there and wait for the GSF's to follow you over. Unlike before, not all of the killing will be done by Cesar's crew. You can wait for the few stragglers to come to you and use GSF to kill them. Once all the Vagos that are willing to pursue you have, you have a choice. You can either one by one aim/shoot at a Vago that remains to provoke him to pursue you and then when alone, use the GSF's to execute him. Or you can head to Cesar's street just west of here where you have a parked Voodoo, a parked Blade, and possibly even cars in your own garage you can throw away. Throwing cars at these Vagos (bailing before hitting them so you don't get credit for the kill) works. At the same time, you risk killing Cesar.

Part 3 - Second alley shootout. Pretty much the same strategy-wise as part 2. Only real difference is that Cesar ends up pretty much in the center of the action. I still find throwing cars to be faster and more preserving of your GSF, but at the same time, the risk is greater of killing Cesar too.

Part 4 - Cesar's house shootout. Still not too different strategy-wise than part 2. The rocket launcher Vago is relatively harmless. Still, his presence changes things a little. As does the fact that the other guys are at the front of Cesar's street. If you choose to snare the Voodoo or Blade to throw at them, you'll need to break through the gate at the dead end of that road to the west. Drive up the hill and to the north to wind up in the adjacent lot. Then manuever to the east of the whole shootout and throw the car from that direction, taking care not to get blown up. Reason is because if you throw the car at them from the west, the car will wind up near Cesar and WILL be destroyed by the rocket Vago. Once all you have left is the rocket Vago, you have a few options. I've seen Cesar's guys EVENTUALLY take him out. I've had GSF take him out. If you want to do it yourself, grab a couple cars and form a wall near Cesar's home. Then get onto the rooftop and use spray to make him cough and back up towards falling off the roof. Once he fires a rocket and hits the car right in front of him, he's dead. I suppose you could also use spray to make him end up closer to the edge of the roof so that the previous two methods will work better. Do NOT make him fall off the roof without a car wall in front of him or else he becomes a genuine threat to Cesar.

Once finished, super sprint to your safehouse at the end of the street. Riot mode will be back in full effect and therefore you risk a helicopter falling out of the sky at any point and ruining all your hard work.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:15 AM

MINIMAL KILLS - END OF THE LINE 1 (ascent) - 6 kills

Admittedly, I haven't passed EOTL 2 just yet, but I am almost certain that this is going to be THE hardest part of the min kill comp. Sure you could execute everybody, but if you want 6 kills, you're going to have to work your ass off. FORTUNATELY, the bulk of the hard work is on the 1st floor. So at least you won't have to play the whole thing before finding out you need to start over. Before starting this mission, you should have sawnoff on Hitman level so you can dual-wield. I suppose you could go without, but it makes things a lot easier. And while the min kill comp means you should've been steering clear of molotovs, grab some. I myself tossed down to 1 before saving so that I could free up that slot. This is important as you're going to be doing some serious weapons switching, which is part of the toughness. You will also need spraypaint. Normally, spray is up to the user whether to use paint or a fire extinguisher. Here, you'll need spraypaint as you'll need to crouch while deploying it.

Part 1 - entering the compound. Mostly straight forward. Drive to the spot keeping in mind that if riot mode causes a heli to explode, you'll grab a kill and need to restart. Once the cutscene plays, grab the bike and head south. You'll be approaching the SWATvan from the south. When you get near it, bail and grab it. You can also use stealth to keep the SWAT on the police line from noticing you before you're fully armored inside. Head north. Don't be afraid to clobber anybody in your path with the cars you're pushing. However, occassionally a Balla will get caught under and get ran over by you. So steer between them just to be safe. Also, if you should set any car on fire (usually the Police car you're pushing), make sure it's pushed away from people. Usually it won't tally your kills if the explosion kills somebody, but I've seen it do so a few times. Once you crash into the building, you just need to be patient. Since none of the Ballas inside will try to pull you out and you have a water gun, you can easily blaze a trail without killing anybody. Pull up need the door to the 1st floor in a way that the vehicle acts as a bullet shield. It is IMPERATIVE that you enter the 1st floor with full armor and health.

