The Introduction -
There was a topic similar to this but that topic started by only asking a question.
And it is very out-dated.This is unofficial, but it is indeed handy to read. Here, it begins.
GTA III Easter Eggs.
1. On all Taxi's in Liberty City, on the top it says "taki" as in unreliable. - Thanks to Robert_Malpas
2. There is an Easter Egg that says "you weren't supposed to find this you know" it is behind the Projects/Liberty Tree buildings on Staunton Island - Thanks to Demarest and Lord fido for location.
Guide to the sercet sign in GTA III/LCS.
- Thanks to PrOdIgY
GTA 3 Secret Sign Video. - Thanks to BlOoDStReAm101 for recording.
In GTA III, it is different. Park you're car on top of the stairs in a certain angle and jump to the car and to the rooftop.
3. Flashback, the radio show, has a bunch of scarface music. - Thanks to Demarest
4. There's this guy in a construction hat that looks like he's one of The Village People. he says "young man" "there's a place you can go" "at the YMCA" and "in the navy," Which are all Village People lyrics. etc etc... - Thanks to Demarest
5. Down at the subway there are posters. They say:
'Badfellas' which parodies to 'Goodfellas' the movie.
'Saturday Night Beaver' which is a Parody of 'Saturday Night Fever.'
'Pirates in Mens Pants' which is a parody to 'Pirates of Penzance' - Thanks to Extremecheese
6. In the original code, they had plans for a Bobcat to be parked at the Supa Save, but then they turned around and used the same name for the Pony behind Supa Save, essentially overwriting it. So it doesn't appear in the game even though it was meant to. Yes, it's confusing but it's an egg. - Thanks to Demarest.
7. On any dodo, it says "Y-ME" as in "Why me?." - Thanks to Xanarki
8. In the GTA III manual, you notice that there was once a water tower behind your Portland hideout. (It's not there,in game.)- Thanks to Xanarki
9. If you go on top of the train station, near Chinatown/Red Light District, by the water, and look through the windows, you see landscape with a few buildings. - Thanks to Xanarki
10. There's a sign that says 'see you in maimi.' This had something to do for Vice. Also, Ray says "See you in Miami." It is located in Stauntion Island.
- Thanks to Coolq1 and MMFF
11. The vans say 'Gruppe Sechs' meaning 'Group Sex.' You decide.
http://img.photobuck...gruppesechs.jpg - Thanks to Sparta42
12. In the Internet cafe (Stauntion Island) there are two computer which have a picture of GTA1 and GTA2. The computers are on the ground floor. - Thanks to Mike0
13. In the internet cafe (Stauntion Island) a red sign says TW@. Also, in the stadium, the stands spell out COCKS.
- Thanks to Iron Man
14. Near your savehouse in Portland, there's a shop who sells electronics. it's called Sem-Techs. Semtex is an explosive. - Thanks to Mogyle
15. Also in Portland, near the Ammu-nation, there a box company: 'Fudge Corp. They can fill your box.'
- Thanks to Mogyle
16. On Shoreside Vale, near the Pirate in Men's Pants, you can see "Soldier of Misfortune", of course it's the FPS Soldier of Fortune parody. (The poster is also on Phil's Van in VC) - Thanks to Moglye
17. The Cochrane Dam refers to Adam Cochrane, a Rockstar's Infographist. - Thanks to Moglye
18. One of asuka's missions is called "two faced tanner" and you have to kill an undercover cop who is "practically useless out of his car." (asuka's words) This is also said in 'DRIVER.' - Thanks to tommy_vercetti187
19. In the subway or in some other places in shoreside vale there are tags that are ripped from the original ones in NY.
- Thanks to lord fido
20. Shoot the moon with the sniper and it changes sizes. - Thanks to MMFF
21. On the streets of Liberty City, there are newspapers that say 'Elvis Zombie Found.' This "Elvis" looks a lot like Claude.
22. There is a R* Constellation. Look at western portland at 3:00 or 4:00. - Thanks to lord fido
23. In Saint Mark's Bistro, there is an advert that says 'Eat till you explode!' It's a joke of the mission "Mike Lips' Last lunch," where you put a bomb on the forelli boss that is dinning on Mark's Bistro. - Thanks to lord fido
24. Kill one of those peds with the dark brown coats that always carries around a notebook. You can usually find them around Liberty Campus. Look at what is drawn on their notebook. Let's just say they weren't studying for their pre-calc exam! (It's a wener drawn) - Thanks to TenzO
25. The observatory is not solid, although there is a solid wall in the middle of it. - Thanks to Fido
26. There is billboard near Claude`s SSV hideout that says: Top Down City. This is a reference to GTA and GTA2 which used top down view. - Thanks to gta player 06
27. If you play the first mission (Give Me Liberty,) go to the Pay N Spray and it will say "No more freebies" or something like that, but for some reason, if you have 1000 dollars you can spray your car. This is obviously put here by the programmers as an inside joke. - Thanks to LandisPardini.
