[REL|0.9 BETA] GTA:FPS

58 replies to this topic
MoeRonimoe
  • MoeRonimoe

I write the songs that make the young girls cry

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

Changing weapons and running in 1st person :>

: and maybe getting into cars while in 1st person ... making real drive bys ... in 1st person

biggrin.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

Running at present already works as in 3rd person. Changing weapons is very much under consideration. The problem is one of button configuration. I was thinking of putting running under the L1 button, so that it is possible to run, steer, and shoot at the same time. However, I intend to implement firing modi in the next version (single shot, burst, full auto) and I need at least 1 button for that. Then I also intend to require manual reload of weapons (as in most ego shooters), which will cost another buttton. Then there has been a request for enabling jumps in fps mode. To make a long story short: I have yet to decide on a control set-up.

However, and this is where you people come in, if you have any suggestions for how to set-up controls, feel free to post it in this topic. I surely will take all of your suggestions into consideration.

As to fps mode while inside of vehicles... I'll make the source code available on version 1.0. Anybody will then be able to make their extensions to it as they see fit (if they can do assembler smile.gif ).

Alex

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 May 2007 - 10:36 PM

I'm installing this now, this will be so cool with the halo Mater Chief skin!!

Halo gta ftw!

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hope the mod worked just fine for you.

I got an update about the next version:

- the next version will feature as its main feature selective fire. Any number of rounds per burst (in burst mode) from 1 to 7 will be available. Of course also single shot and full auto.
- weapon change in fps mode will be available if so desired by the user (thru the .cfg). Buttons: L2 and R2, as usual.
- jumping will very likely be implemented. However since the jump button collides with the jump button, jumps are planned at this point to be triggered by hitting the jump button *and* pressing forward.
- about seeing the weapons aiming at targets in fps mode all the time - I have implemented a mixed feature: after firing a gun, the gun will keep aiming for a few moments... unless you abort that by pressing some button. If you keep firing, the gun will keep being aimed, of course.
- manual reload of weapons is supposed to be included too (via triangle button)
- running has been assigned to a second button: L1. This allows running, steering and shooting with relative ease.
- maybe I get around to implement weapon accuracy (in MoA) too, we'll see.

Selective Fire is already rudimentarily implemented, as well as weapon changes. So I still have quite a few things to code, don't know when it will be released. smile.gif

Alex

Nothke
  • Nothke

Architect

• Members

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

I downloaded the mod, but, Vice City? No, I haven't got Vice at the moment. You say that it's hard to make FPS for San Andreas, and that you need to start it from scrach, but is it possible to do it for GTA3?

Also, if it's a little help: there is fps mod for vehicles, It's called "sa camera hack", or something like that. It's speedometer mod, but it also features several added new views. One of them is fps where you can see the steering wheel in front of you. But the mod is not used while on foot. So I'm asking: Is it possible to move the camera for one of the views on foot (there are 3 in SA: far, normal, and near), or add one more view, in which the camera will be in players head, so you would be able to look like fps? smile.gif

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (Nothke @ Jun 6 2007, 21:05)
I downloaded the mod, but, Vice City? No, I haven't got Vice at the moment. You say that it's hard to make FPS for San Andreas, and that you need to start it from scrach, but is it possible to do it for GTA3?

Same here. But GTA:FPS is fully GTA:LC compatible. If you ever get Vice City, you should check out that mod. It has its own forum in here under Hosted Mods.

Also, if it's a little help: there is fps mod for vehicles, It's called "sa camera hack", or something like that. It's speedometer mod, but it also features several added new views. One of them is fps where you can see the steering wheel in front of you. But the mod is not used while on foot. So I'm asking: Is it possible to move the camera for one of the views on foot (there are 3 in SA: far, normal, and near), or add one more view, in which the camera will be in players head, so you would be able to look like fps?  smile.gif

After some further modding I don't think fps mode in vehicles isn't all that difficult. Don't know if I should implement it though. I am not very interested in it myself but if there is sufficient demand for it, I might include an option in the config.

