» «
Photo

guide to exploring interiors and ghostworlds

27 replies to this topic
ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:00 AM Edited by ViceCityMamba80, 13 February 2007 - 01:40 PM.

For the xbox and ps2, This is an in-depth guide on how to explore hidden interiors and ghostworlds. As far as i know of, many of these methods have never been posted or known until now. angry.gif

update** pics added to most interiors, more to follow, if anyone has had any trouble with these let me know.

it is well known that there are mods for hidden interiors on pc version but what about xbox and ps2? The only hidden interior i have been able to find is the greasy chopper. i had seen a poster wanting a way to get out of certain interiors on vice city and i found a way to get out of most of them. The methods in this guide are mainly for the console versions ps2 and xbox. These are simple methods without using a cheat device.

***NOTES***

** 2 things you will always need to do when exploring interiors, actually these are required, you have to do the run through wall cheat AND always have a rocket launcher on you when exloring interiors, use the look through walls trick to see whats behind the walls, you can use the input faster gameplay cheat/alongside the car into the wall trick to enter just about any interior in vice city. But some interiors you will not be able to get out of when entered, so suicide or reset is pretty much your only option.

ok with that being said, lets get it started.....

Vice point police station-i think that this is the name of this interior. Its the station where tear gas used to spawn before it was removed. First, go inside and grab the uniform from the locker room. This one is kind of tricky but fun, you have to have a bike, pcj, etc, slowly push the bike into the doorway until it loads with you in the interior. This will take a couple tries and you will see that as you push the bike into the interior you it will keep getting closer to getting inside. Once inside with the bike, drive down to the jail cells and park the front of the bike straight into the wall, input the faster gameplay cheat and run along the side of the bike until you go through the wall. This will take a couple tries.

user posted image first get the uniform and place the bike
user posted image next, drive down to the cells, inside the police station!
user posted image looking at the inside of the police station from outside in the ghost world.

Mansion-This is is well known but i will add this anyways, drive a car into the mansion and go up the stairs and to the top left corner. drive the car into the wall and it has to touch the wall, once again input the faster gameplay cheat once or twice and run alongside the right side of the car and into the wall, as always it will take some trial and error until you get a feel for how to run through the walls. This trick will take you into the mansion ghostworld.

user posted image park your car about here.

user posted image exploring the mansion ghost world

Miscellaneous--another fun interior to explore is the mattress store, act like you are going to the greasy chopper and its on the left, i beleive its in little haiti but its on the main road. Park the car all the way to the left of the store facing the front, and give just enough room to run to the left, Input the faster gameplay cheat once or twice, and run alongside the car and you will run through the wall, you can get out of this interior without having to reload as well, simply go the front doors and keep running into the doors and you will pop back outside. When you enter the interior you will see that the mattresses are solid. lol

user posted image

user posted image note the mattress to the left which is solid

Ammunation Downtown-OK this one took some time to do but its fun to explore the ghostworld, you have to have a caddy and a couple of bikes, drive the caddy to the front of the door but DO NOT drive it inside, you will lose the caddy if you do. Park the caddy and get out and simply use the bike to push the caddy into the hallway, once you are sure you have the caddy in the hallway, enter the interior for the gunshoot and it should load the caddy with you. Once loaded into the interior with the caddy, drive all the way to the entrance to the area where you do the target practice the 2nd time, but do not enter the area, park the caddy to the left and input your trusty faster gameplay cheat code and park the caddy into the wall and simply run alongside the caddy and you will go through the wall and into the ghostworld. Getting out of this interior will take some tries, it took me a little bit to figure this one out.

LIttle havan cafe interior- you want to get into the cafe with the bike, you have to use the trick where you pushed the bike into the doorway until it loaded with you into the interior. Once you have the bike inside, simply drive straight to the back and enter you faster gameplay cheat, park the bike into the wall and run alongside and go throught the wall.

