The San Andreas minimal kill challenge!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
264 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:16 AM

Don't know why this topic's died. But I'd like to hear theories on Vigilante. I'm at a point in the game where I could willfully accept a kill for an everythingproof HPV1000. But I'm not certain that would be of any use. Mostly because I'm uncertain on what would be best for Vigilante. I was thinking maybe 3 homies riding along. When the bad guys shot at me, they leveled the car in a second (all packing DE's). BUT once out of their car, the criminals are immune to nonplayer. I've only ever played Vigilante by Hunter and that's probably too destructive.

What do you guys think/intend to do?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 29 2006, 11:16)
Don't know why this topic's died. But I'd like to hear theories on Vigilante. I'm at a point in the game where I could willfully accept a kill for an everythingproof HPV1000. But I'm not certain that would be of any use. Mostly because I'm uncertain on what would be best for Vigilante. I was thinking maybe 3 homies riding along. When the bad guys shot at me, they leveled the car in a second (all packing DE's). BUT once out of their car, the criminals are immune to nonplayer. I've only ever played Vigilante by Hunter and that's probably too destructive.

What do you guys think/intend to do?

The Hunter is definitely too destructive.....fun but not for minimum kills....HPV1000 strategy( I do this mission with the HPV1000 before completing even the first mission myself for the armor increase right along with all the other vehicles that can be gotten so I can buy garages) HPV 1000 strategy: Ok shoot them from behind yet watch for other cars so the won't catch them on fire if it can be avoided also this is a shoot and ditch out of there strategy to avoid cops anything over 2 stars needs a bribe to avoid kills and if you don't shoot at the targets in front of police much you can avoid alot of difficulty........

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:56 PM Edited by Demarest, 01 October 2006 - 01:28 AM.

Well once the criminals are out of the car, they're immune to nonplayer. Which means if I used the homies approach, I'd have to destroy the car. With 3 homies all packing DE's, you'd be amazed at how quickly this is done. However, unless I'm shot at, they don't get to shoot back. Which also doesn't cover replacing my car as I'm shot more. If it catches fire, the homies won't get out in time to avoid the blast, which will count as my kills. Not to mention that whatever I try, any chain reaction explosion risks being credited to me.

As for the HPV1000, there's other, new risks. For one, you could only have one homie if you so desired. That's not good for executing cars fast enough. You risk falling off, you're easier to apprehend...

When somebody is immune to nonplayer, a close proximity blast will kill them without being credited to you. This is not true if the car caught fire or blew up as a result of you shooting it. Which is why I like to put 4-5 sawnoff shots into a car, then let enemy fire or collision set it on fire. This won't count as you but WILL kill them. I made it to level 4 on one trip using that a few times. Problem is that you have to get out and get a new car to do this. Timer restriction aside, you take fire while you're running about. So now you have to contend with bribes, armor, health, and a pair of timers. It would take me a week of trying straight before I could hope to be both patient and lucky enough at the same time to ride that process out through all 78 criminals.

Speaking of luck, good luck on Blood Ring. That is pure luck. Any explosion gives you at least 2 kills. I was lucky to get out with 0 kills in 10 tries. I had gotten 0 kills earlier on, but as I was exiting the stadium, I saw my screen flash (I've hacked Windshield to notify me of when my kills go up so I don't have to keep checking).

During Jizzy, I had to destroy the limo and was credited for its 3 occupants. That car is immune to nonplayer. Staging a blast nearby might work, but trapping it and such... didn't even bother trying. Maybe I should. I wonder: How certain are you that drowning them credits you with kills? I wonder if it's different if they drive themselves in and not a result of you popping their tires or anything. Because I'm on Mountain Cloud Boys and I can emerge from the alley with 0 kills. It's REALLY not easy. And I just assumed after that, I'd lead my pursuers to the beach. Here's my current body count

1 LS GYM 1
3 DOBERMAN (REQUIRED) 4
9 JUST BUSINESS (7 UNAVOIDABLE) 13
14 REUNITING THE FAMILIES (8 UNAVOIDABLE) 27
1 SMALL TOWN BANK (REQUIRED) 28
1 ARE YOU GOING TO SAN FIERRO? (REQUIRED) 29
4 SUPPLY LINES... (REQUIRED) 33
3 JIZZY (REQUIRED) 36

[EDIT]
Was just able to do Jizzy with 0 kills! Only spent about 6 hours total on that mission alone confused.gif

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

Well, I don't know about the others, but RL work has been wreaking havoc with my GTA: SA play time. I work two jobs (1 full time, 1 supposedly "part-time", but seeing that I pull 35 hours on that one too...), and both have "drop-dead" deadlines approaching.