28. In one of Rays missions (name unkown for me) you have to destroy proofs that shows that Donald Love was in a Morgue Party eating bodies. Also in LCS there is a mission where you kill Avery Carrington and take the body to him so he can eat it - Unknown founder.
29. Luigi's brothel/strip club is called the Sex Club 7. It's a reference to an old group called "Club 7"- Unknown founder.
30. Toni's safehouse from LCS is under demolition in GTA3. It has been confirmed to get destroyed in GTAAdvance - Unknown founder.
31. Toni Cipriani , the Leone Capo is a reference out of Tony, the "The Simpsons'' mobster. They share the same eyes and physics. Also Toni's "problems" with her mother are the same as Principal Skinner has in the same series. - Unknown founder.
32. North Portland there are a set of caves you can actually enter. It can only be accessed by boat. It goes downwards so at the end you are like underwater! Becareful though . Water can be Mortal to Claude (player). - Unknown founder.
33. The same boat that is found in all (including GTA 1 and excluding GTA2) the GTA Series is back on Portland Docks. What a shame that it gets blown up by 8ball in a shootout. - Unknown founder.
34. In the starting cutscene you see remodeled tarbush cafe cups in the floor. Also this piece of street can be accesed with a dodo. If you are skilled enough you can get by the back of the hills and reach the "Ghost Town" . Unfortunatly it isnt solid. - Unknown founder.
35. While you are in Portland misisons and Staunton is locked the tunnels are working between SSV and Staunton. But as soon as you unlock Staunton the tunnels get closed. Weird Huh? - Unknown founder.
36. In Bedford Point you can see an ad sponsoring Top Down City. TDC was a game that was made by the time of GTA2 that was more or less like GTA1. - Unknown founder.
37. Chuck Swartz is a very famous actor in Liberty by the time of GTA3 . His ads are on the subway, the city and Bedford point. He is a joke/reference out of Arnold Swartzenneger. - Unknown founder.
38. The blue police cars, Twin Towers at Fort Staunton and Darkel where eliminated of the game adter the famous 9/11 Terrorist attacks. They added Rampages instead of Darkel, black police cars and they deleted the Twin Towers (i found this on google) that they had added in Fort Staunton adding a construction zone. - Unknown founder.
39. By the Staunton Hospital there are walls that are supposedly "remains" of the LCS' Fort Staunton. Fort Staunton gets destroyed by the end of LCS in a way of eliminating Forellis. - Unknown founder.
40. El Burro is back. He was a caracter in GTA1 and he is back as the Diablo boss. He is never seen but there is a drawing of him in several GTA3 Pics. - Unknown founder.
41. After you Complete "Big N' Veiny" mission from "El Burro" some porno magazines are delivered to your hideout. - Unknown founder.
42. If you go north after SSV hills for long time you'll see words on the radar. This is Rockstars' way of signing their work. - Unknown founder.
43. There are several cool places to visit while on the Dodo. One of them is Donald Loves' Roof. Or Kenji's Garden. Also the Stadium in a topdown view and the Ghost Town are cool places to see. - Unknown founder.
44. In SSV Airport there is a war memorial . It reads "For all those who fought for freedom in the 1939 war, Showing Nazi Soldiers. - Unknown founder.
45. In the starting cutscene there is a black patriot. But there's nobody driving the patriot. Maybe another ghost car for the GTA Series? - Unknown founder.
46. 8-Ball's jail suit Number ID is 010012. And, Rockstar's location in real life is in New York, 10012. It is very similar. All you have to do is take off the first '0' in 8-Ball's Jail suit ID. - Thanks to BlOoDStReAm101
[Unknown Founder means that it is not confirmed on who found it.]
The Message to all GTA III Gamers.
If you think you have something or like to add photo's, be my guest. This is unofficial, but it comes in handy. This should be pinned for there is a Vice City Easter Egg Topic,as well as San Andreas. Well, that is all. Hope this was helpful.
Edited by BlOoDStReAm101, 10 August 2006 - 02:49 AM.