» «
Photo

Jack Thompson Bullies Wal-mart

35 replies to this topic
Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:54 AM Edited by Jordan, 18 August 2006 - 04:56 AM.

Wal-mart has dropped all pre-orders for the upcoming Rockstar game Bully. While you can no longer find the game with their search engine, you can see the page right here:

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=3942977

A few days ago, Jack Thompson sent a letter to Wal-mart trying to get them to not support the game. Thompson is a seriously misguided man, but with good intentions. There's nothing wrong with trying to keep a seriously violent game out of the hands of small children, but he's got two things wrong.

First, it is not a seriously violent game. Second, this is the same man who once said that he is out to "destroy Rockstar." That crosses the line. GTA III and its counter-parts changed video games forever, and one man wants to destroy its makers. It seems, for now, that a huge corporation (Wal-mart) has been bullied around by this lawyer.

I really wish that Rockstar would "push back." They've been poked at and hit by crap for almost ten years. However, they've stood back and stayed professional. I called Wal-mart to confirm all of this, and they did just that. Wouldn't we all laugh so hard at Thompson if the game got a "T for Teen" rating? Stay tuned.

http://www.theregist...bully_wal-mart/
http://planetgrandth...ry.php?id=84666

Sad.

Sly_Madman
  • Sly_Madman

Dripping with coolness.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:03 AM

f*ck Wal Mart. They have never been any good anyway.

Tom Hagan
  • Tom Hagan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:29 AM

Rockstar loves pissing off Jack, but seriously, f*ck wal-mart. I doubt they can do that with EB Games, or any other game stores.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:38 AM

The seriously f*cked up thing is, they'd never do that to GTA. GTA has probably made them millions, especially when GTA 3 and Vice City were games that would make people buy PS2s. I really hope this game will kickass, so it becomes a new phenomenom, makes millions, and pisses Wal-Mart off because they didn't sell it. They'll be pissed. They'll be pissed at Jack Thompson. Thus showing them not to listen to dipsh*ts with an agenda.

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:56 AM

sign-thompson.gif anuj_cop.gif
Doesn't WalMart know little jacky has been discredited, even thrown out of a courtroom?
And yeah, f*ck WalMart, I bought a cd there once, and it was censored, and then they didn't want to return it. 'tards.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

Jack Thompson is really going to far here. The level of his ignorance defys belief, I just can't wait for the announcement that this game is T for Teen lol.gif

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• None

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:21 AM

Bad news for Wal-Mart, good news for Gamestop.

Runestoner
  • Runestoner

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:53 AM

f*ck Wal Mart. I was threatedned to be thrown out of a Wal Mart for seeing if a basketball had enough air, but on topic, I wasnt going to buy it from Wal Mart anyway, so no worries here..Best Buy for me...you don't have to wait for the person to unlock the damn case there. smile.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

Does this mean places such as ASDA in the UK won't sell the game either, as i believe they are owned by Wal-mart.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

What a real asswipe. What a worm.

This mofo needs to die already, if gamers actually were all murderers, as this jag-off claims, then he'd be dead by now.

And who buys games from Walmart anyway? Sheesh.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:27 AM

Now woulden't it be funny if JT gets caught rbbing Walmart
*adds this Ideas to list of Evil Plans* Mwahahahaha!

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Rob. @ Aug 18 2006, 09:05)
Does this mean places such as ASDA in the UK won't sell the game either, as i believe they are owned by Wal-mart.

Nah, as ASDAs english it goes by our laws and bully will get the 18 rating, so it'll be all okay here smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:03 AM

I reckon Rockstar should bring out some fun little children's game that has no violence or anything that could be not for children just to see if JT would try and find something wrong with it and cause problems.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

should do that xmas.gif

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (grandthefter @ Aug 18 2006, 22:07)
QUOTE (Rob. @ Aug 18 2006, 09:05)

Nah, as ASDAs english it goes by our laws and bully will get the 18 rating, so it'll be all okay here smile.gif

Wal Mart owns ASDA mate. Have since 2002. My big sis can remember the changes they made during the takeover.

Anyway, JT is a f*cktard. I really don't give a sh*t about Wal Mart. Besides Middle Class America doesn't need the sh*tty crap sold there. Support a store devoted to Video/Computer Games.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

I'm glad to hear that the UK isn't effected. biggrin.gif Who's really going to go to ASDA to buy this anyways? Ok, maybe a lot of people but i'll be going to GAME or Gamestation to get my copy.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

Gaaah. Why doesn't he just take a few minutes to do some actual f*cking research?

What a tw*t.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:30 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 18 August 2006 - 04:01 PM.

