• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic
Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

Demarest,

If you use the v2.0 script.img/main.scm then after saving change file ID with pdescobar's app you should be able to test yourself.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:05 PM Edited by Plaka, 10 September 2006 - 09:31 PM.

OR I could ask those who already have them to lend a hand. See, the way you're suggesting would be useful if I wanted to test Big Smoke, or Ryder... What about End Of The Line though? Until now, I've had a VERY strict policy of not caring about the woes of those who joined the scene too late. However, I've of late seen fit to include them as best I can. I don't think asking those same people to help verify is an unrealistic request. Or didn't you realize I'm really busy helping this community out already? tounge.gif smile.gif

Hit the 'edit' button by mistake ... sorry Dem blush.gif

Plaka
  • Plaka

King Of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Sep 11 2006, 00:05)
... Or didn't you realize I'm really busy helping this community out already?  tounge.gif   smile.gif

I really noticed!

A prelim' verification can be obtained using the method I outlined above HOWEVER for your peace-of-mind a v2.0 owner would provide corroboration.

wink.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:21 AM

A few more missions that i find hard are: "Running Dog" and "Burning Desire", and the 2nd crash mission in los angeles-I can't remember the name.

ps-The new mission passer programs works great on the 2nd editon game, I tried it out. Good Job. smile.gif

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:08 AM Edited by -/TNT\-, 11 September 2006 - 01:42 PM.

[QUOTE]the 2nd crash mission in los angeles-I can't remember the name

Radioman I believe the mission you mean is Gray Imports, a particulary hard and entertaining mission.

Also Dem the mission passer is neat cookie.gif cookie.gif smile.gif .

PS: Plaka ; biggrin.gif .

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 11 2006, 04:21)
ps-The new mission passer programs works great on the 2nd editon game, I tried it out. Good Job. smile.gif

Thank you very much for reporting back! colgate.gif

File is updated with Big Smoke, Running Dog, Burning Desire, Gray Imports, and Body Harvest.

Thank you for everybody's continued support. Am I the only person that thinks of Korn/Static X's Burning Inside chorus every time I read the words Burning Desire?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:49 AM Edited by radioman, 13 September 2006 - 09:07 AM.

One more mission I would like for "mission passers" is "Catalyst", because that mission is hard to do with the mouse that comes with the laptop pc-the mouse is just too sensative and it is hard to aim with from the train. Thanks.

PS-I'm not sure if this is my game or the code tool, but on the mission "Caesar Vialpando", when you first start the mission, the games freezes up for about 10 seconds. This is the version 2 code tool that i'm using.This should be the last mission I need help with. Could you also put "management issues" mission on "mission passers", please and thank you.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

Excellent work on this one Dem icon14.gif Some have also found doing BMX & NRG 500 challenges, plus All the Stadium events difficult. Or have they been mentioned already?

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

It would be superb if u included the 3 Chiliad Challenges coz more than difficult they are very frustating at times.......

grove_street_og
  • grove_street_og

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:47 PM

I used the Mission Passer to do Tanker Commander, and it said I passed the mission, but gave me only $218. It also didn't show me the next mission or give me the next phone call, or show me any of my safe houses. I think it thought I was still on a mission. So I quit and reloaded the original main.scm file, which I will use until I get to Wear Flowers in Your Hair.

Previously, I had done Local Liquor Store, Body Harvest, and Wu Zi Mu, all with the Mission Passer loaded, but at the time they were all unsupported missions. The Mission Passer did not interfere with them in any way.

I had also used the Mission Passer to successfully do the Ambulance and Vigilante missions.

Just thought I'd give you this information in case you wanted to troubleshoot if there's a problem.

Wolfie2k5
  • Wolfie2k5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Sep 1 2006, 02:39)
thanks for sharing the work in progress! as a helper here, i'm a bit worried that Time Vault SA might put us out of business. can't stand in the way of progress, i suppose. biggrin.gif looking forward to updates if/when you start pursuing this more.

what's timetwister?

Put you guys outta business? Eh.. Hardly.

While the MissionPasser IS a kewl tool, the driving school and pilot school missions only gives you 70% - barely enough to pass the mission. At least, you guys tend to go for the gold.

Wolfie2k5
  • Wolfie2k5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (-/TNT\- @ Sep 10 2006, 11:24)
PS: When I play SA I have 4 programs running alongside it. Pizzadox for the unlimited sprint, health, ammo, oxygen etc. , a car spawner, the teleporter and the CamHack (cuz when I play 1280x1024 CJ gains a few inches and loses some pounds tounge.gif ). With the first three progs you can pass most of the missions easily, as well as test modified cars without scanning the city for them dozingoff.gif .

