mr. whoopee lvl

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic
boogoiy
  • boogoiy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

how do i do the the level what happens all you do is deals how do you finish it or does something happen aften you get a certain amount?

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:52 AM

Just get into the Mr. Whoopee truck and the mission starts. You need to tap the horn (like activating a siren) to activate the ice cream tune or no-one will run up. When the music is going gangs (and the PIG security) will go after you, if you get ripped out of the car, exit, or bail when it's on fire, the mission ends. Each time you do 4 deals you will get a wanted star so be careful (best to run once you get 3 stars as with 4 stars the CPU drivers are reckless!). Turn the music off and I think the gangs stop shooting (not the ones already shooting though).

After so many deals the mission will pass and you can collect money (up to $3000) from the Cherry Poppers place. You don't have to do all the deals on one mission - you can keep doing missions right through the game but it will add to a mission attempt like the vigilante, taxi, checkpoints etc.

If you're using the PC version of Vice City don't save at Cherry Poppers as it won't save properly and you'll have to start from the beginning as it says it's a corrupt save file.

If, for any reason, you don't want to start a mission but you want the Mr. Whoopee, push it out onto the road and you can drive it like a normal car. Same goes with Top Fun vans, Sparrows (chopper checkpoints), and possibly the boats down at the docks at Viceport (Checkpoint Charlie) - get another boat to push them out to sea. [Checkpoint Charlie might be a while if you have only just entered the west half of Vice City.]

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Heihachi_73 @ Sep 2 2006, 18:52)
After so many deals the mission will pass and you can collect money (up to $3000) from the Cherry Poppers place. You don't have to do all the deals on one mission - you can keep doing missions right through the game but it will add to a mission attempt like the vigilante, taxi, checkpoints etc.

Incorrect. You must sell 50 'icecreams' in one hit. Once that's done, you also have to exit the van of your own accord in order to be credited for the mission. You'll get no confirmation message until you exit the van.

boogoiy
  • boogoiy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:04 AM

50 in one go???? oh yeah i have like 145 icecreams sold and the level hasnt evan finished yet that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:53 PM Edited by Heihachi_73, 02 September 2006 - 02:04 PM.

Oh well, been a long time since I did the Distribution mission! I should start Vice City from the start again, and remember not to do unique jumps until everything is done!

With the Distribution mission, there's "Ice Creams" and then there's actual deals. On my game it has 388 ice creams sold, but 115 drug deals made (displayed forther down in stats).

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 02 September 2006 - 03:45 PM

you can't turn the music off in your one go also (until you rach 50)-- that ends it-- you can't get busted or wasted either without exiting first.

The difference in the drug deals made and ice cream sold in your stats is that one is your total, and the other is sold in a row (one go).

MARINE_WARRIOR
  • MARINE_WARRIOR

f*ck with me f*ck with the best

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:19 PM

after a while a cut scean comes the it shows aleins comeing and zaping you up the they get high casue the ice cream has drugs in it and you ge tzapped down afte rit shows there space ship gets shot down so if you go to fort baxter you can get in a ufo im just jokeing lol nothing hapens but the cops come after awile

WILLY1
  • WILLY1

WILLY1

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:46 AM

you have to do 60 deals. I suggest going to the right island so the gang members do not pull you out. Also make sure when you get one star go into the pay and spray.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:32 AM Edited by Spuds725, 28 November 2006 - 02:38 AM.

QUOTE (WILLY1 @ Nov 27 2006, 20:46)
you have to do 60 deals.  I suggest going to the right island so the gang members do not pull you out.  Also make sure when you get one star go into the pay and spray.

Nope-- 50 in one go passes it.

I did this in a "speed run" for the storyline-- I've been in some in depth discussions on the absolute minimum needed for completing the story

I personally have completed the asset with only 50.

Viceport is one of the better areas... lots of customers, no gangs, and a pay n spray.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Sep 2 2006, 15:45)
The difference in the drug deals made and ice cream sold in your stats is that one is your total, and the other is sold in a row (one go).

I always wondered that. rolleyes.gif

Adrena1in
  • Adrena1in

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

So let me get this straight. You have to do 50 deals in a row, with the music playing constantly? Or does turning off the music reset the counter?

It's just that I was doing this mission the other day, and each time a Wanted Star appeared I just turned off the music and drove around until it disappeared again, then carried on. Did about 25 or 30 deals I suppose, then got bored as I couldn't see the point - now I know. If I'd carried on for a bit longer, and done 50 deals, would I have completed the mission?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 29 November 2006 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Adrena1in @ Nov 29 2006, 06:45)
So let me get this straight. You have to do 50 deals in a row, with the music playing constantly?

yes...

Or does turning off the music reset the counter?

yes-- this ends the mission-- infact I believe you have to go back to the icecream factory to actually restart the mission... park it in the spot the Mr. whooope spawns and exit and get back in...

If I'd carried on for a bit longer, and done 50 deals, would I have completed the mission?

yes... you have to do 50 in row... and at the end you have to end the mission-- turn off the music and exit the van... this will trigger the "mission completed" message and music and give you the short asset completed cutscene..

if you die or get busted after you have done 50 prior to ending the mission, you will not get credit for having done it....

yes very boring and pointless (almost as boring as taxi and paramedic).... you will not attract customers if you are moving so there is no need to turn off your music... just drive around til you lose your star or drive to the pay n spray... I've done this parked out in front of the vice port pay in spray with and gotten more then 1 star-- will keep the view on wide to see cops on foot better and drive in the pay n spray if I see one.... the only other place I've done this mission is on the beach on the east island-- hard for cops to sneak up on you there... its alot faster in vice port IMO...

Joni2030
  • Joni2030

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Wednesday, Nov 29 2006, 16:05)

Or does turning off the music reset the counter?

yes-- this ends the mission-- infact I believe you have to go back to the icecream factory to actually restart the mission... park it in the spot the Mr. whooope spawns and exit and get back in...

Actually you dont have to do that, I can do it all times if i go out of the car example i go out, i am at close Airport and go back in the car and press 2 i can start he mission.

NewportByChrysler
  • NewportByChrysler

LC R29

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

Two thousand f*cking six.
LOOK AT THE POST DATES.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users