Photo

Theory

13 replies to this topic
Stuch
  • Stuch

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:55 AM

VCS was predicted but not what we we where expecting. If I'm not wrong, I remember Rockstar stating that we would see another portable GTA, with a new map and new playable character ect.

Instead we're getting VCS, which won't be a new map.
This lead me to believe that VCS is a delaying tactic. While they're in production of a completely new title, they release VCS to keep us happy.

This would certainly fill in for the impossibility of getting SA on a UMD. It could even help to fill in the unexplained bits of SA, as LCS and VCS have done.
Maybe my brain is in overdrive, maybe not. I hope this is true though.

gregandrews
  • gregandrews

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

maybe they want rockstar leeds to do some bloody work so they let em have vcs as well as lcs.

and this would then allow r* north to work on a newer gta like u said mate

MasterOftheBoard
  • MasterOftheBoard

Master of the snowboard, that is.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (_Stuch_ @ Jul 11 2006, 10:55)
VCS was predicted but not what we we where expecting. If I'm not wrong, I remember Rockstar stating that we would see another portable GTA, with a new map and new playable character ect.

This lead me to believe that VCS is a delaying tactic. While they're in production of a completely new title, they release VCS to keep us happy.

This would certainly fill in for the impossibility of getting SA on a UMD. It could even help to fill in the unexplained bits of SA, as LCS and VCS have done.

Well rockstar never said that it was going to be a new city they just said it was an "all new" gta. VCS is an all new gta with a new missions and stuff.

JamesEarlCash
  • JamesEarlCash

Carney Island Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:24 PM Edited by JamesEarlCash, 12 July 2006 - 03:54 PM.

QUOTE (_Stuch_ @ Jul 11 2006, 05:55)

LCS & VCS are both just a mirror for the sun. Sidedishes to keep us occupied and keep up our appetite for the main course, being GTA4; they were a just nice way to round off the GTA3 series and fill in the void in sales revenue generated by the GTA franchise from 2004 onwards to 2007 and it keeps the nice folks in Leeds employeed. R* were never going to shell out all that development cost for developing a brand new map for a by-the-by handheld game when they're even too cheap to hire the original voice-actors in some circumstances thanks also in part to hot-coffee, so yeah get real.

I strongly believe R* always had the intention at least since San Andreas of releasing GTA4 in october 2007 (the releases of LCS, VCS are somewhat irrelivant in this context) as it marks GTA's 10 year anniversary. Afterall October 2007 is GTA's birthday.

Informant X
  • Informant X

Liberty City Informant

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:41 PM Edited by Informant X, 21 July 2006 - 07:44 PM.

This is how I think it will be. You will play the role as Colonel Cortez, at war with the French mob in VC. Somehow there will be a connection beetween Lance Vance's brother and Cortez becoming allies, kinda like Tommy and Lance. You can really tell from the cutscene for the mission in VC "The Party" that Cortez has an uneasy feeling with Diaz's prescence at his party so you kinda get the feeling that Cortez wanted to rub out Diaz behind his back, or something in an attempt to do so in the past had failed. Notice that Tony had a grudge with the Triads in LCS, Cortez has a grudge with the French. Kent Paul is more of a comedy relief so we can look forward to his supporting role as VC guru in VCS. Mercedes could be a good prospect for lead role cuz Tommy really digged her when he met her at first, and theres something about bad guys magnatizing to bad girls. Just a theory. I look for Lance's brother and Cortez to team up against Diaz and it will come down to Lance's brother trying to be Mr. bigshot like his big brother Lance and trying to take over on his own and Diaz killing him in a bloody war. I also look for there to be an even deeper history beetween the Vance family and Diaz. Rosenburg will be tied to Cortez being his friend and all so past experiences between him and the Colonel will set into place in how they became friends. How else would it be into existance for Colonel Cortez being the party V.I.P and knowing all these important people in VC? Simple, he did a lot of work on the streets to meet them.

azkickin
  • azkickin

I Love Titties

• Members

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

There's a flaw in your theory Lance's brother was killed in the opening scene during VC he was the guy with the drugs and Lance was flying the helicopter. So you can throw that out the window.

Informant X
  • Informant X

Liberty City Informant

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Well, maybe it's just me but I think that man had a little bit too much accent to be Lance's brother. He was more like a columbian than anything. If it is actually Lance's brother, is there irrefudable proof of it somewhere? And how could one that plays GTA like it's oxygen miss this?