In the few spare time I have, I've been trying Vigilante with less than 78 kills. I have been having mixed results using the HPV1000 and one homie armed with a SMG riding with me. I don't know if I can pull it off, but I'll keep you guys posted.

-- balatro

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:26 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 02 October 2006 - 04:08 PM.

I am not completely sure on the Crime register.....but the kill for the mission seems absolute to me..........KILLS it says but....I will do the mission over and check the work from the beginning of this thread....it is probrably more acurate...until recently I was more concerned with raising kills instead of lowering them.....makes me wonder if the resterant glitch might be the thing for this mission....Hmmm?........I'll check today....about the drowning too......

Side note......was was the deal with the forum crash?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

Restaurant glitch?

@balatro: Sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. I'm not sure why everybody else has been quiet.

I just unlocked the desert and my body count is now 40. +6 from Pier 69 and +1 from The Da Nang Thang. With the ones in Pier 69 (the guys on the rooftops in the beginning), I ried all kinds of things. Even when there was nobody shooting at the Triads, it would cut to a scene of them all dieing. I think it's a timed thing, and stringently at that. So until somebody proves otherwise, I"m calling those 6 kills required. Same with the 1 from The Da Nang Thang. He's the boss in the belly of the container ship. He must be killed to proceed and being in the belly of a VERY tall ship, I can't think of any way to forge his deat. The samurai at the end though wasn't a big challenge really.

So I just unlocked the desert, have credit for 48.13% completed, and only have 40 kills. I think that's great smile.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

@Demarest ....Yeah, that is great....

The Resturant glitch is one where you can finish the Vigilante without killing the bad guys yourself buy going into a Buger Shot, Chicken or Pizza place and they wait like 30 seconds and go back into your car and back into the shop and back into the car....they kills register and level you without you doing the work but it is hard to stop the game from stealing yoiur vehicle at times angry.gif so it isn't as great when an unpredictable factor causes such an issue.....it is a glitch mentioned on many a forum.....

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:59 PM

Also, to my knowledge, the vigilante restaurant glitch only works on the PS2 (and possibly only for the original PS2 version as well).

Regarding Pier69, is Cesar useless during that part of the mission? I know some people like to jump down from the roof, run across the street, and then enter the "stairs" to warp to the roof next to the Triads and fight it out at close quarters rather than using the sniper rifle. If Cesar follows you perhaps he can take out at least some of them, unless they're immune to nonplayer.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:25 PM

The restaurant thing does work in the PC version but it is very touch and go, if you can get it to let you out of 3 or 4 levels you are doing pretty well but then you'll run out of time trying to get it to work for level 5 and fail anyway.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:58 AM Edited by Demarest, 04 October 2006 - 06:55 AM.

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Oct 3 2006, 16:59)
Regarding Pier69, is Cesar useless during that part of the mission? I know some people like to jump down from the roof, run across the street, and then enter the "stairs" to warp to the roof next to the Triads and fight it out at close quarters rather than using the sniper rifle. If Cesar follows you perhaps he can take out at least some of them, unless they're immune to nonplayer.

They are immune to nonplayer. And yes Cesar is useless. He doesn't follow you until after you get rid of the 6 roof guys. Plus even though he holds a sniper rifle, he doesn't use it. Worst thing is the apparent time limit. It is VERY tight. Plenty of time to snipe them out, but not much else. When you get near the guys, the left half will turn on you. The right half will if you shoot any one of them. So there they are, all 6 unloading on you. Then it plays a scene of the Triad leader dieing. Seems unavoidable. When I checked the code to see why, I couldn't really tell. Not that I stayed with it very long.

[EDIT]
I'm dumb-founded as I look forward to missions like Black Project, Breaking The Bank, and A Home In The Hills. With Breaking The Bank, you can't even bring spray since you're required to take teargas in. Not that teargas seems to work against any misison actors confused.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:50 AM

Vigilante glitch actually works on practically most enterable places not just the restaurant, including your safehouses.

