Photo

anyone else get dizzy playing GTA?

32 replies to this topic
bball_1523
  • bball_1523

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:15 AM

I've had a problem getting really dizzy playing GTA and any other FPS/first person 3d games. I have no clue why, but it really bugs me and has pretty much prevented me from even playing these games now.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you've gotten over it?

PixelJ
  • PixelJ

Code Lyoko!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:17 AM

Wow, your so dizzy you made like 5 topics! catspider.gif

Forfit
  • Forfit

nein

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:18 AM

I see you missed Sag's "Mail Errors and other Forum Errors" Forum. rolleyes.gif

It's called motion sickness. In fact, on this one car game i purchased, i was reading the Terms and Conditions and it said in there "If you begin to feel dizzy, back away from the computer for awhile." True story.

bball_1523
  • bball_1523

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (PixelJ @ Jul 9 2006, 06:17)
Wow, your so dizzy you made like 5 topics! catspider.gif

sorry about that, I received an error when I pressed submit and I didn't know if it posted or not until I did it a few times and checked.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:56 AM

Can't say i've ever gotten dizzy from playing any kind of game. confused.gif

djboi
  • djboi

Delux Car's INC

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

Nope not me , but on the PSP Manual it says if you are playing games like that you should take a break every 1 Hour and 30 min.

Mafia Drive Gunner
  • Mafia Drive Gunner

Fetishist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

That's just a disclaimer so people don't put in insurance claims from migraines and sh*t like that. It's all so they don't get in trouble when people get serious problems from way too much time playing.

If you are getting dizzy, get outside away from it, or see a doctor or something. Basically cut down your playing time.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:18 AM

You are just getting extreme motion sickness from the game. Your perception is thrown off by the movement on screen with the stillness of your body and surrounding area. I've heard about some gamers having this. Just get those motionsickness patches from the store or pills for it.

Nothing too much to worry about.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:37 AM

I think you may be overdoing it when you start getting dizzy from playing a game.

nothing a small break from the screen won't fix.

It's happened to me...sort of. See, when I played Pokemon Red/Blue a long time ago, my eyes woud get really blurry. Just back away from the screen and limit your gaming time if neccessary.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:08 AM

I can get dizzy sometimes if I turn the trails on in Vice City. Reason being my TV is somewhat blurry already and the trails make it even worse. If I play it with trails on another TV I have no problems, like my downstairs TV for instance.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:16 AM

Never got motion sickness from a GTA, BUT...

I played SA to 100%. Then got it for PC and played to 100%. Then didn't touch it in forever. When I picked it back up, the first time I was up on Mt. Chiliad, I was uneasy as if I was really able to fall a great distance. It was unreal. But any day on the green side of the grass is a good day wink.gif

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, some gamers get motion sickness. My brother's ex-girlfriend couldn't play Goldeneye as it made her feel queasy.
Now that's just cruel.

Runestoner
  • Runestoner

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:56 AM

Can't say that i have gotten dizzy before from GTA, but NASCAR 06 made me a little dizzy once.

Damn on-board camera.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:03 AM

I get sick from games with poor, low res textures.

bball_1523
  • bball_1523

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

well the problem is right when I start playing I get dizzy...so basically I can't even play without getting dizzy lol

Made-Man
  • Made-Man

A member title, huh?

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Dizzy? Dizzy? You must be on drugs or something, no offense. confused.gif Maybe you have some sort of mental disease? sigh.gif

Fealiks
  • Fealiks

What's with these homies dissin' my girl?

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

It's like in a car, when everything outside moves, "in your window", and the rest of the car is still, your brain can't decide wether is is mobile or stationary. Basically, your TV / PSP screen is like a window, and when your house isn't moving along with the stuff on screen, you get a bit dizzy. When Doom and Wolfencastle and all those premiere FPS games first came out, loads of people where going to the doctor complaining about sickness and dizziness after playing such games. At first, they thought it may have something to do with the electricity or something, but they soon realised that the more obvious diagnosis was correct: motion sickness. It's really nothing to worry about.

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:16 PM

Well i get dizzy if i havn't had enough sleep, so maybe you need to get more sleep so you wont feel dizzy when playing games? Or it's just motion sickness...

