The San Andreas minimal kill challenge!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 01:45 AM

Any job not listed means I did it with 0 kills.

For Vigilante, I used the Ammunation S by SE of Verdant Meadows to pull off the interior trick. I'm not sure why it was said to be problematic beyond level 5. After level 9 though, I did have to occassionally chase after them to get them to move from where they kept being saved to. Took a few tries to pull off all the way through level 12, but there you go.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:08 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 16 October 2006 - 11:51 PM.

@Demarest.....Since that time Balalto made the policy against the method of that glitch....It is my fault...I suggested it....but that was before it was made illigitimate...check the threads and see people....but the rest of us are out of that option(excluding Demarst and a few others that started early).....I love the Grandfather clause.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. This is a min kill competition. I didn't cheat. My results are 100% valid. There is a command to disallow all interior use and R* didn't use it. Meanwhile, somebody was creative enough to realize that the way the engine renders different "worlds", it leaves the crims with no solid ground to save them and timed right, this will bury them.

I assure you that with all the effort I dumped into any number of missions, there's no shame in using that technique to not only spare some 80 kills, but any kills in the vicinity that would've resulted and/or the fact that you could have a perfect 0 kill run only to f*ck it up on the last one. No thank you.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:43 PM Edited by balatro, 23 October 2006 - 03:47 AM.

@Demarest: I for one don't consider your results invalid, Demarest. It's my fault entirely that I somehow forgot to post the restriction on exploiting the Vigilanted glitch, so you are well within your rights to use it as you deemed fit. I have closed it off for the others, though, so it should be more interesting for them. wink.gif

An update on "Just Business": I think I can do one better than you...basically, I can come away from the indoor shootout with zero kills, though I can't do it consistently. Details to come in the other thead when I have some more time.

In the meanwhile, a question about that same mission: In the outdoor shootout, the one kill you recommended that we make: is that guy immune to non-players? I had Smoke pumping lead into him from almost point-blank range, but he seems to take no damage....

-- balatro

Edit: Just updated the minimal kill competition challenge, so mousy over there if you want some more help. smile.gif Cheers!

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hi all,

Figured that I should give a status update on my challenge. Gives me an excuse to bump this thread at the same time. tounge.gif

Anyway, I've managed to do all the C.R.A.S.H. missions in Los Santos without a single kill. 'Burning Desire' was relatively easy to get a zero kill effort, but 'Gray Imports' was much more challenging. Judging by Demarest's kill list, he managed to pull this off as well, but there was not much discussion on strategy. I'll update the other thread on the strategy needed to get zero kills.

How are the rest of you doing? I know a few of you have said that you guys are doing the challenge, but I haven't heard from you in a while...

Cheers,

-- balatro

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (balatro @ Oct 16 2006, 15:43)
@Demarest: I for one don't consider your results invalid, Demarest. It's my fault entirely that I somehow forgot to post the restriction on exploiting the Vigilanted glitch, so you are well within your rights to use it as you deemed fit. I have closed it off for the others, though, so it should be more interesting for them. wink.gif

Well I tend to do my own thing anyways. As you can see by some of the effort I've put forth, I'm willing to tough it out. But toughing it out and trying to play Vigilante through are two very different things. I don't think something that doesn't involve cheating should be precluded. That's just my opinion. Something that's more widely accepted is that in a COMPETITION, the playing field should be level. So to compete with my numbers, a person should be permitted to do as I did. If you meant to preclude it up front and didn't, that's one thing. I don't think you should change the rules in mid comp. As it is, I fear my blazing through has already discouraged others from participating, even though it's clear my numbers aren't THE best.

Yes, Gray Imports was harder to pull off than Burning Desire. The only high risk part though is the serpentine pathway just inside the factory. I used a Taxi with boosts to get in and let the first couple guys blow themselves up with it. From there, it was more or less just a blitz.

I still need to post my strategy for EOTL2.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:46 AM

Hi Demarest,

Thanks for your comments. Unlike the bullet/explosive/damage/fireproof vehicle thing, I actually did mean to preclude the Vigilante exploit up front. The reason for this is twofold:

1) I consider it an exploit on the same level as Reuniting the Families exploit, in that it can seriously affect gameplay in a way probably not meant by the developers. As it is, doing the minimal kill challenge will make use of more than enough exploits. It's just a way of capping some of the more excessive ones ('excessive' being defined by my admittedly subjective judgement). However, this is a minor point compared to the next point...