Hymam interior-This one is a little tougher as the others because it takes trail and error, You want to go to the dirtring race, when the race starts simply turn your car around and park it into the wall by the exit sign, you have to be really careful on this one because all the cars will be racing and knocking around into each other, once again park the car into the wall and input your code and go alongside the car and you will pop out of the wall and fall down to the street, you have to be really careful on this one because the water is still around the walls outside the interior so be careful dont run around real fast and jump alot until you know you are out of the area, you can experiment with where to exit on this interior, but you just have to be careful where you park your car because everyone else is going crazy. Another interesting thing to do is once you get out of the interior, look straight up into the air and you will see the interior high into the air and the cars will still be racing around in circles.

Mall-there are 2 ways to do this, the first way is to enter the mall with the interior not loaded and its really creepy inside, simply find a place to park a car outside the mall along the wall and input your code and use the car to run through the wall, this first one is how to get inside the mall without triggering a load of the interior. its dark in there but you can see some stuff.

user posted image first to see the unloaded interior mall simply find a wall to park at
user posted image the only thing loaded in this mall is the escalater and at nighttime it is really dark in this interior mall!

I am still trying to find a way out of the bank, i havent tried this one much but i will find a way to get out. I think carpetdweller was looking for ways out of certain interiors so i hope this helps. And like i said earlier, these glitches/tricks were done on xbox version so im sure that the ps2 will work too. pc players have alot more options at their disposal.
Once 100 percent completion or completion of game there is not much to do so this is fun way to explore vice city and see the things you werent supposed to see. devil.gif
have fun exploring interiors and ghostworlds. i will try to put up some screens of some of the tougher ones.

Enjoy!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:09 AM

there was a pinned thread on the interriors and eastereggs but it became kind of a mess-- (my fault)

Fuzzy was working on fixxing it but never finished--

good list of methods-- I'm certain this will be utilized if the guide is ever fixed---

wish I had time to organize the forums a bit more-- Fuzzy is the neat one wink.gif

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:15 AM

thanks spuds, yea i tried to be as straightforward as i could on this guide. once i get the screens posted it will be easier to see how to do these.

in the past i have read posts that people wanted to do these things but couldnt figure out how to do them on console versions. i worked hard on these and i know some people on here wanted to do these things,

the sad part is that i could have posted more things but i stopped because it was getting to long to read. sneaky2.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

Hey that's pretty cool. But the majority of VC players use PC now (mods). And you can just use the Jetpack from lithjoe's trainer. But I like where you're coming from.

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:40 PM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 14 September 2006 - 12:20 AM.

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Sep 12 2006, 06:38)
Hey that's pretty cool. But the majority of VC players use PC now (mods). And you can just use the Jetpack from lithjoe's trainer. But I like where you're coming from.

yea but this guide is mainly for xbox and ps2 consoles, some people dont have that option like you guys do. These are the only methods that i know of on the consoles. we cant use a jetpack cheat or lithjoe's trainer though i wish i could on xbox.

sigh.gif

i will start off with where i left off with the mall ghostworld.

Ok the second one is getting outside the mall once inside. GO to the records store upstairs, vinyl countdown i think. go to the back left of the store and jump on the little table of records and jump up and down and eventually you will pop through the ceiling, this will take a couple of tries. once you pop through the ceiling you have to follow LEFT alongside the little ceiling panel around to the front of the mall, jump on top of the ceiling panel above the store sign. once there you will see the doors and the area, jump down and you will be outside. i will post screens for this one soon. trial and error works best for this ghostworld.

user posted image ok go to vinyl countdown and go to the far left record bin by the counter. you will want to jump directly into the middle of the record bin and you will pop through the ceiling. this will take a few tries.

user posted image ok now you have popped through the ceiling and you need to jump on the ledge in front of you above the store sign and go around to the left side of the mall, you will know when you are in the right area because you will start to see some of the ghostworld.

user posted image ok this ghostworld is really blue in this area, but here is a shot off the mall from a distance, you have to use your map to find your way around the streets in this ghostworld, once you find the street, its best to stick with it in this world.

