about the bad effect after using cheat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
lsc04361
  • lsc04361

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

i know that using cheat may not complete 100% save. but someone say that using cheat for too many times will make the mission become difficult to complete. is it right?
what means"many times'? how many?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:53 AM

Just never save after using the Peds Riot or similar behaviour-altering cheats. That is the only thing proven to cause any problems. Other cheats are fine; the number of times used should not matter.

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

i kept two game saves and i noticed that when i used cheats that some of my cars would disappear out of my garages....has anyone else noticed that? i had two modified cars in my garage it was a 2 car garage and i loaded my game up and poof gone...i just got another but didnt trust that place it was the beach house...

Chicco GTA
  • Chicco GTA

::Vercetti Mafia Family:: ::Consigliere::

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (eyeswideshut @ Jul 6 2006, 09:29)
i kept two game saves and i noticed that when i used cheats that some of my cars would disappear out of my garages....has anyone else noticed that? i had two modified cars in my garage it was a 2 car garage and i loaded my game up and poof gone...i just got another but didnt trust that place it was the beach house...

Can't say that it's happened to me d00d as I haven't cheated.

It doesn't surprise me that, that happens though. Another one of R* small punishments for using cheats in one of their GTA games.

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:03 AM

i just wanted to see what itd be like to spawn a bunch of cars and fool around with stuff...thats why i saved it in a different spot...got my cheat game and my non cheat play straight thru game

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (pdescobar @ Jul 6 2006, 07:53)
Just never save after using the Peds Riot or similar behaviour-altering cheats. That is the only thing proven to cause any problems. Other cheats are fine; the number of times used should not matter.

That's not entirely true.

Apparently if you use cheats maybe more than 100 times, there is a mission that you can't complete.

It's the mission where you have to catch Madd Dogg in your truck, while he jumps from a building.

From what I've heard, if you used too many cheats, you can't catch him in time.

I also remember hearing that using cheats can cause basketball glitches, meaning you can't use the basketballs anymore. Also caused by saving at Madd Dogg's house.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jul 6 2006, 23:52)
QUOTE (pdescobar @ Jul 6 2006, 07:53)

Apparently if you use cheats maybe more than 100 times, there is a mission that you can't complete.

It's the mission where you have to catch Madd Dogg in your truck, while he jumps from a building.

From what I've heard, if you used too many cheats, you can't catch him in time.

The 100 times stuff isn't true, the cheats that pdescobar stated will affect the mission involving you catching Madd Dogg as he will be crazy and not behaving the way it's scripted.

No cheats have an intentional "punishment", GTA:SA is a big game and putting cheats in it would require a lot of extra testing and extra money testing the cheats for effects.
QUOTE (pdescobar)

monocle.gif icon14.gif

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS
  • KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

I Saw Your Mom in GTA3 and my Health Went up!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:56 AM

well...

IN VC if u evcer ues any cheats: Your stats goes down teh toylet.

thats punishment!

eyeswideshut
  • eyeswideshut

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:22 AM

yeah I always hated that you drop like mad. I think I went from like 5000 to like -1000 but thats only if you use the spawn cheat which in the beginning of the game I was tired of seeing the same cars...

MrRottweiler
  • MrRottweiler

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

I've never used cheats for any GTA. It would ruin it for me not only because of the potential technical problems but also because....its cheating.

Gone are the days of getting cracked floppies for my trusty Amiga. Infinite everything! Who could have completed Psygnosis' Shadow Of The Beast II without the 'ten pints' cheat? It would have been literaly impossible. When I used the cheats for DMA's Lemmings I would just make them all dig and watch them plummet for the comedy value. Never completed it! Never completed it!

I also cheated with Xatrix's Kingpin which ruined it so I wont ever do it again. Why pay through the nose for a title only to lose gaming experience through cheats. Now my gaming skills have improved I dont need to cheat anyway.

I am right in assuming that cheats and mods are NOT the same?? I've not used mods either but only because I havn't got round to it.

javaguy
  • javaguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

cheats: inbuilt into the game
mods: thrid party

both change the way the game is/works

you cant use mods on V2 of SA though

most of the GTA cheats are just hillarious.. I never use the silly never die ones because they are boring but rioting- flying cars.. its all just hillarious! Im not using one cheat till I get to 100%.. then I shall have fun happy.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (KUNFUCHOPSTICKS @ Jul 7 2006, 13:56)
well...

IN VC if u evcer ues any cheats: Your stats goes down teh toylet.

thats punishment!

Only your criminal rating.

PD and Simon know the deal. The adverse effects are not punishment intended by Rockstar. You've only yourself to blame if you get in a pickle after the use of cheats - you're warned every time you go to save that it may not be wise to do so.

Cheats do NOT prevent 100% completion. As with previous GTAs, the only real problems are those that can't be turned off (i.e. the code is does not toggle the effect); and mission-specific problems where cheat functions mean necessary actions in a particular mission are carried out in an unintended fashion, which MAY cause a mission to be un-passable.

Bottom line: Don't save with cheats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users