2) The Vigilante exploit is not easily employable by everyone. PS2 users, for example, seem to have no problems exploiting this glitch, but XBOX and PC users have a much tougher time for some reason. If I am to allow a glitch, I want it at least make sure that the exploit's effectiveness is not platform dependant.

How I managed to mess this up is beyond me. So when I was reminded of the Vigilante exploit, I tried to quickly correct that oversight.

Having said that, I do see your point. So, I'll modify it to make it an optional restriction. This way, players doing the challenge have a choice. I hope this will leave everyone happy.

-- balatro

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:49 AM Edited by imut_knight, 31 October 2006 - 08:05 AM.

QUOTE (balatro @ Oct 17 2006, 02:43)
In the meanwhile, a question about that same mission:  In the outdoor shootout, the one kill you recommended that we make: is that guy immune to non-players?  I had Smoke pumping lead into him from almost point-blank range, but he seems to take no damage....

Yes that guy is immune to non-player, but here some screenshot where you can waste him without killing him directly, although it is ramdom confused.gif

user posted image

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:13 PM Edited by balatro, 03 November 2006 - 02:22 PM.

@imut_knight

Yes, I already figured this out after I read your earlier post. In the hints section, on how to beat this mention, I also mentioned your tip. Thanks again. smile.gif Also, what's your current score? smile.gif

Just a quick update:

I have done everything up to "Los Sepulcros" mission (that's the only mission open to me right now), so I'm almost out of Los Santos. My kill count is 101. From my last count of 89 kills:

- 1 more kill when I rammed into a police car and it my car into (ironically) a cop on foot patrol. It took a while for me to escape the heat, and then I forgot about it, and saved. Oh well. Given my time limitation and what I had accomplished since the last save, I would probably have saved it even if I hadn't forgotten. (90)
- 8 more kills for the mission "Just Business" (Yes, I know it could be 7, but I just don't have the time, so what's done is done.) (98)
- 3 more kills for "Doberman". These are required kills to start the gang war in the Glen Park region. However, I was able to pull this off without using bulletproof car, and since there is no walkthrough for this one, I'll be posting one shortly when I have some time. (101)

-- balatro

Update: Just finished Los Sepulcros and Uniting the Families, so I'm just one mission short before turning Los Santos into much more hostile territory. Got 0 kills for Los Sepulcros (tricky, but not too difficult), and only 12 kills for Uniting the Families -- which is 2 short of Demarest's posted 14! wow.gif In theory this could be lowered to 11 -- but I'll update the other thread with the details when I have some time. So my total kill count now sits at 113. smile.gif

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:25 AM

Time for another bump/update:

I'm out of Los Santos and well into the Flint County/Whetstone set of missions now, having completed up to two of Psychobi--er, Catalina's missions. I still have Small Town Bank and the Against All Odds missions to go through. I'm quite at a lost on how to do these last two without casualties -- I'm suspecting that it's impossible for Small Town Bank, and that luck plays a huge role in Against All Odds.

I've also done what trucking missions that I can, as well as all three of the Chiliad Challenge Bicycle Races. My kill count still sits at 113. I'll update the help thread when I can.

@the rest of you: any updates? Or tosses of towels in the ring? tounge.gif

-- balatro

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

Heres my bodycount:

7 Just business - 7
3 Doberman - 10
12 Reuniting the family - 22
1 Small town bank - 23
1 Are you going to SF - 24
6 Pier 69 - 30
2 Supply line - 32
1 Toreno last flight - 33
2 The Da Nang Tang - 35
20 The Meat Business - 55
5 Freefall - 60
7 Saint Mark Bristo - 67
1 A home in the hills - 68
3 Home coming - 71
6 Grove for life - 77
42 14 teritories - 119
1 Pimping - 120
1 Gym LS - 121
1 Gym LV - 122

Still leaving 5 missions:
-End of the line 1&2
-Breaking the bank at Caligula
-Blood Bowl
-Vigilante (im using PC)

Mixolydian
  • Mixolydian

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:07 AM Edited by Mixolydian, 15 January 2007 - 07:47 PM.

This is a really cool idea. I'm going to have to try it and see what I can figure out.

Edit: Ok, now I'm mad. I figured I'd better get my Maximum Health up, so I did the Paramedic mission very carefully and got my health upgrade. Life is good.

The health bonus leaves the health bar lacking, so I went to eat before saving. I stopped at the gas station by the night club in Los Santos and filled up at the SPrunk machine. Life is good.