Part 2 - 1st floor (1st part). This is the first of the really hard parts. Hard and is hard to replicate. I've done so a few times though, so I know it's a goal to be attained. Head up the stairs to the top, but don't expose yourself to the hall. The Balla your presence initially spooked will run to the end of the hall and make his way back. When he gets near you, spray him. Walk into the hall just a bit and spray the Balla that pops out in a manner that will hit him, then the guy you already did, then him once more just to make sure. Turn the corner and stay in the center. The moment you see the Vago pop out, hold Sprint and Jump and immediately upon landing, deploy spray. You will likely take a round or two, but nothing compared to the alternative. Quickly enter the room, arming your molotov. Be sure to enter the room enough so the swinging doors close behind you. But don't get comfy as the Vago will soon be coming in after you. Toss your molotov a bit to your left, but not quite at full charge. You're essentially aiming for just to the right of the center pillar. Your placement of the molotov can have dramatic impact on what follows. So try to learn to get it right under pressure.

Part 3 - 1st floor (2nd part). From here, we're going to be making an almost continuous motion, circling 3/4's of the room in a clockwise fashion. To start, head left and hug the wall all the way to the corner. The purpose of this is to time your charge with what's happening in the room to keep you as safe as possible. You'll know if it worked by time you get to the 3rd pillar-ish. But before that, while following the length of the wall towards the back, arm your sawnoff. Once the SWATvan crashes through, hit it 4 times with the sawnoff. Try to aim at the back as towards the front, you actually risk headshotting a SWAT. Since I have ONCE done this floor at 5 kills, this is not a deal-breaker, but will severely hamper your likelihood of surviving this with only 6 kills. As you're nearing the back corner, arm your spray. Once the SWAT driver gets out, quickly spray him. If the vehicle is not yet on fire, hit him once more. Either way, arm your Uzi and keep following the wall. You're about to pass a door. This door will be opening up, and you want some distance between you and it when it does. As you're moving out from behind the vehicla, start trying to headshot the 2 Ballas surrounding the pillar just to your right. This will allow you to continue your wall hug safely as well as using it for cover. Your circling the room can now end. Hide "in front of" the pillar so that it's between you and the door that's about to open up. Shoot another person in the room and see if it opens. Repeat this process until it does, trying to kill the biggest threats to you as you do. If at any point in time you've reached more than +6 kills on this mission, I recommend starting over.

Part 4 - 1st floor (3rd part). When the door opens up, one Balla runs out. You can TRY waiting beside the door; he'll sometime pass you up which will actually save some life. However doing so leaves you exposed to a couple guys above and sometimes he notices you anyways. If you're behind the pillar, distance yourself from it just a bit to provoke him to come around it to find you. Once he's near enough, spray him. Even if it means doing so THROUGH the pillar. Now go around the pillar on its left side and hit the guy with spray once more. Crouch down in a way that you can roll into the room the door openen up. Spray the crouching Balla there and roll next to him. Hit him again and double roll towards the next guy in the room. Spray him across the boxes and again roll, then spray. Feel free to hit the Vago once more as you're passing him and the last Balla once more as you pass him. IF you make it past this part alive (not at all easy), you're pretty much home free. If the Balla up the stairs is facing you, super sprint up the stairs and deploy spray before you're even able to. Otherwise, sneak up the stairs and do the same thing. Once you're through the double doors there, the hardest part of the mission is over.

Part 5 - 2nd floor. Now that you're here, everything on the 1st floor is cleared out. Go back and collect the health at the end of the 1st floor and the armor at the beginning. Head back to the 2nd floor's entrance. This level is a lot simpler than you might guess. Super sprint up the stairs so you can get a head start into the next room. Even though that guy has dual-pistols, head for him. Spraying him isn't necessary. Once into the next room, again hug the wall on your left and circle the room. You're taking fire and cumulatively, it DOES hurt. But you'll live, so try to grin and bear it. Super sprint up the stairs at the far end to get a head start onto the upper deck. Tap spray to hit the guy in the middle of the upper level. After that, you can simply continue to hug the wall in a clockwise direction, moving away only to avoid the barrels at the end. Once through TWO sets of double doors, you're on the 3rd floor. You can now go back to health and armor up like before BUT do it in sneak mode. There's going to be one chemist left behind. He'll stand still as long as you don't provoke him. Which includes not alerting him to your presence. Just be patient and you'll do fine. You'll need to keep as much health and armor as possible. NOT for the 3rd floor surprisingly enough, but so that you can start the battle with Big Smoke as strong as possible.

