13 replies to this topic
Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:35 PM

Okay, so I have this model, which I made in Blender, a freeware application:

user posted image

And, excluding the mirror at the bottom, I was intending to put this model in-game, to replace the Baseball Bat (for reasons I think you will find obvious! wink.gif ). At any rate, I understand you need to convert it to a DFF file (RenderWare), but I have no idea how! Blender cannot export to a DFF, but it can export, among others, in the following formats;

> .3DS

> .OBJ

> .IWO

Can anyone help? How do I convert this to a .DFF file?

Another question I also have- I can do texturing within Blender, but from what I have seen, SA has a seperate (TXD) file per object. Should I modify the Baseball Bat texture, or can I do it in Blender?

And also- Can I swap the sound the baseball bat makes when it hits something?

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:49 PM Edited by fuckindumass, 30 August 2006 - 05:11 AM.

You can use the free version of zmod2, you should be able to import it using 3ds format.
Use TXDWorkshop to modify the txd for the bat, you can just import your texture right over the bat texture. If you use photoshop to make a bmp texture, make sure you save it as OS/2 format, ot TXDWorkshop will not like it.
In Zmod2, you'll need a dummy named 'bat.dff', then put your guitar as a child of that dummy. I don't think it matters what you name the guitar.
Hell, I can send you a .z3d of a bat replacement I made, you can open that in ZMod2 and see how to set it up.

BatZip

Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Aug 27 2006, 23:49)
You can use the free version of zmod2, you should be able to import it using 3ds format.
Use TXDWorkshop to modify the txd for the bat, you can just import your texture right over the bat texture. If you use photoshop to make a bmp texture, make sure you save it as PS/2 format, ot TXDWorkshop will not like it.
In Zmod2, you'll need a dummy named 'bat.dff', then put your guitar as a child of that dummy. I don't think it matters what you name the guitar.
Hell, I can send you a .z3d of a bat replacement I made, you can open that in ZMod2 and see how to set it up.

BatZip

Lol! That's one funky bat replacement.

Sorry, could you explain a little more about the child business?

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

Sure, I believe they call the square named bat.dff a node, well, we don't have to understand that. After you merge the z3d and your file together, just drag your guitar to bat.dff and drop it in. Delete my funky bat, (right click and delete) So you should just have bat.dff with your guitar under it. If it's done right, you'll have the plus/minus sign in front of bat.dff. Hope I explained that in an understandable way.

Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Aug 28 2006, 00:02)
Sure, I believe they call the square named bat.dff a node, well, we don't have to understand that. After you merge the z3d and your file together, just drag your guitar to bat.dff and drop it in. Delete my funky bat, (right click and delete) So you should just have bat.dff with your guitar under it. If it's done right, you'll have the plus/minus sign in front of bat.dff. Hope I explained that in an understandable way.

Ummm.....I downloaded Zmodeler2, and it bascially said only the registered verision can import files...damnation.

Perhaps you could convert it for me? It would be a big help. If you want to, I'll PM you a link.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

Sorry, my connection dropped out last night. So much for rr.wi's claim they are 'always on'
Yeah, I can convert it for you. I am curious as to which files won't import....if it's z3d or 3ds or what....

Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Aug 28 2006, 14:44)
Sorry, my connection dropped out last night. So much for rr.wi's claim they are 'always on'
Yeah, I can convert it for you. I am curious as to which files won't import....if it's z3d or 3ds or what....

Okay, thanks. I'll do a PM.

Basically you can't import ANYTHING if you don't register (buy) your Zmodeler. Man, I tried getting plug-ins for Blender, getting Gmax, the free trial of 3DS...nothing, man.

Here's another pic of the guitar, for anyone who is interested in the mod:

user posted image

And yes, it was improved from that first model up there.

BTW, I have some textures slapped onto it. The only image texture is for the two string pick-ups, the two things with little black sqaures on them. The rest is just colour-textured. If need be, you can optimise it for me (i.e, get rid of the textures). I'l certianly give you credit for it.

I'll PM you shortly.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:23 PM Edited by fuckindumass, 29 August 2006 - 06:29 PM.

Here it is in Zmod. I can give you a .z3d that zmod will open, or I can color it as you show in your picture, and send you a dff ready to go in-game. I had to defeat this file to get it in Zmod2, so I must ask you point blank if it is your file or not. If it's yours, we can go ahead. If not, I cannot assist you.
Just needed to clear that up.....it's a very nice model by the way, should be fun crackin some skulls with it devil.gif

user posted image

Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:13 PM Edited by Twist96, 29 August 2006 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Aug 29 2006, 18:23)
Here it is in Zmod. I can give you a .z3d that zmod will open, or I can color it as you show in your picture, and send you a dff ready to go in-game. I had to defeat this file to get it in Zmod2, so I must ask you point blank if it is your file or not. If it's yours, we can go ahead. If not, I cannot assist you.
Just needed to clear that up.....it's a very nice model by the way, should be fun crackin some skulls with it  devil.gif

Appears to be going well. What do you mean "defeat" the file? Also, I notice there's an area at the bottom of the guitar where the face is not filled in- must've been an oversight on my part, lol. Could you fill that face in for me?