One other thing I can remember in Breaking the Bank, there's at least a couple of occasions in the mission after robbing the vault, where your crew won't move along unless you have to kill the Mafias who are getting in the way.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

I haven't been playing this but have been occasionally following the progress of others, particularly Demarest. Anyway, something happened last night while I was doing the mission Misappropriation as part of Mission Help's Chain Game, and it made me think of the minimal kill challenge. I followed the target to the parking garage, then, while chasing him in a Buffalo, I watched as he hit another car and got trapped, long enough for a ped to grab him and throw him out of the car. He jacked a cab but got caught in traffic. The angry cab driver came after him. You can see the rest of what happened on this video. I don't think this is a method because it would be hard to repeat and peds could easily become victims, but I thought I'd share this here anyway.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for reminding me about the Vigilante exploit. I had intended right from the beginning to not allow people doing this challenge to abuse the Vigilante glitch, but overlooked it for some reason. This has now been rectified. smile.gif Good luck!

-- balatro

spazmo
  • spazmo

Rappers are gettin' wrecked due to lack of respect - Apathy

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:30 AM

What's the easiest way to do Robbing Uncle Sam? I can get to about 4 crates but the "weekend soldiers" kill Ryder.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:22 AM

Well I think that balatro meant for the other thread to be for the sharing of strategies. Though there's been plenty of that here.

MINIMIL KILLS - ROBBING UNCLE SAM - 0 kills

After the cutscene with the Mesa plays, jump onto the ledge to our left. Use the sniper rifle to shoot the controlpad of the BUILDING that the mission is going to take place in. THEN walk past the wall and shoot the keypad controlling the gate to let Ryder in. The soldier at the gate is going to sit this entire mission out. However there are 2 soldiers coming from beside the building. One stays put while the other comes at you. While he is, use your Tec9 to put 3-4 into him to soften him up. Once Ryder's parked, he'll get out and help with the stationary soldier. You can soften him up too if you'd like. Continue down the ledge you're on to lure the soldier that approached you to within Ryder's range and let him finish him off.

Now hop down and approach the bay door. You may be surprised to find two soldiers not moving at all. Conceiveably you can go the entire mission with them staying put right there. Though more often than not, Ryder will randomly become preoccupied with them. For this reason, I suggest softening both of them up just so Ryder doesn't take too long during a time where his focus needs to be elsewhere. Once all of the above is accomplished, THEN enter the building and get to work. As you're loading up, hop off regularly to soften up any soldier that comes out. Load up all the boxes.

Believe it or not, NOW is the hard part: The pursuing Patriots. Get too close and you'll take gunfire. Get too far away and they go nuts trying catch up. Sadly, the Patriot flips easily in their hands. If it does and it blows up, YOU catch some kills and should start over. ONCE, I was able to coax the occupants of one of the Patriots to get out for a street gunfight. Not sure why they did or why they haven't since. Nevertheless, this IS a 0 kill mission, so don't settle for worse than 0. Good luck!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:29 PM Edited by Demarest, 05 October 2006 - 10:15 PM.

Anybody have any ideas on The Meat Business? confused.gif

[EDIT]
Just getting started and it's not looking good. None of the guys are immune to nonplayer. But with the way they behave and such, I can't picture that sparing you from having to kill but a few of them at best. confused.gif

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:19 AM Edited by imut_knight, 06 October 2006 - 03:45 AM.

QUOTE (spazmo @ Oct 5 2006, 11:30)
What's the easiest way to do Robbing Uncle Sam? I can get to about 4 crates but the "weekend soldiers" kill Ryder.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Oct 5 2006, 12:22)
As you're loading up, hop off regularly to soften up any soldier that comes out. Load up all the boxes.

Alternatively, theres a parked Forklift northwest the gate, use it to arrange 6 crates close to the boxville. As long as you don’t drive the forklift inside the ware house, no soldiers will come out. After you arrange the 6 crates, use the original forklift to load them to the boxville. Just concentrate on loading, and Ryder will be ok

@Demarest: thanks to your guide on “Just Business”, now I can make it to only 8 kills!
You don’t have to kill the 2nd person outside the building.
As soon as you get to the gunfight outside the building, sprint south, jump, and keep running. If youre far emough from the gunfight, Smoke health will not decrease (but it is random, maybe because the alternative position between the Russians that shotting at you and Smoke position).
Anyway, just follow the road, turn west on the unity station (near the spawn Sweeper), keep running to the parking lot near the spawn silenced pistol, grab a car, and go back to the gunfight. Park the car near the 2nd person, in no time, it will explode and kill him without credit to you!
Note: 1. make sure Smoke still have apprx 70% of his health on inside building gunfight. 2. sometimes glitch happen after this, youre on the bike with sweet, you can aim tour tec9 anywhere, but the bike are not moving, it is still on the second floor of the parking lot.

