Quantcast

» «
Photo

A Update (perhaps conclusion) on the two polls

31 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you think (not want) will be the main character in Vice City Stories? (112 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think (not want) will be the main character in Vice City Stories?

1. Big Mitch Baker (23 votes [24.73%])

Percentage of vote: 24.73%

2. Lance Vance (14 votes [15.05%])

Percentage of vote: 15.05%

3. Lance's brother (Victor Vance) (16 votes [17.20%])

Percentage of vote: 17.20%

4. Ricardo Diaz (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez (8 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

6. Umberto Robina (2 votes [2.15%])

Percentage of vote: 2.15%

7. Mercedes (1 votes [1.08%])

Percentage of vote: 1.08%

8. Leo Teal (3 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

9. Kent Paul (4 votes [4.30%])

Percentage of vote: 4.30%

10. Phil Cassidy (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

11. None of the Above (Someone new) (13 votes [13.98%])

Percentage of vote: 13.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote
NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:50 PM Edited by NonRetard, 25 July 2006 - 11:07 PM.

Well, in case you've been living under a rock... the official boxart has been revealed, as the first official media for the game... and as expected, it has proved to be a big deciding factor for the two polls I conducted.

In the lead of the poll asking "What character do you WANT to be in the game?", the option of an all new original character leads the pack. And according to the other poll, people wanted a Post-VC environment for VCS.

It's a bizarre turnout, seeing how the boxart denies BOTH of these possibilities. In October, we will re-enter Vice City pre'86 with a familiar character whose story will be told by Rockstar and whose every move will be determined by us.

As stated numerous times, it appears that both Juan Cortez and Umberto Robina are in the game based on their apparent presence on the boxart. Three other characters arguably on the boxart as well are Leo Teal, Big Mitch Baker, and Mercedes.
Of course, all five of these characters were just a few of the several contenders in the "Who would you want to be..." poll.

The pre 86 scenario dismisses the chances of an appearance from the character that came in second in the Character poll: Tommy Vercetti.

So, now we ask (well, nevermind..I ask) the question... (AHEM, POLL!)...

Now that all the dead wood has been cleared out of the way, who do you THINK (not WANT but THINK) we'll be playing as in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories?
  • Big Mitch Baker
  • Lance Vance
  • Lance Vance's Brother
  • Ricardo Diaz
  • Juan Cortez
  • Umberto Robina
  • Mercedes
  • Leo Teal
  • Kent Paul
  • Phil Cassidy
"Hey!" you're asking "NonRetard, are you sniffing glue off your mouse pad?! It's already a foregone conclusion!"

Or is it?

True, GTAPortable.com is reporting that a "reliable source" says Baker is the main character... but what if that's HIM on the boxart? According to the belief of many, that's a deciding factor of who is the main character: NOT appearing on the boxart. Hell, given that belief... what about the five characters supposedly on the boxart? Wouldn't that outlaw them from being the main character in the game. If that's the case, then you'd have to choose from Ricardo Diaz, Lance Vance, Lance Vance's brother, and Kent Paul.

But then again, that's just a belief, albeit a popular one.

And consider all the required characters needed to appear in VCS, to set the stage for the Vice City plot. Ricardo Diaz wasn't just an overnight rise to the top of the drug scene, was he? And Alex Shrub, how long had he been congressman up until '86?

It'd be awesome if this were a poll... the FINAL poll if you will, before confirmation is made on who we're playing as in VCS.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:57 PM

dude you are very observant..... you should get this poll up.....

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

I'll add the poll if you let me add Phil Cassidy to that list. tounge.gif wink.gif

Now that it's fairly obvious the setting is pre-'86 (before he got his arm blown off) I think Phil is most likely to be the main character. I can't see it being Lance/Victor/Diaz etc. because they all died in GTA Vice City, and playing as somebody that you know is going to die eventually just wouldn't be right IMO..

I *think* it will be Phil Cassidy, and if it's not him then it's probably going to be a new guy that we've never heard of before. icon14.gif

Edit: Mitch Baker is also a possiblity, I suppose. I think it's got be a character that the player likes, not one of the villains from previous games.

NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Jul 25 2006, 22:00)
I'll add the poll if you let me add Phil Cassidy to that list. tounge.gif wink.gif

Now that it's fairly obvious the setting is pre-'86 (before he got his arm blown off) I think Phil is most likely to be the main character. I can't see it being Lance/Victor/Diaz etc. because they all died in GTA Vice City, and playing as somebody that you know is going to die eventually just wouldn't be right IMO..