Just as I was finishing up my last drink, some idiot in a Perenial drove off the road and crashed into my car. Then they backed up, and headed straight into the gar pumps....big explosion....1 wanted star for me....most of my health gone....and 2 kills on my record. Now I have to do the Paramedic mission all over again. #*&%#*&%#*&^%#*^%#*&%#!!!!!!!!!!!!

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2007 - 01:40 AM

Hi all,

Sorry for not posting here for so long. I haven't been able to get any time to play recently due to work. But since I'm about to be laid off, I should be able to find more time soon. tounge.gif

Anyway, I've just finished another of Catalina's mission, "Against All Odds". Takes some luck, but the minimal number of kills I got was 1. However, both Demarest and imut_knight were apparently able to get zero kills for this mission. I'm at a lost at how to do this, since the satchel charges always seem to take out the cashier girl that's closest to the safe room. Anyhow, my body count now stands at 114.

Looking ahead, I cringe at the thought of going through "Small Town Bank". The record here is apparently 1 kill (set by Demarest and matched by imut_knight). At first glance, I don't see how that's possible, with me having to run down the gauntlet of cops in the alleyway. Then again, I haven't tried out the mission yet, so maybe I'm getting worried about nothing. I guess I will have to see. smile.gif

-- balatro

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (balatro @ Feb 20 2007, 08:40)
However, both Demarest and imut_knight were apparently able to get zero kills for this mission.

The cashier is just about luck. No doubt that the explotion will always kill the cashier, but by some odd (i think about 1:10), you wont get the credit smile.gif And put the satchel on the right side of the door (about 1 metre in-game distance happy.gif )

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:12 PM Edited by balatro, 23 February 2007 - 08:45 PM.

QUOTE (imut_knight @ Feb 21 2007, 02:43)
QUOTE (balatro @ Feb 20 2007, 08:40)
However, both Demarest and imut_knight were apparently able to get zero kills for this mission.

The cashier is just about luck. No doubt that the explotion will always kill the cashier, but by some odd (i think about 1:10), you wont get the credit smile.gif And put the satchel on the right side of the door (about 1 metre in-game distance happy.gif )

Actually, I've since redone the mission, and with the help of the fire extinguisher, I've managed to reduce my kill count here to 0. smile.gif I've also quite accidentally discovered why sometimes the kill (actually, 2 kills) is not credited to you. More details to follow shortly in the mission help thread.

At any rate, my body count remains at 113.

-- balatro

Edit: Finished "Small Town Bank" as well, and managed to get only 1 necessary kill. So now my body count is at 114. Details to follow in the help thread as usual.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

Time for yet another bump/update:

I'm out of the countryside and well into San Fierro now, having finished all the missions at the San Fierro garage up to "Photo Opportunity". I've also finished all San Fierro side/asset missions except for the NGR challenge (simply because I forgot about it until I was updating the minimal kill help list). I've managed to snag most of the photo ops as well. My kill count sits at 115, up from 1 from the last time I reported. That 1 kill? From the helicopter I shot down in the mission "Are You Going to San Fierro?"

How about the rest of you? Any updates? News?

Cheers,

-- balatro

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:28 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 10 March 2007 - 06:49 AM.

Sorry for taking so long to answer. I have been focussing on a different save than my Mimiumum Kill Challenge save yet the Minimuim Kills I have are beaten so I may have to back up and refresh anyway.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

Not to worry, HolyGrenadeFrenzy. I'm on vacation in Hong Kong right now, and will be in HK for a while. Needless to say, I won't be playing any San Andreas during this time. wink.gif

I finished the first of Zero's missions (Air Raid), and plan to do Supply Lines when I get back. However, I am a bit puzzled. Demarest's minimal kill count for Supply Lines is 6, which is what I would expect, seeing how you have to use the toy plane to destroy all targets. However, imut_knight lists his minimal count as 2(!). I am puzzled how this can be done, but I guess I'll find out when I return from Hong Kong.

I've also tried the mission Jizzy several times. Relatively easy to kill the wannabe pimp in Hashbury and the two idiots in Foster Valley without adding to your kill count, but the limo carrying the preacher and the whore always flips over on me and explodes, adding to my kill count. What's more, the limo always flip over in the exact same location (in the square with the odd looking sculpture/modern art piece right in the middle of the square), so I'm a bit puzzled how Demarest managed to get the limo flying into the water outside of San Fierro. In my experience, they never make it that far. Maybe I should wait for a bit before I ram into the limo and make it go crazy?

