FaF

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Oct 4 2006, 09:34)
Hahaha.
Look above the van's front.

"Z".

Can anyone say "Zaibatsu"?

Did they originaly plan to put Zaibatsu in III?
wow.gif

Maybe they tried to as it was a well known gang in gta2. smile.gif

Or maybe that 'Z' sign doesnt stands for Ziabatsu but some adverertisement sarcasm.gif

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:03 AM

Wow these beta shots must be really early in production. (late '00,early'01)

user posted image

i mean look at that.

Looks like they didn't have plans for the Punk Noodles restaurant back then.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:09 AM

Wow crap, this is bloody early in production, where'd you get it? Yeah, like all the GTA games, things we're planned, removed and some still left in the game. Take San Andreas's Hot Coffee for example, or the workman's trailer in SA, the ghost town in GTA3, etc etc.

tourqeglare
  • tourqeglare

Heart's Mrs.Incredible

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 4 2006, 03:09)
Wow crap, this is bloody early in production, where'd you get it? Yeah, like all the GTA games, things we're planned, removed and some still left in the game. Take San Andreas's Hot Coffee for example, or the workman's trailer in SA, the ghost town in GTA3, etc etc.

workmans trailer?

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (tourqeglare @ Oct 4 2006, 23:04)
QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 4 2006, 03:09)

workmans trailer?

I don't think thats is actual name but it's all I could remember, it's a trailer that couples onto the back of the Utilities Truck.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 05 October 2006 - 12:55 AM

Yes, I know what Zaibatsu was from. wink.gif (GTA2)

Also, look over the Z. There's text. Looks like it spells "Z A I B A T S U" to me. I could be wrong though. smile.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (EmoPat @ Oct 5 2006, 10:55)
Yes, I know what Zaibatsu was from. wink.gif (GTA2)

Also, look over the Z. There's text. Looks like it spells "Z A I B A T S U" to me. I could be wrong though. smile.gif

Yeah, I see that too. You never know, they had a lot of plans that didn't end up in the final game, as they had in VC and SA too. Bit of a bugger really, they had some really cool plans by the looks of it.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:23 AM

Well everyone I just found a hint towards this stuff being 100% true. You know how earlier in the topic there was talk and images about a Blue Cop car's rather then a Black Car's? Well I was needing to check something out on GTA3, so I loaded up my PS2 GTA3 and I noticed something in the introduction movie at the start. When it shows the 2 cop vehicles (a car and a van) there blue. Just like they are in the picture posted earlier. But, on the PC (I have both PS2 and PC versions in case you we're confused) the movie is different, both are actually black. So I'm guessing, yes, the Cop Vehicles we're originally Blue, and when changed, Rockstar forgot to change the movie at the start of the game, they then realized this and changed it for the PC version. Interesting isn't it?

I'll see if I can get some screenshots to prove it to you icon14.gif.

zombieboy
  • zombieboy

The Modern age of Punk age

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Sep 25 2006, 10:53)
dont forget how retarded Claude origionaly looked

user posted image

Damn he looks like a ugly version of elvis presely in the face part

tourqeglare
  • tourqeglare

Heart's Mrs.Incredible

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 4 2006, 22:23)
Well everyone I just found a hint towards this stuff being 100% true. You know how earlier in the topic there was talk and images about a Blue Cop car's rather then a Black Car's? Well I was needing to check something out on GTA3, so I loaded up my PS2 GTA3 and I noticed something in the introduction movie at the start. When it shows the 2 cop vehicles (a car and a van) there blue. Just like they are in the picture posted earlier. But, on the PC (I have both PS2 and PC versions in case you we're confused) the movie is different, both are actually black. So I'm guessing, yes, the Cop Vehicles we're originally Blue, and when changed, Rockstar forgot to change the movie at the start of the game, they then realized this and changed it for the PC version. Interesting isn't it?

I got a best sellers GTAIII (which in the United States
its called the "Greatest Hits" program) and the cop cars
were "pandas" in tthe opening movie too.

I need to get an earlyer GTA III lol dozingoff.gif happy.gif

Im not smighting you, just pointing that out.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (tourqeglare @ Oct 6 2006, 00:00)
QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 4 2006, 22:23)

I got a best sellers GTAIII (which in the United States
its called the "Greatest Hits" program) and the cop cars
were "pandas" in tthe opening movie too.

I need to get an earlyer GTA III lol dozingoff.gif happy.gif

Im not smighting you, just pointing that out.

Right-y-oh, well I've tried it out on mine and my uncles GTA3's, and both have blue police cars. I'm trying to get a shot of it, but it's hard to.

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

Lol R* planned everything wht they had to do in future i think as in GTA I, we see all 3 cities

LIberty city
Vice city
and
San Andreas

cool.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:40 PM

Couldn't you state anything more obvious? Or go anymore off topic?

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (fareed @ Oct 5 2006, 17:16)
Lol R* planned everything wht they had to do in future i think as in GTA I, we see all 3 cities

LIberty city
Vice city
and
San Andreas

cool.gif

Welcome to 2001. I hear it's a nice place?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Direct! @ Oct 5 2006, 18:30)
QUOTE (fareed @ Oct 5 2006, 17:16)

LIberty city
Vice city
and
San Andreas

cool.gif

Welcome to 2001. I hear it's a nice place?

