Photo

"Messing With The Man"

28 replies to this topic
hookjr1199
  • hookjr1199

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

What is the fastest way to raise the chaos meter? I have tried killing peds, cops, and even firemen and paramedics. I can only get it about half full. Is there something I can do to raise the meter quickly? Please help.

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:13 AM

If you use a powerful weapon such as the minigun or the rocket launcher and keep destroying things - like cars, lamp posts etc. - you should fill that meter very quickly. Try to get your wanted level to 3 stars and then blow up a police helicopter, this helps too.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

There should be a pinned topic in Gameplay that link the most exhaustive topics on each and every mission that people ask about to avoid having to read about the chaos meter once a month. No offense to the author intended as I realize the search feature is disabled.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdaveô

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:25 AM

There is an even easier way to complete this mission. Get a vehicle and park it near the concrete verge to the right of the Greasy Chopper, close to the sea. Now shoot it until it explodes, after this just keeping shooting the "carcass" and your meter will still rise and yet you wonít have the same amount of heat as you would if you went around destroying and killing everything.

I canít take credit for this method, either Fuzzy or Spuds found it, but it works perfectly.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 19 2006, 17:16)
There should be a pinned topic in Gameplay that link the most exhaustive topics on each and every mission that people ask about to avoid having to read about the chaos meter once a month. No offense to the author intended as I realize the search feature is disabled.

Search generally covers it, but something to think about I guess. Especially for when search is disabled indefinitely (as is the case now).

@Dave: It wasn't me.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:40 PM

I didn't find it-- but I've been the one repeating the blown up car method here-- I honestly don't recall who told me about it or if it was here or elsewhere...

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

1. At first, buy the small shack opposite the biker bar before attempting this mission.

2. Go to the ammunation, buy armour and M4(a lot)

3.Step into the marker and the cutscene will begin.

4. The moment you exit the bar, race to the open field adjacent to the bar.(centre of the field if possible)

5. Start shooting some peds and cops to raise ur level to 3 star.(don't worry, the M4 has a mighty range.)

6. Once the helicopter arrives, be in crouched position to take the minimum damage, and rain the M4 onto the heli.

7. By the time , the heli goes down the bar will be full and you will pass the mission.

8. Quickly sprint to the shack and save ur game.Reload the saved game and the 4 stars will go.

ENJOY VICE CITY icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:24 PM Edited by Spuds725, 21 September 2006 - 08:27 PM.

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 19 2006, 02:16)

I've been considering this also-- just need time to sit down and do it... having the search re-enabled would help to set up that thread too.

I'll go ahead and start it-- and we can add to it as it goes...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

Well digging up old threads might very well be key if you can find the gems. I was thinking more of a point of no return starting now. When new topics come up, they might get a few straggling responses. Maybe somebody will link an earlier thread. Maybe people (like me wink.gif ) won't even enter because they're tired of saying the same things over and over... And maybe even some other factors that would reduce the usefulness of the thread. If however it was announced that such an effort was begun, then we could every few days/weeks open a new topic, have all the bests chip in with their most details inputs, etc. Either way works. Digging up older threads is less wasteful. Creating a new one is more accomodating with search disabled.

segvirion
  • segvirion

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

Well, Google is your friend. Just do a search restricting the answers to gtaforums.com domain and lots of interesting things will surface. xmas.gif

fareed
  • fareed

FaF

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:19 AM

Another method is driveby in downtown near police station on a bike colgate.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:36 PM

I'm partial to doing this mission by loading up on a bunch of flamethrower fuel (use the pickups at Viceport and Starfish Island; getting it at your hideouts upon receiving it as a hidden package reward is slow because you only get 5(?) units of fuel). Then, find a couple cops and drive-by them, getting you a couple stars. Let the cop cars come to you, then start sweeping them with the flamethrower to blow them up. I prefer the flamethrower over the rocket launcher for this because it's more convenient (and safe, especially if you're fireproof via the Firefighter missions) to take care of a lone cop who gets close to you with the flamethrower.

Blowing up vehicles is the quickest way to get the meter up, and I find it next to impossible to do it with strictly drive-bys on peds or cops.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 October 2006 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Oct 6 2006, 18:36)
Blowing up vehicles is the quickest way to get the meter up, .

nope-- fastest is shooting a blown up car with the minigun-- will fill the meter in about 12-15 seconds

I've never tried the flame thrower-- I have done fireproof rampages with molotovs before and the wanted level does go up pretty fast-- I imagine the flamethrower would be similar...

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 07 October 2006 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 6 2006, 21:58)
nope-- fastest is shooting a blown up car with the minigun-- will fill the meter in about 12-15 seconds

That's interesting. I'll try that next time I do that mission.