-- balatro

juggalo17
  • juggalo17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:00 PM Edited by juggalo17, 26 March 2007 - 04:10 AM.

well, i just started and i must say, it's alot more frustrating then regular play. so far i did tags, taxi, firetruck, LS gym, LS courier, BMX, all sweet missions up to los sepulcros, all ryder missions, all big smoke up to "just buisness", all OG loc up to "house party", all LS crash with 4 kills(1-LS gym, 3-Doberman). Im currently tesing a theory i have on minimizing kills on the vigilante mission for people with xbox or people who dont wanna use the exploit(like me). I'll update with the results.

update:well, i just finished the paramedic missions, and my muscle finally went back down to 0 after the LS gym, so i can feed my hungry CJ, i also saw my driving skill go up 3 times, so i'm happy:)

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Returned from my vacation and got into the swing of things again. Tried the mission "Jizzy" several times, but I was not able to duplicate Demarest's feat of zero kills. The first few tasks were ok. It's the last chase scene that I cannot beat.

For the last sequence, where you chase the limo, it always wiped itself out against that steel art(?) structure located in the City Hall area (the one with the camera pickup in the middle of it). And the bodyguards in the rancher would always pull up right beside the flipped over limo, get caught in the explosion, and then blow up before the bodyguards can bail. I've tried doing this both with and without setting the limo off in crazy speed mode, and the result is always the same. In fact, if you don't set of the limo, it will repeatedly ram itself against the structure until it either flips over, or blows up (usually, it flips over). And since the occupants of the limo never clear out even when it's upside down and on fire, that adds 3 kills (preacher, prostitute, and the limo driver) to my account. Add to that mix the stupid ranger who always get too close, that's another 2 more kills.

So now my kill count sits at 120. I'm guessing it must be very lucky indeed if the limo does not wipe itself out against the steel structure. I wonder how many times it took Demarest and imut_knight to replay this mission until the limo got lucky!

@juggalo17: glad to see we still have new blood trying of this challenge. Feel free to share the results on your investigation on Vigilante. Don't be a stranger. smile.gif

-- balatro

juggalo17
  • juggalo17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (balatro @ Mar 26 2007, 20:00)
@juggalo17: glad to see we still have new blood trying of this challenge. Feel free to share the results on your investigation on Vigilante. Don't be a stranger. smile.gif

-- balatro

I'd be happy to share my thoughts on the vigilante missions, although to be honest, my theory is looking less practical than before. Ok, so to start, you need all the LS homes with garages(4 i think), and as many police cars as you can fit in them(2 police cars and maybe 1 police bike in most). I chose to bring 1 homie with an smg, and 2 homies with pistols. This might not sound like an all-star team, but 3 desert eagles, and even 3 smgs is too much fire power. You can start the mission from wherever you want, but re-start until you get a criminal in the ocean docks(so you at least have a chance at pushing him/her into the water). The first couple of levels you'll probably have to get kills, unless your lucky enough to drown the criminal(s), since you probably wont get shot at in order to have you homies shoot back. The reason i think 1 smg and 2 pistols is good is because you dont want your homies blowing up the car until the criminals get out of the car. If your car starts to smoke, go to the nearest garage and switch cars. If you let the car catch on fire, you can kiss your homies goodbye. I'd try to stay just at the edge of your homies shooting range(the smg has more range than the pistol, btw) so you minimize your chance of being shot, also try to use other cars as shields. I realized after a few levels that this alot more about luck than i originaly thought.
This is by no means a sure fire way to beat this mission, it is simply a way to help beat the mission. I'm still testing this and other ways to complete this mission with as many kills "under par" as possible, par being 78 kills. Any advice on how to better this system would be greatly appreciated. I'll continue to update with the results of this and any other expreiments i'm sure to try.

tomart
  • tomart

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:45 AM Edited by tomart, 27 March 2007 - 01:56 AM.

Just some thoughts about your challenge:

You're right, the huge bodycount of regular play should make the whole state's law enforcement after you; a few bribe stars or saving is too easy a way to restore normality. But to go to the other extreme, meticulous planning for each mission, to prevent any deaths? Like enemy gang members? - man, this is the ghetto! As one of the police dispatchers says over the radio, "Relax. People die every day."

I do my best not to kill pedestrians, but when they jump INTO my path, then that's an accident! mercie_blink.gif I should abort my mission and start over? Fill out accident reports, apologize to the next of kin, go to court?

As jugg says, there's a lot of luck involved.

And what about the people who start shooting at me? Popping my tires? Running me over? I should never shoot back?