For "Reuniting the families, you can pass it with only 12 kills! Just keep running and dont forget to grab the armor inside the building, keep running, and you only have to kill 2 swat in front door of the room where Sweet is! It is difficult, but possible. I think the odd is 1:4. For the rest part of the mission, refer to Demarest guide.

EDIT:
on "Just Bussiness", if you kill the biker by exploding the barrel after the tunnel, the credit will goes to you.
on "Reuniting the family" I think you can make less than 12 kill. On the chase on the bike, MAYBE you can kill only one of the shoter: in car#1 or car#4 (refer to Demarest guide). Or maybe not kill any of those two at all, just shoot the tires to keep their distance. Ive been trying on these methode, but it seem very likely. The best achievement I got so far is the car exploded just after passing the alley near the glen park. If you can make it until the AK jam, it will be fine.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (imut_knight @ Oct 5 2006, 23:19)
@Demarest: thanks to your guide on “Just Business”, now I can make it to only 8 kills!
You don’t have to kill the 2nd person outside the building.

With all that I've learned along the way, I probably would've figured that part out at this point. Sadly, I was still relatively new to trying to be creative there.

As for Reuniting the Families, I have a question. You say run, but you cannot run inside Jefferson. If you could, you could probably get away with just 2 kills inside the building (the ones in front of Sweet that have to be killed). Speaking of which, I wonder in while they're shooting at you, they hit Sweet, I wonder if Sweet would retaliate and kill them for you confused.gif Never thought to try. But yeah, how do you figure?

Now hurry up and get to The Meat Business! In the first part, you can convince that bat guy to kill the chainsaw guy or vice versa. But none of them ever seem to get shot by the people behind them. Haven't figured out why, but I've made them stand still with little blasts of spray as long as they'll live and still no luck. Same can be said about the 2 bat guys just inside (that keep trying to freeze Ken). Haven't really made it past that point, but that's entire compliment minus 2. I've checked the code and every person in that building must die to gain entry back into the outdoors. I THINK the code says there are 29 guys inside. This would mean a required body count of +27 cry.gif

imut_knight
  • imut_knight

ini gue lho

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 03:58 AM

You can still run inside building, but not sprint. Also combination with jump, to make sure youre not blocked, especially with the swat that jump out from the ceiling.

I think they are immune to Sweet. Once Ive manage to the room, hide and crouch on the corner by the bed for 5 minutes, Sweet is still ok, but also still not kill any of those two.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2006 - 06:35 AM Edited by Demarest, 06 October 2006 - 06:49 PM.

You're right. My bad. And now with SA, we have walk, run, sprint, and super sprint confused.gif

Good luck guys on the freight missions. I've tried several times and there's always at least one point a pedestrian's had enough. confused.gif

[EDIT]
I was right about there being 29 guys. I was able to get it down to +26 kills. The 2 melee guys in the beginning can be turned on each other by proximity. Only one dies this way. Then the 2 bat boys later on try to freeze Ken, but join him. Ken defends himself though. Otherwise, it's all you. Before I took that mission, I had all side stuff and all other story missions up to that point done. It was 91.44% with 41 kills. Now it's 67 thanks to that mission sad.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:30 AM Edited by Demarest, 08 October 2006 - 03:34 AM.

Almost done! I wasn't looking forward when the fork in the road was Breaking The Bank and A Home In The Hills. I did Breaking The Bank first, but once I realized the rest of the storyline didn't require it, I backed up in case somebody can come up with a better way.

So right now I'm at 98.4% completed with 87 kills. I think last time I reported, it was 41 kills, as it was for the longest time. Here's what happened since then:

26 THE MEAT BUSINESS (REQUIRED) 67
5 FREEFALL (REQUIRED) 72
3 SAINT MARKS' BISTRO (REQUIRED) 75
3 HOME COMING (REQUIRED) 78
3 BEAT DOWN ON B DUP (REQUIRED) 81
6 GROVE 4 LIFE (REQUIRED) 87

The last 3 there were all the required 3 kills per gang war initiated confused.gif Unavoidable. BUT, I'm thinking maybe there's a way to use that to our advantage. I've checked the code, and you need 35 territories to be able to play End Of The Line. Playing through Grove 4 Life gives you 5 territories. This means the uphill battle of taking over 30 more territories, which is another 90 kills confused.gif I think I'm going to back up to BEFORE Riot To take those territories over now. That way I can recruit even more gang members for Los Desperados (which it's really starting to look unnecessary). Plus it helps make for safer passage through all territories from here to there as well.

