Photo

Great Theft Car

189 replies to this topic
1stgenLX-Turbo
  • 1stgenLX-Turbo

Dude0 Head Crew Mapper

• Members

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:15 AM

Can you make a video of this mod please?

Ubieca
  • Ubieca

SAkina Lover

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:27 PM

I love this mod, it's have bugs, but I LOVE IT inlove.gif Good Work bro cool.gif Here is some cookies for SE version cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
P.S. Can you made a 100% save game for SE version (when you realize it) smile.gif

drozle
  • drozle

Big D

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 08:06 AM

Very nice mod.I'm russian,just Live in Lithuania so I like ur mod.Even if I ca't play it becouse I'm in caffe just downloaded it biggrin.gif .

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Ubieca @ Aug 23 2007, 09:27)
I love this mod, it's have bugs, but I LOVE IT inlove.gif Good Work bro cool.gif Here is some cookies for SE version cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif
P.S. Can you made a 100% save game for SE version (when you realize it) smile.gif

What the f*ck?

Hmm, I am testing the new version of this mod.

travisbatos
  • travisbatos

did it for the lulz

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Johnix1 @ Jul 31 2006, 18:52)
Somebody wants to kill CJ, his brother and take out OG families...

dude, OG is slang for "original gangsta"... it's GS for Grove Street Families you should be saying.

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (travisbatos @ Aug 24 2007, 12:16)

dude, OG is slang for "original gangsta"... it's GS for Grove Street Families you should be saying.

Hm. Strange. I thought it was "Orange Grove".

TheTank
  • TheTank

Yardie

• Members

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (nosferatu5 @ Aug 25 2007, 01:44)
QUOTE (travisbatos @ Aug 24 2007, 12:16)

Hm. Strange. I thought it was "Orange Grove".

Yeah, the gangs name is OGF, which comes from Orange Grove Families.

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

I can tell you, the new version is much more interesting. Many new missions, some new abilities...
Simply put, it's great.

GamerSuper
  • GamerSuper

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

Final version is released!
It's 1.03 Final.
Official site is here: http://greattheftcar.tk/

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:57 AM

You know what?

I'll translate the mod in french turn.gif

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (MISTO @ Sep 2 2007, 06:57)
You know what?

I'll translate the mod in french turn.gif

Nono, first ask Johnix.

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Hmm...

Yes, you right icon14.gif

plastus
  • plastus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

Johnix,i translated Great Theft Car 1.03 into polish,it got many texts translated,but the main problem with translating,is with texts in american.gxt,because texts from the mod are with normal game texts...
Here is a link:

http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html

(many people from poland have checked it out,and your mod is liked by the people.)

T-Cipp
  • T-Cipp

GTA's Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

I wanna see the trailor! plz?
btw, i can't view your official website for it. confused.gif

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (T-Cipp @ Sep 4 2007, 11:38)
I wanna see the trailor! plz?
btw, i can't view your official website for it. confused.gif

Why would you need a trailer? Just install the mod.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:25 AM

Hello world!
SE is already released in RUSSIAN. I have some troubles translating it to english + few bugs to fix in oncoming patch, so you can wait a bit before translating it into englis, french etc))))))
Nice multilanguage mod)))

cristi_zidane
  • cristi_zidane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

hello to all....can enybody tell me if the final version is ready..and where can i download it plssss ......P.S. i love the screenshots icon14.gif

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 04:39 AM

Final version is ready, BUt only in russian... I do everything to translate it as soon as I can, but it needs time. Even I don't know where exactly should it be.
However, you can download russian version of GTC SE here or play 1.03 in english here.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

Great Theft Car Special Edition v. 1.02 English
Author: Johnix

It is finally out! Mod, the demo of which summoned a hurricane of positive emotions.
The man, who spent one year on it. And now why see it. Rejoice, because Great Theft Car v. 1.03 RELEASED!

What is it all about?

It all happens in 1993. After a party at Madd Dogg's CJ wakes up in his house and sees that his house in on fire!
After he talks to Sweet he finds out, that his house was set on fire, and obviously not accidentally...
CJ will get invlolved in gang wars, street races, revenge and destruction
of a secret syndicate, whose member are ready for everything, and whose goal is to kill CJ and his brother and
break down Grove Street Families - all of this in Great Theft Car!

What awaits you:

-47 thrilling and exciting missions (including 1 side mission, Zero's RC Challenge).
-Own story line.
-New characters.
-You can take over 15 businesses!
-A ton of memories after final credits.