Keep the mods coming

-/TNT\-

FOUR programs..?!?! Good grief! Get GTA SA Control Center!

It does the teleports, it does the cheats, it spawns cars, it does pretty much EVERYTHING except, perhaps the Camhacks bit.

Links to it can be found elsewhere on GTA Forums...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (grove_street_og @ Sep 12 2006, 19:47)
I used the Mission Passer to do Tanker Commander, and it said I passed the mission, but gave me only $218. It also didn't show me the next mission or give me the next phone call, or show me any of my safe houses. I think it thought I was still on a mission.

Can you pass me that save? I test all missions ingame before releasing an updated version. When I tried Tanker Commander, all was well. But I think the save I used did it first. Not sure if that matters, but it's worth looking into. Did you try it a 2nd time to make sure it wasn't a one time thing that you can sometimes get even playing the original game?

If you guys want higher percentages or more money, you're more than welcome to PLAY the mission. Mission Passers is for passing the mission, not hacking your save for 100%, etc.

@Wolfie: The topic of discussion is Mission Passers. Please and thank you.

@San Anzeas: You've read my mind. I've been wanting to include Chiliad Challenge, but requests keep rolling in, so it's taken a backseat.

grove_street_og
  • grove_street_og

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:22 AM

Save is here

No, I didn't try the mission again yet, but will, and will report if it does it OK.

I didn't mention the $218 because I want you to fix it to give more money; it's just that it isn't the amount you get upon passing the mission normally, and I wanted to give you every piece of information I could think of that might be significant.

The main.scm version is dated 9/9/06 at 6:25 AM.

Wolfie2k5
  • Wolfie2k5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

Great job!

One request tho - any chance of including Bike School?

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Also Boat School !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather say put in everything u can but it seems a little too harsh on u considering the amount of effort u r putting in........

Keep up the good work man..... cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:40 AM Edited by Demarest, 14 September 2006 - 09:46 AM.

QUOTE (grove_street_og @ Sep 12 2006, 23:22)
Save is here

Actually, I'd need the save BEFORE Tanker Commander so that if I find the same problem as you, I can try different things AND test them. Also, Tanker Commander doesn't pay a set amount. It's based on the health of the truck I believe. So you might get more than Mission Passers give or you might get less. No amount would be the amount you get from "playing normally".

@San Anzeas: Thanks for the kind words. Even if it wasn't obvious that I was building up to including everything, I've actually stated it a couple times already in this thread wink.gif If you're familiar with Time Vault at all, you'll know that the VC one will even do Rampages and Unique Jumps that you start while it's loaded. Again, it takes time.

Working on an update now. I fixed a mistake I made in Learning To Fly and Back To School that would set all test result to 70% even if you had already completed one at a higher level. That's been fixed and will only give you 70% if you have not yet achieved at least that on your own.

[EDIT]
File updated to include Catalyst, Management Issues, BMX, NRG 500, Bloodring, and Kickstart. The other stadium events are races and therefore will have to wait.

grove_street_og
  • grove_street_og

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:27 PM

Demarest, that is the save before Tanker Commander. I was mistaken, I believe, in what I wrote before. I said I had just done Local Liquor Store, didn't I? Well, I was mistaken, I had done Local Liquor Store, Against All Odds, and Wu Zi Mu, but not Tanker Commander or Small Town Bank.

It would be impossible for me to make a save after doing Tanker Commander and experiencing the phenomeonon I did, because I couldn't see any of my safehouses and therefore couldn't save. After uploading the save, I fooled around with the Mission Passer a little bit, trying again with the same result, then reloading and walking into the marker at the gas station insteed of driving. Same result.

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:21 PM

Hey Demarest I think its time u put the icing on the cake
I mean could u get Mission Passers to get us through all the schools with Gold(100%)
That would be Cool !!!!!!!!
And That would be good for all gamers who wanna finish off their game in style if they haven't !!!!!!!!! (That includes me!!)
Thanx a bunch !!!!!