Beyond that I considering to move the firing button to L1 - so that it is easier to aim and fire (aim with right thumb, fire with left index finger), which is easier than aiming and firing with R stick and R1. Selective firing is basically implement as of now. I need to do some bug fixes and to implement some icon in the weapons icon which displays what firing mode is selected. Then I will implement a few minor additions too and we'll have a new release in a few weeks. And the release after that will feature *gasp* new weapons (yes, not replacing new weapons but adding loads of them). smile.gif

But to return to your questions: are you asking about the VC engine? I think it is possible but the GTA:FPS mod opts for a different solution - it makes the camera toggle in and out of that via the R1 button. So there's no point in adding another view because it is already available via R1. See the screenshots on the GTA:FPS page on gtagarage.com.

Alex

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

Okay, this topic needs a serious bump.

I have a new version, a *major version number*, coming up in the next few weeks. Most of the stuff is already coded.

Features will include but not be limited to:

- configurable bursts (3 rounds or 2 or more than that)
- fully throwable thrown weapons in fps (grenades fly according to button press length and *camera angle*, as in any fps)
- configurabe gun accuracy in moa (minutes of angle)
- jumping in fps mode
- left/right + jumping can be configured to trigger an emergency dive for dodging
- weapon slot changes in fps mode can be allowed
- various fixes as well as a number of features that I've forgot right about now probably - ah, yeah manual reload can be configured, for example too.

I also got some special other feature that I am still coding on - we'll see about that.

More later...

Alex

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

wow sounds awesome, ive always wished there would be a way to throw nades at a different angle

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:18 PM

Hmm, gonna try the new release out. Just a question... is there a way to make tommy able to move forward and backwards when he's crouching?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jan 7 2008, 13:18)
Hmm, gonna try the new release out. Just a question... is there a way to make tommy able to move forward and backwards when he's crouching?

It's not finished and relased yet. It's going to take some time.

Yes in theory it is possible - with the help of gta:ma and the adding of animations. it would be easy to take the crouch move animations from GTA:SA and add them to VC with GTA:MA. But to actually make the game use them, would be quite more difficult.

Alex

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

Looks great. Does fps camera work in cars also, like in Camhack?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Jan 7 2008, 18:20)
Looks great. Does fps camera work in cars also, like in Camhack?

I've never bothered to do that but it could be done. The intent of the mod was to bring a new dimension to those who play GTA VC on the PC a new dimension to the game - an ego-shooter modus instead of the usual shooting gameplay.

The release of the next version is going to be a delayed a bit since I currently focus on making sense out of the PS2 LCS model format so it's going to take a few weeks until the next version comes out, perhaps. Depends on whether somebody can figure out the LCS uv coordinates for me or not. smile.gif

Alex

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

Double-post but necessary since I have been asked for permission in pm. smile.gif

If I haven't made it sufficiently clear yet:

All of my mods are open for use by any other modder without asking me for permission or crediting me. The only line I'd draw is if someone would use them to promote facism, pedophilia or something on that level.

Alex

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:04 AM

do u know what changes there will be in the next version or rougly when it will be released?
i am happy to help you with any of it, though my modding talents are quite low.

i'd really love to see this mod complete where once you trigger first person, you will stay in first person until you leave (switching weapons in FP, getting into cars...etc)

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (m裣 @ Apr 24 2008, 07:04)
do u know what changes there will be in the next version or rougly when it will be released?
i am happy to help you with any of it, though my modding talents are quite low.

i'd really love to see this mod complete where once you trigger first person, you will stay in first person until you leave (switching weapons in FP, getting into cars...etc)

To quote myself from the post above:

Features will include but not be limited to:

- configurable bursts (3 rounds or 2 or more than that)
- fully throwable thrown weapons in fps (grenades fly according to button press length and *camera angle*, as in any fps)
- configurabe gun accuracy in moa (minutes of angle)
- jumping in fps mode
- left/right + jumping can be configured to trigger an emergency dive for dodging
- weapon slot changes in fps mode can be allowed
- various fixes as well as a number of features that I've forgot right about now probably - ah, yeah manual reload can be configured, for example too.

Maybe I'll even include 3d muzzle flashes... maybe. wink.gif

As for what you mentioned... switching weapons in FP is already implemented. Staying in FPS when entering a vehicle is not, although I think you can change the vehicle camera to sort of fp.

