saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:46 PM

Vice City Stories

user posted image - Tuesday 17th October 2006

user posted image - Friday 20th October 2006

Below are two articles from previous Gamesmaster magazines, although all information has been known for a while or confirmed upon, I wanted to keep track of any articles from English games magazines.

From Issue 173 (June) Gamesmaster

Next Grand Theft Auto revealed!

Some recent Rockstar wrangling at the US patent Office has inadvertently revealed the next Grand Theft Auto game could be...drumroll...Vice City Stories on PSP!

Ok, ok - we know what you lot are really holding out for is next-gen Grand Theft Auto on PS3, but just imagine it for a mo - the best city in the GTA universe, tweaked for PSP and filled with exciting new rides to steal, AK-47s to fire and comic book villains to blow away. We might even get to pilot choppers! What's not to like? Fingers crossed this one will make it out by Christmas-time.
Not doubt referring to the trademark links found by Adriann. 1, 2 and 3.

From Issue 174 (July) Gamesmaster

PSP Vices

You know what, we broke this bad boy last issue and now the rest of the world are only just catching up. We lapped up Liberty City Stories on PSP, so it was only a matter of time before Rockstar revisited perhaps their most loved metropolis of sin - Vice City itself - for some handheld lovin'. "An entirely new storyline, new missions and gameplay" are all on the menu.
As mentioned those articles from the magazines don’t really point to much or prove any theories but factual news has been very scarce in all magazines.

I also did some scowering over the internet for any other snippets of news or information. According to Kotaku website the game has been given a suggested retail price of about $50 (roughly around £30).

Other websites claim Rockstar, along with the release of the boxart have actually confirmed the retail price at $49.99. Gamespot and Pro-G both have the same basic news, nothing further than speculation at this point.

GAME is always useful for the fans that are counting down the days. Each game on their site indicates how many remain, in VCS case 86 days!

Although the reliability of IMDB has been questioned before due to the fact that anyone can edit news posted there, nothing new has been added to the entry of VCS. Two previous voice actors/producers are listed but this is not confirmed.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:57 PM

Pinned. icon14.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

Very nice little collection of information.

Nice research icon14.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

From Issue 74 (July) Official Playstation 2 Magazine

HANDHELD VICE
But who's bringing the killing?

GTA is back on PSP, and this time we're returning to Vice City for the minature massacre. All set for release on 20 October, this latest offering from Rockstar is the same deal as Liberty City Stories - so you get new missions, fresh locations and a completely different playable character to the PS2 version. But which of the co-stars from the Original will step into the spot light? We cogitated, posulated and fornictate, and we think it has to be one of these three...

Ricardo Diaz
Vice City's pseudo-Scarface character, Diaz stars as a powerfull crime lord, but ultimatly ends up on the wrong side of Tommy Vercetti. He's definitely got the temper to make it as a lead character, and the Tony Montana shirt he wears most of the way through the game adds plenty of weight to his appeal. However, we reckon he's the outsider in our line-up.

Sonny Forelli
Head of the Forreli crime family in Liberty City since 1986, Sonny actually appears in Vice City towards the end of the game when he learns Tommy Vercetti has built up a rival Mafia syndicate. He buddies up with Lance Vance to try and take out Vercetti in the final mission of the game, but ultimately ends up tagged and bagged in Vice City's morgue. With a little temporal monkeying, we reckon he's got the GTA heritage to be a serious contender.

Lance Vance
The obvious choice for the role, Lance becomes Tommy Vercetti's partner early on, and pops up in a handful of story missions. Decked out in a crisp white suit and sunnies, Lance would certainly look the part on the small screen. A big player in the original Vice City, this Miami-Vice Tubbs-a-like character is our favourite to fill the role.

This article was bought to my attention by _Stuch_. Generally OPS2M is the most reliable of magazines due to it's close connections with Sony and the games made for it's consoles. First media would be expected from them but other magazines often broker deals to get the rights to show it first.

Small amount of updates today.Wikipedia has been updated following the release of the boxart. Similar to IMDB in that its entries can be edited by anyone, this now includes the boxart and speculation of th identities of the characters on the box. It leads me to believe it was done by a GTAF member as all posted had been posted here previously.

Speaking to some other members the conversation moved to whether they were pre-ordering and the best price for the game. The general online retailers (such as play.com & amazon) are sticking with a price of £29.99. Stores in local shopping centres will probably go just over the £30 mark.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jul 26 2006, 08:16)
Small amount of updates today.Wikipedia has been updated following the release of the boxart. Similar to IMDB in that its entries can be edited by anyone, this now includes the boxart and speculation of th identities of the characters on the box. It leads me to believe it was done by a GTAF member as all posted had been posted here previously.

