Photo

New Fighting Style

6 replies to this topic
nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:13 PM

We've all heard about the new fighting style that we'll be using, and I have a feeling that it will be similar to how fighting was in The Warriors. If so, the controls might be as follows: grab/throw opponent (hold to tackle) - circle. heavy attack/attack when grabbed - x. light attack/struggle when grabbed - square. I think this could work very well. It could be similar to San Andreas, where once you lock on, the square and x buttons would be used to fight, like in SA how the triangle button was used.

xygtaxy
  • xygtaxy

IM AN EMO KID NUTHIN 4 ME AS CAN BE

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

Your Idea sounds cool for a fighting style.

It would be cool if you could be on stealth missions sneek up behind a guard and snap his kneck by pressing Lock On Triangle.

Maybe Jumping attacks liike where you lock on to your enimie and they are not in reach of punching then you body slam the pedestrian like you fly at them and knock them down like in True crime games. And Maybe be able to learn different fighting styles from certain gyms. Maybe a Gym where you can become different colored belts to get stronger, just a thought.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

Also in The Warriors, you were able to press combos of buttons to perform different moves. For instance, if you pressed triangle and circle, you would perform a strong grab, like a headbutt followed by a headlock. I think it would be cool if they used the Warrior's system of fighting.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

San Andreas had some new fighting styles. Maybe VCS will have something similar. I don't play SA on PS2 so I dont know the combo buttons.

nbond99
  • nbond99

Agent of Chaos

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ Sep 10 2006, 18:09)
San Andreas had some new fighting styles. Maybe VCS will have something similar. I don't play SA on PS2 so I dont know the combo buttons.

If I'm not mistaken, in SA you only used circle and triangle for fighting. It's definitely very possible to incorporate the style I was talking about.

d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

i was really happy when i read the bit about a new fighting style, its about time we had something different (besides SA, but that was still pretty basic). but being a handheld game, i dont think theyll go too into the controls like its a wrestling game or something.

a good idea would be some kind of fighting contests within the fort baxter base. speaking about the corruption in there, i wouldnt be surprised if they held fights between marines and laid bets on the winner.

CMN
  • CMN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

I think ders a new grapple move and toss along with classics like kicks and punches. Im wondering if its hard to control dats all""

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users