Photo

any beta shots

783 replies to this topic
ECas123
  • ECas123

;-)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:20 AM

ive hered that there were some screenshots of gta3 before 9/11 before they had to tone it down does anyone have any early screens

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

I don't remember ever hearing anything about that. I though GTA3 was released before 9/11 confused.gif . But I could be wrong about that. Either way, I don't know why Rockstar would have needed to ton it down. Plus, they didn't really ton it down much anyway. GTA3 had some of the most violent graphics out of all 3 3D GTA's so far. With the ability to shot of limbs and such.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

The only screenshot I have ever seen depicting changes in wake of 9/11 was this one of the different colours on cop cars -

user posted image

Further information about what else was removed from GTA 3 can be found here.

Sinful
  • Sinful

Still, I show my face up here.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Hey, why are the cars so... Hmm... 'LCS' style in both? I mean, they don't have the gta3's shadows... dozingoff.gif

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Sinful @ Sep 21 2006, 19:39)
Hey, why are the cars so... Hmm... 'LCS' style in both? I mean, they don't have the gta3's shadows... dozingoff.gif

Because those are beta pics. R* was still working on the game, polishing it before the final release. tounge2.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:50 AM

The black and white cars look a look better then the blue ones, the blue ones look to unrealistic. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure why 9/11 would have caused them to change the cars colors confused.gif .

But then again you never know I guess, what sticks out at me most about the article on Wikipedia is this:

As for Grand Theft Auto [III], since the game is so huge the review is no short process. So far we have come across certain small contextual references that we were no longer comfortable with, as well as a couple of very rare gameplay instances that no longer felt appropriate to us. We [apologize] to you and all the people waiting for this game to ship for the delays that have now ensued, but I'm sure you can understand our reasoning.

I wonder what kind of content that, 1 - changed and what the reason was, and 2 - what what kind of things we're cut. Of course it's information no one will ever get, and probably best that way anyway, but it's interesting to think about what may have been cut from our game play experience. I mean, from a gamers perspective, I didn't see anything in any of the GTA games so far that has been offensive or horrifying, so it makes me think, what could have been in GTA3 that was so either, offensive or horrifying or just not seen as very appropriate after 9/11.

There probably LCS Style because LCS was based only a few years earlier tounge.gif . But seriously though, remember that these we're properly renders taken in 3DS Max, not gameplay screens. Most of the image released by Rockstar during the creation of GTA3 we're renders, not gameplay screenshots.

Because those are beta pics. R* was still working on the game, polishing it before the final release. tounge2.gif

No, I don't think your correct there. Read about what we've just been saying about this, the game was delayed and changed just after 9/11, so the game was already finished when the first image was taken of the blue cop cars, where as the cop cars colors we're then changed to black and white before it was finally released. So I'd say the images are just renders or something similar, which is why there shadows are different.

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

Correct me if im wrong but i believe Darkel was removed because of 9/11, Ive read this somewhere (Don't ask me where), Supposedly because his missions were similar to terrorist acts

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Greene @ Sep 24 2006, 09:27)
Correct me if im wrong but i believe Darkel was removed because of 9/11, Ive read this somewhere (Don't ask me where), Supposedly because his missions were similar to terrorist acts

No, thats correct, says that on Wikipedia as well:

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
Another cut is that of Darkel [1][2], an in-game character, for the final version of the game. Mentioned in several early video game publications and websites, Darkel was to be a revolutionary urchin who vowed to bring down the city's economy. One mission involved stealing an ice cream van, using it to attract pedestrians, then blowing it up[16] (this mission would eventually be given by El Burro instead in the final version of game to kill a group of gang members). Darkel was also originally expected to give out Rampage-like missions[17] and even had his voice recorded for this part.[18]; Rockstar later decided that they would like to go back to the original system of giving out rampages as featured in Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2. Although Darkel and his missions were removed indefinitely, the character remains listed in the manual's credits, as well as having a character texture retained in the game's data files.[19]

user posted image

user posted image

They also removed the South Asian Cabby Driver before the final release as well.

