Quantcast

» «
Photo

Getting the heli

38 replies to this topic
woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

Im playing the ps2 version.
I didnt reach staunton yet but im planning to get the maverick from the false idols mission and i just wanna know:

1- is the only cheat required the perfect traction cheat or will i need more cheats?
2- can i disable the perfect traction cheat?
3- Where and how do i store the maverick without blowing it up?

hope you can help me guys icon14.gif

Ubersoldier
  • Ubersoldier

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:21 PM Edited by Ubersoldier, 27 July 2006 - 05:30 PM.

QUOTE (woozie92 @ Jul 27 2006, 17:20)
Im playing the ps2 version.
I didnt reach staunton yet but im planning to get the maverick from the false idols mission and i just wanna know:

1- is the only cheat required the perfect traction cheat or will i need more cheats?
3- Where and how do i store the maverick without blowing it up?

hope you can help me guys icon14.gif

1- Yes
2- Yes
3 - with a taxi in your garage but do sometimes health cheat in the maverick! because he blows fast! smile.gif

And you need a Yankee.

woozie92
  • woozie92

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

Thanks mate for the answers cookie.gif

Ubersoldier
  • Ubersoldier

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:32 PM

No Problem smile.gif wink.gif

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:24 AM

I'd like to add that the videos of this give the most difficult method of reaching the roof. If you jump from the other side of the building to the opposite roof (where the long dome-like part of the roof is) its easier to get the other roof without jumping sideways in that little slot. You can just jump that gap and reach the other roof. I know I'm making no sense, but its hard to do without pointing to the actual building. Basically jump from the other side of the building on the other roof, and then jump the gap. Avoid the sideways jump altogether, its not reliable.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:00 AM

after you get the heli go to the stadium tounge.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:35 AM

I think all cheats for all the GTAs (not sure with peds riots though) are automatically disabled ones you save the game. So if you're really concerned about using more than one cheat, (including deactivating one before saving) simply saving the game should do the deactivation.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Jul 29 2006, 07:35)

I think all cheats for all the GTAs (not sure with peds riots though) are automatically disabled ones you save the game. So if you're really concerned about using more than one cheat, (including deactivating one before saving) simply saving the game should do the deactivation.

There is no way to disable the peds riot, peds have weapons, and peds attack you cheat. I use to use the no wanted level cheat and it disables when you load another game or exit.

woozie92
  • woozie92

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:22 PM

The "Cars chrome plated" cheat is only deactivable by restarting the game. I was testing some cheats, when i did that cheat even after reloading the game, all cars were still chrome plated. I swear i had to restart the ps2 wow.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:37 AM

Woozie92 as far as i read from those posts only way to get da chopper is to cheat.But if you have a Cheat device like AR MAx you can enter perfect traction cheat in it and aquire the chopper and when you save the game there wont be cheat warning.I havent gotten to False Idols yet but i hope this helps to all the people smile.gif

woozie92
  • woozie92

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

Im having trouble getting that helicopter, once i got the heli but when i tried to put it in the garage it blew up cause the health cheat didnt work for some reason. Also i cant get the Yankee up there (some times i made it). Im gonna try the other side of the building.

How do you get the heli in the garage? Do i have to park it rear end? mad.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:56 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 16 August 2006 - 08:10 AM.

I recently received an email from a certain Alejandro Hernandez Samaniego re cheatless way to get Faith's Maverick in the False Idols mission. The reason I'm posting it here is to hopefully for others to try the method themselves and have confirmation if it does work.