LIttle havana cafe interior- you want to get into the cafe with the bike, you have to use a car or van to push the bike into the doorway until it loads with you into the interior. Once you have the bike inside, simply drive straight to the back and enter you faster gameplay cheat, park the bike into the wall and run alongside and go throught the wall.

user posted image first set up your bike in the doorway and find a vehicle to push the bike into the interior to load with you when you walk in. pretty simple!

user posted imagenow that you have your bike inside drive straight to the back and line up the bike against the wall to do your run through wall trick.

user posted image once you get into this ghostworld heres a view of the cafe all by itself with no other buildings around. **note the van i used to push the bike into the cafe is still there in this ghostworld, the game thinks i am still in the cafe interior. devil.gif

Ocean Beach Save point: Simply go to the back corner of the room and jump from the short dresser on the left to the top of the dresser and after a few tries your head will pop through the ceiling and you will end up on the roof. You can then explore the ghostworld. *note* jump to the far front right corner of the structure or you will be stuck in the area around the invisible wall.

user posted imageyou will want to jump from the blue dresser on the left to the top of the tall dresser with the bag hanging on it, this is a tricky jump and will require a few tries to do, once accomplished you will pop out onto the roof and into the ghostworld.

user posted imageok now that you have succesfuly popped through the roof/ceiling you are in now in the ghostworld for the save point. NOTE* you must jump off the far right corner behind tommy in the picture and then over a ledge you will see when you go down, if you do not you will be stuck behind the wall and will not be able to get out.

user posted imagea decent pic in the street of the save point ghostworld, once again the game thinks that you are still in the hotel. use the map as always to stick by the street or if you think you know the area, you can explore some of the odd data dumps in this ghostworld.

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

thanks for merging these fuzzy! rah.gif

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:48 PM

Nice Finds, Mamba. icon14.gif biggrin.gif

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:53 PM

hey thanks rashon icon14.gif

yea ive know these for a while and finally decided to post em, the thread is kind of a mess right now,

but yea i know the mods on pc can do these things for you but i finally figured out how to do them on xbox and i know some people were clamboring for them a while back ago. lol, no one seems to see this here i havent got many posts about it,

now that i have the ghostworlds im tryin to find the hidden interiors but only the greasy chopper is the one i can get into right now,

confused.gif

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:03 AM Edited by ViceCityMamba80, 14 September 2006 - 02:16 AM.

small update**

heres a few more pics:

user posted image the apartment 3c/greasy chopper ghostworld

user posted image inside the biker bar

user posted image tommy decides to try his hand at some bartending

user posted image inside the hyman interior with unloaded textures.

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:36 PM

update***

more miscellaneous interiors found, still only one hidden interior, (greasy chopper)

screens to come in an edit. icon14.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:33 AM

Mamba PMed me about cleaning this up... we will wait til he is done and then likely split this topic so his posts are consecutive.... it will be a bit neater in the future... the board limits you to 10 pics per post which is why its spread over several posts....

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:24 PM

yea spuds, fuzzy put the thread together for me.

i am almost done, got a few more pics and instructions to put up and the guide will be complete.

thanks again! rah.gif

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 22 September 2006 - 02:51 AM

so i guess no one really cares about this stuff anymore, dontgetit.gif sneaky2.gif

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:14 PM

i do man it wud be ace if some1 found away to get to some of the other interiors in VC like the Vrock Studio or the Stadium Love Fist perform at or Rosenbergs office

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Sep 25 2006, 20:14)
i do man it wud be ace if some1 found away to get to some of the other interiors in VC like the Vrock Studio or the Stadium Love Fist perform at or Rosenbergs office

yea its easy for the pc players to get the mods for those interiors, but i am trying to find them on the consoles, ps2 and xbox

its weird that only the greasy chopper is the only interior i can find so far, maybe the interiors are there but you just cant see them,

if that is the case then this guide is bascially just for ghostworlds, just recently i figured out how to get outside the hyman interior with bloodring loaded. i will post the pics soon.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

thnx man n gud work but they have 2 load in there somewhere

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:57 PM Edited by ViceCityMamba80, 26 September 2006 - 09:00 PM.

