VCS Will be on PSP ONLY

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic
vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ Aug 21 2006, 15:35)
selling the game at $20 won't get them much profit, and if they constantly port to the ps2 then what the hell is the point in having it "psp exclusive" or even bothering wth the psp at all?

It's all for the money dude. Sure 20 bucks isn't a lot, but when you have Earth + ps2 users + GTA Fans = $$$$$

you have it all wrong.
it would be
Gta Fans-psp users*20-developement cost=pocket change.

it's designed for the psp hardware, so porting it to the ps2 would be more of a challenge since it would require re-doing some things to work.
it'll be more like going from the ps2 to the x-box, it requires a lot more work.

Stuch
  • Stuch

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:08 PM Edited by _Stuch_, 21 August 2006 - 04:11 PM.

QUOTE (vettefan88 @ Aug 21 2006, 15:53)
QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ Aug 21 2006, 15:35)
selling the game at $20 won't get them much profit, and if they constantly port to the ps2 then what the hell is the point in having it "psp exclusive" or even bothering wth the psp at all?

It's all for the money dude. Sure 20 bucks isn't a lot, but when you have Earth + ps2 users + GTA Fans = $$$$$

you have it all wrong.
it would be
Gta Fans-psp users*20-developement cost=pocket change.

At 20 I'm sure Rockstar would be making quite a bit. Setting Development costs aside, Pakaging Costs are very small (eg. Box) Printing the map and manual also cost very very little, and getting the information onto a Disc is well, next to nothing.
So, Profit wise they should be doing great. The only thing is that development costs would eat into their profit, which could inturn be recovered by setting the price very low, which should increase sales and tempt PSP owners to buy the PS2 port because they can.
Or else im thinking to much. Whichever, I'm sure Rockstar are rolling it in.

Jamslice
  • Jamslice

Paramedic Fetus of the East

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (Newbie41 @ Aug 21 2006, 15:42)
Yes.. i was hopeing this to come true..

Anyone who doesnt have one..... im sure if you start saveing you can get one before christmas.. and hopefully get VCS for christmas? Good plan?

There is some other sweet games coming out.. Metal Gear Portable Ops is a Plus in my book.. Mainly because it features Big Boss.. not Solid Snake icon14.gif

explain the logic of this to me please
why were you hoping that it doesn't get ported to another platform?

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Jamslice @ Aug 21 2006, 17:22)
QUOTE (Newbie41 @ Aug 21 2006, 15:42)
Yes.. i was hopeing this to come true..

Anyone who doesnt have one..... im sure if you start saveing you can get one before christmas.. and hopefully get VCS for christmas? Good plan?

There is some other sweet games coming out.. Metal Gear Portable Ops is a Plus in my book.. Mainly because it features Big Boss.. not Solid Snake icon14.gif

explain the logic of this to me please
why were you hoping that it doesn't get ported to another platform?

Presumerbly the same reason Xbox Fans love Halo, becuase it's a great game and it's exclusive to their system.

It's a playground concept, "I have this, you don't, *laughing ensues*"

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

I'm not afraid at all, I believe it will be ported in the near future.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Aug 21 2006, 06:42)
As said above, they said this about LCS. So, I certainly don't think that this is much of a confirmation.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's coming out on the PS2, I'm certain. Any who think that it will be exclusive to psp are new to GTA. Here is a list of GTA games that were announced to be exclusive for their debut systems but that were eventually ported to another system:

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

and now Grand Theft Auto: Vice City stories.

It's coming out on the PS2. They have to say it's not so that they sell a lot of both versions. If they allowed it to be said that it will eventually come out on the PS2 then they would have considerably less VCS PSP sales.

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Aug 21 2006, 18:55)
As said above, they said this about LCS. So, I certainly don't think that this is much of a confirmation.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. It's coming out on the PS2, I'm certain. Any who think that it will be exclusive to psp are new to GTA. Here is a list of GTA games that were announced to be exclusive for their debut systems but that were eventually ported to another system:

Grand Theft Auto III

It's coming out on the PS2. They have to say it's not so that they sell a lot of both versions. If they allowed it to be said that it will eventually come out on the PS2 then they would have considerably less VCS PSP sales.

You hit the nail on the head with that post right there.

azkickin
  • azkickin

I Love Titties

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Aug 21 2006, 18:55)

Grand Theft Auto III

I agree 100% it will come out on PS2. Go to gtavicecitystories.com and read the top aticle (above the one this topic is about). It says R* has not announced such a version yet.

