» «
Photo

Demarest's SA Code Tools

69 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:32 PM Edited by Justin, 14 December 2007 - 07:21 AM.

As with any Code Tools thread, this is a work in progress. Time Vault is not yet finished and is only present in the title for the sake of familiarity. In keeping with providence, the project that will become Time Vault is known as Mission Passers. You can find the specific development topic here. This topic is for release and troubleshooting of the entire Code Tools series... for now.

THE CURRENT SET OF SA CODE TOOLS

HOW TO USE CODE TOOLS - Code Tools only support saves that were made with the original SCM. Once you have saved your game, backup the main.scm in your /data/script/ folder by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Put the main.scm from the associated Code Tool in its place and load your savegame. This CAN be done while SA is running. Once you are finished with the benefits of the Code Tool, save your game, restore your main.scm, and reload the save you just made. Code Tools such as Pillager do not require you to revert back to the original main.scm.

Mission Passers - Any mission it supports can be passed simply by starting it. Currently supports v1 and v2 and is in the process of being developed to ultimately encompass any task in SA that it can. Supported mission list below.*

Pillager v1 - Reveals ingame the location of any tags, horseshoes, or oysters YOU have left while also adding visibility to all photo op locations. THIS TOOL IS NOT A CHEAT.

Rebirth v1 - Like Trip Skip. But instead of taking you from point A to point B, it instead takes you from outside the mission to back to where it started. Useful for missions like the Chiliad Challenge or Wrong Side Of The Tracks where failure can leave you very far away from its starting point. Does not support all missions.

* List of missions currently supported by Mission Passers:
-Big Smoke (first mission)
-Cesar Vialpando (Sweet's lowrider competition)
-Catalyst
-Robbing Uncle Sam
ALL of Big Smoke's missions
-Life's A Beach
-Management Issues
-Burning Desire
-Gray Imports
-Tanker Commander
-Body Harvest
-Wear Flowers In Your Hair
-Supply Lines
-Back To School
-Photo Opportunity
-Learning To Fly
-N.O.E.
-Stowaway
-Madd Dogg
-Freefall
-Vertical Bird
-End Of The Line (1, 2, and 3)
-BMX
-NRG 500
-Bloodring
-Kickstart
ALL R3 missions.

As a side not to those that might consider this redundant: It has been discussed and this was the resolution arrived upon. Feel free to visit the VC and GTA3 sections for further verification.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

Very Nice work Demarest icon14.gif this will surely help alot of people out including myself wink.gif

how would the GTA world live with out you lol.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2006 - 12:37 AM

It wasn't until after I re-released Pillager and Rebirth to include support for SA v2 users that I realized that spaceeinstein had sabotaged the files on my computer. The problem has been isolated and fixed as of ealier this morning. Couldn't announce it until now. Anbody who's downloaded either of these before this post will need to redownload them.

This sabotage at no point in time effected Mission Passers.

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:11 PM

hey could u make a pillager type mod for unique jumps only plz coz i need one right now'
thanx........

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:13 PM

also i am using v1 ok........

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Feel free to edit your post so that this pinned topic does not get polluted.

Starting with SA, UJ's are hadrcoded functions of the engine, not unlike Rampages were in earlier GTA3D's. Which means the SCM has no way of detecting such things. However, there may be tools/trainers out there that might since they use direct memory access. Once SCM-based mem-hacking becomes more readily available, something like that should become more realistic.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:04 AM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 14 October 2006 - 01:41 PM.

Whoops this Shop has multiple shops......tiptoe toward another door! Where is that ...oh thanx Demarest smile.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:53 PM

Well, this is the general Code Tools thread. Mission Passers development thread can be found here.

onamacwin
  • onamacwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:22 PM

sad.gif ok Im having a prob, with the snapshots. i have gotten 40 of them, however, something got seriously messed up when I was using pilliger to try and find all of them, cause when I have finaly have gotten the 40 snapshots, there was no more green spots left at all, even tho i just have 40 of the 50 snapshots.. Im not sure what happened here, I even tried to turn it off, save the progrees and reload the snapshots agian, but more than 10 greens appear on radar, when I just need 10, and am curious to know if anyone else has had this happen to them as well.. I am using GTA SA 2nd Edition, Might be part of the issue, maybe not.. but, I really want to get all of them, and am hoping you Demarest, know what might be going on here, but if not, I hope that your able to look into it anyways... if you need at all, the games saves, let me know, cause I don't have any way of uploading right now.. but I can find someplace to do so.. hope to hear from you/someone soon.. Thanks..

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (onamacwin @ Dec 20 2006, 19:22)
sad.gif ok Im having a prob, with the snapshots. i have gotten 40 of them, however, something got seriously messed up when I was using pilliger to try and find all of them, cause when I have finaly have gotten the 40 snapshots, there was no more green spots left at all, even tho i just have 40 of the 50 snapshots.. Im not sure what happened here, I even tried to turn it off, save the progrees and reload the snapshots agian, but more than 10 greens appear on radar, when I just need 10, and am curious to know if anyone else has had this happen to them as well.. I am using GTA SA 2nd Edition, Might be part of the issue, maybe not.. but, I really want to get all of them, and am hoping you Demarest, know what might be going on here, but if not, I hope that your able to look into it anyways... if you need at all, the games saves, let me know, cause I don't have any way of uploading right now.. but I can find someplace to do so.. hope to hear from you/someone soon.. Thanks..

If you read the readme file, it says that things like this can occur. So... get a map and go hunt the other 10 spots manually =)

ThunderKnight
  • ThunderKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hey Demarest .

Your tools saved me some of the missions.

Is it possible to add mission like.

