Photo

Official Street Racing Topic

286 replies to this topic
BicoNelic
  • BicoNelic

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

STREET RACING IS FOR RETARDED RICERS THEY ACTUALLY THINK THERE CARS ARE FAST LOL THEY ALWAYS WEAVE IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC f*ckING DUMB ASS RICERS GO BACK TO JAPAN

Djonemore
  • Djonemore

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:09 AM Edited by Djonemore, 07 July 2008 - 04:54 AM.

I argee, higheays are the best... light traffic I can cruise at 100 with ease here in S. Jersey, When I want to race, I do a 55mph pull with another car, like... my friends SI, needless to say I won by toping out at about 135 or so and he let off like 125.. But when you are racing at those speeds, you need to make sure your tires are properly inflated and you are using the right speed rated tires too, I have Z-Rated Michelin Pilots low profile tires on my ride and they are capable of that speed.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:14 AM

Yeah, tires are important at those speeds.
Mine are at the right psi usually, and my new tires are limited to 115mph, which is just fine because if the Camaro is anything like the Beretta, it's limited to 112. The speedo only goes to 110, which I've taken it up to as I said in my above post. Didn't take it any further as I was about to hit the off ramp to the bottom right (out of frame).

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:25 AM

Your 140 hp Camaro can probably do all of 115 mph (if not slightly more). You'll be pushing the limits of those tires. Might wanna upgrade. It's better to be safe (at unsafe speeds) than sorry.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

"The chickens are plotting..."

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

Fastest I've ever gone is 157 (pretty much pegged, the limiter is 159) on a highway in North Carolina. My tire pressure has it's own read-out inside so I can keep track. It's fun, but it makes doing 60 feel like walking, so it jades you out from doing the speed limit.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

I'm sure it'll hit 115, possibly more. It feels like it can still pull a bit at 110. I don't plan on going that fast much at all, so I'm not worried.

@ TLC, haha, I know how that is. Going even 90+ then slowing down to street speeds just feels so funny. Makes you feel like you're just creeping along.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Motherf*ckin' bump. If anyone else contributes I'll a few stories but I don't wanna look like a jackass all by myself.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:57 PM Edited by Outcast, 06 April 2012 - 11:51 PM.

Haven't been involved in any street races before but I do have one story from my first year at uni. My friend and I bought a used Peugoet 206 GTi that you see all those boy racers driving in the UK. Looked quite cool at the time tbh, sh*t thing was it would scrape across speedbumps even at like 2mph and there was a sh*tload of speedbumps in halls at uni.

Looked something like this but in a gunmetal gray colour
user posted image

Anyway, back to the story. We were leaving a shopping complex at like 10pm and we were sitting at the lights with a Citroen Saxo (also been lowered, had a bodykit etc you get the idea) and the lanes we were in were both to go straight but a way down after the lights, the lanes merged. Anyway as the lights turned green we both hit the gas (we just wanted to get to the lane merge before them) and they hit the gas as well (not what we expected) but we went for it anyway, we made it to the lane merge first and we cut in front of them and that didnt make them very happy and they chased us all the way back and sh*t nearly went down. They pulled up next to us and we traded some insults and they spat at us and drove off. Glad nothing serious happened but it was pretty intense in the moment. lol

Not really a street race but its the closest story I've got. Oh and the 206 was stolen a couple months later when uni was out for summer vacation.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

The only 'street race' i've had was against a sh*tty old Fiesta with a 90's bodykit and a huge exhaust. I was driving to work on a dual carraigeway and over my radio i hear alot of engine noise, i look in my mirrors and there's an old fiesta coming up quickly in the fast lane, it flew past me doing twice the speed limit but the lights ahead changed forcing it to stop, i pulled alongside it to admire the polyfilla bodykit and awful noise. The tit was sitting there revving his engine so i was just looking at him when he glanced at me and revved upto the redline, at which point i pointed and laughed. I had a feeling his car wasn't very fast and just sounded loud so i put my Mondeo in the sport mode, put it in drive, and lay in wait for the lights. The second the lights went from red to amber i floored the gas and left him quite far behind. The awkward moment when your 'tuned' hatch gets left in dust by a moderately powered family saloon.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

you know those sort of cars are actually quite fun to drive, the 206 GTi was one of those and cuz it was so battered already we really didnt mind throwing it around.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Dawn Of Indifference/Nuked To Ashes

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I don't street race. Street racing (in the accepted and traditionally stereotyped sense) is for children who aren't man enough to take it to circuits, which have corners designed to be challenging rather than those that are just challenging because someone's parked like a tosser. In my view, a street race isn't really a race if it's happening on 2-lane, straight roads with plenty of sight lines- the closest you get to a "race" on public roads is on tight single-track or single-lane minor roads, where following the car in front is as much about actual driving skill as it is who has the heaviest foot and the largest disregard for the safety of others. However, I do like a TLGP (that's a traffic light grand prix) from time to time, and chasing sports car drivers out on their Sunday hoon on a decade-old, vaguely knackered Triumph was always a laugh.