Just please read through the unedited mail:

Hey!
well i discovered a way to get faith's maverick without cheats in the mission false idols in staunton island, well heres what yuo must do:
Star the mission with a PCJ, the "father" told you
that you must kill all celebrities before they make it to the radio station but we wont worry about the one in the patriot and the one in the stretch. when you start the mission you must hurry to the bridge that conects staunton and shoreside, theres a curve at the start of it ,when the curve finishes ,on your left side you should see the metal structure of the bridge ,you must go up there, with the PCJ you can make a "jump" to the concrete structure of the bridge (its a little tricky but when you find the way it should be easy) ,then when you are on the concrete structure just leave the PCJ and walk until you make it to the metal structure, when you are there go up, theres like an alarm or something up there (red thing) you can walk thru it ,then you will have to jump to a building that has no roof!! the one on your left, but dont worry it has a roof i mean you can stand on it, when you are there you have to wait for the heli to get there it should pass right next to you, when it is next to you just enter it and the pilot and faith will fall and now you have your new maverick!!!!!! what you have to do next its just wait until one celebrity make it to the radio station that will make you fail the mission and the maverick wil be all yours!!, theres a catch here YOU MUST STAY IN THE MAVERICK until this happens,when you fail the mission you can do whatever you want ok? , its not that difficult to get, the difficult part for me was storing it into my staunton garage , well thats what you must do i think this way its even easier than the one with cheats so... i hope it helps you.

I have to try this myself just to confirm it.

woozie92
  • woozie92

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

Im gonna check it. Thanks GTA_Loco

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:35 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 19 August 2006 - 08:19 AM.

You're welcome woozie92. Bigger thanks to Alejandro Samaniego for finding this out.

NOW IT"S CONFIRMED. Faith's Maverick in False Idols mission can finally be obtained cheatless. I still yet have to post snapshots of it, unfortunately I don't have the necessary tools at the moment to make a video.

In any case, here's how it could be done, the method essentially based on what Alejandro Samaniego has provided:

The key here is to chase after Faith's Maverick first and fail the mission by letting any of the other two targets to make it to the radio station. You might still be able to kill the two other targets after you steal the heli, but you might not also have sufficient time to do so. So perhaps it'd be more convenient to just fail the mission.

METHOD 1

Start the mission in a PCJ 600. As soon as the red blips appear, quickly make your way to the bridge connecting Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. At the start of the bridge, to your left, use the PCJ 600 to make a jump on the horizontal metal support. The base of the bridge is sloped so you should be able to utilize this to prop yourself conveniently on the said part of the bridge. You need to gain some momentum in doing the jump but be careful not to overshoot the support or you'll land down on the road and might cause you precious time if you go back up again. This can also be a bit tricky but you should be able to manage it with some practice. Try performing a slightly angled jump also; in this way it would be much easier for you to thrust yourself up into the metal support.

Assuming you make it up the metal support, leave the bike and go on foot towards a concrete structure of the bridge, walk your way up a sloping metal support and past a big red light. Strangely this red light isn't solid so you should be able to just walk past it. Now once you're a couple of steps past this red light, turn to your left and you'll see a roofless portion of a tall building where you should jump to. Dont' worry as this is apparently solid, sort of "transparent" only.

When you're on the "transparent" roof already, position yourself on the pilot side of the heli and just wait for it to arrive. It would pass directly beside you and you can just conveniently yank out the pilot and steal the heli. It's important to STAY IN THE MAVERICK until you fail the mission. If you're not in it, it would disappear after the cut scene.

Just store the heli slightly in a diagonal position in your garage, then save the game.

This appears to be a much more easier method than the Yankee/Ambulance one, not to mention that you don't even have to cheat, preferable for those who don't like doing so.

Have fun smile.gif

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:38 PM Edited by Nick000, 18 August 2006 - 03:15 PM.

Nice find Serge, I'll have to check that out once I get out of playing BF2. icon14.gif

woozie92
  • woozie92

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

The hardest part to me is storing the heli. Anyway you have to cheat if you want to store the heli

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:32 AM Edited by GTA_Loco, 19 August 2006 - 06:37 AM.

Hey thanks Nick000. Although this isn't really my own find. This is Alejandro's and i'm just confirming his claim you can have the heli cheatless.

