• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic
Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (biggestloser @ Aug 22 2006, 03:04)
I swear to god if I hear: "Go buy a PSP" one more f*cking time I'll kill someone. None of you dumbasses seem to realize that some of us don't have the money to afford one right now, and that's what pisses me off about you insensitive pieces of crap.

Anyway, this is premature of R*. Does anyone remember when they announced the PS2 version of LCS? If the PSP can handle the game, then the PS2 can as well - no doubt about it. If they're designing it scrictly for PSP and not porting it to PS2, then they're basically giving away their money. R* doesn't make money off of PSP - they make money off of the games. Why should they care about Sony's profits? If Sony gets rich, perhaps they'll drop the price of PS3 a hundred bucks, but I don't care and R* shouldn't either. It's business, and business is all about money.

amen ti that man

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:35 AM Edited by palaric8, 22 August 2006 - 03:42 AM.

QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 22 2006, 01:27)
You dumbass.  If you had a reading level above the fourth grade and read my entire post, as opposed to just skimming through it, you would have read that I cant afford to both buy a psp and save for the ps3.  Its one or the other.  I work hard 5-6 days a week.  I have bills coming out of my ass.  I have people to support.  Im not a 17 year old kid whos entire check goes to himself.  I cant afford a psp on top of saving for the ps3 and paying my bills and putting food in the fridge.  That simple.  Im an enormous GTA fan.  I have been playing the series since before most of you even knew what GTA was.  It upsets me that Rockstar wouldnt want all their fans to be able to enjoy the game considering that we were the ones that made them wealthy enough to even expand the game beyond the PS2 and the trilogy let alone GTA-GTA2.

rahkstar2.gif doenst care if you dont have the money to buy the console to play there games,
just because LCS was ported that doesnt mean VCS stories is going to get ported,thats what i hate about other people:
"nah i wait for the ported ps2 version,playing gta on psp sucks"

50/50 chance,will see

Dude, no offense... but every time i see one of your posts.. your yelling and curseing at a person to let stress out..

I understand if you cant afford a PSP but it doesnt mean you need to rip that guys head off

So your not going to buy a PSP... Ok.. thats fine...

second to that....

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (palaric8 @ Aug 21 2006, 22:35)
You dumbass.  If you had a reading level above the fourth grade and read my entire post, as opposed to just skimming through it, you would have read that I cant afford to both buy a psp and save for the ps3.  Its one or the other.  I work hard 5-6 days a week.  I have bills coming out of my ass.  I have people to support.  Im not a 17 year old kid whos entire check goes to himself.  I cant afford a psp on top of saving for the ps3 and paying my bills and putting food in the fridge.  That simple.  Im an enormous GTA fan.  I have been playing the series since before most of you even knew what GTA was.  It upsets me that Rockstar wouldnt want all their fans to be able to enjoy the game considering that we were the ones that made them wealthy enough to even expand the game beyond the PS2 and the trilogy let alone GTA-GTA2.

rahkstar2.gif doenst care if you dont have the money to buy the console to play there games,
just because LCS was ported that doesnt mean VCS stories is going to get ported,thats what i hate about other people:
"nah i wait for the ported ps2 version,playing gta on psp sucks"

50/50 chance,will see

Dude, no offense... but every time i see one of your posts.. your yelling and curseing at a person to let stress out..

I understand if you cant afford a PSP but it doesnt mean you need to rip that guys head off

So your not going to buy a PSP... Ok.. thats fine...

second to that....

It depends on sales, and since LCS was sold on PS2 for only $20 and it was a stellar hit. It would make sense in marketing to port it over and do the exact plan for Vice City Stories.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:15 AM

My last word on the subject: no one would be bitching if the old GTAs were ported to PSP. There's a lot of bitterness over the fact LCS wasn't an exclusive. I can dig it.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:19 AM Edited by palaric8, 22 August 2006 - 04:22 AM.

agree people:

50/50 chance

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:23 AM Edited by GTA Life, 22 August 2006 - 04:25 AM.