An old colleague of mine bought an exceptionally ropey Volvo 850 AWD a few years ago, which he kept cosmetically rough whilst uprating the brakes, suspension and engine, and performing a manual conversion. I spent a few sunny evenings with a crate of beer helping him fit and bleed a set of enormous (I think they were 380mm) 6-piston milled aluminium AP Racing brakes he'd drunkenly bought second-hand from a race car parts supplier. The original intent had been to actually race the thing, but there aren't many club-level classes that take AWD, 2.5L turbocharged estate cars. In the end I think it ended up with about 350whp thanks to a huge Holset turbo and pistons/rods from a S60R, and had pale grey velour seats from a base spec model. It was insanely fast and thanks to a down-turned exhaust, diesel badging and the 70 Ebay bought TSW wheels (required for the brakes to fit) it was a proper sleeper. I remember getting a ride with him to a track day, 2 up with a picnic basket and a full set of spare 850 touring car wheels (another Ebay purchase) avec BTCC cut slicks in the boot, only for some oafs in a belly-scraping Clio 172 to decide that cheap Ebay street wheels meant "up 4 a race, innit?".

The looks on their faces when this diesel-badged, mismatched-colour Volvo on the pikeyest wheels you'll ever see and full of (what from a distance I can only presume looked like) heavy crap spinning all four wheels in fourth on a damp motorway before launching off into the distance was a sight I'll never forget. The looks on their faces when they arrived at the same track day as us, to find the thing outside, hazards flashing and being loaded onto a tow truck having eaten the rear diff some 5 minutes earlier, I doubt I'll forget either.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

I've only done some "Drag" style races in my short time driving. A few friends of mine all went to a friends farm, where they happen to have a huge, flat drive way that is never used. We spent a good hour doing rolling, flag, and reverse starts on that bad boy. It was my Bonnie vs a 99 Honda Oddessey, 94 Jetta, 02 Cavalier, and a Probe. The probe beat me in the flag drop start, bitch driving it got a better launch tounge.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

Sounds quite uhh, exciting...

wink.gif

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 02:17)
Sounds quite uhh, exciting...

wink.gif

If I can find a video, my excited voice after a race makes a lot more sense. wink.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:32 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 12 April 2012 - 05:35 AM.

A guy at work recently bought a 2012 Camaro SS/RS. 40k, $700 a month and he was very smitten that it was the baddest ass thing there. He spent his whole savings towards it and had no daily driver. So I brought my Z in one day, and afterwards on the way to a car meet we had a few runs on a highway. After putting about a car or two on him, he decides to let his friend drive it (he's new to stick), and on the way back we ran a few more times. This time, it was closer, however between 30-80 mph he was nowhere near my bumper. At 90-120 mph he was reeling me in VERY slowly until he met up with my side mirror and we let off.

tl;dr: Camaro's gears are too tall for it's own good under acceleration.

Not really a race but last Saturday on the "strip" in my town, an IS300 was harassing the sh*t out of me with his girlfriend in the passenger seat. Not once did she look over. After a while my friend leaned out and said, "Your girl looks embarrassed, dude". He rolled his window up and continued to follow and rev at me.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I officially hate car drivers. Don't get me wrong, I have dealt with some sh*t when out on a morotcycle when it comes to some idiot/agressive/oblivious drivers on the highway, but nothing as bad as today. To make it even better, this was my first ride after actually buying my 2003 GSXR1000.

As I was driving down I376 around the Beaver Falls, PA area, about a half dozen kids in their rice boxes came up along side me to harass me a bit. I had just come of a nice ride on another, less-busy road so I had no real intent on doing 140mph+ speeds. I was just cruising down the highway, sitting almost straight up. These kids driving, from what I remember, an RSX, CRX, Tiburon, and a few other various fart-can-loud, just as obnoxiously painted and body-kit-clad vehicles. Before I go further, I say "rice box" as in this not just as a basic term for any asian vehicle. The kids surrounded me and revved, laughed, and almost crashed their cars at one point as if they were taunting me or something. I got pissed real quick. One thing led to another and I got a bit of free space to speed up and leave them behind me but no...they had to try and keep up. I didn't try to hit 160 and escape as if my life depended on it. I just accelerated away. They kept up with me to about 100mph laughing and acting as if they were going to swerve into my lane. It was getting dark and the 54F day was feeling more like 35F. I didn't want to just romp on the throttle because the Diablo Strada rear was cold and a little slick...but I did it anyways. I crested the hill, passed a cop while doing about 140-160mph, and they still were behind me doing 100-120mph. I hopped off of the highway and turned back northbound on the highway. The cops had 4 of the cars pulled over with about 5 trooper cars doing to ticketing. I actually got a wave from the trooper I passed earlier. I think he was happy I bated him a few idiots for some tickets.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

One of my buddies just got his Honda with over 30 PSI of boost on the Dyno, over 700 hp at the wheels.. Curious to see it in action, and will post a vid as soon as I do... but it wont be from the passenger seat, I can tell you that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users