Part 6 - 3rd floor. Surprisingly enough, this is another mad dash scenario. But with some things you'll need to do. Which is amazing considering everybody up here is a dual-wielder. Again, super sprint up the stairs with a micro-SMG of your choice armed. You should be most of the way through the double doors before the sprinting wears off. You'll be between a dual-wielding Vago and Balla, but ignore them. Your target is just inside the next doors: the Vago in front of the bar. He has a shotgun. As soon as you can, shoot him. Don't kill him, just shoot him while running past him. This will disrupt his animation and spare you his shotgun blast. Especially if while you keep moving you manuever around the pillar on its right side. Through the next double doors, head left, using the pillar there for cover. Through the next double doors, you'll see people scatter. We're going to be making the most of this time by keeping moving. Once around the bend, hit the Balla closest to you on your right side. He too is a shotgun wielder that you need to interrupt for a second. Keep to the left of this hallway. At the end of it is a Balla on the right (pillar) and a Triad on the left that are both shotgun wielders. If you've kept moving in a forward direction, the Balla has no prayer at hitting you as the pillar is between you. The Triad will however need to be interrupted. Twice if you can. Be sure to run around him. If you get caught next to him, he'll hurt you bad. Through the doors behind him though, you are safe. You're going to start the battle with Big Smoke with whatever health/armor you have right now. I suggest arming the dual sawnoffs before proceeding but that's up to you.

Part 7 - Big Smoke's lair. Big Smoke is tough, but not very offensive. Surprisingly enough neither are any of his 4 dual-wielding bodyguards. There's an armor in the cubby downstairs and two healths in the cubby upstairs. Do not worry about how much health/armor you end the mission with, just make sure to stay alive. Only grab the pickups when you need to as they have to last. The object here is to keep moving. Don't get cornered by his bodyguards and don't get too close to them or they actually will start to do some damage. Easy enough to pull off as the stairway, the bar, and the trampoline(?) provide tons of cover. If you don't stay put for too long, his buddies will spend more time positioning themselves than trying to shoot you. You can super sprint up and down the stairs so don't be afraid to. Just be sure not to kill any of them. You probably won't need night vision either, since Smoke has a red marker. All you have to do is wait until you get a clean shot and unload 4 sawnoff rounds. His head is his weakest point, but with the sawnoff, body shots hurt too. Up to you. Refill your meters as necessary.

Passing Big Smoke's lair doesn't count as killing him. It DOES however mark the end of this mission. So your next task is actually to die without killing anybody else.. Once you respawn, save ASAP to help reduce the risk of catching an unearned riot mode heli crash kill.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2006 - 08:17 PM Edited by balatro, 18 August 2007 - 04:06 AM.

Update for "Just Business":

In the indoor scene, as Demarest pointed out, there is one guy that Smoke initially targets. Unfortunately, Smoke can't hit him. Demarest's suggestion was to kill the guy quickly to allow Smoke to proceed, but this costs you a kill.

Well, there's a way to kill that guy without it counting on your stats. There's a bit of luck involved, but here's the basic idea: Smoke can't hit the guy because he's ducked down behind cover, so you'll have to "convince" him to stand up. All you need to accomplish this is your trusty spray can.

1) Switch your weapon to the spray can. Note that CJ will decide to stand straight up as soon as you switch over to the spray can, so you may want to duck back down ASAP to avoid damage.
2) Sneak over behind Smoke and flank the target. He'll be too busy dealing with Smoke to care about you.
3) When in range, give him a very SHORT BURST of spray. Be careful, he's a one-hit, one-kill guy like the other guy that Demarest labeled as "Never shoot him", so he can't take too much spray before keeling over.
4) If you do this right, he'll stand straight up to cough, only to be quickly killed by either Smoke or friendly fire from the other guys trying to hit you. If he survives long enough to duck back down, reload -- he won't be able to take another dose of spray.

If you think that this might work for the guy in the outdoor scene, don't bother. I've sprayed that guy and caused him to stumble almost right in front of Smoke, yet Smoke can't seem to hit him at all. I suspect that the outdoor guy is immune to non-player.