I *think* it will be Phil Cassidy, and if it's not him then it's probably going to be a new guy that we've never heard of before. icon14.gif

Edit: Mitch Baker is also a possiblity, I suppose. I think it's got be a character that the player likes, not one of the villains from previous games.

Sounds fair to me.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

Poll added. icon14.gif

NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:32 AM

Oooh. You included their full names. Very good.

Sinful
  • Sinful

Still, I show my face up here.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:38 AM

Robina... Alive and I dont think its he at the artbox =X

S. Leone
  • S. Leone

Things will be different

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:06 AM

I don't see why leo teal is so important. He's just some chef you beat up for a cell phone in vc

GroveSt.187
  • GroveSt.187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (S. Leone @ Jul 26 2006, 07:06)
I don't see why leo teal is so important. He's just some chef you beat up for a cell phone in vc

Leo Teal had connections to Diaz and was running drugs along with being a hitman.

MJ2k
  • MJ2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (GroveSt.187 @ Jul 26 2006, 09:38)
QUOTE (S. Leone @ Jul 26 2006, 07:06)

Leo Teal had connections to Diaz and was running drugs along with being a hitman.

And he had connections to Umberto.
Remeber Umberto phones Leo in VC, not knowing that Tommy has his phone.

NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:20 PM

Interesting speculation from OPM2 in Europe, which saintdave has posted on the pinned 'Info' thread...

From Issue 74 (July) Official Playstation 2 Magazine

HANDHELD VICE
But who's bringing the killing?

GTA is back on PSP, and this time we're returning to Vice City for the minature massacre. All set for release on 20 October, this latest offering from Rockstar is the same deal as Liberty City Stories - so you get new missions, fresh locations and a completely different playable character to the PS2 version. But which of the co-stars from the Original will step into the spot light? We cogitated, posulated and fornictate, and we think it has to be one of these three...

Ricardo Diaz
Vice City's pseudo-Scarface character, Diaz stars as a powerfull crime lord, but ultimatly ends up on the wrong side of Tommy Vercetti. He's definitely got the temper to make it as a lead character, and the Tony Montana shirt he wears most of the way through the game adds plenty of weight to his appeal. However, we reckon he's the outsider in our line-up.

Sonny Forelli
Head of the Forreli crime family in Liberty City since 1986, Sonny actually appears in Vice City towards the end of the game when he learns Tommy Vercetti has built up a rival Mafia syndicate. He buddies up with Lance Vance to try and take out Vercetti in the final mission of the game, but ultimately ends up tagged and bagged in Vice City's morgue. With a little temporal monkeying, we reckon he's got the GTA heritage to be a serious contender.

Lance Vance
The obvious choice for the role, Lance becomes Tommy Vercetti's partner early on, and pops up in a handful of story missions. Decked out in a crisp white suit and sunnies, Lance would certainly look the part on the small screen. A big player in the original Vice City, this Miami-Vice Tubbs-a-like character is our favourite to fill the role.

Well, go fig. No Mitch Baker, no Umberto Robina...not even Phil Cassidy. OPM2 speculates that the main character will be one of the Vice City characters who was killed at the hands of Tommy Vercetti. This really goes against the logic concocted by discussion on this board that having the VCS main character as someone who meets his maker in VC would be downright silly and pointless. Not to mention, the three candidates up for the role are largely considered 'villains' in the GTA-Universe and in the eyes of GTA fans.

But time will tell.

kietotheworld
  • kietotheworld

Hater Player

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:28 PM

Has anyone considered that the main character might be Sal? I don't know about anyone else but I think it'd be interesting to see his story being played out.

Sinful
  • Sinful

Still, I show my face up here.

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:53 AM

@kietotheworld- I dont think so... Sal dont appear in VC, neither does the Vice City style... plus, *spoiler* he dies in GTA3...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE (Sinful @ Jul 26 2006, 02:38)
Robina... Alive and I dont think its he at the artbox =X

"Robina...Alive" I don't understand that. So are you saying he's alive? Cause he would be alive if VCS is going to take place before 1986 (Most likely). But if it's going to be after VCS, then MAYBE he would have died.

And why would you not think that's Umberto Robina on the boxart? Wow. Just wow.
*Applauses* =D!

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

I voted Leo Teal, I have a strong feeling he will be the lead. Surprissing most people voted Big Mitch Baker.

NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:15 AM

Well, the news is just around the corner. Time and character will be officially confirmed in a matter of weeks. Given the box art and GTAPortable's claim of a reliable source pointing all fingers to Mitch Baker himself, the biker seems to have won this poll and is everyone's prediction as to who we will play as.

Time will tell, of course.

Ja750
  • Ja750

Five

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:27 PM

omg why's everyone picking big micth
he couldnt kill a fly
(what r u people man or mouse)

AngelDude
  • AngelDude

Guardian Angel

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:41 PM Edited by AngelDude, 30 July 2006 - 10:43 PM.

Umberto has links with Leo Teal. Umberto = On the box cover. Leo Teal = Hardnut asassin.
Also maybe Leo Teal used to be skinny like Toni? They both got fatter in their sequel games.

Anyone else see a link there? And wouldn't it be funny that he gets killed by another tough-nut main character and we see what goes on with him before he dies?

It seems to me its either going to be Cuban Leo or Biker mitch.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:50 PM Edited by Jordan, 30 July 2006 - 10:54 PM.

The guy will be of Latino descent.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (AngelDude @ Jul 30 2006, 22:41)
Umberto has links with Leo Teal. Umberto = On the box cover. Leo Teal = Hardnut asassin.
Also maybe Leo Teal used to be skinny like Toni? They both got fatter in their sequel games.

Anyone else see a link there? And wouldn't it be funny that he gets killed by another tough-nut main character and we see what goes on with him before he dies?

It seems to me its either going to be Cuban Leo or Biker mitch.

Yup, true. Before Tommy works with him, Robina called expecting Leo but Tommy implied that he may have killed Leo and took his phone. Then he said, "You ever think of that pr*ck?" I laughed after he said that. That's how he gets all cought up in the Cuban & Haitian thing.

OriginalGangster
  • OriginalGangster

Lost, Never Forgotten

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:07 AM Edited by OriginalGangster, 07 August 2006 - 03:54 AM.

Regarding the main character, the following 4 characters may possibly be the main character, but Mercedes and Kent are ehh..

1. Big Mitch Baker
2. Mercedes - doubt it, shes a woman.
3. Kent Paul - doubt it, hes not very violent
4. Phil Cassidy

None of the following characters have a chance of being the main character, if Rockstar were to follow the Rockstar Tradition..

NO - Lance Vance - dies
NO - Lance's brother (Victor Vance) - dies
NO - Umberto Robina - on cover
NO - Ricardo Diaz - dies
NO - Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez - on cover
NO - Leo Teal - dies

Starksy66
  • Starksy66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:08 AM

im not a person who would want a biker to be in vcs because it kinda drifts away from the italian mafia kind of feel gta has but then again look at SA it was a black guy who started out with no relations to the mafia what so ever and then got into a little bit of mafia work but i really couldnt see a biker being vcs main character but then who cares as long as the game dont involve a woman as the main charcter (dont get me wrong i love the ladies) but they dont belong as main charcters in a gta game.

slash99
  • slash99

slash99

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

is there another cuban guy, who you do some missions with? i think his name is rico. Did he die? Could it be him?

vicecity55
  • vicecity55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

i dont understand the poll???

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (vicecity55 @ Jul 31 2006, 16:46)
i dont understand the poll???

The poll is saying which character you want to be the main character of VCS. confused.gif

AngelDude
  • AngelDude

Guardian Angel

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (slash99 @ Jul 31 2006, 11:55)
is there another cuban guy, who you do some missions with? i think his name is rico. Did he die? Could it be him?

Rico only gave you one misson and featured in other cuban missions.
(He was the guy that Umberto told to test your boating skills)

jake6
  • jake6

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:18 AM

You should play as Hilary King from VC, lol jk I voted Mitch Baker

NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

I guess it's been confirmed. And whoa, it's an upset.

Victor Vance, brother of Lance... will be the main, playable character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Big BIG surprise there. But, congratulations to the FIVE (!) people out of 80 (!!) who predicted Victor Vance would be the main character. Feel free to identify yourselves. Granted, 30 of you will probably post claiming you were amongst the five but whatever.

Case closed. Victor Vance...officially kicks off the entire GTAIII universe , pre-VC this October.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

Well done to..
  • fouere
  • Stene
  • mark-2007
  • Synthesis
  • rebalrouser

..who all correctly guessed Victor Vance. icon14.gif

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

Lawl,and me too!

Now we need a new poll, maybye, Which landmarks will remain and which landmarks will not be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users