Greene
  • Greene

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:07 PM

Maybe thats were i saw it, Can't really remember

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Greene @ Sep 24 2006, 23:07)
Maybe thats were i saw it, Can't really remember

More than likely, because I believe it's the only place that talks about it and has the screenshots. icon14.gif . Well them and Gouranga.com away. Which is where the screenshots are from.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

dont forget how retarded Claude origionaly looked

user posted image
  • SpeedMaster14 likes this

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:56 AM Edited by fareed, 26 September 2006 - 08:02 AM.

lol he looks old and fat but would fit in the story as in the first cutscene we see a news paper in which its written some line 10 years of love which was about claude and we see him in sa also where he meets Catalina so this type of figure of claude as displayed would suit as a person cant remain same even after 10 years biggrin.gif

----------

One more thing: They also removed that mission from pc version due to 9/11 attacks where claud had to crash a full winged dodo(not in pc version but model is present) on a building, the building on which he had to crash can be seen on staunton island and is under construction(the one near our safehouse,its most part is of green colour).

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, and look at his pants, it looks like hes wearing underpants on the outside biggrin.gif

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:07 PM

Maybe at old stage he thought he killed so many alone so y not become a super hero. tounge.gif

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (fareed @ Sep 26 2006, 07:56)
One more thing: They also removed that mission from pc version due to 9/11 attacks where claud had to crash a full winged dodo(not in pc version but model is present) on a building, the building on which he had to crash can be seen on staunton island and is under construction(the one near our safehouse,its most part is of green colour).

Isn't that just one of those rumours that goes around?
I seem to remember someone once posted pre-release/pre 9/11 info on the game and the "clipped-wing" dodo was already in the game. I admit I can't provide a link/source for this.

It makes sense to me that this deleted mission rumour could easily start:

"Hey I heard they changed the game because of 9/11!"
"They did? What did they change?"
"Don't know, but they changed stuff."
"I bet they had a mission where you flew a plane into building just like they did the World Trade Center!"
"Yeah! That would explain why the Dodo is so hard to fly. They changed it so you couldn't re-enact it"
"Yeah, they clipped its wings!"
"And they took out that guy Darkel. He's still mentioned in the credits, you know. I bet he was a terrorist!"...

It just all sounds abit too perfect for my liking. All games get altered right up until release.
I don't know if 9/11 actually did play a part in the changes, but I reckon it was simpler things like making the cop cars look less like their NY counterparts.
It seems unlike R* to then go to the trouble of removing all the collision data (or whatever makes things solid) from the high parts of the buildings after they would have already put it in so you could fly around them. Also - isn't the full-wing dodo still seen flying in the game? (can't actually remember).
And do you mean the Panlantic Construction site? Because I would think that was always designed to be that way. It's a front for the Colombians.

Anyway, there's a lot of early images here:
LINK (scroll down to screenshot links)

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:29 PM Edited by fareed, 26 September 2006 - 03:31 PM.

Okk I just posted what i read few months back in GTAforums and the thing is R* allways make changes in pc version of gta's, take GTAVC for eg.. in ps2 tommy wears blue hawain shirt instead of green and also his pants are lighter in colour then the pc version, so we cant really say that they changed gta3 due to 9/11 but most say that.

But GTA3 looks more clean in Ps2 version biggrin.gif

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:28 PM

I think that people like to think that 9/11 had some impact in the later stages of gta3 development, but I suspect the truth is that R* realized how controversial gta3 was, with all the violence and the possibility to kill cops, so they decided to change some aspects of the game in order to avoid a lot of criticism. I think that this is the reason why they've changed the police cars and disabled Darkel's missions. Have you ever wondered why there are no children in any of the gta games? sly.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

LOL, i have never seen that beta Claude picture before, he just looks so wierd compared to what i have been use to with th original looking Claude.