Rown
  • Rown

inhabitant of the memetic infosphere

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:05 PM

Well for one, yes Lance's brother is dead. Lance is bitching about it most of the time you work with him.

QUOTE (Lance)
"He killed my brother, what do you expect me to do mow his lawns?"

QUOTE (Lance)
"and my dead brothers white lady"

Yes the man in the opening has an accent. But thats not enough to say it isn't his brother.

Also Ken Rosenberg stated only seconds before that they were going to meet 2 brothers. One does the flying the other handles the business. Notice who is flying the helicopter, it's Lance.

Therefore the other is most likely his brother and as you can pretty easily see... he's dead.

Onto my second point, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TOPIC!

Back on topic:

As has already been said, I'm pretty sure Rockstar only promised a new game with new missions. VCS fits the mold of that. And like the other guy said, I doubt they would go through the trouble to make a whole new map... for a handheld.

Just my thoughts.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

thatsoccerguy
  • thatsoccerguy

Eh

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

i guess the only thing to get these idiots to stop saying that portable gta's are a "sideshow" is a mythical SAS. but come on, you work people to death for months just for a sideshow. LCS is way to detailed to just be momentary pleasure. gta would have gone portable long ago if there was a handheld system that could contain it. sure they might just fill in the blanks, but who says you cant make a story out of that. its really a good idea.

thatsoccerguy
  • thatsoccerguy

Eh

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

i guess the only thing to get these idiots to stop saying that portable gta's are a "sideshow" is a mythical SAS. but come on, you work people to death for months just for a sideshow. LCS is way to detailed to just be momentary pleasure. gta would have gone portable long ago if there was a handheld system that could contain it. sure they might just fill in the blanks, but who says you cant make a story out of that. its really a good idea.

thatsoccerguy
  • thatsoccerguy

Eh

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

sry double post

anyway, rahkstar2.gif is known to be thorough, which usually takes awhile. also, if it was a quickie it wouldve only been for ps2

Stuch
  • Stuch

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:52 PM Edited by _Stuch_, 24 July 2006 - 06:56 PM.

QUOTE (thatsoccerguy @ Jul 23 2006, 22:21)
sry double post

anyway,  rahkstar2.gif is known to be thorough, which usually takes awhile. also, if it was a quickie it wouldve only been for ps2

Triple post now. icon13.gif You could have just edited the second one.

QUOTE (Rown Posted on Jul 22 2006 @ 17:05)
Back on topic:

As has already been said, I'm pretty sure Rockstar only promised a new game with new missions. VCS fits the mold of that. And like the other guy said, I doubt they would go through the trouble to make a whole new map... for a handheld.

Just my thoughts.

Rown  rampage_ani.gif
Im not so sure, they've had/still do have plenty of time to create a new map, missions ect. It only took 1 year to get VC out.
They could be in production of a title for release around the time of GTA4, possibly even to en-corporate the PS3-PSP feature...Wait no, GTA4's on the Xbox too. Damn, was good while it lasted.
Anyway, they have the money and the potential for more money to be made is there.

[EDIT] The more i look into it, the more i contradict myself. I suppose Rockstar would be in such a hurry getting GTA4 ready, they wouldn't have time to do all that. wow.gif

flore
  • flore

nothing more

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 07:32 PM Edited by flore, 24 July 2006 - 07:35 PM.

I don"t think you theory can be true, but this give me the idea of another theory(which can't be true but...) :
don't you feel it's strange that we're near the end of July and there is no info, no screenshoot ? I mean maybe R* will release a really all new gta on psp, it may be called "Vice city Stories" but it don't happen in the same "vice city" as GTA:VC but R* let us think it's the same. no ?...... ok I know it's stupid but It's better than the vice city we already know

MJ2k
  • MJ2k

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (flore @ Jul 24 2006, 19:32)
I mean maybe R* will release a really all new gta on psp, it may be called "Vice city Stories" but it don't happen in the same "vice city" as GTA:VC but R* let us think it's the same. no ?...... ok I know it's stupid but It's better than the vice city we already know

Well done, you win the prize for most stupid VCS idea yet tounge.gif
Just kidding, but no.
That's never going to happen.

It would lead to confusion. I think we can safely relly on the fact that the game will be set in the same Vice city.

But we can at least hope that it's set in a time period slightly more distant than the 3 year difference of LCS from GTA3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users