The flamethrower does indeed rack up the wanted level. I had four stars when I passed the mission using it. One thing to consider doing is to stay around the biker bar and buy the Skumhole Shack (it's just $1000) on the rooftop across the street before doing the mission, then run to it after you've passed, save, then reload the game to get rid of the stars.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:08 AM

I'm relatively certain your stars are cleared after passing that mission-- the problem is usually failing it with 4 or 5 stars....

i remember my first time through the game-- I couldn't pass that mission-- I kept stashing a PCJ on the roof and zooming to the pay n spray to clear my stars after failing... I had alot of practice failing.. blush.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

OK, now I remember, yeah they are cleared - if you pass. If not, you're stuck with them, so one might consider doing what I said just in case.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (hookjr1199 @ Sep 19 2006, 01:55)
What is the fastest way to raise the chaos meter? I have tried killing peds, cops, and even firemen and paramedics. I can only get it about half full. Is there something I can do to raise the meter quickly? Please help.

Put the cheat big bang various times and the chaos meter is rasiiiiing!!!

dontgetit.gif

It's fun, get one mini gun to destroy the helicopters or one rocket launcher

OR

Put the cheat: chasestats an spawn one tank with the cheat panzer, and explode cars to 2 star or more, is funny biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:15 AM

Posts in the gameplay section usually are requesting non cheating methods...

Pranjal
  • Pranjal

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 8 2006, 02:08)
I'm relatively certain your stars are cleared after passing that mission-- the problem is usually failing it with 4 or 5 stars....

i remember my first time through the game-- I couldn't pass that mission-- I kept stashing a PCJ on the roof and zooming to the pay n spray to clear my stars after failing... I had alot of practice failing.. blush.gif

Totally wrong conception.The stars remain irrespective of whether you pass or fail that mission.You have to either reload the game or go to a pay n spray to remove your wanted level.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Pranjal @ Oct 15 2006, 10:59)
QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Oct 8 2006, 02:08)

Totally wrong conception.The stars remain irrespective of whether you pass or fail that mission.You have to either reload the game or go to a pay n spray to remove your wanted level.

Yeah, you're right. It's useful to buy Shomole Shack so you can just save and then reload.

Going to the Pay 'n' Spray wouldn't probably be the best choice since it's all the way down in Little Haiti.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 15 October 2006 - 04:57 PM Edited by Spuds725, 15 October 2006 - 05:17 PM.

I can check this and verify-- but I am almost certain any wanted level in any mission is cleared by passing it...

//edit//

Well it does happen occassionally-- suicidal.gif

I am wrong in this case blush.gif -- I got 3 stars then blew up and shot up an ambulance to pass the mission and the stars did NOT clear....

However, utilizing bringing your own car and blowing it up with a machine gun, M-60, or minigun and then continuing to shoot the blown up car will pass the mission with at most 1 star as long as you don't kill any peds-- quick & fast and little if any wanted level.

WILLY1
  • WILLY1

WILLY1

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:41 AM

get the ruger and a lot of ammo. Find a securicar, you can get one from el banco currupto, and keep shooting it. The meter will go up fast

theloserwins
  • theloserwins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:37 PM

Wow... I couldn't wait to try shooting at the blown up car...
The police chopper is so hard to blow...
I personally recommend grenades... around 10, used to throw at FBIs and SWATs, I never tried that, coz I never find enough, but it's better than shooting their cars with shotgun.

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:06 PM

I remember blowing up some cars and killing some peds before hopping into my Barracks OL and then running over the rest to fill the meter.

Kitaroija
  • Kitaroija

Fight like a man with HUGE COJONES!!!

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:52 PM Edited by Kitaroija, 20 June 2008 - 05:55 PM.

If you want alotta grenades, the easiest way is to get alotta molotovs near the hyman condo. There's a molotov cocktail at some restaurant's terrace, hidden behind a concrete wall, and there's tables with umbrellas near. So - take the booze and after you've got the wanted number of them, go find a place where you can get a grenade. Press tab, and you've got the same amount of them! biggrin.gif Besides, you can buy grenades at an Ammu-Nation. I'm not sure wich one, but I'd guess the one in downtown would be your best bet.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

Jesus Christ, epic bump.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:53 PM Edited by Spuds725, 21 June 2008 - 01:57 PM.

unlocked--

This is a help/idea thread for mission help linked to from the pinned mission help thread http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=286831

While I don't necessarily think the above post is very helpful in it's present form (could use an edit to refine the method/location used to fill the chaos meter), I don't want this or the other linked to threads locked as it is here to share ideas/methods for passing missions.

Kit... I'll leave your post alone for now, but I want you to give a better description as to how that method works-- unless you are blowing up stuff, the meter won't fill....

I'll give you a few days to edit that post-- if you don't give a better description, it will be split off this thread and locked.

Thanks

Spuds

Kikkoman Soy Sauce
  • Kikkoman Soy Sauce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

Try raising your wanted level, that helps.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Kikkoman Soy Sauce @ Jun 23 2008, 05:32)
Try raising your wanted level, that helps.

No it doesn't-- although some of the things you do to fill the chaos meter can raise your wanted level, raising the wanted level does NOT affect the chaos meter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users