!GOURANGA!
  • !GOURANGA!

420 Time!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Aug 21 2006, 10:58)
QUOTE (victim225 @ Aug 21 2006, 20:24)
You know this really pisses me off at rockstar. Theyve shown their not afraid to port onto the ps2 system from PSP with LCS. But what about Hardcore GTA Fans (Me) That have been with them since the begining that cant afford a $350 dollar PSP because their saving for a PS3 thats coming later this year. It f*cking sh*ts me

If you aren't prepared to buy a PSP for a GTA game then you aren't a hardcore fan.

f*ck you and all the other rich cocksuckers like you. Just because you can afford a PSP does not make you a GTA fan. It does make you a condesending rich bastard. So you can afford a PSP. Good for you. I and many others like me can not. So f*ck you calling me not a real fan. I have been interested in GTA since before it even came out and I saw a preview for it in a gaming magazine. Since then I have bought every version of the game since on the day it came out. Excluding the Gameboy and PSP version of LCS. I did however buy LCS the day it came out on PS2. Because I am a fan. Just not a rich one who can afford to buy a PSP in addition to a PS3. f*ck all of you and f*ck rockstar too if they have no respect for the people and the system that put them on the map. Let all GTA fans enjoy the game not just the ones rich enough to afford a PSP. I have bills you assholes. That little screen gives me a headache. Im a man. When im playing a videogame i want it on a big screen. Im not a boy playing a gameboy in 1992. I like to sit back and play games with my friends... something that cant be done on the PSP. Unless of course they own one too. Its not wrong to own a PSP it is wrong to critisize others that dont.

I love GTA and VC is my favorite one so far. Im really excited for VCS it looks awesome. If I cant play it... I will be very pissed at Rockstar for a long long time.

However 1up news is about as unreliable as unreliable gets. You would be better getting your game previews off of wikipedia then 1up news. They are full of sh*t. So I imagine it will still come out for PS2 because Rockstar doesnt want to alienate and break the loyalty they have created with many of their fans who arent wealthy enough to afford a PSP.

azkickin
  • azkickin

I Love Titties

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 21 2006, 19:22)
You know this really pisses me off at rockstar. Theyve shown their not afraid to port onto the ps2 system from PSP with LCS. But what about Hardcore GTA Fans (Me) That have been with them since the begining that cant afford a $350 dollar PSP because their saving for a PS3 thats coming later this year. It f*cking sh*ts me

If you aren't prepared to buy a PSP for a GTA game then you aren't a hardcore fan.

f*ck you and all the other rich cocksuckers like you. Just because you can afford a PSP does not make you a GTA fan. It does make you a condesending rich bastard. So you can afford a PSP. Good for you. I and many others like me can not. So f*ck you calling me not a real fan. I have been interested in GTA since before it even came out and I saw a preview for it in a gaming magazine. Since then I have bought every version of the game since on the day it came out. Excluding the Gameboy and PSP version of LCS. I did however buy LCS the day it came out on PS2. Because I am a fan. Just not a rich one who can afford to buy a PSP in addition to a PS3. f*ck all of you and f*ck rockstar too if they have no respect for the people and the system that put them on the map. Let all GTA fans enjoy the game not just the ones rich enough to afford a PSP. I have bills you assholes. That little screen gives me a headache. Im a man. When im playing a videogame i want it on a big screen. Im not a boy playing a gameboy in 1992. I like to sit back and play games with my friends... something that cant be done on the PSP. Unless of course they own one too. Its not wrong to own a PSP it is wrong to critisize others that dont.

I love GTA and VC is my favorite one so far. Im really excited for VCS it looks awesome. If I cant play it... I will be very pissed at Rockstar for a long long time.

However 1up news is about as unreliable as unreliable gets. You would be better getting your game previews off of wikipedia then 1up news. They are full of sh*t. So I imagine it will still come out for PS2 because Rockstar doesnt want to alienate and break the loyalty they have created with many of their fans who arent wealthy enough to afford a PSP.

Amen to that! icon14.gif biggrin.gif

ANANAMOOSE
  • ANANAMOOSE

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I must say that I agree with almost all of what you said. A PSP costs a lot of money, especially if I am only going to play one game on it. VCS looks like it will be yet another amazingly good game-I therefoe want to buy it. I can't very well drop 250 bucks to do so though.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

the psp is only 75$ more than a ps2,so i wouldnt call that rich people ,watch out,just save money like a lot of people and i did,is not really that hard ,you know how i buy a xbox 360 and a psp without having to make an effort:

user posted image

save your quarters or work viddy_pirate.gif

topdogkiller
  • topdogkiller

The Unseen

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:09 PM

OHHH I feel sorry for most of you guys praying for it on ps2 and to get backslashed by rahkstar2.gif I actually thought it was going to be ported onto ps2 but i guess they felt it needed to be on psp. I have one thank god so i guess most of you should either get one or steal one. This looks like the best game for 2006 and for the psp.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:23 PM Edited by ATK, 21 August 2006 - 09:25 PM.