Theoretically, this means that the minimal kill for this mission should now be 8 instead of 9. However, I haven't been able to pull this off yet. I always seem to rack up more than the 7 minimal necessary kills during the bike chase part of the mission, and I take care not to hit anyone else other than the bad guys on the bikes -- I don't even shoot at the cars. I have no idea where I am picking up the extra kills.

- balatro

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:51 PM Edited by balatro, 18 August 2007 - 04:06 AM.

GRAY IMPORTS - Minimal kill Tutorial (0 kills)

The objective here is to take out a Russian arms dealer, who is meeting with some Ballas for a weapons deal. However, the arms dealer is holed up in a small room on the top floor of a warehouse. The warehouse itself is heavily guarded by guards armed with pistols (including a few dual-wielders) and SMGs. You've got your work cut out for you! Before taking on this mission, it is strongly recommended that you've collected all tags, and finished the Burglary, Paramedic and Vigilante missions.

Start off by going to Grove Street and recruiting 3 homies. Give preference to those with Desert Eagles, but if that takes too long, feel free to grab any SMG guys as well. Once you have your posse, grab any 4 door car, make sure everyone is aboard, then drive to the marker on the map via the Flood Control channels. After the cutscene, we are ready to begin the main part of the mission!

The main part of the mission consists of 3 distinct stages: 1) Outside the Warehouse, 2) Storming the Warehouse, 3) The Chase Sequence. We will take a look at each stage in turn.

1) Outside the Warehouse

Despite the heavy firepower available to the enemy, you're actually quite safe. Simply drive straight into the compound and let them start shooting at you. Your homies should make short work of the enemy. Keep moving, though, since the enemy guards will try to jack you from your car, and you don't want that to happen.

The only major problem here is the two forklifts. One of them is carrying explosive barrels, so a lucky shot can ignite the barrels and instantly blow up the forklift. Anyone caught in the blast radius (including obviously the driver of the forklift) is killed, and all those kills will be attributed to you!

The solution here is to lure the forklifts out of the combat zone. Make sure that they are heading towards you, then flee quickly back into the Flood Control channel. Get out of your car, and tell your homies to stay put. Eventually, both forklifts will come at you and try to ram you. Sidestep the slow moving vehicles, and pull the riders out of the forklift. Then watch and laugh as your homies waste them with a barrage of Desert Eagle shots while they try to kill you with a pitiful pistol.

Once all outdoor guards and the forklifts are taken care of, you're ready to storm the warehouse. If your vehicle is still intact, drive it around back and use it to block the rear staircase. If needed, damage it enough so that it is spewing black smoke. This step is optional, however, so if you don't have your vehicle, or you can't be bothered, feel free to skip this step.

There are two armor pickups here: one near the main entrance to the Warehouse, plainly visible on top of a cargo container, and the other in one of the many train cars in the warehouse south of the main warehouse. Pick one of them up if necessary.

2) Storming the Warehouse

Shoot the keypad to open the main roll-up door to the warehouse. Trigger the guys inside to shoot at you, then hide and watch your homies take care of them (or not -- it doesn't matter. See the next paragraph). The objective here is to let your homies take out as many of the indoor guards as possible before they themselves are killed. Actually, your homies are pretty darn effective in there, so don't be surprised if they are still alive by the time everyone inside is toast. There is one health and two armor pickup indoors if you should need them.

But here's the real secret to this part of the mission: even if your homies are totally useless, and get themselves killed right at the very beginning, all is not lost. Simply run straight to the end. Yes, you read that right: just run! For the amount of firepower they have in there, your enemies are pretty cautious shooters, and there are lots of natural barriers to boot. You won't take much damage as you rush the small upstairs room where the Russian Arms Dealer is holed up. So the basic strategy is to let your homies take out whoever they can, then rush to the small upstairs room. This will prompt the Russian Arms Dealer to run out the back door in an attempt to escape, initiating part 3. Don't forget to grab the body armor in this room before heading out for the chase.