Welcome to 2006, its even better biggrin.gif tounge.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:43 AM

Direct! and Seddo87, you have both been hear for longer than a year (2 years in Direct!'s case) so you should both know better than to be spamming up a topic like this. If you have got nothing to say about the topic, or anything to add that is on-topic, then don't both posting. Thank you.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

I was searching over DMA Design's (Now Rockstar North) old website from before it was removed, and found a few BETA shots, some I haven't seen anywhere else yet.

Where I found them:
Page

Images

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

Im so glad they didnt release it like that. It wouldve sucked ass.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Oct 13 2006, 16:55)
Im so glad they didnt release it like that. It wouldve sucked ass.

Yeah, but then again when you look back, it's basically how game graphics looked back then. Lucky there BETA shots and not final shots I guess tounge.gif.

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 12 2006, 12:43)
Direct! and Seddo87, you have both been hear for longer than a year (2 years in Direct!'s case) so you should both know better than to be spamming up a topic like this. If you have got nothing to say about the topic, or anything to add that is on-topic, then don't both posting. Thank you.

Whatever, just because you have five stars doesn't mean you have to be a mod.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:15 PM Edited by jarjar, 13 October 2006 - 12:17 PM.

QUOTE (Direct! @ Oct 13 2006, 22:07)
QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 12 2006, 12:43)

Whatever, just because you have five stars doesn't mean you have to be a mod.

Five stars has nothing to do with this, and I was not acting like a mod. I was giving you both a friendly warning to stop spamming up the topic with useless posts. If you don't want a friendly warning from a fellow member, then theres always the report button, isn't there? confused.gif

Just chill out and abide by the rules, I was only letting you guys know you we're doing something wrong. There wasn't even a need for you to respond.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:05 PM Edited by lord fido, 16 October 2006 - 10:24 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:44 AM

i wonder what r* had in mind to do to the towns in the mountains north of lc and i wonder why they had left them out, wierd, i wonder what strange things gta4 will have to offer

-.Jilgard.-
  • -.Jilgard.-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (tony-resta @ Dec 2 2006, 11:44)
i wonder what r* had in mind to do to the towns in the mountains north of lc and i wonder why they had left them out, wierd, i wonder what strange things gta4 will have to offer

I've seen parts of that ghost town if some pics posted in these forums and in youtube. Doesn't it look like Wall Street? Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never been to NY yet.

It would have been SO F*CKING COOL to have had Die Hard 3 style missions in that part...

Anyway the black cop cars look a lot better. Those beta pics look like it was planned to be a "Happy World GTA"... We must admit how GTA3 was finally released because it won't change (although if R* decide to "remake" it, which is unlikely to happen I think). But good topic by the way, very enjoyable to see "what if?" things.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:16 PM

Yeah the area in Shore Side Vale with the tunnels most interests me. Compare the city sizes of GTA1 and GTA2 to GTAIII's. They're much larger. Maybe Rockstar had originally planned to make this "Upstate" (As GTA:LCS refers to the area). Then again, it may just be a coverup so people wouldn't think Liberty City is an island, that it's actually attached to a state (As in real life New York).

Anyways here's an even scarier image of the Beta Claude™.
user posted image
Compared to another Beta Claude™.

MMFF
  • MMFF

Double M Double F

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:16 AM

Back in the prime of GTA3, there were a bunch of rumors going around about changes being made to GTA3 because of 9/11. Changes such as:

Darkel: Taken out due to terrorist missions
Clipped Dodo: Wings were clipped so you couldn't recreate 9/11
Cop Car Color: Changed from blue to black so it wouldn't look like NYPD cars
Loss of Limbs: Must be used by a cheat to activate
Character Skins: Change skin cheat would not allow the cab driver

Although there were several reports where Rockstar had said that they didn't change anything due to 9/11. They claimed they liked the idea of rampages better and that was why Darkel was removed. I guess we can't know for sure what the reason was, but it seems like it could go either way.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

MMFF - Thats exactly what this topic has always been about tounge.gif. The changes. We do know for a fact they changed the game due to 9/11. What we don't know, is what everything was they changed.

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:10 AM Edited by Pranjal, 03 December 2006 - 07:15 AM.

QUOTE (MMFF @ Dec 3 2006, 11:46)
Loss of Limbs: Must be used by a cheat to activate

Strange!!! I have also heard about it that it can only be activated by a cheat code.But in my case, loss of limbs is there in the game itself wow.gif
Or maybe that was disabled in some versions.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:38 PM

Same for me. I baught the game a few months ago for 10 dollars and the loss of limbs are very present from the start without any codes. But there is a cheat code to activate it, for some reason.

warthog 15
  • warthog 15

City Scape Game Devloper

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

I've seen parts of that ghost town if some pics posted in these forums and in youtube. Doesn't it look like Wall Street? Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never been to NY yet.

It would have been SO F*CKING COOL to have had Die Hard 3 style missions in that part...

Anyway the black cop cars look a lot better. Those beta pics look like it was planned to be a "Happy World GTA"... We must admit how GTA3 was finally released because it won't change (although if R* decide to "remake" it, which is unlikely to happen I think). But good topic by the way, very enjoyable to see "what if?" things.
Hey guys one of the ladies on the radio right from the first time your in your car after the first mission she says "So I'm setting here reading the Liberty Tree and in nearby Carcer City JUST OVER THE MOUNTAIN police officer Gary Shaw has been cleared of corruption charges let's hope those missing witnessess turn up safe and sound." So why would rockstar put the bank over the hill and put Liberty Bank" on the front

This is very strange!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users