Its going to GC or Revolution

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (azkickin @ Aug 21 2006, 15:38)

I second that. I bought a PSP and it wasn't just for GTA. My family really couldn't afford a PSP since it was $250 at the time but she made up some room and bought me one for Christmas.

I wonder what'll be different if VCS was going to be released for PS2 and was announced not to come out for PSP.
Just a thought. music.gif

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (rashon125 @ Aug 21 2006, 16:01)

I second that. I bought a PSP and it wasn't just for GTA. My family really couldn't afford a PSP since it was $250 at the time but she made up some room and bought me one for Christmas.

I wonder what'll be different if VCS was going to be released for PS2 and was announced not to come out for PSP.

but it's only 199.99! haven't you seen the commercials? rolleyes.gif

palaric8
  • palaric8

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (rashon125 @ Aug 21 2006, 22:01)

well...we get the stories titles because rahkstar2.gif and sony have an agreement

psp needs esclusive titles ex:VCS

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

azkickin
  • azkickin

I Love Titties

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (rashon125 @ Aug 21 2006, 22:01)

Well I'm not one of those people who get pissed that a game gets ported to a different system. Like when I heard VC and III was going to get ported to Xbox and PC, I was glad because they are such good games that everyone should be able to play it. I thought that they should have also ported LCS to PC Xbox. I don't see why people get mad, do they not want other people without PSP to not enjoy the game or something. I just don't understand, it's not like they will lose anything or die if it gets ported, but they sure f*ckin' act like it. Or they are just greedy cocksuckers. angry.gif

Jamslice
  • Jamslice

Paramedic Fetus of the East

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

predictably, the people who really want it to stay on psp are children

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Aug 21 2006, 19:25)
QUOTE (zepplincheetah)
but it's only 199.99!  haven't you seen the commercials? rolleyes.gif

If ya read my post, I said I bought it at the time it was $250. I am well-aware that now it costs $199.99.

@azkickin: Great point. icon14.gif

palaric8
  • palaric8

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:28 AM

vcs stories is like saying "halo stories" for the future microsoft xbox handheld system

gta sells psp if the title is ported then less people will buy psp to play vcs

gouranga:if you cant afford a psp sorry for you,it seems you are going to miss gta IV too
"hardcore gta gamer"
rahkstar2.gif : oh he cant afford a 360 lets make a ps2 port for gta IV! so he doenst miss all the action!

!GOURANGA!
  • !GOURANGA!

420 Time!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

You dumbass. If you had a reading level above the fourth grade and read my entire post, as opposed to just skimming through it, you would have read that I cant afford to both buy a psp and save for the ps3. Its one or the other. I work hard 5-6 days a week. I have bills coming out of my ass. I have people to support. Im not a 17 year old kid whos entire check goes to himself. I cant afford a psp on top of saving for the ps3 and paying my bills and putting food in the fridge. That simple. Im an enormous GTA fan. I have been playing the series since before most of you even knew what GTA was. It upsets me that Rockstar wouldnt want all their fans to be able to enjoy the game considering that we were the ones that made them wealthy enough to even expand the game beyond the PS2 and the trilogy let alone GTA-GTA2.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 22 2006, 05:52)

I wasn't talking about myself, if you noticed victim made the comment about being a hardcore GTA fan yet he wouldn't buy a specific console to play a GTA game. If you are cocky enough to go around saying you are a "Hardcore" fan then you are a hypocrite to say you won't buy a console just to play the latest GTA game on was my point. Where did I state that I am a hardcore fan because I own a PSP? Don't put words in my mouth when I was merely making a social comment.

I am not saying this info is 100% proof that it won't go to PS2, it just lowers the chance of a PS2 port as from what we know about VCS its making use of every bit of resource the PSP has and will be better then LCS so porting to another platform is a harder to do and may not be worth Rockstar's time or money.

