RC Helicopter (Demolition Man)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
forfuckssake
  • forfuckssake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

Hi Guys (girls?), any tips on how to complete Demolition Man? Having completed 80% of VC now I'm stuck on this one and it's blocking the way to the remaining missions. On the PC you'd have to be an octopus to be able to control the lil' f*ck*r correctly - and I cant' afford a PS at the moment!. Tried slicing the guards with the blades first too!
Ta, FFS

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (forf*ckssake @ Jul 24 2006, 14:52)
Hi Guys (girls?), any tips on how to complete Demolition Man? Having completed 80% of VC now I'm stuck on this one and it's blocking the way to the remaining missions. On the PC you'd have to be an octopus to be able to control the lil' f*ck*r correctly - and I cant' afford a PS at the moment!. Tried slicing the guards with the blades first too!
Ta, FFS

The durability of that RC Plane is you and I don't know why rahkstar2.gif put security guards with pistols in there. It has took me millions of tries but I can't get it. I have PC too.

M0rt@nius
  • M0rt@nius

The truth is out there...

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:21 PM

Yea, the default controls are really not ment for flying, but if you remap the controls that suit you you should have no problems with completing it. Here are the controls that I use:

Up arrow - fly up
Down arrow - fly down
Left arrow - strafe left
Right arrow - strafe right
Numpad 8 - fly forward
Numpad 5 - fly backward
Numpad 4 - turn left
Numpad 6 - turn right
Numpad 0 - drop bomb

So you have your left hand on the arrow pad and your right hand on the numpad and thus you won't have to move your hands while flying it.

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

well on PS it's actually quite easy, ever try investing in a controller for the PC, it's much easier with analog controls to manuver that "thing", I hated every minute of that mission though...damn guards shooting me down.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

If you're really stuck, look into GTAForums' Save N Play service, and/or Demarest's Time Vault - in this thread.

I'd suggest you search, but the feature has been disabled, so you're off the hook this time. wink.gif

forfuckssake
  • forfuckssake

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:45 PM Edited by forfuckssake, 26 July 2006 - 03:55 PM.

Thanks everyone who took the time to reply. I will in the first instance follow M0rt@nius's suggestion and remap the controls to see how I get on with it.
I have already tried eyeswideshut's advice and bought a controller - and I'm even worse with it than the keyboard! lol

Thanks Fuzzy Juzzy for the link - I'll have a read and see if Demarest's post's are an option - I already tried to work out how to hack (Mod) the files without any success so this could prove a real alternative!

Thanks again to all for promptly answering the first post of a newbie - and it just happened to be bawling for help and advice! If I'm ever able to contribute anything of interest to forum members - be sure I'll post them!

FFS

mc_chris
  • mc_chris

i slept my way to success

• Members

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (forf*ckssake @ Jul 24 2006, 14:52)
On the PC you'd have to be an octopus to be able to control the lil' f*ck*r correctly -

octopus ?
god this mission is so ez , i beat with a first try and even had a minute remaining ,
yea change the controls
lean down - NUM1
lean up -NUM0
drop the bomb - LMB/LCTRL

-FAmas-
  • -FAmas-

ViSe CitE oWnz!1!1!11

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

Yeah it was very difficult. Its a brain twister keeping track of all the buttons. I did manage to beat it though with 4 SECONDS LEFT! I was very proud. Then a few missions later my game crashed and I noticed I didnt save after that mission. bored.gif

Im kind of used to vice city freezing up on me so I got over it.

-FAmas-
  • -FAmas-

ViSe CitE oWnz!1!1!11

• Members

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

Wow after i posted that I went back and beat it on my first try. I DIDNT change the controls either. I guess you have much better chances when ur not heated or frustrated. I had like 20 seconds left this time.

Heihachi_73
  • Heihachi_73

Hey! My cab!!

• Members

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:35 AM

Vice City would only crash if you modified something. The game occasionally crashes when I change some cars' attributes in default.ide

Seems silly that the two other Hotring cars and the Romero's Hearse aren't usable without cheating. Same goes with the FBI Washington and Mr. Whoopee, they are never used by the CPU at all. Both cars were used back in GTA3 (Washingtons were Kurumas). So I just change the "ignore" value to "big" and go straight to Vice Port to collect my "unusual" car.

Two other bonus cars:

Spand Express. Two of these Mule style vans get blown up on the early Riot mission but it is never driven by the CPU or parked anywhere after.

Romero's Hearse. On one of the Haitian or Cuban missions you have to follow or destroy a hearse which drops coffins out the back. There's another hearse you can steal once the first one drives off, but that's the only time it appears.

Strangely enough editing handling.cfg to change the speed/handling/rolling of cars doesn't make the game crash...

In GTA3, you are told to crush a car with the dead body in the back, why not keep it for a laugh! It's only a crappy Manana but it's called "corpse", number 115, in default.ide - change the ignore bit to poorfamily or something and it should show up when you start the game. Throw it in your garage, save it, then revert to your original setting of "ignore" and there's your new car.

Hmmm, think I got carried away... way OT!

For the actual post - best if you grab one of those DualShock PC clones (or a USB PlayStation controller adaptor). Only thing with the PSX adaptors is the Triangle, Square, Circle and X buttons aren't analog (DualShock1 style) as they are on the PS2. I use both a Logitech Dual Action USB gamepad, and a PSX/N64 to USB adaptor for other games (e.g. Tekken 3 under a PSX emulator) as most PC controllers suck (round D-pad) when it comes to fighting games like Tekken.

GTA2Fanatic1112
  • GTA2Fanatic1112

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

just to say also the spand express is in the mission "jury fury" where the jurors car drives into it

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

Don't bump old topics please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users