This is fucking stupid. And it's very rude of Rockstar to do such a bold move. Now I'm thinking about Boycotting them now because of this. It's uncalled for, I don't have a PSP and I don't plan on getting one. I ahve all the GTA's on Ps2...why the fuck would I ruin it by getting it only on PSP?...That doesn't evan make sense. I'll only get it if I can get a PSP for twenty bucks. Then I'll get it....which will never fucking happen. Now I hate Rockstar....if this really is comfirmed that they said it then I'll probably never play GTAIV.

Lucki
  • Lucki

Straight up Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

I dont mind wow.gif. I bought the PSP just for the GTA's that were gonna come out on it so people who dont have one get one >_<. It'll be worth it viddy_pirate.gif

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (GTA Life @ Aug 22 2006, 14:53)
This is fucking stupid. And it's very rude of Rockstar to do such a bold move. Now I'm thinking about Boycotting them now because of this. It's uncalled for, I don't have a PSP and I don't plan on getting one. I ahve all the GTA's on Ps2...why the fuck would I ruin it by getting it only on PSP?...That doesn't evan make sense. I'll only get it if I can get a PSP for twenty bucks. Then I'll get it....which will never fucking happen. Now I hate Rockstar....if this really is comfirmed that they said it then I'll probably never play GTAIV.

FIGHT TEH PWR!

biggestloser
  • biggestloser

i <3 felicia

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 22 2006, 04:54)
THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED...

Elaborate please.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (biggestloser @ Aug 22 2006, 15:44)
QUOTE (Jordan @ Aug 22 2006, 04:54)
THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED...

Elaborate please.

There is no recording of a Rockstar employee saying this, its all second-hand info at the moment.

biggestloser
  • biggestloser

i <3 felicia

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:16 AM

Well, I await R*'s comment on this then.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:29 AM Edited by Jordan, 22 August 2006 - 05:38 AM.

It was May 12, 2005, and I was at E3 2005. I walked to the Rockstar Games booth which was a fenced-in area with busses inside. You could only get in by appointment, and I had one. I was ushered through the crowds outside and taken into one of the busses. I was mainly there for an XBOX demonstration of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but I wasn't going to let this opportunity pass me by without throwing out some questions to this Rockstar PR guy.

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories had just been announced two days earlier, and I knew that they wouldn't give me any real details, but I did ask if the PSP game would ever come to PlayStation 2. My exact question was "Will the game ever be ported to PlayStation 2?" and the PR guy said "no." I replied with "never?" and he said "right." One year and a month later, I went to a local store and bought the game for the PlayStation 2. Weeks passed and the game put up surprisingly great sales numbers.

What does this have to do with Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories? Today, a podcast-style audio show run by some people that work at 1up.com included a quick interview with some guy that saw a demonstration of VCS a few days prior. He said "the interesting thing about [VCS] is that they are not going to move it to PS2." Nothing really wrong with that other than it's unconfirmed, right?

Well, it seems that n00bs have deployed across the globe on message boards posting this whole thing as fact and then going about their lives eating that candy bar called "Zero" whilst drinking Zima or Capri Sun or whatever the heck n00bs eat and drink. By the way, drinking a beverage from a bag is much more 1337 than...let's say, for instance...a cup?

Anyway, the lesson learned is that you shouldn't take anything as a fact unless Rockstar Games confirms it themselves. The worst is when you come across a message board post where johnny_n00b47 says that Chip at the local EB Games store confirmed that GTA: Bogota is coming to Dreamcast. Even better is when you ask Chip what you should buy for PS2 and he recommends Driv3r.