Malanga
  • Malanga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:54 AM

You people are acting very arrogant towards this. I bought a PSP just for LCS on christmas with very hard work and effort. Eventually I liked the handheld and I bought Socom for PSP to have some fun with online playing. I use it to carry on pics, music and other stuff with me. I wish I had the money to buy a bigger memory stick. The handheld is good but many people cant afford it. When LCS was announced for the PS2, I got pissed because I could have waited a couple of months more to come out in June and didnt had to spend $300 dollars just to play the game. But now I dont regret buying a PSP because is a great system with many functions and things to do. But when LCS came out to PS2, I couldnt resist the price and I rushed to get my copy. I was amazed on how good it looked on the big screen and it personally increased the replay value of the game for me. I prefer playing it on PS2 rather than on the PSP because I like laying down on my sofa and feel comfortable with the A/C turned on with the lights off with the great PS2 controller in my hands with my big screen with good 5.1 surrond sound. Is a great experience wink.gif . So to all of you who say that VCS should be kept a PSP exclusive, I tell you to open your minds a bit and let good gamers around the world with low wealth who cant afford having a PSP, get the chance to get VCS on the PS2. I will personally be there at my local EBGames in October 17 to get my PSP copy. And if VCS is announced and released on the PS2, I will be very happy because tons of people will be able to get their hands on it and I know that I will enjoy this game more on the PS2 than on the PSP. Hell! I'm so exited about this game that after 2 years of beating Vice City, I started beating it again to %100 3 nights ago with the trails off from the begining.

Those are my two cents and sorry for my bad english. I hope to get a response smile.gif

Sinful
  • Sinful

Still, I show my face up here.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:04 AM

What a crap... But what makes this 'psp exclusive' title different from the lcs title? I mean, they said the same thing about lcs... don't they?
well, at least I hope some good soul make a mod for VC =P

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 21 2006, 19:27)
You dumbass. If you had a reading level above the fourth grade and read my entire post, as opposed to just skimming through it, you would have read that I cant afford to both buy a psp and save for the ps3. Its one or the other. I work hard 5-6 days a week. I have bills coming out of my ass. I have people to support. Im not a 17 year old kid whos entire check goes to himself. I cant afford a psp on top of saving for the ps3 and paying my bills and putting food in the fridge. That simple. Im an enormous GTA fan. I have been playing the series since before most of you even knew what GTA was. It upsets me that Rockstar wouldnt want all their fans to be able to enjoy the game considering that we were the ones that made them wealthy enough to even expand the game beyond the PS2 and the trilogy let alone GTA-GTA2.

That's why they will release this on the PS2, just as they did with LCS. They don't forget about folks like you who aren't up to their eyeballs in cash, smile.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:48 AM

Doesn't hurt me.
biggrin.gif
I was one of the few who wanted ONLY a PSP for Christmas for LCS.
It was definately worth giving up all that other sh*t coming out that I wanted.
tounge.gif
Besides, the PS2 LCS was sh*tty compared to the PSP version.
Even if you didn't have the CheatDevice for PSP.
Like I didn't have it when I rented the PS2 version.
You could clearly tell it wasn't meant for PS2.

biggestloser
  • biggestloser

i <3 felicia

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:04 AM

I swear to god if I hear: "Go buy a PSP" one more f*cking time I'll kill someone. None of you dumbasses seem to realize that some of us don't have the money to afford one right now, and that's what pisses me off about you insensitive pieces of crap.

Anyway, this is premature of R*. Does anyone remember when they announced the PS2 version of LCS? If the PSP can handle the game, then the PS2 can as well - no doubt about it. If they're designing it scrictly for PSP and not porting it to PS2, then they're basically giving away their money. R* doesn't make money off of PSP - they make money off of the games. Why should they care about Sony's profits? If Sony gets rich, perhaps they'll drop the price of PS3 a hundred bucks, but I don't care and R* shouldn't either. It's business, and business is all about money.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (Sinful @ Aug 22 2006, 12:34)
What a crap... But what makes this 'psp exclusive' title different from the lcs title? I mean, they said the same thing about lcs... don't they?
well, at least I hope some good soul make a mod for VC =P

The difference here is that Rockstar have supposedly said that due to technical issues its not feasible to port it to PS2.

Newbie41
  • Newbie41

/ -Adio- \

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (!GOURANGA! @ Aug 21 2006, 11:22)

Dude, no offense... but every time i see one of your posts.. your yelling and curseing at a person to let stress out..

I understand if you cant afford a PSP but it doesnt mean you need to rip that guys head off

So your not going to buy a PSP... Ok.. thats fine...

But i stongly suggest that why you wait a year for VCS... you take anger management classes.... it will help your life out icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users