» «
Photo

1Up Preview

22 replies to this topic
DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:15 PM Edited by DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr, 15 September 2006 - 11:24 PM.

Preview

Screens:

user posted image

user posted image

EDIT:

And this:

user posted image

Thanks, LSD, for pointing that one out smile.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:18 PM

It bugs me how Rockstar tries to make it look like Victor Vance is very calm in all of his screenshots.

In the top one, he is just walking down a street, and probably won't turn at all. He'll run into that wall that separates the sand of the beach from the grass, finally get past that, and eventually slowly walk into the ocean and die.

In the second screenshot, Rockstar tries to make it look like Victor is out for a leisurely drive in a golf cart rather than driving fast trying to cause mayhem.

Silly, silly Rockstar...and their rules of screenshot capturing...

evh5150vanhalen
  • evh5150vanhalen

The gypsy modeler

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 15 2006, 22:18)

In the top one, he is just walking down a street, and probably won't turn at all.  He'll run into that wall that separates the sand of the beach from the grass, finally get past that, and eventually slowly walk into the ocean and die.

nope he wont die he can swim biggrin.gif lol

tekkenfreek233
  • tekkenfreek233

Scheisse!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 15 2006, 22:18)
It bugs me how Rockstar tries to make it look like Victor Vance is very calm in all of his screenshots.

In the top one, he is just walking down a street, and probably won't turn at all. He'll run into that wall that separates the sand of the beach from the grass, finally get past that, and eventually slowly walk into the ocean and die.

In the second screenshot, Rockstar tries to make it look like Victor is out for a leisurely drive in a golf cart rather than driving fast trying to cause mayhem.

Silly, silly Rockstar...and their rules of screenshot capturing...

biggrin.gif That made me laugh!

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 15 2006, 23:18)

What bugs me more is how crappy sites like 1UP/EuroGaymer/GamesRadar and SpyGN all get exclusive screenshots, whereas the fansites (the people that actually care about the games and provide excellent feedback and ideas for their next titles etc.) get jack. monocle.gif

LSD
  • LSD

GTAReactor.de

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:37 PM

This one is also new.

user posted image

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

I'm with Adam there.

confused.gif

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 15 2006, 17:35)

What bugs me more is how crappy sites like 1UP/EuroGaymer/GamesRadar and SpyGN all get exclusive screenshots, whereas the fansites (the people that actually care about the games and provide excellent feedback and ideas for their next titles etc.) get jack. monocle.gif

Makes you miss the 'old' days huh?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Kuiosikle @ Sep 15 2006, 22:38)
QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 15 2006, 17:35)

Makes you miss the 'old' days huh?

Yes it does. I'd rather not talk much about the situation.

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:27 PM

Very well said, Adam.

rebalrouser
  • rebalrouser

Rouser or Arouser????

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (LSD @ Sep 15 2006, 22:37)
This one is also new.

user posted image

this shot makes vic look like he is a ped with no idea what is going on behind him

tekkenfreek233
  • tekkenfreek233

Scheisse!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 15 2006, 22:35)

Yeah, I'm with you 100%

DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr
  • DeAnO_GTA~MaStEr

Vote Saxon!

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:29 AM

I've unwatermarked one:

user posted image

I'll try the other two in a bit.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:30 AM Edited by Seddo87, 16 September 2006 - 12:34 AM.

QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 15 2006, 23:35)

i could'nt agree more, well said icon14.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 16 2006, 08:35)

That bugs me to adamcs, it's very silly not to include the people actually supporting your work and making it even more well-known. Plus you look at other gaming companies that even put up for download. Fansite Kits, with trailers, screenshots, information and what not for Fansites to use. Rockstar doesn't do that either confused.gif . I just hope they see what there doing wrong one day.

Very well said adamcs icon14.gif .

Hitman_90
  • Hitman_90

im no player hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:51 AM

Does it really matter what site we get the info from? Info is info whether we get it on ign or gamespot.

CallofKtulu
  • CallofKtulu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 01:26 AM Edited by CallofKtulu, 16 September 2006 - 01:30 AM.

Did Anyone note the date on the preview wow.gif (I mean in the last Paragraph)

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (CallofKtulu @ Sep 15 2006, 20:26)
Did Anyone note the date on the preview wow.gif (I mean in the last Paragraph)

Yeah they do say the 17th. Don't get your hopes up though, it'll still come out on the 30th.

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:41 AM

user posted image Im not the best at editing watermarks out of pictures but I tried.

brandon6199
  • brandon6199

Veteran Member

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:03 AM

Lol what are you talking about? I cant even tell that it was watermarked. Good job have a cookie.gif

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (brandon6199 @ Sep 15 2006, 21:03)
Lol what are you talking about? I cant even tell that it was watermarked. Good job have a cookie.gif

Thanks. That was my first try at ever unwatermarking a picture.

tminus
  • tminus

M-F

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Sep 16 2006, 00:43)
QUOTE (adamcs @ Sep 16 2006, 08:35)

That bugs me to adamcs, it's very silly not to include the people actually supporting your work and making it even more well-known. Plus you look at other gaming companies that even put up for download. Fansite Kits, with trailers, screenshots, information and what not for Fansites to use. Rockstar doesn't do that either confused.gif . I just hope they see what there doing wrong one day.

Very well said adamcs icon14.gif .

Not only that, the worst part is when these guys watch or play a demo for a review. It should be in the hands of someone who lives GTA! And I am not even talking about me either, there has to be thousands out there more dedicated than me even though I have purchased 2 PCs, 2 PS2s and 1 Xbox just for GTA and I am definately getting a PSP for VCS (admittedly didn't get one for LCS but I wish I had!) How many times will we hear 'ragdoll physics' in these reviews? I don't even care about RDP, but what it means, that the physics in general are improved, but that is a matter for GTA4. All of these reviewers talk about draw distance and PED/Vehicle clumping or lack of, and all I can think about is "can we bunny hop on motorcycles?" "Are there parachutes?" "can we recruit gang members?" I know those questions are all out there, but that is me, I am sure all of you have more pressing questions. Like one article mentioned a grab and throw move during hand to hand combat, and another said something like "combat seems largely unchanged." I know they are probably watching the R* guy play a demo, but what I am trying to say is that a true-blue GTA fan would be able to discern much more important info about the game than some of these reviewers who probably play a GTA title straight through, and then go back to playing their strategy games or WoW.

YoStone
  • YoStone

I WILL rule the world some day

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (rebalrouser @ Sep 16 2006, 00:50)
QUOTE (LSD @ Sep 15 2006, 22:37)
This one is also new.

user posted image

this shot makes vic look like he is a ped with no idea what is going on behind him

What is with you guys?
It look ber cool walking calmly with your back towards an explotion, you're responsible for...
If he was running away from the explotion, he would make himself look like somebody who hasn't got everything under control, and he would look more suspecting to the police, also...

I really, really like how calm and cool he is on all the screens cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users