» «
Photo

[REL\WIP]Official MI:SA Radar Images

14 replies to this topic
REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:52 PM Edited by REspawn, 31 August 2006 - 08:56 PM.

Evening all,
this topic is here to cover the radar system for the MI project, there was a radar topic before this but it covered the Vice City version of the mod and to save on confusion I decided to create a new topic that will just cover the SA version.

There is a download below with the current set of radar txds as well as a full size radar image of the four islands, if your lot is not on the map then please add it to it and e-mail me the map, or if you donít want to do that then please pm / email me with the download details of your lot so I can add it to the radar.
My email: [email protected]

Radar Color Scheme
Land / Grass: #006309R0G99B9
Water: #0181b2R1G129B178
Roads: #000000R0G0B0
Buildings: #FFFFFFR255G255B255
Deved Land: #949494R148G148B148
This is a screen of the radar in its current state...
user posted image

Download
user posted image
Version: 0.1
Released: 22 Aug 06
Size: 1.1mb
Download: Here

Sugestions and feedback more than welcome,
-Dave

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

looking forward to install this later

good work! icon14.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Great work on it Respawn, maybe this one is better then the Detailed one Gforce and I started with. Thanx a lot. tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:12 PM Edited by GTAuron, 22 August 2006 - 08:47 PM.

WORD!

GTAuron installs

Now where's that Necrosis update? tounge.gif

user posted image

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

@aad
If you guys have a detailed radar it would be excellent to work together, i made a tool to export radar as an image or to import an image and export as radar txd files so if you guys want to work together on this one it would be excellent and with the tool you can do all the work in max and then just render allowing for more time on detail.
Let me know if your interested.

@GTAuron
Will have more info on necrosis over the next week or two, just getting turnipfan back together at the moment and working on the china town area of necrosis, i also reworked the road because of the increased room we have in sa which you can see in the radar image.

Thanks guys,
-Dave

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

Hey! nice work REspawn! very gta-style, I love it...

I have the color for the rocks/mountains:

#8D4D18 R141 G77 B24

Needed for black mesa tounge.gif

bye

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:40 AM

Nice to see you, Dave.
And where Illcom radar?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

@AleXXX It's right there, just no buildings on it.

Nice to see this out, i'll install it later. Hope Gforce notices this so it can be included in the next installer. Approx. date on a beta release of necrosis or something? I know you're probably pretty busy with real life. Nice to see your still alive too wink.gif

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:22 PM

It's right there, just no buildings on it.

I say it about buildings...

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (REspawn @ Aug 22 2006, 20:45)
@aad
If you guys have a detailed radar it would be excellent to work together, i made a tool to export radar as an image or to import an image and export as radar txd files so if you guys want to work together on this one it would be excellent and with the tool you can do all the work in max and then just render allowing for more time on detail.
Let me know if your interested.

@GTAuron
Will have more info on necrosis over the next week or two, just getting turnipfan back together at the moment and working on the china town area of necrosis, i also reworked the road because of the increased room we have in sa which you can see in the radar image.

Thanks guys,
-Dave

Gforce and i discussed about it and i told Gforce that Mapviewer also can create its own radar images to bad the grass and buildings are sometimes colored black and you will get some missing pieces. but i like you style of radar so i think yours will be final great job on it,

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (AleXXX @ Aug 23 2006, 13:22)
It's right there, just no buildings on it.

I say it about buildings...

Theres no buildings in there becasuse i dont have any buildings installed on my version of MI, I wanted to get the basic land mass radar done first as a base of operations and over the coming weeks i will install the buildings available and people can submit there versions so the radar can be updated.

@aad
if you guys are cool with that then its perfect with me, thanks.

-Dave

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:20 AM

i actually saw this yesterday not long after you posted (i have some stuff i need to post in the train thread so i waited before i posted comment but it's 4am so the train thread will have to wait tounge.gif ).

the only issue i see is that you didn't notice the post i made in the map design/lot request topic that pointed out that i have moved GTI (with the go ahead from illspirit) ............. for several reasons, so the radar files you have made will not match with the current map layout that is included in the next installer i have almost ready (my installer is currently unofficial and hasn't been acknowledged as official so it's not really an issue).

my personal taste would actually be a mix of the detailed radar with the black (or dark grey) road layout of your's, this way you would get to see back alleyway's and full lot layout along with clear road layout, the R* method always seems cartoon style to me.

i can only assume you did some clever texture replacements in max/map-io to get the images, mixed with a very useful max script for exporting the files .................. very nicely done too i must add.

ps. remember that the MI irc channel (amongst other options of comunication) is still active and you can find me there most nights (UK time), if you want to discuss options. wink.gif

pps. it's good to see you back as an active participant in the MI project REspawn and i look forward to adding Necrosis to my MI installation biggrin.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (readme)
replace the radar00.txt to radar143.txd

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 August 2006 - 05:24 AM

Great Job respawn, although a browny colour for mountains would be better, but congratulations for doing this, now I won't get lost when driving around Myriad icon14.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:13 PM

The roads on and to the west of the Crater ridge seem to be missing. Are they a different surface type which your export method missed?

The roads which are marked make MISA ten times more playable, though. I always got lost on the Northern islands and kept missing turns before now. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users