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Sep 26 2006, 20:43)
thnx man n gud work but they have 2 load in there somewhere

yea i know that they are there, they are alot easier to find on san andreas. i think that realistically only the greasy chopper can be found but i havent looked everywhere just yet.

let me know how this guide works for you. sly.gif

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

dude the greasy chopper loads up i know that long be4 i came here i used walkthru wall cheat on my armax but they have to load up some how

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:18 PM Edited by ViceCityMamba80, 11 January 2007 - 08:14 PM.

and the search continues........im thinking the only way to see all the other interiors is to somehow convert a pc hidden interior mod to the xbox, whether it is chipped or soft-modded.

i have searched way too long and still found nothing. dozingoff.gif

**Update**
'
there is one way to get the hidden interiors on xbox at least, but that requires a modded xbox and an ftp program. im sure most of you know about that already. well i went the way of mods on the xbox!

either way at least i managed to get the hidden interiors! lol.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2007 - 01:53 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 23 March 2007 - 12:25 PM.

Wow, this is a invisibility guide for seeing Ghost-Worlds, eh. Well I still really appreciate the guide Mamba; I am from GameWinners and I submit glitches under my different name (not telling you as yet). I have some advanced glitches to do hidden interiors for PC and PS2 with ease! But anyway, I wish this thread to be stickied as a Vice City glitch reference to everyone playing the game.

Update: I see you are having trouble getting out of the El Corrupto Bank. Hmm... how about you parking a PCJ-600 bike behind the actual building that loads up separately (make its front face toward the wall). Now enter into that building, and then let's say you do a "karate" to get on the bike when inside of the interior?

* This is just one out of many of my other tricks to easily get out of Ghost-Worlds and Hidden Interiors that I know about. I will be updating them soon when I have the time, as I don't feel like making my own guide.

Dirtring: user posted image Bloodring: user posted image
Hotring: user posted image The Bank: user posted image

I'll be posting details with pics on how to do the glitches without using cheats, including all of the Ghost-Worlds and 1 hidden interior (Auntie Poulet’s shack) soon.

Here's how it works! Now where's my original guide again... it's consider copyrighted to me and no one can touch it. happy.gif These are one of the best glitches for PC for walking through walls with ease, and I am posting them on the GameWinners website first before I post them here. First I tell you the way how to get to Auntie Poulet's shack by using VCM80's method:

Do the glitch to get out of the "Vice City Police Department" (a good idea to park a helicopter there initially by the way). Now head on over to Auntie Poulet's shack and do the bike trick to the wall. Once you find yourself inside, you are have successfully found another hidden interior! Note: If you want to exit out of any interiors including Greasy Chopper, you must find an extra bike in addition to your bike used to get inside. Align the bike used to get out of the interior facing the wall. Once again, do the wall trick with your other bike and when you want to come out, do a "karate" (you know what I mean) near to the bike by moving toward it and getting on it at the same time.

Aunt Poulet's shack:

user posted image
Is that really Auntie Poulet?

How to do 'em...

Dirtring invisibility:
If you want to (recommended for good invisibility experience), get on any bike and go directly into the Stadium's entrance. Now come off your bike and when the screen begins to fade, get on it quick. You should now have two bikes loaded in the Dirtring's interior. Now get on any of them (or only one), and park it straight into the surrounding walls (w/fences) around the Dirtring. Now do ViceCityMamba80's trick to fall through the walls by running towards the wall while *at least* touching alongside the bike, and with the "Faster Gameplay" code enabled; you should eventually fall through it and actually land on the Stadium's top! Note: You will be timed if you are using the Dirtring's default bike; try pushing the Dirtring's bike instead towards a nearby wall if you don't have an extra bike, so to avoid being timed!

----------------

Bloodring invisibility:
OK, what you need to do here is to make your way to the entrance when it is opened obviously. Now input the "Suicide" code (heh-heh I'm cheating), but do *not* input the last letter for it to activate right away! After that, allow the game to load the stadium, wait for a little while when you see the name title for the stadium, and then activate the code without hesitation! If you did this properly, this should now happen right Here when you enter in the "Health" cheat during the intermission sequence. As you can see, you are now lying on the floor. To wake yourself up, just move and jump at the same time. Go to Here, and you should get to Here. Now continue going along the path, and you should fall through the Bloodring track. Note: There is a timer; see what you can see fast!...and sorry, you will also land in water.