Because as soon as he hears the name Rockstar he immediately thinks: "Thi$ game i$ going to be filled with $en$ele$$ violence, and it$ going to corrupt our nation$ kid$, who look at videogame$ a$ reality."

Minus the "Thi game i going to be filled with enele violence, and it going to corrupt our nation kid, who look at videogame a reality."
(everything but the dollar signs)

Blinded by the loot!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 August 2006 - 03:57 PM

Jack Thimpson is trying to stop Rockstar? Most soccer-mom's would agree with him so if Rockstar is no more, me and million's of people would be pissed.

I dont really like Wal-Mart (I prefer buying from Future Shop or EB Game's), so it does not matter much to me.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, Wal-mart is total sh*t.
People should try to buy games from stores that specialize in games, and wont be swayed by some asshole on a crusade.
(that kinda rhymed)

Hey Mr., thats a funny bunny!^

GM Dude
  • GM Dude

Back in da hizzouse, ya'll!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

This guy is going to ruin the American conservative image.
He doesn't speak for the rest of us.
Will the whiny-ass soccer moms and simpletons he's siding with just shut the hell up?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

I really hate this old f*cker for what he's trying to do to Rockstar and the whole gaming industry and community. And he's probably thinking the people like him for what he's doing.

This old bitch is close to his death anyway, so he's probably going crazy because of it.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:50 PM

Sounds like he doesn't want kids to get this game so they will learn to bully other kids at school. Yet, he's bullying Wal-Mart around, lolhypocrite.

>PAUL<
  • >PAUL<

Pivot Makes Stick Animation So Easier!

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

Jack Thompson has obviously never played
these games some one needs to kidnap him
and make him play Manhunt/GTA then he will
see the fun

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (>PAUL< @ Aug 18 2006, 14:16)
Jack Thompson has obviously never played
these games some one needs to kidnap him
and make him play Manhunt/GTA then he will
see the fun

You mean, he'll say the kidnappers trained on GTA or Rockstar table tennis, or some other game he's never played.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:30 AM

What an old turd. I never buy games from Wal-Mart, but they do ofteh have hard to find toys there for my little bro. Thats the only reason I go there. Our nearest Wal-Mart is so ghetto that it even puts Ganton to shame.

Now, going a lil' bot offtopic, and I know it would be incredibly hateful to do this, but when he dies someone should engrave "wasted" on his tombstone.

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

I read just a few weeks ago that he was trying to sue Take-Two for not giving him a pre-release of bully...

Has he actually got to play the game yet? Or did he just convince Wally world that it will be pure evil, with no actual evidence of its evilness?

skatingfreak666
  • skatingfreak666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:19 AM Edited by skatingfreak666, 19 August 2006 - 07:22 AM.

heres a few words and i f*cking hope that JT c*nt is on this site sooking about GTA, Jack come on and suck my balls u f*cked c*nt if i ever meet you ill f*cking kill u.

For all we know is, he gets someone to buy the game from somewrre and plays it at home like a big GTA fan. Even if he does, he has no right to take GTA/Bully of the shelves... Its not for children anyway.. It's an adults game, if a child plays it they can, but not good for them.. He should start acting mature and join us.. and see whats better for him. I hate his guts.

Edit: I hope he gets bashed on the street by Leslie Benzies or someone who hates him. I hope a rapist rapes him.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 19 August 2006 - 07:31 AM Edited by Sweets, 19 August 2006 - 08:12 AM.

I'm a cock gobbler and I love to gobble cock.
QUOTE (skatingfreak666 @ Aug 19 2006, 03:19)
heres a few words and i f*cking hope that JT c*nt is on this site sooking about GTA, Jack come on and suck my balls u f*cked c*nt if i ever meet you ill f*cking kill u.

*snip*

I hope a rapist rapes him.

I am completely dumbfounded by your eloquence. icon14.gif

I think JT is a moron, but I can understand Wal-mart's reaction. Until it's been rated they do need to be careful who they sell it to. In some places (where they can be fined for selling to minors) the losses resulting from being fined would outweigh any profits made from selling the games.

Something like this could be avoided by simply assuming that the game would be released with the highest rating, then requiring some sort of proof of age. Though it would be a bit of a pain in the ass for them, and Wal-Mart tends to go out of it's way to keep a somewhat "family friendly" image. As long as it isn't rated AO, they'll probably sell it, but most likely not until after it's been rated.

Meh, it still seems pretty stupid.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

i love the one sided comment of
Thompson is a seriously misguided man, but with good intentions

wonderful, wonderful journalism. dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users