3) The Chase Sequence

The Russian Arms Dealer will run down the back stairs, attempt to get to his Banshee, and drive away. You have to prevent this from happening. However, there are some difficulties here: 1) A new set of outdoor guards are waiting for you and 2) The dealer himself is very heavily armored. However, if you had blocked off the staircase with your car earlier, then you can use this to your advantage. Super sprint past the dealer down the staircase, and jump in front of the blocking car. The outdoor guards will shoot at you, but they aren't terribly good shots. They will hit the car behind you, and hopefully set it on fire. The dealer will be stuck at the car, and will take a good deal of damage when it blows up.

Yes, that's right: a "good deal of damage", not "dead" -- unless you whittled down his health a bit before he got stuck at the car. So don't stop to admire your handiwork. Run quickly over to the dealer's Banshee that will have magically spawned near the warehouse entrance, and jack it. You should have no trouble doing this because the dealer takes the long way around to get to his car, plus he does not super sprint (maybe his impressive body armor is too heavy?).

Drive the Banshee away into the Flood Control Channel, and the dealer is stuck without a ride. Damage the Banshee until it is almost ready to go up in flames. The dealer will try to run away on foot. Once he's outside the warehouse compound, and out of the relative safety provided by his outdoor guards, knock him over with the Banshee (make sure you don't run into him too hard, or else you kill him), and get the Banshee to go up in flames while parked on top of the dealer. That should be sufficient to kill him, if he took one explosion earlier at the back stairs. If not, leave the Banshee parked on top of the dealer, jack a second car, and get the second car to explode next to the Banshee. This will blow up the Banshee, and combined force of the two explosions should kill the dealer.

Good luck!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (balatro @ Oct 16 2006, 16:17)
Well, there's a way to kill that guy without it counting on your stats. There's a bit of luck involved, but here's the basic idea: Smoke can't hit the guy because he's ducked down behind cover, so you'll have to "convince" him to stand up. All you need to accomplish this is your trusty spray can.

Wow. I could've sworn I had tried exactly that. Good work. For what it's worth, somebody else had posted that the guy outside can be killed by Smoke. Combining your two guys' strategies should mean that Just Business would only cost a play the 7 unavoidable kills from the chase.

Nice work on Gray Imports too. Despite using GSF heavily throughout the game, I never thought to here. That said, I still did it 0 kills without having completed Vigilante or Paramedic.

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 07:24 AM Edited by imut_knight, 30 October 2006 - 07:26 AM.

The Meat Business - Minimal kill Tutorial (17 kills or even better!)

Up date for the meat business! Ive been able to get it down to 17 kills. There is a moving object in the meat factory that can kill the Sidaccos. The rotating meat! Here the explanation (with my limited English notify.gif ):

I separate this mission into 5 area: the first/office area; the first hall, area between halls, the second hall, and the exit room.

I. As soon as the cut scene ends, kills the 4 guys that coming after CJ and Ken. Then kill the guy inside the ‘meat machine’ with sniper rifle. Then move to the first hall to provoke 1 guy to follow you, get back ASAP and kill him. Then go to the freezer, Ken will follow you to the freezer, but make sure you wait near the door to kill the 2 person that try to freeze Ken immediately. Now after this, Ken will be safe inside the unlock freezer.

II. So far you already killed 7 guys, leaving 8 unmobile guys: 6 on the first hall and 2 between first hall and second hall (in fact, 1 of the 2 guys between the halls (the left one) already in a position that will die hit by the rotating meat!). So you need to “push” only 7 guys to the right position. When you finished them, Ken will move out from the freezer.

III. Once you enter the area between halls, 3 person will coming after you, kill them.

IV. Now in the second hall there are 5 unmobile person: 2 on the right, 2 on the left, and 1 inside the meat machine. Kill the person inside the meat machine, and leave the other 4 guys at this moment.

V. Now move to the exit room, there are 5 person in this room, 2 mobile person on the alley, and 3 unmobile on the boxes. Position yourself in such an angle so the persons on the boxes can not shoot you, and kill the 2 mobile persons. So there are 7 unmobile person left, 4 on the second hall, and 3 on the boxes. Push them to the right position one by one.

So far Ive been able to move 7 out of 8 unmobile person (on the first hall and area between halls) to the right position (the other 1 die because of overdose biggrin.gif ), 4 out of 4 person on the second hall, and 1 out of 3 person on the boxes, so my body count for this mission is 17. I think someone can achieve with 14 kills or even better.