----------------

Hotring invisibility:
Explained above although there is an alternate way in which I already know of...

More glitch tricks coming soon!!

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:16 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 23 April 2007 - 03:29 PM.

QUOTE (ViceCityMamba80 @ Jan 4 2007, 15:18)
and the search continues........im thinking the only way to see all the other interiors is to somehow convert a pc hidden interior mod to the xbox, whether it is chipped or soft-modded.

i have searched way too long and still found nothing.

There's a trick for PC modders that *may* help Xbox/PS2 gamers into finding Hidden Interiors easily. Some were mentioned in the "Secrets & Easter Eggs" by DarkGTA. Anyway, what you do is to download LithJoe's trainer & Hidden Interior mods, install 'em, and do a mission that has a cutscene which shows that interior. What will happen is that the original interior made by R* will DISAPPEAR, showing you what the extent of how the Ghost-World looks like! All you have to do now guys is to know which of the Ghost-Worlds (all are explained above), has the same exact color as the one that was showed in the cutscene! Based on my observations, when I do one of the Print Works mission, I saw a brownish-looking color for the G-W (the interior disappeared so I could actually see outside). So I went to do the Cafe Robina glitch and saw that it had the same color as the Print Works cutscene.

Note: Usually people only download Lithjoe trainers and other mods to see the hidden interiors, but there is an effect when you start over a new game. These mods were meant for people who actually had completed the entire game fully and had always wanted to know what the cutscene interiors look like. However, hidden interiors can be found anywhere in the game. The only two which were easy and loaded up in the same place are Greasy Chopper and Aunt Poulet's shack. The others can be anywhere: below Vice City (blue hell), above the sky limit, or even outside the mini map's borders! Chances are that you may be looking almost everywhere and can never find it. R* doesn't necessarily have to load up the cutscene interior in the range of the mini-map. They can just keep the interior in a file and use it whenever the mission calls for it. Hidden Interior mods only edit the file to use inside of Vice City, relocate the interior, and so this is why you are allowed to see it easily.

Well, now that you have used the Hidden Interiors mod to see what the Ghost-World color looks like, do any of the Ghost-Worlds shown to you on [page 1] and see if it matches the one in the cutscene. Now you must uninstall the Hidden Interiors mod so that it can relocate it back to it's usual "in the sky" zone, but keep LithJoe's trainer. I will be experimenting with this to see if what I am saying here is true. If I happen to find them out on PC without using the mods, then it is on PS2/Xbox as well. But bare in mind that you are in trouble if they are located below, above, or even outside Vice City. Now this is when LithJoe mod for PC comes in handy (if I even find 'em that is). *Important info for PC interior hunters* -- if you don't uninstall the Hidden Interiors mod after you have looked at the unloaded cutscenes, you will be wasting time finding the interiors when it is already located in Vice City's main land. First you must: see what kind of G-W color are for the different cutscene interiors, look for a similar Heaven, go into the skies, and find 'em!

Update: Oh snap, it worked! I think I am just this close into finding all the interiors! Auntie Poulet's shack loaded the same ghost world as the VCPD when I did her missions using the Hidden Interiors mod. Therefore, Cafe Robina is a heaven group to Print Works!

Where's Print Works located?!

I don't know, but check these screenshots out:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

From these screenshots, you can clearly see that some cutscene interiors only show up when you go into the pink marker! rahkstar2.gif (Exception of this goes to of course Greasy Chopper and Auntie Poulet; hope this reduces the stress for all you "interior hunters", like you Mamba.)