Wtf is Wolfencastle? It's Wolfenstein damn it mad.gif I hate it when people get that name wrong.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

It actually wears off. I had this problem with the old turok games for N64. After a few breaks, you'll be able to play it no problems.

GM Dude
  • GM Dude

Back in da hizzouse, ya'll!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:12 PM

That has almost never happened to me{except one night when I played X-Men Legends 'till 4:00 in the morning}, and it usually isn't that bad.

But if it gets worse, you should consult your physician for further advice.

GlockWorkz
  • GlockWorkz

quasimoto = love

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:41 AM

I got dizzy playing Final Fantasy X after Sin's attack (If you play this game). I told my brother to save for me because I litterally felt like throwing up. And as the jackass he is, he refused to save because he was in the middle of a Starcraft game. bored.gif

God, I have awful memories rushing in again......

bball_1523
  • bball_1523

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (kippers @ Jul 9 2006, 19:16)
Well i get dizzy if i havn't had enough sleep, so maybe you need to get more sleep so you wont feel dizzy when playing games? Or it's just motion sickness...

Wtf is Wolfencastle? It's Wolfenstein damn it  mad.gif   I hate it when people get that name wrong.

I get about 8 hours a night on non-school days, and 7-8 hrs on school days.

It really ruins my day when I get dizzy, I just can't think straight, and it just prevents me from enjoying my day.

When I drive it is fine, but when I'm playing the game, it's over!

so far I can only play those sim games like sim city 4, or the sims without getting dizzy.

Sixdust
  • Sixdust

April 2nd, V2

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (bball_1523 @ Jul 10 2006, 12:11)
QUOTE (kippers @ Jul 9 2006, 19:16)

Wtf is Wolfencastle? It's Wolfenstein damn it mad.gif I hate it when people get that name wrong.

I get about 8 hours a night on non-school days, and 7-8 hrs on school days.

It really ruins my day when I get dizzy, I just can't think straight, and it just prevents me from enjoying my day.

When I drive it is fine, but when I'm playing the game, it's over!

so far I can only play those sim games like sim city 4, or the sims without getting dizzy.

Well the same thing happens to my programming teacher, so he just plays games like world of warcraft instead, I think that its the flashing colors, or there may be a psychological issue that causes you to be dizzy around blood. ( A kid in elementary school fainted when I played goldeneye in school and also he would get dizzy from his own nosebleeds.

Hanney
  • Hanney

Hardcore VC-MP Fan.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:21 PM

SA for the PS2 makes me feel dizzy because of the resolution and the draw distance also the heat waves in the distance sometimes make it fuzzy and i feel sick or have a sore head after awhile. Another reason for this could be that horrible horrible Los Santos orange sky!! Is it like that in L.A in a sunny evening?

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

There's only one game that's made me feel like chucking up..
Tony hawks pro skater 3, i've never touched tony hawk games since.

XMike
  • XMike

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

I've never gotten dizzy because of a videogame, but they have given me headaches. If I were you I would just lay off of those games for a couple days and see if they still make you dizzy. Ask a doctor for a definate answer.

Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ Jul 9 2006, 02:18)
You are just getting extreme motion sickness from the game. Your perception is thrown off by the movement on screen with the stillness of your body and surrounding area. I've heard about some gamers having this. Just get those motionsickness patches from the store or pills for it.

Nothing too much to worry about.

Yeah, just pop those pills whenever you're about to play - seems logical...

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

I just had motion sickness by a videogame once... in the beach, i was very drunk, then decided to grab my PS2 controller and play GTA:VC and after 5 minutes maybe, I had to throw up.

I wasn't drunk enough to throw up. But somehow playing vc made a worst effect.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:10 AM

I used to get it when playing Timesplitters 2/3. Then I toned down the turning speed. No more diziness since then.

bball_1523
  • bball_1523

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Hanney @ Jul 11 2006, 12:21)
SA for the PS2 makes me feel dizzy because of the resolution and the draw distance also the heat waves in the distance sometimes make it fuzzy and i feel sick or have a sore head after awhile. Another reason for this could be that horrible horrible Los Santos orange sky!! Is it like that in L.A in a sunny evening?

na it's not that orange. You can just see brown pollution on the horizon, and traffic is a MESS.

good thing I live in the suburb.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users