Photo

A little bit off/on topic...you pic

6 replies to this topic
AnarchistSkull
  • AnarchistSkull

Anarchist

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

woulde'nt it be kinda neat that ,liberty city,vice city,and san andreas were all connected by roads somehow? you would have more avalible buldings to go in all in one game.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (AnarchistSkull @ Jul 24 2006, 07:55)
woulde'nt it be kinda neat that ,liberty city,vice city,and san andreas were all connected by roads somehow? you would have more avalible buldings to go in all in one game.

Yes, but it would never fit on a PS2, let alone a PSP. And unless there was soem kind of time warp between each bridge connecting them, they'd all have to look different to match a time period, one timperiod, as opposed to the other 3 that the games were based on.

People have even mentioned it many times for GTA4 in the next gen one, but i can't see it happening, not ever really, becuase R* want a new beginning, not an old re-hash.

However, either VCS or GTA4, it would be nice if there was one mission where you go back to a place in one of the other cities, say like, the grove in SA during a mission in VCS, like they did with liberty city in one of SA's missions.

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

Trust me, I'm a pipe smoker

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

They could do it on the PS3, but who needs to have 2 cities and a state, all of which are set up in different time eras, and with different texture quality

GTA needs some new maps. Let the revisiting get done on psp.having 5 cities is way too big for the psp to handle.

'nuff said

Cypress09
  • Cypress09

Vercetti Gang Member

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:24 PM

Who says it would't fit on a ps2? You could do a loading screen between san andreas (which is on one layer) and liberty city + Vice City (which are on layer 2 of the dvd). People are making a mod for San Andreas the same way for pc, the map of how the islands are connected can be found there.

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:14 PM

But that's all stored in your Hard disk which is 40-200GB big, A double layerd DVD is just around 8gb. And there's a lot of scripting to do.

the PS2 was having trouble with SA alone, image having all 5 cities. and they woudlnt' make sense either. VC is based on Florida, SA is based on Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. don't know about LC

MJ2k
  • MJ2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (matthew1g @ Jul 24 2006, 21:14)
don't know about LC

... New York.

East, south and west coast USA. It would be dumb to have them all joined together with bridges. Plus it would just be making more trouble for themselves for future US settings.

matthew1g
  • matthew1g

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the fill in. I think this is the last GTA for the PS2. Now, they're making a new city for the PS3/xbox/pc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users