The Heaven Groups were:

Print Works
Cafe Robina
(interior location -> Print Works, Little Haiti)

Auntie Poulet's shack
VCPD
(interior location -> Aunt Poulet's, Little Haiti)

Greasy Chopper
Apartment 3c
(interior location -> Greasy Chopper, Downtown)

Ken Rosenberg's office
Cafe Robina
(interior location -> ?, Ocean Beach)

Marco Bistro's
[]
(interior location -> Ocean View hotel, Ocean Beach)

V-Rock studio
[]
(interior location -> V-Rock studio, Downtown)

V-Rock concert
[]
(interior location -> V-Rock concert, Downtown)

still more to come in an edit...

Note: Ones that are left blank are probably in NPM, VCPD, PPC, Ocean View Hotel, Vercetti Estate, Cafe Robina, Apartment 3c, Malibu, The Bank, Rifle Range, or Bloodring/Dirtring/Hotring ghostworlds. Interior locations with a question mark means an uncertainty of it being located above the sky limit or an unknown location.

Where's Ken Rosenberg's office located?!

R*'s GTAVC cutscene interiors are loaded up in the same place as the regular pink marker walk-ins. The only reason why they aren't shown to you in Vice City when you use either the look through/walk through walls trick, is because only the pink marker can activate and load up the actual cutscene interior. Mods just only allow you to see 'em all in the Vice City heaven. Proof are shown below in these screenshots! (Note: The RTC times for the Ghost-Worlds colors are the same throughout and Cafe Robina indeed matches the heaven group to Ken Resenberg.)

The Cafe Robina ghostworld:
user posted image Looks like the interior is located in Ocean Beach.

Ken Rosenberg's interior:
user posted image Hmm... there's no chair? I'm getting the feeling that "Hidden Interiors" are only buildings in the Vice City heaven that R* forgot to took out, and so stored it somewhere else in other ghostworlds apart from Vice City in its natural state. This may be the main reason also why the "cutscene interior" is different from the "hidden interior".

Ken Rosenberg's cutscene:
user posted image If you look at the one right here -- you will see Tommy Vercetti looking at some buidings outside through the windows, and this is indeed the same area that LithJoe's teleportation mod teleported me to! So this means that it wasn't "Harrison Hotel" after all. Heh, but why in the first place would an office be located inside of a hotel anyway? tounge2.gif

About Ghost-Worlds: Ghostworlds seem to be just a data storage areas used for R* to store textures that are not meant to be seen in the Vice City real-world heaven. It can include hidden interiors and weird map textures. This may be exactly why some buildings look totally different than when in Vice City. Aunt Poulet's shack has a blue rooftop when in the VCPD ghostworld; however, this can only apply to specific ghostworlds. You just need to know where R* stores the hidden interiors and this is where mods comes in; but this is not the case with all ghostworlds and some can be simply plain empty with their own unique "heaven" color. Currently, the Greasy Chopper and Aunt Poulet's shack are the only 2 interiors which R* forgot to took out of Vice City (it is not known whether or not if this is the case with other platforms such as on PS2/XBox).

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:25 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 28 March 2007 - 04:39 PM.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding related Ghost-Worlds for the Dirtring/Bloodring stadiums (but not Hotring). You see, there's a timer and LithJoe's trainer isn't disabling the countdown. This really sucks! But it seems they are the same exact color, but not sure if the cutscene interiors can be in any of them. bored.gif Anyway, they probably are in the same place as the pink marker, only thing I won't be able to post accurate heaven groups. Wonder if DarkGTA can help me here with his own hidden Interiors guide?

EDIT: What I have left to find is Marco Bistro, V-Rock concert, and V-Rock studio. I remember using "Hidden Interiors" mod and saw that the V-Rock studio had a darkish Ghost-World heaven color, and seem to have been located way up above the usual exterior. As for the concert, I am going to need to find a save file that has the Love Fist missions still left to do.

What's behind the cutscene interiors?!

Already explained above, but what's especially interesting is the cutscenes for Ken Rosenberg and Aunt Poulet. When doing Aunt Poulet's missions, walk into the pink marker to activate the cutscene. You will then notice that a ghostworld behind it (VCPD) shows up before the shack is fully loaded. For Ken Rosenberg, Tommy Vercetti is looking through windows (day or night) that may appear to be the Vice City heaven. But this may be because the game just simply loads up the file to show that hidden/cutscene interior inside of Vice City.