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:30 PM Edited by Demarest, 14 September 2006 - 05:50 PM.

delete please

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

@grove_street_og: Okay. Your initial observation was spot on. I never reset the on mission flag. It is fixed and uploading now blush.gif I'm not sure why I felt the save was wrong. When I downloaded it and went to load a game, it said Tanker Commander in the slot I downloaded to, as if it were afterwards. You may've noticed however that if you pause the game before alt+tabbing out of it, then jimmy the saves, the save list reflects what it was when you entered the pause menu. I wonder if that's what I was seeing. But all is well now. Thank you VERY much for your continued support on that issue. colgate.gif

@San Anzeas: In case you haven't noticed by now, I'm a bit of a wizard when it comes to savegame compatibility (Code Tools). AND it's something I enjoy doing. So if you can think of ways to enhance a save (say, by granting all gold), then by all means, PM me and request a new tool. However, I'm done stating that Missions Passers has one focus only: passing a mission. It's meant to be a last resort for those who feel they are unable to pass the mission themselves. Anything greater than the bare minimum will not come from Mission Passers/Time Vault. Again, feel free to request another tool altogether privately. If it's within my reach, I'll be glad to make it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:24 AM Edited by radioman, 15 September 2006 - 06:12 AM.

Demerest, I found a problem with the version 2 of the mission passers program. On the fire fighter R3 mission, it say "mission complete $13,400", but you only get a little over $200-because I did it from a beginning save where all i had was the default amount of $350, and after the mission, i only had $597.

PS- Can you also do "High-stakes,Low Rider" mission as a mission passer mission, please I cannot beat this race for nothing. Everytime I try I end up crashing due to game lagging real bad and the game randomly freezes while driving as well sometimes, which makes it hard to avoid crashes. I even tried using nitro, which made the lagging problem worse. I know I said in my last post that that would be my last mission request, but I was wrong.lol.

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

Thanx a lot man

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sep 14 2006, 20:24)
Demerest, I found a problem with the version 2 of the mission passers program. On the fire fighter R3 mission, it say "mission complete $13,400", but you only get a little over $200-because I did it from a beginning save where all i had was the default amount of $350, and after the mission, i only had $597.

Well as I explained earlier to Mutha4ka, Mission Passers does not set out to alter the missions. You see that message because actually the original code is programmed that way. It will display $13,400 regardless of what you actually make. On missions like that, where what you make is not static, I make it 218 as that's sort of my signature.

As for your request, I really wish I could help, but that's a race. I can't speak for other coders, but Mission 35 if downright intimidating. That would explain why I've not touched it for Rebirth or Timetwister. In terms of Mission Passers, it would take me a day of playtesting alone to verify any alterations I've made perform as expected as that one mission handles EVERY race in the game, including the map and menu of the various street racing circuits. So it will be a very invested point in time when I do get around to doing all races at once.

luckyboi
  • luckyboi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

everything seems to be working fine for me.

but then when it comes to Supply Lines. nothing happens.

i go there watch the scene then it says mission passed but then when i go back the next mission does not show up. It just repeats everything all over again.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

Supply Lines fixed. Thank you very much for the feedback colgate.gif

I'll pay more attention to AFTER the mission when I test new missions in the future as this is the 2nd one I would've caught if I had blush.gif

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:10 AM

hey can u do some thing about LV air races???

Cyril hanna
  • Cyril hanna

HO HO HO

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:40 PM Edited by Cyril hanna, 17 September 2006 - 01:42 PM.

HEY DEMAREST I DOWNLOADED THE MISSION PASSER AND REPLACED THE ORIGINAL WITH THE ONE IN IN THE ZIP.
BUT WHENEVER I LOAD MY GAME I GIVES ME THIS MESSAGE
user posted image
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Can't see the image right now. Getting a server down for maintenance message from rapidshare. But it's enough to say that it crashes on load.

Mission Passers comes with 2 different SCM's. Make sure you're using the one that corresponds with the version of SA that you have. If you have v2, then use the v2. The other one should work both with v1 and v1.01.

If you're using the right one and you're still crashing on load, then that means that the save you are trying to load is NOT from the original game, but from a modded SCM. Savegame compatibility is a very delicate process and therefore SCM's have to line up for the most part.

If you ARE using a modded SCM, there's a do-it-yourself solution. Decompile the SCM you're working with as well as the corresponding Mission Passers SCM. Replace the ENTIRE mission code in your SCM with that mission's code from Mission Passers. If it's a mission that Mission Passers supports and you've done it right, your modded SCM will be able to auto-pass the mission too. This is a good idea because then you can keep your source code handy and replace missions as needed in the future.

San Anzeas
  • San Anzeas

Hitman

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

hey can u do something about passing LV air races and race missions???
and if all goes well and u can get it to work what would be race times in stats??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users