I'm just finishing the main story line for the first time, so i'm not looking for that extra challenge yet.
Have fun!

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (balatro @ Mar 27 2007, 03:00)
...where you chase the limo, it always wiped itself out against that steel art(?) structure...

Dont chase the limo before it pass the Steel Art. Just follow it from distance. Before chasing the limo (while the limo is travelling at normal speed), try to change your Broadway with fast car from the street, either drive one or parked one.
Once the limo pass the Steel Art, you can start chasing. The point is to "push" the limo into the water around the bridge, instead of blown it. Play several times so youll notice the route taken by the limo and the limo driver behavior. Once they drowned, get back to the Broadway.
At least thats all i remember about this mission smile.gif

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (imut_knight @ Mar 26 2007, 23:16)

QUOTE (balatro @ Mar 27 2007, 03:00)
...where you chase the limo, it always wiped itself out against that steel art(?) structure...

Dont chase the limo before it pass the Steel Art. Just follow it from distance. Before chasing the limo (while the limo is travelling at normal speed), try to change your Broadway with fast car from the street, either drive one or parked one.
Once the limo pass the Steel Art, you can start chasing. The point is to "push" the limo into the water around the bridge, instead of blown it. Play several times so youll notice the route taken by the limo and the limo driver behavior. Once they drowned, get back to the Broadway.
At least thats all i remember about this mission smile.gif

Actually, I did try exactly that. The THREE times I did that, the stupid limo keeps on ramming itself against the Steel Art, until it gets impatient, speeds up, tries to go through the steel art again, and promptly flips itself over. suicidal.gif

So I'm guessing that you would have to be very lucky for it to survive the Steel Art.

@tomart: I understand your point. But San Andreas has never been pretty grounded in reality to start with at any rate. tounge2.gif I simply figured that for people who like challenges (and frustrations), the minimal kill challenge is there for them. I'll be the first to admit that it's most likely not everyone's cup of tea -- for one thing, you'll need quite a lot of patience, and time is a precious commodity. But it's challenges like this and the Chain-Game that extends the life of this game -- hopefully until GTA IV comes out!

-- balatro

juggalo17
  • juggalo17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:22 PM Edited by juggalo17, 28 March 2007 - 08:14 PM.

well, it's been a good day for me. I played up to the green saber and i only have 24 kills. I'm just wrapping up my buisness in LS before i do it.
Update: I've got 1 cataline mission left(small town bank), finished trucker missions up to level 7, and wu zi mu, still 24 kills. Something that seemed to be overlooked in this challenge was tear gas, it helped out alot when i've got people that need to be killed, but i'm not the one who's gonna kill them. For example, when you need your homies to kill someone, throw some tear gas at them so the homies can shoot them without being shot, just make sure the tear gas dosent kill them.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:37 AM

Well, time for yet another update:

I have finished Driving School (and gotten all GOLD to boot biggrin.gif ), all of Zero's missions, all Syndicate missions up to "Mike Toreno", and all of Woozie's missions up to "Lure".

But now, my kill count is now up to 132 from 120 sad.gif . Here's how it breaks down:

1 -- I'm guessing it's from an unlucky soul I ran over during "City Slicking", the last Driving School test. It's the only place I can account for it. My speakers died recently, so I don't have sound anymore. Which is a bad thing for this challenge, since it's possible, without the audible scream and crunch sounds from dying peds, for you to inadverdently run over someone and not even know it. I usually catch this sort of thing, but I guess I got careless in this case.

7 -- The mission "Mountain Cloud Boys". I just can't seem to save Woozie AND keep myself alive at the same time no matter how hard I try -- this is during the main shooting sequence after the two motorcycles, of course. So I simply gave up here trying to match the zero kills and bit the bullet. At least I was still able to maintain zero kills before and after the main shooting sequence.

4 -- Zero's mission "Supply Line". But see my comments to imut_knight below.

@imut_knight: I'm quite puzzled by my performance in this mission. I can kill the bicycle guy without the kill counting against me, and the two kills on the guys on the motobike always counts against me. However, the vans seem to be a "hit and miss" proposition. Sometimes, the two kills on the vans are counted against you. Sometimes, they're not counted against you. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they sometimes count and sometimes don't. I see that you best effort here was 2 kills, which I assume come from the motorbike. Did you figure out a way to consistently kill the vans without increasing your kill count, or did you just do this mission over and over until you got only the two kills from the motorcycle?

-- balatro

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:46 PM Edited by imut_knight, 03 April 2007 - 03:47 PM.