The fan site community trusts magazines that they will get the details on the new games correct, but when it comes to confirming things as important as "will there be a ported version?," I'm not confirming anything.

p.s. - don't give me any fuss about including e3....its needed to prove a point, and dont ask me about it here please

OriginalGangster
  • OriginalGangster

Lost, Never Forgotten

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:00 AM

They would have to make it for ps2..
so i can buy it on both psp AND ps2.. just like i did for LCS..

it just wouldn't make sense.. and also when LCS came out for PSP it was announced as PSP EXCLUSIVE.. now what? so yea.. VCS will be on PS2 most likely.

nitzkit
  • nitzkit

We're Out There

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:08 AM

Its a good marketing strategy is what it is. Most people want the game to be in PS2 and they enjoy it more on PS2 (I know I do, and I have both copies of LCS). If they said from the start that it was gonna ALSO be in the PS2 AFTER it was released for the PSP then people would just wait for the PS2 version. But this way it forces the little kids to go "mommy! mommy! buy me a PSP" wink.gif

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (azkickin @ Aug 22 2006, 06:38)
QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 21 2006, 19:22)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 21 2006, 10:58)
QUOTE (victim225 @ Aug 21 2006, 20:24)
You know this really pisses me off at rockstar. Theyve shown their not afraid to port onto the ps2 system from PSP with LCS. But what about Hardcore GTA Fans (Me) That have been with them since the begining that cant afford a $350 dollar PSP because their saving for a PS3 thats coming later this year. It f*cking sh*ts me

If you aren't prepared to buy a PSP for a GTA game then you aren't a hardcore fan.

f*ck you and all the other rich cocksuckers like you. Just because you can afford a PSP does not make you a GTA fan. It does make you a condesending rich bastard. So you can afford a PSP. Good for you. I and many others like me can not. So f*ck you calling me not a real fan. I have been interested in GTA since before it even came out and I saw a preview for it in a gaming magazine. Since then I have bought every version of the game since on the day it came out. Excluding the Gameboy and PSP version of LCS. I did however buy LCS the day it came out on PS2. Because I am a fan. Just not a rich one who can afford to buy a PSP in addition to a PS3. f*ck all of you and f*ck rockstar too if they have no respect for the people and the system that put them on the map. Let all GTA fans enjoy the game not just the ones rich enough to afford a PSP. I have bills you assholes. That little screen gives me a headache. Im a man. When im playing a videogame i want it on a big screen. Im not a boy playing a gameboy in 1992. I like to sit back and play games with my friends... something that cant be done on the PSP. Unless of course they own one too. Its not wrong to own a PSP it is wrong to critisize others that dont.

I love GTA and VC is my favorite one so far. Im really excited for VCS it looks awesome. If I cant play it... I will be very pissed at Rockstar for a long long time.

However 1up news is about as unreliable as unreliable gets. You would be better getting your game previews off of wikipedia then 1up news. They are full of sh*t. So I imagine it will still come out for PS2 because Rockstar doesnt want to alienate and break the loyalty they have created with many of their fans who arent wealthy enough to afford a PSP.

Amen to that! icon14.gif biggrin.gif

dude its called g=ask for ne for your birthday or Christmas or save up.

creative madman
  • creative madman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

with all the discussion about why and why not for Rockstar games to port VCS to PS2, has there been much (i havnt read the entire topic end-to-end) discussion about the technical feasibility? as i couldnt tell you what the difference between two 3D Graphics processers was, im not the person to explain, but, does anyone know, weather the PS2 would be capable of handling the VCS effects, like lighting, water, etc. i know its a superior machine in over-all capabilities but is there some sort of difference that makes the PSP more capable (lag reduction, more FPS) then the PS2 at creating the visuals required of VCS?

is that the problem?

anyway, with all this talk of boycotting companies becuase of the format they realease THEIR games in, id just like to remind people, as much as we like to personify companies, and be like "Rockstar truly care about us" they dont, haha, i love the GTA franchise, no doubt, so bow. but when a company reachs its quota, the importance stems from the ability to make more money, if they can't be botherd to port an technically obsolete (its a modded version of the VC engine [which in turn is a modded GTA3 Engine] as far as i understand, circa 2001) game to all the formats, we cannot take it so personally, its not like rahkstar2.gif have said "f*ck all the PS2 owners"

and finally, if it is technically feasible, and sales are good, id bet you 5 Euros (funny considering im an Australian....) that it will inevitably get realeased for PS2.....only time will tell...