tourqeglare
  • tourqeglare

Heart's Mrs.Incredible

• Members

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:30 AM

I like how some GTA3 beta shots look like an obscure PC game that no ones ever heard of. biggrin.gif

http://www.gouranga....ta3/gta3_03.jpg
http://www.gouranga....ta3/gta3_07.jpg
http://www.gouranga....ta3/gta3_11.jpg
http://www.gouranga....ta3/gta3_16.jpg

Those for example. lol

Ironically, GTA3 is used for $2.99 at GameStop like
other PC games no one has ever heard of. biggrin.gif

I also notice that in the last pic, the school bus
looks like it came from a Simpsons video game.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:07 AM

Acctually, I've heard the last mission for Darkel before he leaves the US is taking a Dodo and flying it into the Love Media building.

confused.gif

Probably took it out because of 9\11.

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (segvirion @ Sep 26 2006, 23:58)
I think that people like to think that 9/11 had some impact in the later stages of gta3 development, but I suspect the truth is that R* realized how controversial gta3 was, with all the violence and the possibility to kill cops, so they decided to change some aspects of the game in order to avoid a lot of criticism. I think that this is the reason why they've changed the police cars and disabled Darkel's missions. Have you ever wondered why there are no children in any of the gta games? sly.gif

And animals too except birds and fishes, offcourse who would like to shoot a pissing streetdog biggrin.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

School children were going to be featured as of May 2001. I guess they realised how contreversial it would be if they were.
  • SpeedMaster14 likes this

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (fareed @ Sep 26 2006, 15:29)
Okk I just posted what i read few months back in GTAforums and the thing is R* allways make changes in pc version of gta's, take GTAVC for eg.. in ps2 tommy wears blue hawain shirt instead of green and also his pants are lighter in colour then the pc version, so we cant really say that they changed gta3 due to 9/11 but most say that.

But GTA3 looks more clean in Ps2 version biggrin.gif

what? since WHEN did tommas vercetti's outfit change? in your mind? you, my good sir, are talking out of your ass.

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Oct 2 2006, 20:53)
Okk I just posted what i read few months back in GTAforums and  the thing is R* allways make changes in pc version of gta's, take GTAVC for eg.. in ps2 tommy wears blue hawain shirt instead of green and also his pants are lighter in colour then the pc version, so we cant really say that they changed gta3  due to 9/11 but most say that.

But GTA3 looks more clean in Ps2 version  biggrin.gif

what? since WHEN did tommas vercetti's outfit change? in your mind? you, my good sir, are talking out of your ass.

Maybe the difference between beta shots and the final version of Vice City led him to believe that there was a difference between ps2 and pc versions...

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

The only known difference between the release of Vice City on PS2 and PC is (well only for Aussies) the removable of hookers. Apart form that nothing, too my knowledge, was changed.

Also, this is the GTA3 forums, so lets stick to GTA3 discussion aye guys wink.gif .

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Oct 3 2006, 02:23)
Okk I just posted what i read few months back in GTAforums and  the thing is R* allways make changes in pc version of gta's, take GTAVC for eg.. in ps2 tommy wears blue hawain shirt instead of green and also his pants are lighter in colour then the pc version, so we cant really say that they changed gta3  due to 9/11 but most say that.

But GTA3 looks more clean in Ps2 version  biggrin.gif

OK so is this beta screenie moto_whistle.gif

see the colour of clothes

Ps: ah this is last jarjar, just wanted to make clear wink.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (fareed @ Oct 4 2006, 01:17)
Ps: ah this is last jarjar, just wanted to make clear wink.gif

Not a problem, better doing it here then start up a whole new topic for 2 or 3 posts in the VC forums anyway wink.gif .

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:11 AM

check out this beta screen:

user posted image

was the main character origanally Hitler?

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Sly_Madman @ Oct 4 2006, 13:11)
check out this beta screen:

user posted image

was the main character origanally Hitler?

lol, not sure, but he certainly wasn't very realistic, nor was anything there, looks to cartoonish, I guess this was a very very early BETA shot confused.gif .

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:04 AM

Hahaha.
Look above the van's front.

"Z".

Can anyone say "Zaibatsu"?

Did they originaly plan to put Zaibatsu in III?
wow.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users