Restarting Problem

2 replies to this topic
Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

Lately my computer is having this restarting problem. It will randomly decide to reboot itself if I press any numeric key. It's happening both on my 98 and my XP partitions... Sometimes it will restart, sometimes it won't, I've ran antiviruses, anti adware/spyware, everything, and the problem seems to go away, and then come back. Anyone has any idea of what could be wrong?

facugaich
  • facugaich

||| |-|-| |.|.|

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:01 AM

A problem with your keyboard? You might want to test it in another computet. It's really extrange it happens in two different partition, it must mean that the problem is really low level.

pcguytech
  • pcguytech

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

I'm guessing it is hardware related and not software but you can figure out what is causing it to REBOOT, by turning off automatic reboots. By default Xp will reboot when an error is found but you can change it so you can get a Log of what the actual problem is by doing the following:

Right-click My Computer and Click properties, then the Advanced tab. Under Startup And Recovery dialog box. Uncheck the box next to Automatically restart and click O.K. Now restart your computer for this change to take effect. Also make your sure you have the Event log set in SERVICES to Automatic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users