keep on gamin'

topdogkiller
  • topdogkiller

The Unseen

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

OKAY OKAy this is getting f*cking annoying. At first i would understand but now i getting f*cking tired and pissed. Everyone needs to know it's 1UP podcast not gamespot not any other gta site or a great magazine it's f*cking 1up and no one ever listens to 1up so why are you all bitchng. I'm gonna boycott rahkstar2.gif . SHUT THE f*ck UP BITCH. Remember when lcs first came out on psp and thy said it would be exclusively for the psp even on the commercials, that's right so they'll probably do the same thing they did last time. Plus anyways 1up said it rahkstar2.gif didn't so just shut your f*cking mouth alright. Now no oe should say a Mother f*cking word about it being release only on psp untill rahkstar2.gif says it themselves. Thewords no port just on psp has to come out of their mouths before any of you say a goddamn mother f*cking word OKAY? Case CLOSED. angry.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:55 AM

Angry Pre-Teens + Internet = Bad

This is supurb news. Though not 100% confirmed like our member Jordan pointed out.
I had a PSP the day it launched in USA, I didn't even know about LCS.
If you want something that costs money than get a job! That's what I did. And now I'll get to enjoy VCS because I wanted something, and knew I to be responsible and get it. Instead of complaining to the manufacturer that I can't afford it (let alone 100s of people who dont give a damn on a forum).

lol @ People who voted this topic bad.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (creative madman @ Aug 22 2006, 17:25)
with all the discussion about why and why not for Rockstar games to port VCS to PS2, has there been much (i havnt read the entire topic end-to-end) discussion about the technical feasibility? as i couldnt tell you what the difference between two 3D Graphics processers was, im not the person to explain, but, does anyone know, weather the PS2 would be capable of handling the VCS effects, like lighting, water, etc. i know its a superior machine in over-all capabilities but is there some sort of difference that makes the PSP more capable (lag reduction, more FPS) then the PS2 at creating the visuals required of VCS?

is that the problem?

anyway, with all this talk of boycotting companies becuase of the format they realease THEIR games in, id just like to remind people, as much as we like to personify companies, and be like "Rockstar truly care about us" they dont, haha, i love the GTA franchise, no doubt, so bow. but when a company reachs its quota, the importance stems from the ability to make more money, if they can't be botherd to port an technically obsolete (its a modded version of the VC engine [which in turn is a modded GTA3 Engine] as far as i understand, circa 2001) game to all the formats, we cannot take it so personally, its not like rahkstar2.gif have said "f*ck all the PS2 owners"

and finally, if it is technically feasible, and sales are good, id bet you 5 Euros (funny considering im an Australian....) that it will inevitably get realeased for PS2.....only time will tell...

keep on gamin'

Its not that the PS2 can't handle it, its that VCS has been made to make use of the PSP and that means coding it differently to make use of what it has or lacks over a PS2. It seems this time Rockstar have done everything possible to use the PSP's potential up, the new features being the clue to this. I mean swimming, better weather effects, better water effects and all over a better looking Vice City is what we seem to be getting. Even so I am sure with enough work Rockstar could still port it to PS2 it would just be harder to do.

GrandTheftPants
  • GrandTheftPants

Let's Go For A Joy Ride

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:35 AM

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Answer me that and I'll show you a green dog!!!!

And to let all of you know, you all SUCK the GENITALIA!!!!!
Okay, I'm sorry! I'm trying to liven the moment! Just live with it people! I downloaded VC with a torrent and it screwed up, I'm okay with it! It would be a shame if no porting of a psp VCS to a ps2 happens. But, like many species and generations of people, life keeps going. Please don't kill yourselves over this.