That would leave me with Riot, Los Desperados, End Of The Line (1, 2, and 3), and Breaking The Bank. Riot can easily be 0 kills if you take your time. Los Desperados SO FAR gives me no reason to believe it can't be a 0 kill mission. Haven't gone too far, so I don't know if there's any immune to nonplayers. Mr. RPG might require quick silencing. We'll see. My earlier research suggests Breaking The Bank to be a 20 kill mission. All in all, assuming all goes as described, that would leave me with 197 kills entering into EOTL. Obviously, I'd suggest everybody play that in 3 separate segments for minimal risk of unnecessary kill pilings on.

All that said, it should be noticed that once riot mode is triggered, choppers randomly plummet. These deaths count as yours. Which means Los Desperados for example might be so lengthy that it requires kills confused.gif It also means that once that mode is tripped, ALWAYS save immediately after any progress. Any thoughts/feedback/suggestions welcome.

Almost forgot to mention that in gang wars, BP cars are not required, though they do make things a LOT easier. Why aren't they required? Being in ANY car makes your assailants want to pull you out before executing you. Well if you're driving away at a snail's pace, even the furthest from you will pursue you. Let your homie cut them up, making sure not to go too fast. After making this observation, I was caught with my pants down. I was en route with a couple MP5 homies in a non-BP car when I landed right in the center of a gang war I wasn't expecting or ready for. I left without any kills and with my car -1 tire, but that's it smile.gif This doesn't mean avoid capturing BP-vehicles though. I can do Beat Down On B Dup with 3 kills, but I'm guessing that DOES require a BP vehicle to do so.

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:46 AM Edited by pdescobar, 08 October 2006 - 04:05 AM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Oct 7 2006, 23:30)
I've checked the code, and you need 35 territories to be able to play End Of The Line. Playing through Grove 4 Life gives you 5 territories. This means the uphill battle of taking over 30 more territories, which is another 90 kills confused.gif

I think you misinterpreted the code there (probably from a mislabled opcode.) From my recollection, you need 35% of the territories, not a raw number 35; that's "only" 19/53.

EDIT: I've just tested it and opcode 08e2 does return the percentage of territories so it's definitely 35% necessary.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:10 AM

Excellent! Less kills, less time... Thank you for interrupting me before I went too far user posted image

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:54 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 09 October 2006 - 01:02 AM.

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Oct 4 2006, 14:50)
Vigilante glitch actually works on practically most enterable places not just the restaurant, including your safehouses.

Thanx...that helps immensely.....I had no idea it could be used at safe houses and except for the minimum kill statevy I couldn't really care...but I did mention this earlier for the sake of the minimal kill challenge but had no idea that you could use the safe houses the same way...I suppose if you put the vehicle in the garage it will get fixed or at least be there waiting for you.... cool.gif nice....but balatro says this is not an option now.....sad but at the same time it is close enough to cheating to be counted as cheating I guess....I never use it when going for High level mission on vigillante......not fun..too boring.

vint_cool
  • vint_cool

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

I had posted this in the cheats and tricks section - but putting it here once again, just see if this helps(as per holygrenadefrenzy) ! I dont know abt whether this helps in minimizing the killings in this mission or not (as per HerrieM, it doesn't help) !

In the mission vertical bird - after u hijack the plane, just fly very low, i mean keep flying just above the water, then the jets which come to attack u just get destroyed by themselves in no time. Actually for me they got destroyed even before the instructions on how to counterattack them went off from the screen. Then its easy to go and attack the stationary ships.

I've tried this around 4-5 times, and it worked each time, but just be careful not to dip ur plane in the sea - in which case the mission fails.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

I was told I needed to post in here again, so here I am. During Vertical Bird, none of the boats/hydras have people on board. Killing any and all of them will not result in a single kill. Which means that being as stealthy as possible or simply mad-dashing through the mission is more than enough.