@balatro:
As far as I remember, my 2 body counts come from 1 van and 1 motorcycle (the passanger), so try to leave the motorcycle as the last target, and shot the passanger (only) from behind.
If you kill the passanger on the motorcycle as the last one, "Mission Passed" caption will appear immediately without you have to kill the motorcycle driver.
I remember that "Mission Passed" caption shown up, but the motorcycle driver was still alive and run away!
Reading your performance, that you (sometimes) can kill the guys on the vans without credit goes to you, I think it is somehow possible that you can pass this mission with only 1 kill smile.gif

EDIT:
About Mountain Cloud Boys, I personally think this is the mission that will give you most frustration if you want to pass it with 0 kill. Demarest passed this mission with 0 kill by using the car wreck as CJ 'cover' during the gunfight and let Woozie do the lethal shooting. Ive been trying to follow his method but no luck. So after a few days happy.gif playing this mission, i realize some fact:
1. If you leave Woozie on the alley and move too far from the block you will fail the mission
2. If you somehow able to get out of the alley WITH Woozie and move too far from the block WITH Woozie, you will fail the mission (for point 1&2 the game will tell you that Woozie will lose face for running away or something)
3. If you somehow able to get out of the alley WITH Woozie, BUT leave Woozie still on the block, you can go anywhere on SA without failing the mission!!

After you kill the guys that come on 2 motorcycles, sprint, turn left down the stairs. Keep doing this until you can get out of the alley with Woozie alive. At this point, the are 3(?) guys that will chase you, others only wait at their position.
Try to kill these 3 guys with bailing-from-car trick. There are 2 parked cars that can be used: 1 beside the stairs and 1 in front of your safehouse. Both are reachable without failing the mission. After you finished the 3 guys, get in a car with Woozie (remember that car/pick up items will respawn after 6 minutes).
Parked in a place (I prefer near the 6 food stalls near the stairs), in a corner, with such a way that you can leave Woozie trapped in his position. Here's the "picture":
l / /
l / car /
l/ /
l\ / CJ
l \ /
l \/
l

With this position, Woozie can get out of the car, but can not go anywhere. Now deal with the unmobile guys. Remember that the game can only remember 2 last vehicles that you were using, so try to prefend the car that trapped Woozie dissapear.
Now it is up to you how to kill the unmobile guys with you own creative method. I remember kill the sniper on the roof by running to the airport, grab a helicopter, land on the roof above the sniper's roof, shoot the helicopter until black smoke comes out, and push the helicopter to the sniper's roof so it will explode wink.gif (sorry for my english)

EDIT2: The picture is screw up, and it is getting late here yawn.gif , and I dont know how to drawn the picture without have to put image. So for those of you that might want to see the picture, please just "QUOTE" my post to see the proper "picture", verry sorry blush.gif

juggalo17
  • juggalo17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:27 AM

since my last post, i've completed the driving school, NRG, valet, hippie shopper, chiliad challenge, all jizzy missions, and the first zero mission.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (juggalo17 @ Apr 4 2007, 05:27)
since my last post, i've completed the driving school, NRG, valet, hippie shopper, chiliad challenge, all jizzy missions, and the first zero mission.

Cool. How many kills did you rack up for all those missions? I just finished Outrider and the NGR-500 challenge myself without picking up any kills, so my kill count still sits at 132.

@imut_knight: Thanks for your input on "Supply Lines". I've since discovered that the kills in the van does not count if the driver gets out of the van before dying. So in theory, you can actually get it down to the one kill -- the passenger on the motorbike.

In practice, though, this is very heavily reliant on luck. There seems to be no definitive way of making the van drivers bail. For example, the driver of the van southwest of your starting position always seem to stick in the van until the bitter end. At the same time, I could never manage to kill only the passenger on the motorbike without blowing up the entire bike (or having it peel off and my plane run out of fuel trying to keep up). So I've bit the bullet on this one and have stuck with my 4 kills.

-- balatro

juggalo17
  • juggalo17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:07 AM Edited by juggalo17, 07 April 2007 - 12:16 PM.

my kill count is still 29, i cant remember how it breaks down, mission by mission. I drove back to LS and did 8-track also, but forgot to mention it in my previous post. I'm stuck on mountain cloud boys/outrider/supply lines. How the hell do you have 132 kills, even with the 78 from the vigilante I'd still have 107. I've done all the side missions that are unlocked except for vigilante, pimping, and blood bowl, so your just about at the same place I'm at, I'm confused.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users