ModMaker135
  • ModMaker135

Vice City Resident

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

Who cares if it is ported to the PS2, this really sounds like a damn war between PSP owners and PS2 owners. If you bought a PSP for GTA you still get heaps of benefits, such as getting the game before PS2 owners, beating it before PS2 owners, and playing it on a portable console. Im not saying every single PS2 owner does not have a ps2 either. Its a rather stupid ramble, and if you care so much as to whether R* releases a PS2 version and you get angry about it, your a moron.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

look like peepz have sed in the topic it ain't been confirmed now why the hell u all arguein over somthin R* haven't confirmed yyyyyyyyeah i am a PS2 owner n i wud be let down if it wosn't ported but at the end of the day its a game n if your gonna get pissed off about it then you gotta grow up n get a life

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 10:53 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 22 August 2006 - 10:59 AM.

Well cry me a f*cking river.

Your arrogant bitching is really starting to piss me off. This isn't even official news, and a bunch of you are acting like it's the end of the f*cking world. I mean, even when it was official news that LCS would be PSP exclusive, it was a load of sh*t.

There will definitely be a PS2 port. Even though I have a PSP, I actually want a PS2 port to be released, and I'm pretty sure it will be. Vice City can't be done justice if it's on a handheld, to be a full fledged GTA, it must be on home console(s) as well. Also, Take-2 could use the profit, they're still recovering from the Hot Coffee thing.

Calm down, and shut up, because LCS(including the brand new engine) was strictly for PSP, and we had a PS2 port for that. 1up is just trying to get any attention they can, they're reaching for any news, any news at all. Do you honestly think R* would just pass up the tremendous PS2 market? If so, then maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone a dumbass, and rather examine your own irrational posts.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

the dudes right

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:42 AM

Anyway, the lesson learned is that you shouldn't take anything as a fact unless Rockstar Games confirms it themselves. The worst is when you come across a message board post where johnny_n00b47 says that Chip at the local EB Games store confirmed that GTA: Bogota is coming to Dreamcast. Even better is when you ask Chip what you should buy for PS2 and he recommends Driv3r.

lol.gif

It would make sense for R* to port it to PS2. If it sells good on PSP, porting it to the PS2 would bring the sales even higher. If it dosent do goon on the PSP, bring it it to the PS2 would boost sales possibly not a huge amout, but probably to make up for the bad PSP sales.

And it is still possible to port it to the PS2 even though the game is "made" for PSP. like GTA3Freak said, it will be harder with all the coding and whatnot, but still possible. Its not as if they are starting the game from scratch just for the PS2.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

well this news doesnt affect me even if its real or fake news because i have a PS2 and a PSP so im sorted biggrin.gif

>PAUL<
  • >PAUL<

Pivot Makes Stick Animation So Easier!

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

ok thanks for the news!

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

I find it terribly funny with all these people bitching about that it's been dubbed "exclusive" by R*. First of all, they said the same thing about LCS and I have that game in my PS2 now. Second, some people are saying that R* once said they'd have absolute exclusives for the PSP. Do you honestly believe that R* will miss the chance to make a nice amount of money for a small amount of work? I don't. Business revolves around money, and that's what this whole fiasco comes down to. Money. R* made a very nice profit with the PS2 release of LCS, and it wasn't alotta work to port it. Some say, "how much profit can they possibly make with a game costing $20 a piece?". Alot, you gotta look at the big picture. Since R* can definitely use the money (they're probably still recovering from the Hot Coffee incident), and even if they had no real reason, why would anyone miss the opportunity to make money? Noobies here are defending the "no port theory" as if R* cares about a sort-of "honor and loyalty" for the PSP crowd. Ask yourself that question, do you really believe that? R* is a business, and a business wants to make money. And if you can make that money, then MAKE THAT F*CKIN' MONEY.
I believe it will get ported, definitely.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

well the fact that rockstar say one thing and do the complte opposite, it will probally end up going on to the PS2 and like evryone said rockstar wont miss the chance to get some moneyinto there pockets. well only time will tell so lets wait and see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users