I think it's AdriaanTGP who updates them, considering his sites are the only one's mentioned in the references rolleyes.gif

However, he does do a good job at getting stuff first, before any of the other sites.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

Wow, nice work dave, very nice idea icon14.gif .

jarjar rates good smile.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:57 AM

Great stuff. You sure keep good track of all the latest info. I think I shall make a layout this weekend, and let you run a fan site using my "ViceCityStories.net" domain inlove.gif

jman12343
  • jman12343

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:45 PM

Here is a link for info that is updated all the time.

http://en.wikipedia....ce_City_Stories

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jul 26 2006, 08:16)
[

Speaking to some other members the conversation moved to whether they were pre-ordering and the best price for the game. The general online retailers (such as play.com & amazon) are sticking with a price of £29.99. Stores in local shopping centres will probably go just over the £30 mark.

The price people in ireland and other euro using countries can expect will be from 49.99 to 54.99

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (jman12343 @ Jul 30 2006, 23:45)
Here is a link for info that is updated all the time.

http://en.wikipedia....ce_City_Stories

If you had looked at my two posts here you would have seen I have included that link already. confused.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

jarjar has asked me to add the link to his VCS Australian Gamepro scans. Seeing as this is the first concrete information on the game we have I am happy to add it. I won’t go into details as to what it reveals only that it will probably be the best PSP game this year and many to come.

In other news (or lack of it) the official site of the game has no updates and only a link to many online retailers to pre-order.

I purchased the latest PSW magazine to find no information or articles on VCS, I did however email them asking if and when they were planning to do some coverage on the game, what issue it may be in and if they could let me know ASAP.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

How about adding the facts that we got today in this topic? Already there are people who don't seem to know whats confirmed and what's not lol, n00bs

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:28 PM Edited by deadman28, 03 August 2006 - 12:32 PM.

do you think VCS will be on PS2? dozingoff.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (deadman28 @ Aug 3 2006, 13:28)
do you think VCS will be on PS2? dozingoff.gif

Its very likely, but until it is confirmed no one can say.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:53 AM

This one is not technically an article, but it is a complete overview of everything we know about VCS:

http://planetgrandth...&id=156&game=12

VIDEO: Check here for the video introduction of the Vance brothers from 2002's GTA: Vice City:

http://planetgrandth...s.Detail&id=141
or
http://youtube.com/?v=D_Pkpgn60Os

ARTICLE: Which Characters Will Return? An In-Depth Article/Preview:

http://planetgrandth...es.Detail&id=83

ARTICLE: Check here for a background story of the history of the Vance brothers:

http://planetgrandth...es.Detail&id=82

pokesomi
  • pokesomi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

Rockstar Games Offical Page The official page is up and running with a release date. October 17th 2006 anuj_cop.gif

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (pokesomi @ Aug 12 2006, 17:37)
Rockstar Games Offical Page The official page is up and running with a release date. October 17th 2006 anuj_cop.gif

Yea, that has been up for months now,

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:27 PM

i don't think this has been posted, although it says much the same thing as everything else.

The new issue of Australian Gamepro magazine includes an exclusive interview with Rockstar, which includes the first details about the next GTA game on PSP. From what the article displays, it seems like GTA fans are in for a great new experience!

• Victor Vance (Lance Vance's brother) is the main (and playable) character. Victor is 28 years old, a marine, and has said to be in 'peak physical condition'.
• Vice City Stories takes place in 1984, and the game is told to be two times as big as in GTA: Vice City.
• New and improved animations, characters will show more 'emotion'.
• A staple of the series, new vehicles, such as jet-skis.
• Unlike in LCS, you can now swim.
• VCS will feature a multiplayer mode very similar (if not identical) to the multiplayer shown in LCS.
• New weather effects (hurricanes!)
• More variation in missions.
• New water effects, including new effects for the new jetskis.
•The radio stations featured in Vice City will return, complete with new songs from the 80's.
• New loading system in VCS (for example, there are now only slight pauses before missions)
• Improved draw distances, said to be better than other titles.
• Increased density of pedestrians, cars, etc.
• Less "clumping" ('clumping" is where groups of pedestrians, using the same model, would appear together)
• A new theme park is introduced in Ocean Beach, complete with a rideable (and in first-person, too!) ferris wheel.
• Trip Skips (first introduced in GTA: Vice City) return in VCS.

However, there are some negatives...

• No character or vehicle customization.
• No climbing (such as in San Andreas).
• No integration between outdoor and indoor areas (a few seconds of load time seems probable).

Vice City Stories is shaping up to be quite an adventure to embark on. More will be posted as it is unveiled, stay tuned!

(Note: There are screenshots from the article, it isn't a typo. However, I'm waiting for permission from the author of the article, Chris Stead, to post them, to avoid any hassles. They will be posted as soon as I get permission.)

Source: GTAgaming.com

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:02 AM

From Issue 85 PSW

Vice Squad!