Just remember this fact:
1. better use fire ex on this mission than spray can, since it has better distance, and also can affect through boxes.
2. the more you play, you will know that the interior/wall, boxes and the meat machine it self will be a good shield from the other guys.
3. also remember the fact that after you spray any person, he will coughing and back off against you. If you move during that, he also moves his direction. So you can ‘guide’ him to the right position.
4. use the health and amour pickup wisely! Ive not doing vigilante mission yet, so if you have, you might be able to get better smile.gif .
5. it might take 1-10 hit by the meat to kill them, depend on their health after you spraying them, just hide and wait, do one person at a time. You will hear the bone cracking sound biggrin.gif .
6. I only explained 27 person on this tutorial, because I forget the others 2 position confused.gif , but its definately there are at least 15 'unmobile' persons that can be killed by the rotating meat.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (imut_knight @ Oct 30 2006, 03:24)
As soon as the cut scene ends, kills the 4 guys that coming after CJ and Ken... Then move to the first hall to provoke 1 guy to follow you, get back ASAP and kill him. Then go to the freezer, Ken will follow you to the freezer, but make sure you wait near the door to kill the 2 person that try to freeze Ken immediately.

I'm curious as to why you'd post this part when I've already stated that of the first 2 that come after you, you can trick one into killing the other and that the freezer guys will be killed by Ken. If I'm reading correctly, those tips alone will spare you another 3 kills.

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:05 AM Edited by imut_knight, 31 October 2006 - 08:02 AM.

Provoke them to kill each other will reduce some of your health/armour. You gonna need all of your health/armour to do my methods. Here I put some screnshoot from the meat business:

user posted image

user posted image

You can see that CJ almost lost all of the health before kill the last one. But I think you can combine the two methods, especially if you already done Vigilante mission.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

I think you can combine them too. The one's you don't have to kill won't cost you any life. In the beginning, you can gas the first guy, shoot one of the back guys in the head, spray the second guy and pivot so your mist hits the first one again. Now kill the other back guy and gas the first two guys to the point of being one-hit kill susceptible and wait for one to kill the other. Then finish the other off. Should be no loss of life and one less kill.

You might be right about the other two causing you to lose life. Either way, still very good strategy smile.gif

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:28 PM Edited by balatro, 18 August 2007 - 04:09 AM.

DOBERMAN - Minimal kill Tutorial (3 kills)

Note: This tutorial assumes that you are NOT using a bulletproof vehicle.

The objective here is to kill a traitor to the Grove Street Families. He's holed up in a house in the Glen Park area, under the questionable safety of his new Balla buddies. Sweet thinks that CJ can fly his colours in a big way if he were to take over Glen Park and deal with the traitor.

This is actually a pretty simple gang war disguised as a mission. Unfortunately, as with all gang wars, you need to get out on foot and directly kill 3 enemy gangsters. That's why the minimal kill is 3, and not 0. Fortunately, you don't have to directly kill anyone else.

What you need for this mission is a four-door car, and some sniper ammo. Start the mission, head over to Grove Street, and recruit 3 homies...preferably with SMGs. I find that the homies with the Desert Eagles tend to blow up cars too quickly, costing you unnecessary kills. My own setup is usually two homies with SMGs and one with a Desert Eagle for the quick one hit kill.

Once you have your posse, hop into your four door car, make sure everyone is aboard, and make your way over to Glen Park. Try your best to avoid getting your car damaged -- it'll be taking a bit of punishment during the gang war. Once in Glen Park, get away from the roads as soon as possible and drive into the park itself, as close to the center as possible. Get out of the car, and have your homies hold their positions. Use the sniper rifle to find a group of three of more Ballas, then snipe down three of them in quick succession. Once you get confirmation that the gang war has started, call your homies to you, and then have everyone (including you) get into the car. You get three waves of 4 gangsters each. Keep your car moving, since the Ballas will try to jack it.

Wave 1: 4 gangsters armed with bats. This should be a piece of cake.
Wave 2: 4 gangsters armed with pistols. This should be easy as well.
Wave 3: 4 gangsters armed with Tec-9s. The Tec-9s might get your car to start smoking, but the overwhelming firepower from your homies should make short work of them. Try to get them coming towards you in a single file if possible.