Story:

Special Edition v. 1.02
Fixes:
-Fixed a lot of bugs in businesses
-Fixed mission Silent Assassin - it will appear only if you pass all Los Santos missions
-Fixed bugs in several cutscenes
-Fixed bug when the game crashes near Cluckin Bell in Vietnamese Problem mission
-Fixed timers in several missions

Special Edition v. 1.01
Fixes:
-After Velocity missions new missions will appear
-Fixed mission Up, Up And Shoot! (it worked bad in SE v.1.00)
-After Up, Up And Shoot! mission Woozie's marker will disappear correctly
-Beginning Leone's missions with 0 businesses in Las Venturas will not crash game

Special Edition
New:
-16 new missions with cutscenes and subtitles (you can skip cutscene, just press JUMP button)
-You can now take over businesses! There are 15 businesses in the game. You must destroy a car in front of a building to begin simple mission. Complete it - and business is yours and will generate income. You can now recruit guards and give them better ammunition. Rival gangs could try take this business back, but there is a chance that your guards will protect it themselves. If they take business back, it will stop generate revenue and you must repair it. When you are in business menu, press LEFT/RIGHT to choose between improvements, press SPRINT button to buy improvement and press ENTER THE CAR button to exit menu. You can peek from the corners! To do that, come close to a wall and press the key "answer - no". Using keys "previous weapon" and "next weapon" you can move along the wall.
-You can peek from the corners! To do that, come close to a wall and press the key "answer - no". Using keys "previous weapon" and "next weapon" you can move along the wall. When CJ comes to the corner of a wall, he peeks from around that corner. To shoot, push and hold the key "aim". To stop peeking from around the corner, press "answer - no" again.
-Johnson's house is not available from the beginning. To make the Johnson house available again, you must repair it. It will cost $50000. Press the key Answer - yes" to repair the house.

Changes:
-Changed Introduction
-Changed Knives'n'STICKS
-Changed First Racer In A City
-Changed rewards in all missions

Fixes:
-Fixed bug in MC's Lifestyle, when MC didn't get in the car
-Fixed bug in Deadly Agreement, when game crashed in the end of a cutscene
-Fixed bug in Destination San Fierro, now timer shows 5 minutes
-Fixed bug in Vietnamese Problem, now bike don't get stuck in the stairs
-Fixed bug in Big Rig, now trailer don't crash after tutscene
-Fixed bug in several missions, when homies shoots CJ
-Fixed bug in Green Fist, now gangsters throw molotovs in Johnson's house
-Fixed bug in Dream Catcher, whem MC played running animation when on the boat
-Fixed bug in The Great Escape

So, what's do we have in 1.03? All the old stuff, plus glitch/bug correction and a ton of new features!
Mission glitches are practically all corrected.
Added the ability to skip cutscenes using your 'JUMP' key (left shift by default).
About features:

Cars have new abilities! What does that mean? It means that if you get in a certain car,
you will see a meter, which fills up when you do certain things, and when it fully fills up and you hear a distinctive sound,
just press 'SECONDARY FIRE' and enjoy! SO what features did I prepare for you?

1. Roar.
What it is: when pressing the button, your car emits such a strong roar, that an explosion appears, which destroys
everything in its path! You can use it to clear traffic congestions, get rid of unwanted enemies and/or cops.
How to get it: drift on your car, do handbrake turns, and your meter will slowly fill up!
Accessible for: stallion, feltzer, sabre, tampa, stafford, blade, broadway, remington, savanna, slamvan,
tornado, voodoo, freeway, faggio, sanchez, wayfarer, buffalo, clover, phoenix.
Accessible after mission: Freeway.

2. Njoy.
What it is: when you press the button, you car speeds up to its maximum speed in an instant!
How to get it: sly. Ramps are the best way for your car to get Njoy.
Accessible for: elegy, flash, jester, stratum, sultan, uranus, admiral, hustler, greenwood, picador, virgo,
esperanto, glendale, oceanic, merit, sentinel.
Accessible after mission: First Racer In A City.

3. Zone.
What it is: when you press the button, time slows down, and your car gets better handling.
Usable for sharp turns and passing car accumulations.
How to get it: drive on the maximum speed. The meter will fill up only if your speed is more than 100 mph!
Accessible for: infernus, cheetah, turismo, euros, banshee, bullet, comet, hoknife, hotring, super gt, windsor, zr-350, bf-400,
fcr-900, nrg-500, pcj-600.
Accessible after mission: It's Like A Vacation.

4. Agro.
What it is: when you press the button, your car becomes invincible! Search and destroy! Ram cars, people! Cops will no longer disturb you.
How to get it: ram everything in sight. Oncoming cars, pedestrians - anything is good for Agro.
Accessible for: huntley, landstalker, perennial, rancher, regina, romero, solair, patriot, mesa, dune, burrito,
monster.
Accessible after mission: FBI Truck.

Also, Carl has a special feature! Something resembling GTA3 GTAVC time pill - Rullet Time!
Get out and shoot everything that moves! The meter will slowly fill up. After it is filled,
you will hear a special sound. Press the 'ACTION' button and get Rullet Time!! This is available after the mission Green Fist.

Also, not depending on a mission or car, a cool speedometer appears, thanks to hard_aka_shalun!

