Photo

Bully

421 replies to this topic
fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:09 AM

In reading above posts, I can't help but think R* is one helluva gaming company.....by comparison. Look at CORE, they released VI TR games, only to have it torn from their hands, as they could never remove that 1 second delay from contoller to game....One of the things R* did with III and VC, is produce a game with some intensely fast controls.
I remember, even on pc rather than PS2, my brother, a hardcore gaming fanatic, taken aback by the intense driving physics. This seems to be gone with SA, featuring a slow camera, and a completely different demographic than previous GTA games.
My point? R* is your best bet for an upcoming release........

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (guv @ Sep 4 2006, 22:55)
I must confess to finding R*'s non-GTA games very second rate. Manhunt was good in parts but certainly no classic. State Of Emergency was feeble. Table Tennis? Um... nope. And as for this game, well it looks to me like faux controversy for controversy's sake. I'd also suggest that it's a kid's game with a mature certificate, meaning that those who willl get the most from it will be younger than the minimum age rating on the box.

Could be fun to a certain degree, but I think I'll pass and wait for the next great R* game - GTA4.

State Of Emergency wasn't made by Rockstar so that's why it didn't do very well. As for the other games I think that's a matter of opinion. Manhunt I enjoyed alot and even though I haven't played Table Tennis I've heard its a fun little game.

@Extint - Rockstar didn't make Midnight Club, Angel Studies did who went on to become Rockstar San Diego which then made Midnight Club 2 and 3. Not to mention Midnight Club 1 came out way before NFSU did, it was a launch title of the PS2.

tekkenfreek233
  • tekkenfreek233

Scheisse!

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:14 AM

Whatever, I'm still calling it Bully! biggrin.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (tekkenfreek233 @ Sep 12 2006, 02:14)
Whatever, I'm still calling it Bully! biggrin.gif

i think its only getting changed in Europe, so your alright still calling it bully

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:34 AM

The game was rated TEEN

biggrin.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:08 AM

Well still no word of a proper name change but there is a new trailer up on IGN.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Sep 19 2006, 10:08)
Well still no word of a proper name change but there is a new trailer up on IGN.

looks even more better on that trailer. i cant wait for it to be released.

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

Sorry to bump, but this game is out today...In US neway.
Not out here across the pond until 27th...Grr
Opinions?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 October 2006 - 10:48 PM

Well the trailers look good so i am guessing this is going to be good, also it has skateboards in it maybe a new feature for GTA IV. The graphics look good aswell for the PS2. I also have to wait till the 27th sad.gif

So any of you yanks americans got it yet.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:30 AM

I have it. They stoyline is entertaining. Contols are alot like SA except for a few new things they added, that took a bit of getting used to, but they're fine otherwise. I'm finding it hard to stop playing, if that's any indication to how good it is. Oh and every feature/item has alot of use/detail to it. And alomst everything can be upgraded. I have a scope and improved accuracy for my slingshot already. Being able to skitch cars is a plus. There are scotters, bikes, skateboards, school busses(non-drivable) as well as a fully funtional amuesment park!

The game world is alot bigger then I thought it'd be too. Here's a map:
user posted image

The littel details in the seasons/daynight chaigning are great. Leaves actually falling in autum, being able to pick up and throw a snowball form any part of teh ground.

Deez, look at me rambling, while I'd rather be playing. My only regret so far is not buying the Premium Box Set...

There's alot more, but I think I'll stop typing now.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (palaric8 @ Sep 14 2006, 23:34)
The game was rated TEEN

biggrin.gif

yeah, too bad the kids smoke, the teachers drink, don't forget the violence, and cussing, oh and the sexual refferences. dozingoff.gif

i'm already on the third chapter, i havnt stoped palying since i got it, this game is great.

Hadrian
  • Hadrian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:38 AM

Wow I'm surpirised this game is getting such great reviews. I will have to get it now since it sounds so great.

QUOTE (Kuiosikle)
Being able to skitch cars is a plus.

What does that mean? Do you mean Sketch cars? If so, why would you sketch cars? Sounds like a weird feature.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:55 AM

Isnt skitching cars when you have roller blades on and grab on to a back of a car a drive around, it was on Tony Hawks.

Hadrian
  • Hadrian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Seddo87 @ Oct 18 2006, 09:55)
Isnt skitching cars when you have roller blades on and grab on to a back of a car a drive around, it was on Tony Hawks.

Well that would make much more sense than sketching tounge.gif

But I've never heard of that being called skitching. Is a new word in my vocab now though.

Kanney
  • Kanney

4-8-15-16-23-42

• Members

Posted 19 October 2006 - 02:38 PM

Skitching is holding onto the backs of cars on rollerblades/skateboards etc. There used to be a game of it on the Genesis (SEGA).