As for the release... I would like to first update VC:Traffic. Next release is going to take some time still.

Alex

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:59 PM Edited by m裣, 27 April 2008 - 05:14 PM.

thanks for the info, but would you be able to tell me what your controls are for switching weapons and such because in first person "q" is for sprint whereas i use shift normaly, so im assuming switching weapons will also be differnt (which is why i didn't realise it was implemented). if this can be changed, can you tell me how? i don't know how to open the .asi file so if its in there i'll need step by step instructions.

with the fp vehicle, i meant u do not need to exit fp to enter, and when u exit fp will activate. i dont mind driving the car with default fp.

any help is very much appreciated.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

Sorry for the kind of bump, but is there any possibility that, in FPS mode, the weapon stays in "shooting" animation? because most weapons are only seen when they are shooting.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ May 1 2008, 02:59)
Sorry for the kind of bump, but is there any possibility that, in FPS mode, the weapon stays in "shooting" animation? because most weapons are only seen when they are shooting.

The version I am working on has a burst modus. In this modus, the weapon (arm(s)) keep aiming for a few moment after the shot, then they revert to the normal idle animation, unless more shots are being fired. I haven't extended this to full auto firing though.

Why? Well, what you can do is to change the armed idle animation(s). This has nothing to do with the mod (the .asi) directly. These are the animations that the game returns to after firing. You can for example create a new walk_style with GTA:Martial Arts and set this one for all desired actors/peds (for example the player actor and the swat peds).

Alex

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

any answers for my questions?

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

Um, question:

Does this mod work if you don't have a Controller/Joystick thing?

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (The Kirbster @ May 10 2008, 21:21)
Um, question:

Does this mod work if you don't have a Controller/Joystick thing?

Yes, it does. You can play with keyboard+mouse. Although it is *meant* for joypad gameplay, it can be played without. Upcoming versions will probably be tougher to play with keyboard + mouse though because I have to make use of button combinations to add functionality.

Alex

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

This mod works great, even with the Keyboard and Mouse! I love shooting in First-Person Mode, but it's a bit annoying that the targeting reticle shifts around when I shoot. (In the normal Standard Controls in 3rd Person Mode, the targeting reticle doesn't move at all, making the guns extremely accurate.)

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

This thing is being called *recoil*. smile.gif In the GTA3 generation games, all the weapons that could shoot by default in first person had some form of recoil. So all weapons that can shot in fp mode with this mod have analogous recoil by default.

You can change the set-up of weapons, eliminating recoil in the .cfg file.

Be warned however: my mod doesn't tolerate errors in .cfg so it's easy to mess things up causing the game to crash on start-up. Backup the .cfg file before messing with it. But you can eliminate or manipulate recoil with it and a host of other things too.

Just set columns F and G of the weapon data to 0 and the corresponding weapon will have no recoil anymore. But remember that the .cfg is very touchy to handle. Don't add blank lines, etc or else it will fail. Just change the numbers.

Alex

PS You will note that fp shotgun firing is inaccurate when firing high upwards or low downwards. That is beign fixed for the next version.

m裣
  • m裣

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

would you be able to tell me what your controls are for switching weapons and such because in first person "q" is for sprint whereas i use shift normaly, so im assuming switching weapons will also be differnt (which is why i didn't realise it was implemented). if this can be changed, can you tell me how? i don't know how to open the .asi file so if its in there i'll need step by step instructions.

skumo
  • skumo

Spartan Mind

• Members

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for this Mod, really good work =), i Hope that you continue it in future

Razor1096
  • Razor1096

I'm the one that everyone hates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

would you add running and jumping?

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

This mod is so awesome! I just found it in GTA Garage.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:26 PM

I do have a newer version sitting on my hard drives for years now, I just never got around to cleaning it up and publishing it. Maybe when my exams are over in 2 weeks or so.

Alex

Sidoarjo_Modder
  • Sidoarjo_Modder

【=◈‿◈=】

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

one of the best mod on VC biggrin.gif
did you preparing the newer version ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users