Automatic installation:

Unpack the archive into a folder of your choice.
If San Andreas is installed into "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\", just run install.bat.
It will install the modification, and also backup replaced files.
After installing, run the game and start a NEW GAME!
If San Andreas is installed into any other directory, refer to manual installation.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you turn on subtitles!! Options -> Dosplay Setup -> Subtitles -> ON

Manual installation:

Unpack the archive in the GTA San Andreas folder. Overwrite any files it asks. After installing,
run the game and start a NEW GAME!!
IMPORTANT: Make sure you turn on subtitles!! Options -> Display Setup -> Subtitles -> ON

Conclusion:

Thanks to:

Mod beta testers:
Mixa
L!mon
SNICKERSMAN
Petey xXx
Energizer
Prince_of_persia
zoza
nosferatu
The Tube
alty
Altdies
Smarter
DimonForever
cityleader
and9293

Special thanks to:
Joker XT for train car model creation
L!mon, BANDIT for mod logo
hpk for great art
hard_aka_shalun for speedometer
nikitos, yelmi for help in scripting
Catzilla, Online for mod's official website http://greattheftcar.tk
nosferatu, Catzilla for translation

Also:
yegorchik
Seemann
All
Subsistence
Capushon

The forum 'gtamaps.net/forum' and all its members.
The forum 'forums.ag.ru' and all its members.

Copyright 2005-2007. All Rights Reserved.

DOWNLOAD

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:37 AM

wauwie! downloading now m8! i'm testing it since the very first beta:D.

gangsta-mummi
  • gangsta-mummi

OG BIcth

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

many of those "abilities" that some vehicles has is from MC3

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

hmm strange. i downloaded the link in your last post but when its finished the folder says its version 1.02 and also the readme says i have to click install.bat but i cant find a install.bat file?! where is it?

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

oh, just unpack archive to your san andreas directory, looks like I forgot to cut this from 1.03 )))
gangsta-mummi you are right! But there is exception - NJOY. I took it from my mind smile.gif

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

c'mon guys, you're killing me! biggrin.gif please write here about mod... I wanna know what do you think about it smile.gif

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

A little translation fix. Fixes a lot of mistakes. Just put it in your /text folder in San Andreas directory. If it don't help, just go to options/language and change it to another one (no matter which) and then back to english. And now, mod is ready to be translated to Deutch, French etc. And one last thing - you can continue from previous save, that's just a text fix. Enjoy. And please, comment this mod )))
DOWNLOAD

Busta_94
  • Busta_94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:54 PM

Great mod, eventually i can play again for show... I passed GTA san Andreas Four cases , that is very boring ...

Second part will appear modu?

Maxim
  • Maxim

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:32 AM Edited by Maxim, 21 November 2007 - 02:46 AM.

great mod but i dont gt it it says i can peak around cornors but how?
And also in the mission motorstor i have this bug when the guy who i am chasing stops his bike and dhe becomes invincible

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:15 AM Edited by EmoPat, 24 November 2007 - 12:58 AM.

To lean against a wall, hold N for 1-2 seconds. It won't work if you just tap it.

Next Weapon = Move Right
Previous Weapon = Move Left
Aim = Peak around + have the ability to shoot

In Motorstorm, simply get off your bike and destroy it. You'll fail the mission. Next time you start the mission, he won't randomly stop + become invincible.

Anyway, I just finished Dream Catcher. One glitch I noticed is that when he gets close to the end (about two seconds after he passes under the wooden bridge), he keeps turning right and ramping up onto the shore. I had to push him back into the water about three times before he went the right way.

All in all, even though there are a few bugs and the English needs work, this is probably the best SA mission mod I've seen.

Edit: Is "Zero's RC Challenge" the last mission? If so, how are you supposed to unlock the assets in LV?

kawam
  • kawam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:40 AM Edited by kawam, 24 November 2007 - 07:09 AM.

Hi everyone, I am stuck in the "blow and go" mission.

I successfully parked the car at the red point and activated the bomb by clicking the "fire" button,
but I was immediatelly sent to the hospital. It seems that I was blown to death on the spot.

After the time was up and I failed this mission, I could not move and even get out of the vehicle.
I cannot skip this mission. Any advice please.

Johnix1
  • Johnix1

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 November 2007 - 07:31 PM

Edit: Is "Zero's RC Challenge" the last mission? If so, how are you supposed to unlock the assets in LV?

No it's not, there must be another icon (racing flag) in SF. Just go there.
Hi everyone, I am stuck in the "blow and go" mission.

I successfully parked the car at the red point and activated the bomb by clicking the "fire" button,
but I was immediatelly sent to the hospital. It seems that I was blown to death on the spot.

After the time was up and I failed this mission, I could not move and even get out of the vehicle.
I cannot skip this mission. Any advice please.

I have no idea what to do cause I never got stuck in this mission. First, after activating a bomb, CJ must get out of a vehicle. Maybe you got low framerate... maybe smile.gif
Thanks to all!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users