Has anyone got Bully yet?

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:04 PM

i'm on the last chapter of the game. i'm oly at 54.54% complete, there's so much to do in this. it's alot of fun

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

The game looks brilliant and it should be one of two games I'll be getting next Friday when its finally released over here (UK).

IGN has a video review up and they give it an impressive score at the end.

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:38 PM

I wish I could buy this but if I did I'd have to go without Vice City Stories. But this will probably be the first game I buy after VCS, looks awesome.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:36 AM Edited by ATK, 20 October 2006 - 12:39 AM.

I just finished the game today. The story is pretty entertaing, and somewhat funny. Im like 71% done with the game.

There are bike races, go-kart races, dodgeball, boxing, swimming, bikes, skateboards, and so much more. A fully interactive carnival with games to ear tickets to buy items, and like 5 rides. No drivable cars, but there are scooters. All 4 seasosons, and 2 holidays, Halloween and Christmas. Although im not sure if you could go back to the seasons seeing as how there are for each chapter.

And the number of pranks are un countable. Fire alarms, wedgies, firecrackers in the toilers, swerlies, food and snowball fights, the list goes on.
And for all of this the AI is extremely smart. Also there are probably over 200 different clothing options, its pretty much like from san andreas. There are clothing shops, and also you win outfits, and articles of clothing from different tasks.

It uses the thing where the outside is one world, then you have the "intreior" universe, where you load to go inside buildings. It could just be my PS2, but it seemes like loading takes a bit longer than it should.

But none the less, you must pick this game up. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (ATK @ Oct 20 2006, 00:36)
I just finished the game today. The story is pretty entertaing, and somewhat funny. Im like 71% done with the game.

There are bike races, go-kart races, dodgeball, boxing, swimming, bikes, skateboards, and so much more. A fully interactive carnival with games to ear tickets to buy items, and like 5 rides. No drivable cars, but there are scooters. All 4 seasosons, and 2 holidays, Halloween and Christmas. Although im not sure if you could go back to the seasons seeing as how there are for each chapter.

And the number of pranks are un countable. Fire alarms, wedgies, firecrackers in the toilers, swerlies, food and snowball fights, the list goes on.
And for all of this the AI is extremely smart. Also there are probably over 200 different clothing options, its pretty much like from san andreas. There are clothing shops, and also you win outfits, and articles of clothing from different tasks.

It uses the thing where the outside is one world, then you have the "intreior" universe, where you load to go inside buildings. It could just be my PS2, but it seemes like loading takes a bit longer than it should.

But none the less, you must pick this game up. icon14.gif icon14.gif

Tanx for d info sounds cool definately goona pick it up when it comes out next week
  • Dream-_-Traveler likes this

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:00 PM

This game is awesome. I've waited a long time for a game that lets you shove nerds into lockers.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:11 PM

Can't wait to get it, should be fun to look at the games engine too. I've heard that it uses San Andreas engine with a few tweaks. I think it's out here next week, lets hope anyway smile.gif .

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

IGN gave it a good score and it seems to be good from what you guy have said. I'll have to get it for Christmas, no cash sad.gif

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 21 2006, 23:11)
Can't wait to get it, should be fun to look at the games engine too. I've heard that it uses San Andreas engine with a few tweaks. I think it's out here next week, lets hope anyway smile.gif .

thats one of the first things you notice,when you play bully tounge.gif

you need this game

9.5/10
my score

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2016
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:08 AM

If they are being forced to change it that just takes the f*cking piss.

bunch of f*cking morons not even reading into what the game is about.

May as well name a game " flowers and peanuts" and have it about squirrels and cats having anal sex, may as f*cking well.

Rename the bible " dope and beer " and it would be burned.
  • Dream-_-Traveler likes this

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:33 PM

Just ordered this from HMV for £22.99 after hearing my irc buddies talk about it, sounds like it's a right laugh, probably be my last ps2 game, can't wait to play it. biggrin.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

I was under the impression the game was released in the UK on the 27th, yet play.com are claiming it is out tomorrow and they have it in stock currently.

Can someone confirm the UK release date for me?

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2006 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (jarjar @ Oct 21 2006, 19:11)
I've heard that it uses San Andreas engine with a few tweaks.

Does it ever!

handling.cfg

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

@saintdave: Play usually doesn't wait for release dates and sends stuff out as soon as they have it in the warehouse. I just canceled my other order and did it through them, I'll let you know if I get it early.

the gangsta
  • the gangsta

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:10 PM

Preatty cool but i like more SA. biggrin.gif

13 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users