The newly revealed box art for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories has stunned fans of the mega-hit series by throwing up some intriguing questions about the games plot, setting and characters ahead of the official October 20 release date. The character sporting a handlebar moustache in the middle-left of the cover appears to be Umberto Robina, the Cuban gangster who was heavily involved in a gang war with the Haitians in the PS2 game. Back then, Umberto's missions for Tommy Vercetti included a checkpoint race in a boat and much mindless slaughtering of Haitians - a controversial aspect of the game that prompted genuine complaints from Cuban and Haitian groups in America. Another familiar face is the character in the top-right corner, who is most likely a younger version of "Big" Mitch Baker, the Vietnam vet whose biker gang hung out at the Greasy Chopper bar. Of course, this is exciting news for Vice City fans, but given that Liberty City Stories was a prequel to GTA 3, we should expect a similar timeline shift here in relation to the original Vice City. That means Tommy Vercetti will NOT be the lead character anymore. Likewise, we fully expect VCS to appear on PS2 in 2007 as work continues on GTA 4 on PS3. We'll have the full lowdown plus more screens of what will be the year's biggest and most wanted PSP game in the next issue of PSW.

As you can see, although this is only recently come out, they have missed out on all the major discoveries and news. Such as Victor being the main character, the return of Lance and discovering that the biker on the box art is just a biker pedestrian from comparison pictures.

Ben Fleming
  • Ben Fleming

Liberty City Lord

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

Wait, if VCS takes place before Vice, then that means that Tommy almost definately won't be in VCS... he was in jail for fifteen years, no?

Damn, I was hoping for at least one encounter with Tommy.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

Afraid so, Tommy will also not even be the island of Vice City as he served his 15 years at Liberty City prison.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (Ben Fleming @ Aug 19 2006, 18:35)
Wait, if VCS takes place before Vice, then that means that Tommy almost definately won't be in VCS... he was in jail for fifteen years, no?

we have a winner *ding* *ding* *ding* lol only joking tounge.gif

yeah i would love to see tommy back in vice again but its not to be.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 04 September 2006 - 01:20 PM

Not much to report from any magazines, as the majority of them have either been covered and/or scanned on this forum or in other popular GTA forums. Instead I have been looking at information currently available and trying to find any logic in it.

First thing on my mind was the listing of Lee Majors as Mitch Baker on gameFAQs, initially thinking this was breaking news I check the IMDB listing to find nothing of the sort.

This would lead me to believe that gameFAQs are either still assuming that the biker on the box art is Mitch, even though it was first established on these forums that it was just a gang member from the biker gang. Or they have received some sort of other information that would list him on their site. I even checked Major's own listing to find nothing of relevance.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:08 AM

Release Date

October 17th 2006 is the only date announced so far and this was given for a US release. Nothing has been released on a date for Europe/ROW but it is assumed to be October 20th 2006.

Music

Not much so far but the song playing in the first trailer is called I want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner. UK gaming magazines have also confirmed that songs from Blondie and Duran Duran feature on the radio, but were unable to go into specifics.

Reoccurring Characters

In my VCS character guide we speculated using previous evidence on the possibility of VC characters making appearance in VCS. The newly released trailer reveals that Victor Vance, Lance Vance, Brian Forbes, Umberto Robina, Ricardo Diaz and Phil Cassidy will all star in the game.

Familiar Surroundings

From looking at the new batch of screens the first familiar building or one from a previous GTA would be the King Knuts burger place. It was not only in LCS but now in VCS too.

ModMaker135
  • ModMaker135

Vice City Resident

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:31 AM

Remember to add that Leaf Links is in their, as seen in the trailer.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:01 AM

While it’s true that the entrance is their or something very similar to it, I’d rather wait and see the inside of it before comparing it to the Leaf Links we know and are familiar with in Vice City.

ModMaker135
  • ModMaker135

Vice City Resident

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:11 AM

Heres what the inside of leaf links is going to look like biggrin.gif
user posted image
If somebody could compare it to Vice Cities Leaf Links then we could see if there are any differences.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:03 AM

Good topic saintdave. Another thing you could put down for music is that over 100 songs has been confirmed.

Eichhorn
  • Eichhorn

Sciurus vulgaris

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Sep 6 2006, 09:08)
Release Date

October 17th 2006 is the only date announced so far and this was given for a US release. Nothing has been released on a date for Europe/ROW but it is assumed to be October 20th 2006.

PSPUpdates, have listed the european release as October 20th, dunno where they git the info, but it´s sounds more believeable now. Finally Europe get´s treated right...

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:11 PM

Well it was meant to have been delayed until the 3rd of November in UK/Europe and 31st of October in U.S.A.

Now however, IGN claim the game is out on the 20th October in UK/Europe and the 30th October in U.S.A. Until Rockstar themselves publish a fresh release date, it's mostly speculation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users