Also, you wanted to know wether it's my model? I don't know wether you're comparing the "quality" of the model to my apparent n00b skills getting it in-game, I don't mind, but I assure you, I made it entirely on my own. I'm not n00b with 3D modelers, but I am with SA modding, lol.

Here's the model in Blender, along with the pic I used for reference. To get the initial shapes, I got a bunch of vertices and roped them round the guitar in the picture (body, neck etc all seperate), then extruded the 2D shapes to get 3D, and then went on from there. Here:

user posted image

Also, you were saying about the textures? Does that mean I don't need a TXD file? The only image texture on there is the string pick-up, the two panels with black squares on them. Here's the texture I used for that:

user posted image

However, that texture is spread across BOTH the panels, even though they're really seperate. Obviously the distance and size is correct, as they appear correct in the render I did.

Actually, I would like you to put in game for me. I don't think my non-registered version of Zmod will export anything. I'll certainly give you full credit for this.

BTW, I was imagining CJ holding it by the neck, and using in the same manner as the Baseball Bat. So, no real modding there...I imagine you can just turn the thing upside down and align it in the same orientation as the bat, with anywhere on the top-half of the neck going where the Baseball Bat's handle would be, the Neck of the Guitar sticking behind CJ and the Body of the Guitar in front.

Also, one more thing, you see on the body of the guitar where the lines are all...zig-zaggy? Is that just a filler texture or are edges actually sticking out?

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for confirming it's yours.....after I 'cracked' it, I got a little worried, I am happy now
(Zmod1 imported it as locked, Zmod2 wouldn't open it at all)

The zig zagging effect was bad normals, for example, the body of the guitar had just one normal at each vertex. This could have been the way you built it, or it could have been from importing 3ds file into zmod2, not sure how well that works out. I fixed it up, and tried assigning colors, rather than texturing, which resulted in an all white model in game. So, I made a small texture and assigned it.

I am not the greatest at texturing.....I upped a bunch of pics, I'll post them in your WIP thread. That should generate a little feedback.
I just got your texture from this thread, I'll add it in the txd, and take more screens after you decide if texturing is going to be ravamped.
Your model would look a lot nicer with proper textures, rather than the way I just used plain colors.

As far as quality of your model goes icon14.gif
There were some unneeded polys, like the backside of buttons being fully modeled, I deleted them of course. There's a little more cleanup to do.
The 'missing' polys were there, they were just backwards, so I flipped 'em.

I'm going to post the pics in the other thread, then I'll zip up the dff and txd, and pm you a link, so you can inspect ingame.

Twist96
  • Twist96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Aug 29 2006, 22:04)
Thanks for confirming it's yours.....after I 'cracked' it, I got a little worried, I am happy now
(Zmod1 imported it as locked, Zmod2 wouldn't open it at all)

The zig zagging effect was bad normals, for example, the body of the guitar had just one normal at each vertex. This could have been the way you built it, or it could have been from importing 3ds file into zmod2, not sure how well that works out. I fixed it up, and tried assigning colors, rather than texturing, which resulted in an all white model in game. So, I made a small texture and assigned it.

I am not the greatest at texturing.....I upped a bunch of pics, I'll post them in your WIP thread. That should generate a little feedback.
I just got your texture from this thread, I'll add it in the txd, and take more screens after you decide if texturing is going to be ravamped.
Your model would look a lot nicer with proper textures, rather than the way I just used plain colors.

As far as quality of your model goes icon14.gif
There were some unneeded polys, like the backside of buttons being fully modeled, I deleted them of course. There's a little more cleanup to do.
The 'missing' polys were there, they were just backwards, so I flipped 'em.

I'm going to post the pics in the other thread, then I'll zip up the dff and txd, and pm you a link, so you can inspect ingame.

Okay man, I have updated textures, BUT YOU NEED TO EMPTY YOUR PM FOLDER. It won't let me send to you since it says your folder is full.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:13 AM

oops, I guess that's why I couldn't pm you back ROFLMAO

boomshowdown
  • boomshowdown

boomshowdown

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Is there any way to convert SA simple object eg:- Weapon or a place objects like land mass,trees etc to VC

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:39 PM Edited by askn, 03 September 2013 - 02:07 PM.

download KAM Script and put it to 3ds max (http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=9172) for convert 3d model to dff for 3ds max.
export the model from Blender as OBJ. then launch 3ds max and press file>import (don't forget to choose import as OBJ. format)
then run the Kam script in 3ds max and choose the model you have imported from blender and choose SA and EXPORT!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users