Along with that, herewith are some snapshots on how to get the Maverick in the mission:

As soon as you start the mission, head quickly to the Staunton/SSV bridge
user posted image
Note that the concrete base of the bridge is sloped so you should be able to utilise this to make a jump on the lower metal support.

Once you're up there on the metal support, head over to the concrete structure just in front of you.
user posted image

Walk towards the metal support that goes up the bridge structure.
user posted image

Make your way up to the point where you'd see this big red light and just walk past it since it's not solid.
user posted image

Once you're past the light, turn to your left and you'll see a seemingly roofless portion of a building beside the bridge. It is solid so that's where you should make a jump and where the heli would pass by.
user posted image

user posted image

Now just position yourself on the pilot side of the heli when it passes by beside you.
user posted image

Yank out the pilot, ride the heli, DON'T LEAVE IT, and just wait for the mission to fail. Faith would get off the heli when you steal it and would sometimes fall off the building and get wasted.
user posted image

Alternate snapshot of another attempt. Note different color of heli.
user posted image

user posted image

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:33 AM

Just another snapshot of the heli snatch.
user posted image

Some extra picts. Flyable interior of a building in Francis International Airport. Building's roof isn't solid so you can just fly down inside and see its interior.
user posted image
user posted image

Dontknowaname
  • Dontknowaname

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:55 PM Edited by Dontknowaname, 22 August 2006 - 11:18 PM.

I found an another way to get on the concrete base of the bridge:

Before you start the mission you must have at least one ambulance(A) in your garage in Staunton Island. Go get a second ambulance(B) from the hospital and park it under or near the Stauton/SSV bridge. Then WALK* back to your savehouse and pickup the other ambulance(A) in your garage.

Head to the Stauton/SSV bridge and park the ambulance(A) like in the picture below.

user posted image**

Get out of the ambulance(A) and check if the ambulance(A) aint moving.
Get in the other ambulance(B) and start the "False Idols" Mission. Go directly to the Staunton/SSV bridge and park the ambulance(B) infront of the other ambulance(A). Jump on the frontside of ambulance(B) and then on the backside of ambulance(B). Then jump from there directly on the backside of ambulance(A) and then jump on the concrete base of the bridge. From there you must do what GTA_Loco said:

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Aug 19 2006, 06:32)

Walk towards the metal support that goes up the bridge structure.
user posted image

Make your way up to the point where you'd see this big red light and just walk past it since it's not solid.
user posted image

Once you're past the light, turn to your left and you'll see a seemingly roofless portion of a building beside the bridge. It is solid so that's where you should make a jump and where the heli would pass by.
user posted image

user posted image

Now just position yourself on the pilot side of the heli when it passes by beside you.
user posted image

Yank out the pilot, ride the heli, DON'T LEAVE IT, and just wait for the mission to fail. Faith would get off the heli when you steal it and would sometimes fall off the building and get wasted.
user posted image

* If you get an another car , this new car will be your current car and the ambulance(B) your previous car. And after you get ambulance(A) , the new car wil be your previous car and Ambulance(B) will be "forgotten" and disappear.

EDIT: This is for people who dont like to walk back to the savehouse garage.
If you put the ambulance(B) you picked up from the hospital at the same place as the picture below or a place closer to your savehouse garage then it wont disappear if you drive in an another car back to your savehouse garage directly.

user posted image**

** These screenshots have been taken from GTA3 ONLY to show you how to park ambulance(A) and ambulance(B)

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:54 PM

Yeah that could be a great alternative in reaching that concrete structure. Jumping with the bike can sometimes go wrong and waste precious time to steal the heli.

Good find on this one dontknowaname icon14.gif

GTA:SANANDREAS1
  • GTA:SANANDREAS1

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for the pics GTA_Loco they helped a lot smile.gif

tourqeglare
  • tourqeglare

Heart's Mrs.Incredible

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:36 PM

Just asking, why were GTA3 shots used?
I don't have a problem, Im just curious.