I'm currently at 98.4% complete. I have Breaking The Bank and all 3 End Of The Line's remaining. Those who read my walkthroughs know that I'm able to BTB in 20 kills. I'm saving that for last because I can and because I'm hoping somebody figures out a way to NOT have to kill the 17 people while your buddies have the money bags and within the time limit. EOTL is hard to face. Preliminary test runs are showing I'm NOT going to be able to spare many lives, particularly in the 2nd one (evacuation). After working so hard for so long to pull off some truly wicked feats, this is quite demoralizing. Don't know how soon I'll feel like getting to it.

In other news, to those wishing to frontload the gangwars before Riot (which is a good idea for several reasons), don't make the mistake that I did. All the Vagos territories in the SW corner of the picture actually are removed after Los Desperados. I spent a day's time getting all the territories with only 3 kills each. And since I took those over fairly early, most of it was for naught. So when building to 19 territories, don't take any of those over or you will be penalized to the tune of 3 kills per territory. Luckily, I've been keeping saves as backups.

Current stats: 98.4% complete, 129 kills.

user posted image

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

Click me.

Thar she blows, gentlemen. 100% with 161 kills. I was shocked to find the EOTL1 can be done in 6 kills, EOTL2 can be done in 0, and EOTL3 unavoidably adds 6 to your count.

I will post a walkthrough for EOTL2 tomorrow. I'll also probably be wrapping up and releasing Windshield smile.gif

This isn't the end. I've only laid SOME ground work. It's up to the die hard gamers to take what I've done and make it better. So far, I've read that my Just Business can be cut down by 1 and my Reuniting The Families can be cut down by 2. Keep it going! The Meat Business and Breaking The Bank are the ones I think have the easiest chance of not being the best. Here's the final body count. If you're getting anything more than these, you're going about it wrong tounge.gif

1 LS GYM (REQUIRED) 1
3 DOBERMAN (REQUIRED) 4
9 JUST BUSINESS (7 UNAVOIDABLE) 13
14 REUNITING THE FAMILIES (8 UNAVOIDABLE) 27
1 SMALL TOWN BANK (REQUIRED) 28
1 ARE YOU GOING TO SAN FIERRO? (REQUIRED) 29
4 SUPPLY LINES... (REQUIRED) 33
6 PIER 69 (REQUIRED) 39
1 THE DA NANG THANG (REQUIRED) 40
1 LV GYM (REQUIRED) 41
26 THE MEAT BUSINESS (REQUIRED) 67
5 FREEFALL (REQUIRED) 72
3 SAINT MARKS' BISTRO (REQUIRED) 75
3 HOME COMING (REQUIRED) 78
3 BEAT DOWN ON B DUP (REQUIRED) 81
6 GROVE 4 LIFE (REQUIRED) 87
42 TERRITORIES +14(X3; REQUIRED) 129
6 END OF THE LINE 1 (REQUIRED) 135
6 END OF THE LINE 3 (UNAVOIDABLE) 141
20 BREAKING THE BANK AT CALIGULA'S 161

As per usual, major shouts to pdescobar for saving my ass on a few fronts smile.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

Well done Demarest, I've been following what you have been telling me on AIM, and you have done very well, I'm sure it was on hell of a challenge. Well done, I knew you could do it wink.gif.

icon14.gif.

HerrieM
  • HerrieM

Don't Panic

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:34 AM

Nice work Demarest, some of those walkthroughs are very handy. I'm not even close to where you are.
I'll try to get at least one by less.

balatro
  • balatro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

Nice job Demarest. You leave a tough act to follow! I don't know if anyone will match that score.

I have one question, however: how did you do for Vigilante? You make no mention of that in your list. Did you get zero kills for that? If yes, how? My best for Vigilante so far is 81 - 3 over the 78 kills the game expects you to get.

My own score so far is 89:
2 - Car flipped and exploded on highway in Montgomery intersection -- surprised it wasn't higher (2)
1 - Los Santos Gym (3)
2 - I have no idea where I got this from. I'm guessing that another car must have exploded and I missed it. Or a plane crashed. Or something (5)
81 - Vigilante (86)
3 - Pimping - I don't have the time or the patience to make it through a zero trouble run, and have trouble dealing with the bad johns using the exploding car thing. (89)

I've completed all side missions in Los Santos, including all opened "R2" missions. I have also done all of Sweet's missions up to "Sweet's Girl", and all of Ryder's mission except for the last one, "Robbing Uncle Sam". I haven't started on Smoke's missions, though.

If I had more time, I'm guessing that I can do better, especially at Vigilante...but time is a precious commodity for me right now.

- balatro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users