Note: Almost all interiors that have doors or have missing textures, can only be loaded via cutscenes or in different ghostworlds. However cutscene interiors coming from missions like "Martha's Mug Shot" and other walk-in interiors do have pink markers as well, but their interiors are still located in the Vice City heaven. Such an interior is the Film Studios interior. The screenshot below shows what happens when doing the Rifle Range invisibility glitch and then doing a mission in Film Studios at the same time:

user posted image

This happens because the game couldn't find the interior, since you are in the "Rifle Range" ghostworld instead. The actual interior is really located in Vice City obviously. *Done without using Hidden Interiors mod* --> this is an in-game glitch!

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

that's awesome, good goin ring of fire! lol.gif yea i tried for the longest time to make a guide that some people would appreciate and use if they needed t. It does seem that most people on here are pc users and that's cool, i made the guide for xbox and ps2 owners who do not have the luxury of mods. I ended up modding vice city on xbox and now i have cutscene interiors and all kinds of crap. I had other ghostworlds that u could escape on the game i just decided not to post em because i didnt know if anyone even cared.

I hope this thread can stay alive but good methods you have there. I might have to give that a try. rah.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:28 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 28 April 2007 - 11:26 PM.

Yeah, but it has already proven that the hidden interiors only show up when you enter the pink marker. So searching is useless when we know for a fact that it loads up in the same place.

As for the cutscene interior for Ken Rosenberg -> when it is night, you see the Tommy looking through windows which shows Vice City in full darkness. But when it is daylight, Tommy looks through windows which show Vice City in full brightness (see the screenshots above). All this interior madness for Ken Rosenberg’s office was located in Ocean Beach. So where did you think the interior was located? Up in the sky, Ocean Beach, or Hotel Harrison? It wasn't a surprise that the interior wasn't located in the hotel because no office person like Ken would want to work inside of a hotel; also, books and a library setup layout in a hotel is rare! He probably went there to eat dinner at a restaurant, or he was just running along to go somewhere else. What's interesting is that the pink marker is always right beside Hotel Harrison for some reason, but not the cutscene. Anyway, Tommy did state "I'll drop by your office tomorrow so that we can start sorting this mess out." Oops, I was wrong about this: his office is really located in Harrision Hotel for some reason. I saw a Youtube video of the Hidden Interiors mod for PS2/Xbox/PC (I think), and it was like a long narrow dark pipe tube leading to his office!?

Update: I finally found out a way at last to explore the ghostworlds of Dirtring/Bloodring (non-cheating way on previous page). You just download LithJoe's trainer, and when you are on the bike, you just control it like in Jetpack mode! The reason why I needed to do this was because there's absolutely no way to disable the countdown without getting on the default bike, and there's absolutely no way to explore the ghostworld without getting on the default bike since you will always land back on the dirt track. As for Bloodring, collect as many checkpoints as you can and do the same Jetpack mode trick.

For more information about Ghost-Worlds for PS2/Xbox. Visit the Cheats & Tricks page.

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

I'm going to have to try to put lithjoe's on xbox. it might not work but it is worth a try. Yea i thought that rosenberg's interior was where you step into the pink marker, that long building. Yea at the time i was looking for the cutscenes i knew that some of them did load high in the sky, and some prob could not be accessed without mods or the like. Yea man you have done a great job adding on to what i have started. icon14.gif

and if anyone is wondering about what mods i have running on xbox i succesfully installed: (yes all these one game) i am NOT the creater of these mods, just got them to work.

hidden interiors
world trade center
air park (huge park above the airport and parts of little havana)
mod that makes the bloodring/hotring/dirtring interiors appear above the stadium
back to the future car
a-team van
various 80s cars
plane height limit removed
controllable submarine (can dive as well)
new mcdonalds food court in mall
after you beat the mission "copland" the swat uniform appears at the police station
various "sky highways and roads"
outside world mod

thats all i can think of for now. Thanks to all the creators of these mods!! cookie.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:31 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 20 April 2007 - 06:49 PM.