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:00 PM

My guess is that he just happened to have it in his console at the time.

Cecil475
  • Cecil475

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:13 PM

Getting the Helicopter - Easy
Storing the Helicopter - Easy
Getting the Helicopter out of storage - Hard as hell.

Can anyone tell me a of better way to store and retreive the helicopter from storage?

Thanks,

- Warren Lewis

(P.S. If you can post pictures of how whe helicopter is stored that wound help also.)

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Aug 18 2006, 05:35)
You're welcome woozie92. Bigger thanks to Alejandro Samaniego for finding this out.

NOW IT"S CONFIRMED. Faith's Maverick in False Idols mission can finally be obtained cheatless. I still yet have to post snapshots of it, unfortunately I don't have the necessary tools at the moment to make a video.

In any case, here's how it could be done, the method essentially based on what Alejandro Samaniego has provided:

The key here is to chase after Faith's Maverick first and fail the mission by letting any of the other two targets to make it to the radio station. You might still be able to kill the two other targets after you steal the heli, but you might not also have sufficient time to do so. So perhaps it'd be more convenient to just fail the mission.

METHOD 1

Start the mission in a PCJ 600. As soon as the red blips appear, quickly make your way to the bridge connecting Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. At the start of the bridge, to your left, use the PCJ 600 to make a jump on the horizontal metal support. The base of the bridge is sloped so you should be able to utilize this to prop yourself conveniently on the said part of the bridge. You need to gain some momentum in doing the jump but be careful not to overshoot the support or you'll land down on the road and might cause you precious time if you go back up again. This can also be a bit tricky but you should be able to manage it with some practice. Try performing a slightly angled jump also; in this way it would be much easier for you to thrust yourself up into the metal support.

Assuming you make it up the metal support, leave the bike and go on foot towards a concrete structure of the bridge, walk your way up a sloping metal support and past a big red light. Strangely this red light isn't solid so you should be able to just walk past it. Now once you're a couple of steps past this red light, turn to your left and you'll see a roofless portion of a tall building where you should jump to. Dont' worry as this is apparently solid, sort of "transparent" only.

When you're on the "transparent" roof already, position yourself on the pilot side of the heli and just wait for it to arrive. It would pass directly beside you and you can just conveniently yank out the pilot and steal the heli. It's important to STAY IN THE MAVERICK until you fail the mission. If you're not in it, it would disappear after the cut scene.

Just store the heli slightly in a diagonal position in your garage, then save the game.

This appears to be a much more easier method than the Yankee/Ambulance one, not to mention that you don't even have to cheat, preferable for those who don't like doing so.

Have fun smile.gif

Thanks champ, I'm gonna try that when I get home from work. cool.gif

Dem57
  • Dem57

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:57 PM

when i first read this topic i played 3h blush.gif straight to get to the "false idols" mission in the game, but when i tried to open the heli dor it was locked suicidal.gif ps. wase playin on the psp

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (dem57 @ Sep 17 2006, 15:57)
when i first read this topic i played 3h blush.gif straight to get to the "false idols" mission in the game, but when i tried to open the heli dor it was locked suicidal.gif ps. wase playin on the psp

Yea, I believe all the vehicles in the False Idols mission PSP version are locked. I have the PSP version but haven't reached that mission yet. It might be possible to steal the heli if you try torching it to force the passengers out. Not sure about this though, just a theory.

Dem57
  • Dem57

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

thanks mate il try it biggrin.gif

Dem57
  • Dem57

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

it dident work. the heli kept on flying until it exploded mad.gif !

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (dem57 @ Sep 18 2006, 12:59)
it dident work. the heli kept on flying until it exploded :angry

Tough luck biggrin.gif That's really a pity for PSP users as it seems Faith's heli can't be stolen using the cheat less method. Have you tried the cheat version of stealing it on top of the radio station?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users