1. Wu Zi Mu
2. Farewell, my love...
3. High Stakes.. Low Rider.

This mission are so frustrating.

Prickle
  • Prickle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Hey, Demarest, nice work on the code tools thus far.

I plugged in pillager last night and noticed all the tags on the west side of Los Santos did not appear on the map. Amazingly (or pathetically), I remembered the majority of those locations. Using the map from gta.com.au, tags between #34 and #48 are effected. I don't know if you've heard of this before of if I just have a weird install, but I thought the info might be of some help.

Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Prickle @ Feb 24 2007, 18:31)
Hey, Demarest, nice work on the code tools thus far.

I plugged in pillager last night and noticed all the tags on the west side of Los Santos did not appear on the map. Amazingly (or pathetically), I remembered the majority of those locations. Using the map from gta.com.au, tags between #34 and #48 are effected. I don't know if you've heard of this before of if I just have a weird install, but I thought the info might be of some help.

Happened to me as well. You know what I did? I got all the tags that were showing up in the map, then I saved the game. When I reloaded it, the remaining tags were showing up normally =)

Prickle
  • Prickle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

Good to know it doesn't require more a fix than loading twice.

kaktus9
  • kaktus9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

can you add to your mission passer Farewell, my love... mission as soon as possible (i'm desperate , cos i have to complete it and i always end rolled over on the roof of the car)
or meaby there is a trainer or something that makes car undamagable or un rolloverable or both?
please help me how to pass that mission

why2me
  • why2me

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

Well I have completed SA 100%,just like VC and III. but stuck at 69 out of 70 unique jumps, would some one help me to complete that 70/70. Demarest did it back in VC when theres 35/36. Whos now...Well this forum great .In SA I struck at taxi glitch and get the patch.well waiting for the cure......

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 20 2006, 19:32)
As with any Code Tools thread, this is a work in progress. Time Vault is not yet finished and is only present in the title for the sake of familiarity. In keeping with providence, the project that will become Time Vault is known as Mission Passers. You can find the specific development topic here. This topic is for release and troubleshooting of the entire Code Tools series... for now.

THE CURRENT SET OF SA CODE TOOLS

HOW TO USE CODE TOOLS - Code Tools only support saves that were made with the original SCM. Once you have saved your game, backup the main.scm in your /data/script/ folder by renaming it to something like mainORIGINAL.scm. Put the main.scm from the associated Code Tool in its place and load your savegame. This CAN be done while SA is running. Once you are finished with the benefits of the Code Tool, save your game, restore your main.scm, and reload the save you just made. Code Tools such as Pillager do not require you to revert back to the original main.scm.

Mission Passers - Any mission it supports can be passed simply by starting it. Currently supports v1 and v2 and is in the process of being developed to ultimately encompass any task in SA that it can. Supported mission list below.*

Pillager v1 - Reveals ingame the location of any tags, horseshoes, or oysters YOU have left while also adding visibility to all photo op locations. THIS TOOL IS NOT A CHEAT.

Rebirth v1 - Like Trip Skip. But instead of taking you from point A to point B, it instead takes you from outside the mission to back to where it started. Useful for missions like the Chiliad Challenge or Wrong Side Of The Tracks where failure can leave you very far away from its starting point. Does not support all missions.

* List of missions currently supported by Mission Passers:
-Big Smoke (first mission)
-Cesar Vialpando (Sweet's lowrider competition)
-Catalyst
-Robbing Uncle Sam
ALL of Big Smoke's missions
-Life's A Beach
-Management Issues
-Burning Desire
-Gray Imports
-Tanker Commander
-Body Harvest
-Wear Flowers In Your Hair
-Supply Lines
-Back To School
-Photo Opportunity
-Learning To Fly
-N.O.E.
-Stowaway
-Madd Dogg
-Freefall
-Vertical Bird
-End Of The Line (1, 2, and 3)
-BMX
-NRG 500
-Bloodring
-Kickstart
ALL R3 missions.

As a side not to those that might consider this redundant: It has been discussed and this was the resolution arrived upon. Feel free to visit the VC and GTA3 sections for further verification.

um ya can someone explain that to me please

yesimagirl
  • yesimagirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:27 AM

i have the mission passer and it doesnt work for wrong side of the tracks cryani.gif

i followed all the directions..is there something i'm missing

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:37 AM

yesimagirl can u explain how i get the mission passer

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:39 AM

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif monocle.gif icon14.gif icon13.gif viddy_pirate.gif moto_whistle.gif anuj_cop.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif and tell me how to install i think i said that in last message did i repeat myself

yesimagirl
  • yesimagirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:48 AM

click here http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=255943

and download it, unzip the file..you know the drill, but it doesnt work for me sad.gif

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

yesimgirli see u reding it please respnd

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:51 AM

actually i dont know the drill

yesimagirl
  • yesimagirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:52 AM

this is awkward... bored.gif

click the link and then click 'yes' to download..select the place you wanna put it on your computer

once its finished unzip all the files and read the readme section it tells you the rest

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

ok um add me tu ru account as a feind so i can ask for a little help if i need it. that and i dont have a fiend on here yet

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

um yesimagirl it says to put the missionpassers.smc in but hwo do i do that

yesimagirl
  • yesimagirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

just drag the file in there...let me know if it works for you

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:06 AM

yes it worked and now it says swap the files abck so when im done with the missionpasser i just take it out of my script fodler right

yesimagirl
  • yesimagirl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:07 AM

yep thats right...but go play the game and see if it makes the mission passed for you..cuz it didnt for me

silencer263
  • silencer263

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:09 AM

yayayayayayayayayayay yay thanks hey yesimagirl if u want to chat or be friends yes i know that sounded corny but if u want to heres my email

[email protected]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users