"Interiors do load high in the sky" -> VCM80, when you said you were searching for these hidden interiors, what exactly were you doing Mamba? I heard that DarkGTA edited some of the [.ipl] files to see these cutscene interiors and someone released the Hidden Interiors mod for it, but really complicated. There seems to be a lot of ways to find HI's; what was your method Mamba? All I do is to install the Hidden Interiors mod to see what the exact color of the ghostworld is and find a match.

* I am thinking now that the only reason why I was able to see these cutscene interiors on ground level was because since the interiors are now actually located at their usual spots, the game must have not being able to load up anything, thus, it shows us what the G-W color looks like. But I don't think they were located up in the sky, though. Anyway, Aunt Poulet's shack and Greasy Chopper certainly isn't loaded up in the sky!

So hmm... in order for a cutscene to appear properly, it must locate the Hidden Interior for it. Since I used Hidden Interiors mod, it moved it out of the sky for me and placed it in their original ground-level spots. But anyhow, why was I able to see outside? Must have been because of a conflict with the [.ipl] and cutscene files. The game's citscene is trying to spot down the coordinates but can't find it.

There we have it: Cutscene interiors are related to their hidden interiors! You can't possibly have one without the other. Interesting though as Aunt Poulet's rooftop is blue, and there is no chair for Ken Rosenberg's hidden interior. Guess it is because when we walk into the pink marker, the game uses its hidden interior to render the cutscene and places some objects that were missing inside it to make it look different. R* probably use hidden interiors for data storage purposes (as stated before). Cutscene interiors then uses these hidden interiors to create and render a scene. So wait, so that's why there was a chair in Ken Rosenberg cutscene even though it was invisible! As for Aunt Poulet's "blue" rooftop, this certainly means that it was the hidden interiors fault.

QUOTE (ROF)
Update: I finally found out a way at last to explore the ghostworlds of Dirtring/Bloodring (non-cheating way on previous page). You just download LithJoe's trainer, and when you are on the bike, you just control it like in Jetpack mode! The reason why I needed to do this was because there's absolutely no way to disable the countdown without getting on the default bike, and there's absolutely no way to explore the ghostworld without getting on the default bike since you will always land back on the dirt track. As for Bloodring, collect as many checkpoints as you can and do the same Jetpack mode trick.

Actually, the game still doesn't allow you to get out of the Ghost-World when you are currently inside a vehicle or when you haven't started the mission yet. I'll have to just avoid going any lower and/or find another mod that disables the mission timer. biggrin.gif Hotring was possible because it doesn't complain when you are not inside a vehicle.

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

i made this guide before i actually found out about modding the game for xbox. For someone who has no way to do that or does not know how, then it's inpossible for someone with an unmodded xbox or ps2 to access the files or mod the game. My method was strickly using loaded interiors to try and find cutscene and hidden interiors by escaping out of the loaded interior into the ghostworld. I guess my topic name could be a little misleading. lol.gif

I had never had a modded xbox game until a few months ago and without those mods then there is almost physically no way to see alot of the stuff that i can see now and even now modding vice city on xbox can be a real pain but i do not want to get off topic. But yea like i said i did not have access at the time to any mods or anything so i made this for anyone who was interested in exploring ghostworlds or interior hunting with the unmodded consoles or games. I really like the add on to the guide. Using the karate to exit an interior is something i did not know until recently. But like i said you have done a good job on adding on and helping people who might not understand like we do what to do and it would not suprise me if a number of people do not know about this still. On other message boards i still see posts about "how did you get into that interior" or "no way you can do that" lol.gif

ViceCityMamba80
  • ViceCityMamba80

The mamba has returned

• Members

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:29 AM Edited by ViceCityMamba80, 09 June 2007 - 04:49 AM.

**small update** for those that care i will be adding section to this guide as to how to insert map mods for the xbox version and other mods.

this will include a detailed listing of how to add what, what works and what not to do to avoid any problems. cool.gif

i must have helped some people i have over 2,000 views.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users