Photo

The GTA Plot Template.

15 replies to this topic
NonRetard
  • NonRetard

The Erotic Neurotic

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

It's pretty obvious that the PSP GTA series is for fans only: admirers of the story arc of the games, not just the games themselves. I know I'm not the only one here who is clearly hypnotized by the GTA universe and the characters scattered throughout it. It's an interesting place, and I like every chance I can get to revisit it as much as possible. Why? Because I'm a fan of GTA... yes, an admirer of the story arc.

Being an avid fan, I've realized that it doesn't take a MENSA member to realize that all the Grand Theft Auto games are similiar. Some of its detractors despise the franchise (well, not everyone has accurate taste buds) for that very reason. Game play is mostly the same, albeit a few welcomed modifications have been made since III. And the plot for every episode in the series starts and ends the same way.

It's a template if you will.

It's <year>. <Person> comes/returns to <Place>, gets caught up in the crime scene, makes a bunch of money to basically retire, and stays put in <Place> to settle down for the remainder of his life.

In GTA3, it's 2001. Claude ends up in Liberty City, gets caught up in crime, makes a bunch of money and in a sense...remains stranded in Liberty City.

In VC, It's 1986. Vercetti is sent to Vice City.. and ends up making the place his own, with money constantly flowing around him. He becomes a wealthy man through various means like revenue and such.

In SA, it's 1992... Carl returns to the state of San Andreas...to make things right, and by doing so... makes a sh*tload of money, and remains as his brother would say 'Grove 4 Life.'

So with the GTA PSP series, it's all about filling the spaces in between the three games. And by doing that, the infamous locations are revisted in the game to set the stage (or dismantle it) either leading up to or following the above games.

So, in LCS... the objective was to set up III. But in order to set up a GTA related game, you have to follow the GTA template. That's exactly what Rockstar did:

It's <year>. <Person> comes/returns to <Place>, gets caught up in the crime scene, makes a bunch of money to basically retire, and stays put in <Place> to settle down for the remainder of his life.

So.... It's 1998. Toni Cipirani returns to Liberty City, gets caught up in the crime scene, makes a bunch of money to basically retire, and stays put in Liberty City to settle down.

So with all that money (and the Elvis suit), what does Toni do with it until III and beyond?

Opens a restaurant with his mother. Gains weight. And pays people to blow up Triad factories. And sits around waiting to die.

LCS, by no means, is necessary. It is simply used to answer questions for the most avid of GTA fans.

So, we speculate about Vice City Stories. And do so efficiently, we use the template. The template is used to answer our biggest questions.

I'll give a try, I guess.

It's 1983. Ricardo Diaz comes to Vice City, gets caught up in the crime scene, makes a bunch of money to basically retire, and stays put in Vice City to settle down for the remainder of his life.

Make sense?

Anyone want to try?

None of this makes sense, does it? cryani.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

that is a good theory and it actually works so GTA VCS next character might actually just be diaz, nice work mate

Hitman_90
  • Hitman_90

im no player hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

It better not be Diaz i dont wana play as some midget ass hole sorry for the language.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:56 PM

It won't be Diaz.....IMO. I don't think R* would use a character who eventually dies in a later game. It wouldn't be interesting. Many fans would be like, "Who cares how this guy overcomes the odds and makes great wealth in the process, he's just gonna' die anyway."

Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:37 AM

this kinda is off topic but if you look at the templates about III, VC,SA all the characters are in liberty city in one point in time and well old roads lead to liberty city lol and...dont you think that in one gta game it could be next gen or it could be GTA SAS if ther is one they might show an opening cut scen that shows all of the previous main charcters reunite or somthing in one big battle or some sh*t

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (Royal55 @ Jul 18 2006, 01:37)
this kinda is off topic but if you look at the templates about III, VC,SA all the characters are in liberty city in one point in time and well old roads lead to liberty city lol and...dont you think that in one gta game it could be next gen or it could be GTA SAS if ther is one they might show an opening cut scen that shows all of the previous main charcters reunite or somthing in one big battle or some sh*t

that is a good theory man

Pastor Richards
  • Pastor Richards

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:40 AM

well... someone sure knows their Propp's Morphology

porksterx
  • porksterx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

Think about, Cipriani in LCS is a pretty good looking not too old Italian fellow with a strong deep voice, well then we move onto Cipriani in GTA III, we got a balding fat guy who resides at home with Ma and his little resteraunt, we had no idea what his story was, now we know. It works perfect for Diaz as well, we see him in VC as a fat little spanish mexican whatever prick and he is also balding and basically sits down and does nothing all day except for pay people to do his dirty work just like Toni, I mean come on Toni went in to pull a routine job at that laundromat and nearly got his ass handed to him on the way out, young Cipriani would have busted out a head shot on one and then dismembered the other ones body so you couldn't even tell who he was. Diaz may have been like Cipriani when he was younger, a pretty bad ass guy not taking any crap from anyone gunning down mafioso's left and right, who knows, perhaps we'll find out. I mean hey I wouldn't mind playing as a younger Diaz, and if you think about it with the whole prick thing I mean Vercetti, Toni C, CJ were all pricks as well at one time or another, Claude may have been as well who knows. I don't think Diaz would be a bad character to play as.

Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 18 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

and the thought of us founding out why claude was a mute just popped into my head i think we will also see why he was in the future idk maybe a mission of somesort in vcs or sas that shows him getting some disease and he talks before but really raspy or he gets shot or something in a certain spot and loses his voice permanetly idk just a thought

azkickin
  • azkickin

I Love Titties

• Members

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:29 AM

Ya know I think the main character might be Phil Cassidy or Mitch Baker before Vercetti got to VC. In this case the only thing that could be certain is if its set early than VC the V-Rock DJ would be that guy who called into Lazlow complaining he stole his job Cousin Ed I think it was.

Jawsh
  • Jawsh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:06 PM Edited by Jawsh, 21 July 2006 - 06:08 PM.

Kent Paul anyone? There could be lots of reasons why he could be the main character. 1. He knows Vice City inside out, so we maybe get to learn more about Vice City with him as we play as him. 2. His voice actor (Danny Dyer is it?) is a pretty good voice actor, who is quite popular among british television. 3. Wouldn't it be good to play as someone who's NOT american? He could have only just moved to America, so he doesn't know the laws, and gets himself into trouble easily. 4. He looks in a pretty fit state, so he'd be able to run and walk. 5. He must be rich in Vice City, so it could explain how he got his money e.g doing jobs for gangsters. He also doesn't die..

Some people might say my idea is a pretty crap one, because Kent Paul is english, and he sounds pretty stupid, and would get extreamly annoying through-out the game.

I think playing as Mitch Baker would be pretty crap. A game of GTA centered around biker gangs? Then GTA wouldn't be sticking to it's roots, and focusing more on bikes then cars.. And I think Diaz would be a pretty crap protragonist too.

Or, Vice City Stories could (probably most unlikely) be set after the events of Vice City. If so, I'd love to see an older version of Tommy and some of the characters from Vice City. But I wouldn't have the foggiest who the lead character could be.. There's still Kent Paul living..

Informant X
  • Informant X

Liberty City Informant

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:07 PM Edited by Informant X, 21 July 2006 - 07:09 PM.

Maybe it could be Lance Vance, or his dead brother that was spoken about before. His brother had a connection to Diaz so maybe Diaz could be the main character and you kill off Lance's brother, or you play the game as Lance's brother and die at the end, but I don't see that happening. Col. Cortez could be up for the role too. Kent Paul is a great lead role as well. Those characters will definitely be tied together somehow. WE might be surprised and have a female lead role such as Mercedes.

CrazyPyscho
  • CrazyPyscho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

At first i thought Diaz would be crap, but when the guy sed about Toni C being young and not being a crap taker and then becoming a lazy old mafioso paying people to do jobs for him, and i thought yea Diaz could work but it didnt change my original idea. I thought maybe Cololnel Cotez, because like Diaz he pays people to do his dirty work, but when i was playing gta III i did get the feeling that at one point he did things for himself, but with Diaz i got the feeling that all he did was come to VC buy some drugs,sell them,get some money,buy even more drugs,sell them get even more money buy more drugs sell them get an ass-load of cash buy a nice mansion hire some thugs get them to buy and sell his drugs and if they stole money he would kill them. But with Cortez i think he was in the army did something, was kicked and got a little pissed off for being kicked out after years of faithful service, so decided to work against them, but to do that he needed to be sitting comfortably so he does a few jobs, then buys a nice big boat and hires money obssesed thugs (Tommy Vercetti) to steal tanks and park them in lockups.(And yea i know that i talk to much.) biggrin.gif

porksterx
  • porksterx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

I think Leo would have a good story behind him because when Rico calls and tells you to go to the cafe he says he have to have some cajones to kill Leo, yet he was so easy to kill. Maybe we could find out why he was such a big deal in VC , yet again R* may not want to put a main character that dies in the near future. I think it would be fun to play as him.

Ninjah
  • Ninjah

Raijin Clan Jōnin

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

Assuming that the protagonist wont die later in the story and will have some higher criminal rating in VC (same went for Toni in III&LCS) then it could be Mitch Baker or Umberto Robina.

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Ninjah @ Jul 22 2006, 20:14)
Assuming that the protagonist wont die later in the story and will have some higher criminal rating in VC (same went for Toni in III&LCS) then it could be Mitch Baker or Umberto Robina.

yes i have said dis in a previous topic i totally agree wit you, mitch or umberto pre vercetti vc.
umberto reminds me of toni in gta III toni wars wit triads umberto wars wit haitians toni has a restaraunt umberto has a cafe, but ive read in a vc game guide "his (umberto) bravery has been questioned within cuban circles,mostly because hes never been personally implicated in a crime".

so this for me kinda points the finger towards mitch baker who stated to tommy that, he had to do his homework too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users