Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

http://filmforce.ign...2/722015p1.html

Cannot wait. Discuss!

mykellhorror
  • mykellhorror

Hi. I'm Michael.

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

They so should have gotten Johnny Depp to play the Joker....

we'll see how heathcliff does

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:11 AM

Alright! I can't wait to see this one man. Batman Begins was damn excellent, and I loved it. Even have the DVD. I know this one will be great.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

Heath Ledger as The Joker? You've got to be sh*tting me. bored.gif

But hey I guess if Topher Grace can be turned into Venom for Spider-Man, then Heath Ledger can be turned into The Joker.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Aug 1 2006, 21:10)
Heath Ledger as The Joker? You've got to be sh*tting me. bored.gif

But hey I guess if Topher Grace can be turned into Venom for Spider-Man, then Heath Ledger can be turned into The Joker.

That whole topher thing is still yet to be debated.

Heath Ledger. I've only liked him in two movies. The Patriot, and Lords of Dogtown.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

Heath Ledger is playing a very young Joker. I could see that happening if they wrote his character properly. I trust Christopher Nolan knows what he's doing after I saw the ultimate ownage that was Batman Begins.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 02 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

I'd heard a while ago that Sean Penn was rumored to be playing the joker, but then again, it was just a rumor. Heath Ledger is a good actor, but that's just such an odd casting decision. I'd be interesting to see though.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:35 AM

Sean Penn is like 60 years old. I think it would f*ck with the continuity of the story for the young Joker to look older than when Nicholson played him 15+ years ago. This is supposed to be the early Batman, remember.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Platinum Plus

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:39 AM

I heard about this while I was just reading articles on Wikipedia. I cannot wait for this movie to come out. Batman Begins was an excellent movie and I think that this upcoming one might be even better.

(I didn't read the article, if it was mentioned sorry, the movie is set for release in 2008)

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:10 AM

"Like Ledger, however, Hoffman is said to be reluctant to join the sequel."

Being reluctant to do a film is never really a good thing. However, that's the first time they even mention it in the article. confused.gif

TEoS
  • TEoS

High Priest of the Vootard Cult

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:55 AM Edited by TEoS, 03 August 2006 - 03:59 AM.

I dunno about Ledger. I suppose Nolan knows what he's doing. I just want this movie to be amazing. Begins is my favorite superhero movie ever.

Also, what's the deal with Harvey Dent? IMDB has him mentioned as part of the story (but IMDB isn't alway accurate). I'd definitely like to see some Two-Face action.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:37 AM

Considering the new Batman series is featuring more of a realistic feel rather than its' over-the-top predecessors, I could see Ledger doing it to an extent. There are other candidates who may have been a good pick including possibly Jake Gyllenhaal given his work in Donnie Darko as some kind of psycho.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:34 AM

Yeah Heath is a strange choice, I don't really like him but Nolan should be able to make it work especially after how great Batman Begins worked out.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Aug 2 2006, 22:55)
I dunno about Ledger. I suppose Nolan knows what he's doing. I just want this movie to be amazing. Begins is my favorite superhero movie ever.

Also, what's the deal with Harvey Dent? IMDB has him mentioned as part of the story (but IMDB isn't alway accurate). I'd definitely like to see some Two-Face action.

It would make sense to introduce Harvey as the new DA in this movie, and possibly make a following movie with the whole holliday killer episode and have him turn into two face.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

I'd love to see Two Face in this movie considering that they ruined the character in Batman Forever.

Lockdogg
  • Lockdogg

A man's man

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:13 AM

Nolan knows what's up. I trust him. Batman Begins blew me away when I saw it in theaters, enough that I had to see it twice.

Now, if I could just have a word with Mr. Raimi about Topher Grace.......

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

Batman Begins was awesome, I'm sure The Dark Knight will be pretty good.

Nolan knows what he's doing.

I don't think I've seen this Ledger fellow in much movies, but he does have that weird sort of voice. He could pull of a psychotic character quite easily with that accent/tone.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 05:02 AM

Batman Begins kicked so much ass on so many levels. It's probably the best movie that I've seen and thoroughly enjoyed in a hell of a long time, and for those that haven't seen it, I feel very sorry for you.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Platinum Plus

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

Dark Knight Teaser trailer
It's a pretty bad trailer, it just has the last scene from Batman Begins in it, and it just shows some really quick clips of Heath Ledger in a purple suit.

TEoS
  • TEoS

High Priest of the Vootard Cult

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Aug 4 2006, 10:55)
It's a pretty bad trailer, it just has the last scene from Batman Begins in it, and it just shows some really quick clips of Heath Ledger in a purple suit.

It says on the right that it's fan made. mad.gif

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Platinum Plus

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Aug 4 2006, 12:19)
QUOTE (gta_player5 @ Aug 4 2006, 10:55)

It says on the right that it's fan made. mad.gif

Oh, sorry, I guess I missed that when I watched the video. confused.gif

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

I read about this the other day. I think it's good I guess, but I probably won't see it. Because they're getting the worst person to play Joker. And the fact that the title should be called "Batman: The dark Knight" Not just The Dark Knight. People will get confused...because alot of retards nowadays don't know sh*t about comics and won't know what the hell it's talking about. lol...I just hope they at least put the bat symbal on the poster. XP

cin
  • cin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:45 PM

May be a silly question, but is Bale definetly set to star as The Caped Crusader? He's the best Batman yet, very underrated actor IMO.

Super Rockin' Mr. Magic
  • Super Rockin' Mr. Magic

DJ of WildStyle

• Members

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

Isnt the Joker supposed to be at least 15 years older than batman? or something like that I mean wasn't he quite a vetran crminal before the accident that turned him into The Joker?

all I can say is heath ledger better pull it off if not the new Batman series will be ruined.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 08 August 2006 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (GTA Life @ Aug 4 2006, 15:56)
I read about this the other day. I think it's good I guess, but I probably won't see it. Because they're getting the worst person to play Joker. And the fact that the title should be called "Batman: The dark Knight" Not just The Dark Knight. People will get confused...because alot of retards nowadays don't know sh*t about comics and won't know what the hell it's talking about. lol...I just hope they at least put the bat symbal on the poster. XP

Worst person to play Joker? I think he could pull it off - he's a good actor despite some sh*tty movies he's been in. I'm not even sure he's going to be the main enemy in the movie, but rather the human element of all of the crimlords in Gotham. The title just being 'The Dark Knight' is ballsy, but Nolan knows what he's doing, and I personally think it definitely works.

Just think, maybe if they introduce Harvey Dent in this movie, they'll make a third based off of the Long Halloween.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

I'd like Batman to get back to it's old dark roots. The last two movies before Batman Begins were f*cking abominations.

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Aug 8 2006, 05:59)
Just think, maybe if they introduce Harvey Dent in this movie, they'll make a third based off of the Long Halloween.

That'd kick all kinds of arse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users