Once all three waves are defeated, you have gained control of the territory. This also flushes out the traitor, who will make a beeline towards your position. This poses a problem for a few reasons.

1) Said traitor is armed with a Tec-9, and is a pretty good shot with it.
2) Said traitor is immune to non-player.
3) For some odd reason, you are no longer in your car, and both your posse and your car has magically disappeared. Instead, you appear at the northwest corner of Glen Park, with the traitor located due East of your position.

The solution here is to quickly find another car to jack (fortunately, there are plenty of those driving around once the gang war is done). Drive into the park, and wait for the traitor to come to you. Then it's a matter of getting the exploding car to kill the traitor for you. You can do this by knocking the traitor over, parking on top of him, then jacking a second car and getting to go on fire. Or you can let the traitor set your car on fire, then get close to him and bail out. Either way, the death of the traitor signals the immediate end to your mission.

If you do this right, the only kills you get are the 3 necessary kills to initiate the gang war. Good luck!

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:36 PM Edited by balatro, 20 April 2007 - 05:10 AM.

Update for "Reuniting the Families":

You can lower the number of kills in this mission from 14 to (in theory) 11. Here's how to shave off the three kills.

1) Inside the motel, don't kill anyone....just sprint straight through everything. There's a lot of luck involved, but about 1 in every 3 tries, you can make it to the very end alive. The SWAT team won't follow you to the last area. By "last area", I mean the area just beyond Sweet's room, if you go straight instead of turning right to talk to Sweet. Once you make it into the last area, you can easily peek around the corner, carefully snip the two SWAT members attacking Sweet, then rush into Sweet's room before anything bad happens. Needless to say, Vigilante and Paramedic missions are a MUST before doing this mission, or else you won't survive. Doing this saves you two kills.

2) In the chase sequence afterwards, you don't need to hit the first cop car. The only cop car you need to hit is the 4th cop car, as mentioned by Demarest. You save yourself one kill this way. However, I still get counted for two because I can't seem to snip the shooter without blowing up the car, so what ends up happening is that I blow up the 4th cop car for my two kills, while leaving the 1st cop car alone (so my best overall score is still 12 kills). Your car will have absolutely no hitpoints left, but you'll make it 3 times out of 4 to the end.

-- balatro

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:00 PM Edited by balatro, 18 August 2007 - 04:10 AM.

LOS SEPULCROS - Minimal kill Tutorial (0 kills)

This is one of the darker missions of the game. In retribution for the Balla drive-by during Beverly Johnson's funeral (first mission of the game), Sweet plans to hit the Ballas during a funeral for one of their own, Little Weasel. In particular, Sweet wants to nail Kane, a Balla OG, and one of the leaders of the Front Yard Ballas. Needless to say, this is easier said than done.

Follow the in-game instructions to recruit two homies and drive carefully to the funeral. At this point, Sweet and your homies will automatically get out of the car and hop over the cemetery walls, and the game will prompt for you to join them. Don't do it yet! Instead, jack another car (you can't use Sweet's car anymore, since the game won't let you move it), and use the exploding car trick to take out everyone near Little Weasel's grave site. Don't worry about the people trying to escape their fate. Apparently, everyone involved is too busy dealing with their grief (or something) to notice a flaming car in their midst. One exploding car should be sufficient to take everyone out, but in case there are survivors, they will remain obligingly in place for you to repeat the same trick again.

Anyway, once you are done, return to Sweet. This will trigger the actual arrival of Kane, and the attack. Now, Sweet and your two homies are apparently immune to non-player, so you don't have to worry about them. Unfortunately, most of the Ballas appear to be immune to non-player as well, and you eventually have to take them all out. So simply hop over the back wall of the cemetery back to the streets, and jack another car. Now, there is another car that will eventually come to evacuate Kane, but if you are quick enough, you should find Kane loitering near the entrance to the cemetery, trying to get at you. Knock him over and park on top of him, then allow enemy fire to set the car on fire and kill Kane, and hopefully any Balla also in blast radius. If there are Ballas left alive after Kane dies, the game will prompt you to take them out. Use the exploding car trick for them too, but make sure you don't do what I did and kill Sweet with an untimely explosion.

After everyone is dead, it's a simple matter of driving back to Grove Street with Sweet and your homies.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users