Photo

very new at this, can you help me?

6 replies to this topic
thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

Tarkers: Protection Racketeer

• Members

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:52 AM

hi, i have really liked these mods& i have seen awsome stuff on youtube. ivebeensearching for hours & i came to this site.

i want to download cars,buildings & whatnot, but im getting confused. can someone very clearly walk me through this? i'm not very smart with technical words & all, so please helpme.

p.s. i have read the tutorials but im still pretty confused. thanx to anyone that can help.

offthewall
  • offthewall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

What game do you plan on modding?

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (offthewall @ Aug 6 2006, 05:43)
What game do you plan on modding?

i wanna start modding gta: sa for the pc.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

you need version 1.0, no other version is fully moddable at this time.

Now, files come with read me's, those are all you need to know.

If you are not AUTHORING mods and are only using downloadable mods, then there is not much to know other than that which is easy. Trust me, it's not hard at all. I could go through the process of many types of mods, but any good mods contain good read me's that say as much as if not more what I would be able to say. have fun smile.gif

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 06 August 2006 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Aug 6 2006, 22:26)
you need version 1.0, no other version is fully moddable at this time.

Now, files come with read me's, those are all you need to know.

If you are not AUTHORING mods and are only using downloadable mods, then there is not much to know other than that which is easy. Trust me, it's not hard at all. I could go through the process of many types of mods, but any good mods contain good read me's that say as much as if not more what I would be able to say. have fun smile.gif

so all i needa do is read the read mes? it will tell me everything?

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:48 AM

you will need an img editor for most mods, use !spark. It does very important things automatically, and it is wonderful for noobs.

Whenever you have to replace a DAT file, or any file for that matter, always backup the originals! Especially when making your own mods tounge.gif

But yea, the read me's should tell you everything. If not, simply downloading a mod that has a similar effect to the ones you want to apply will often result in much better readme info, applyable to your chosen mod directly.

Yes, ReadMe's are there for a reason.

Not a flame here, but if people read the ReadMe that CAME with SA there'd be a million less troubleshooting topics... Especially those for the User Tracks.

And you must use the PC version to mod...

Basically, say you want a new texture on your hydra. There are many of those mods about, so guessing one or two are sh*tty readmes while the others are good, as an example. So...

A blue hydra might have a read me that says:

CODE

This is my new uber mod that took no time at all, bitch!

Install and enjoy!

Which doesnt help us, does it? tounge.gif

Where as, the other, albeit much better constructed example of a read me, for say a camo or another color hydra might say:

CODE

Thanks for downloading!

Author: Random TXD Noob

I have no connection to Rockstar Games, Take two, etc etc

I take no responsibilty for f*cking up your game, make BACKUPS!

Installation:

1) Open your IMG archiver (I recomend spark from Aru)

2) Load up the GTA3.IMG (located in Rockstar games\GTA San Andreass\Models)

3) import the the included HYDRA.TXD (if you are using spark, you can drag and drop)

4) Rebuild the archive and close it (spark is just close, hit save changes, and it auto-rebuilds)

5) start the game and enjoy!

Now, the Search feature here is usually disabled and I am speeding through the forums to get my fix of this lovely place before I must leave and go home for the night, so I cannot be assed out to find you a link for spark, BUT google works for everything... sooo...

Do a google of---> onsite:gtaforums.com "another img editor"

If it doesnt yield a perfect match, leave out the onsite:gtaforums. You'll find aru's topic in no time.

If you want to make your own mods, simply revisit GTAGarage.com and look through the tools and find one that suits your needs, and I think TXD Workshop is only available at gtatools.com.

Helped at all? Have fun! smile.gif

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (dertyjerzian @ Aug 7 2006, 01:48)
you will need an img editor for most mods, use !spark. It does very important things automatically, and it is wonderful for noobs.

Whenever you have to replace a DAT file, or any file for that matter, always backup the originals! Especially when making your own mods tounge.gif

But yea, the read me's should tell you everything. If not, simply downloading a mod that has a similar effect to the ones you want to apply will often result in much better readme info, applyable to your chosen mod directly.

Yes, ReadMe's are there for a reason.

Not a flame here, but if people read the ReadMe that CAME with SA there'd be a million less troubleshooting topics... Especially those for the User Tracks.

And you must use the PC version to mod...

Basically, say you want a new texture on your hydra. There are many of those mods about, so guessing one or two are sh*tty readmes while the others are good, as an example. So...

A blue hydra might have a read me that says:

CODE

This is my new uber mod that took no time at all, bitch!

Install and enjoy!

Which doesnt help us, does it? tounge.gif

Where as, the other, albeit much better constructed example of a read me, for say a camo or another color hydra might say:

CODE

Thanks for downloading!

Author: Random TXD Noob

I have no connection to Rockstar Games, Take two, etc etc

I take no responsibilty for f*cking up your game, make BACKUPS!

Installation:

1) Open your IMG archiver (I recomend spark from Aru)

2) Load up the GTA3.IMG (located in Rockstar games\GTA San Andreass\Models)

3) import the the included HYDRA.TXD (if you are using spark, you can drag and drop)

4) Rebuild the archive and close it (spark is just close, hit save changes, and it auto-rebuilds)

5) start the game and enjoy!

Now, the Search feature here is usually disabled and I am speeding through the forums to get my fix of this lovely place before I must leave and go home for the night, so I cannot be assed out to find you a link for spark, BUT google works for everything... sooo...

Do a google of---> onsite:gtaforums.com "another img editor"

If it doesnt yield a perfect match, leave out the onsite:gtaforums. You'll find aru's topic in no time.

If you want to make your own mods, simply revisit GTAGarage.com and look through the tools and find one that suits your needs, and I think TXD Workshop is only available at gtatools.com.

Helped at all? Have fun! smile.gif

thanks.

if there is that !spark thing, why do some people manually do it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users