» «
Photo

Vice City in San Andreas

22 replies to this topic
Orion05
  • Orion05

::>me<::

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:22 PM Edited by Orion05, 02 August 2006 - 02:31 PM.

Ok, i know that this sounds crazy, and im not sure whether people ever tried to make it. In fakt, im not even sure whether its possible at all.
My idea is to modify both san andreas and vice city and import the entire map of vice city o san andreas. they'll connected via bridges and/or tunnels. I'll post this map to illustrate my idea so you know how i mean it exactly.

Preview Map

I hope you'll respond and tell me what you think: possible ... or not? If it is possible, id really like to create it. Unfortunately, im not very experienced, and am a complete newbie in mapping, so i hope more experienced modders do also want to have a vice city-san andreas 2in1 mod. Thx for interest

btw: not sure whether this is in the right forum, if not please move. thx

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:22 PM Edited by Mc-Kay, 02 August 2006 - 03:29 PM.

QUOTE (Orion05 @ Aug 2 2006, 07:22)
Ok, i know that this sounds crazy, and im not sure whether people ever tried to make it. In fakt, im not even sure whether its possible at all.
My idea is to modify both san andreas and vice city and import the entire map of vice city o san andreas. they'll connected via bridges and/or tunnels. I'll post this map to illustrate my idea so you know how i mean it exactly.

Preview Map

I hope you'll respond and tell me what you think: possible ... or not? If it is possible, id really like to create it. Unfortunately, im not very experienced, and am a complete newbie in mapping, so i hope more experienced modders do also want to have a vice city-san andreas 2in1 mod. Thx for interest

Read: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=252244

This idea isn't new, and it can't be done with the SA map because there isn't enough ID's aswell as the boundry map limits (Map area isnt bigger enough)

There are teams out there that are working on a VC standalone version for the SA Engine.

But in future I would point out that it's best to do a search first for the information before you post;

Google 'GTA SA Vice City'

Edit- Vice City on SA Engine

Orion05
  • Orion05

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

Ok, thx for fast reply, and yes i should have searched before, sry anuj_cop.gif
Mhh, but could it be possile to pack the VC map under the SA map like one of the building interieurs, and link the maps with some kind of teleporter? I heared a lot about people trying to remove this id limit, so in theory it wouldnt be impossible forever, right?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Orion05 @ Aug 2 2006, 08:30)
Ok, thx for fast reply, and yes i should have searched before, sry  anuj_cop.gif
Mhh, but could it be possile to pack the VC map under the SA map like one of the building interieurs, and link the maps with some kind of teleporter? I heared a lot about people trying to remove this id limit, so in theory it wouldnt be impossible forever, right?

nop, VC has 4130 IDE Objects mapped.

SA only has 5 free IDE's

keep_out
  • keep_out

San Andreas lover

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

So it would be easier to put SA into VC...

Orion05
  • Orion05

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:44 PM

no, works vice versa, i guess: vice city has also just a few ids free, and even if it would work, what good would it do? you cant use the new sa features like swimming etc. and the cars are different, too. SA in VC is no very good idea. By the way, SA uses a different engine, right?

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

Thread under yours http://www.gtaforums...=200363&st=2400

Your see im putting SA into VC..

gage-1993
  • gage-1993

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

wat i think will be better is you take the plane to vice city so it sticks more to the realism

CthulhuFhtagn
  • CthulhuFhtagn

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:56 AM

Meh. Why? There is San Vice. Two copies of SA - one with San Vice, one with SA - just as good.

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 November 2007 - 07:40 PM

There is also Gostown which i installed and made my PC puke over.
The graphical quality of that mod is f*cking fantacular. VC is included,
re-vamped, and beautiful. Be sure to ask the team if you plan on
using it for anything. You can find their thread in the modding showroom,
under the maps section.

-derty

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

Whats wrong with San Andreas limit Adjuster? I have added approx. 37 new models with own IDE line and col etc without removing unused objects.

I'm sure its possible to have Vice city and San Andreas in the same engine the only thing that wont happen just yet is to fit it within the borders.

Two things we can do for that create a tunnel leading under san andreas wich is what i have done for my map or create teleporters to go up and place vice city above san andreas.

Edit: oh and still counting with the 37 models biggrin.gif

technomusicrocks
  • technomusicrocks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

would it be possible to remove the countryside and desert in san andreas and replace them with lc and vc?

javi13
  • javi13

Doa backflip

• Members

Posted 23 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

I think GTA United is going to do this, at the moment it is only VC and LC though.

cybercrash
  • cybercrash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:12 AM

i remember downloaded gta united, from a foreign language site i meant gta inside, someone told me it add vice and lc to san andreas, but it is only 200mb? i installed and see no diff.. anyone kno wtf this is?

http://www.gtainside...p?do=cat&id=299

filoao
  • filoao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 06:53 AM

tounge.gif tounge.gif can u plez tell me how to do it is it on ps2 or computer where u play san andreas

Tayzax
  • Tayzax

Rap It's Not Like Wine

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Aug 2 2006, 15:22)
QUOTE (Orion05 @ Aug 2 2006, 07:22)

Preview Map

Read: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=252244

This idea isn't new, and it can't be done with the SA map because there isn't enough ID's aswell as the boundry map limits (Map area isnt bigger enough)

There are teams out there that are working on a VC standalone version for the SA Engine.

But in future I would point out that it's best to do a search first for the information before you post;

Google 'GTA SA Vice City'

Edit- Vice City on SA Engine

can u bring the direct link i can't enter to this page?

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:12 PM Edited by nkjellman, 14 January 2009 - 02:31 AM.

possably there may be a limmit adjuster for sa like in vice city. Is it possable to add the rest of liberty city on to the one that is in the game that was used in the mission in SA where you go to LC.

gradimir
  • gradimir

Pr0

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

her is vc to sa mod:

here

GTASAMK
  • GTASAMK

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

This has been cool...

like the map - http://img308.images...1/mixmappc6.jpg

gabe555
  • gabe555

Stay Back!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:26 AM

OLD TOPIC DUDEEEEEEEEEES!
srry 4 caps, Im drunk....

ModdernModders
  • ModdernModders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:41 AM

Thats what am i waiting For!
Thats a Really Good Idea!
Can I Have it after you make it?
i need it for vice city smile.gif
Please Email me the link im in yahoo mail
[email protected]
Thanks tounge2.gif

Cro_Dino
  • Cro_Dino

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Did enyone make that? biggrin.gif

Akshay2001
  • Akshay2001

Dyom designer/ playerr

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Orion05 @ Wednesday, Aug 2 2006, 15:30)
Ok, thx for fast reply, and yes i should have searched before, sry anuj_cop.gif

You should replace vice city with useless interiors like Big smoke's crack place , millie's bedroom ,the interior in the mission just business (i dont know that place's name) ,og loc's house ,b.dup's house etc. ,I dont know that it is possible or not

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users