Photo

Film grain

10 replies to this topic
jshell
  • jshell

(*336*)

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

does anybody know how to get rid of the film grain when it rains?

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:19 AM

ye i really really hate that, its the most annoying effect after those fu*king black road bugs, i think it changes if you fiddle about with the visual effects option but it still remains, it doesnt do that on the ps2

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:51 AM

you mean in SA? there is no way to alter it, visual effects settings don't do anything with it. Essentially, your stuck with it. And its identical to the ps2 SA rain last i checked.

Black road bugs..?

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jul 9 2006, 00:51)
you mean in SA? there is no way to alter it, visual effects settings don't do anything with it. Essentially, your stuck with it. And its identical to the ps2 SA rain last i checked.

Black road bugs..?

In the distance the road is black, it doesn't look all to pretty. The solution to this 'black road bug' is to force Anisotropic filtering on via your graphic card settings icon14.gif.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Simon. @ Jul 8 2006, 07:01)

Black road bugs..?

In the distance the road is black, it doesn't look all to pretty. The solution to this 'black road bug' is to force Anisotropic filtering on via your graphic card settings icon14.gif.

hmm, does anyone have a screenshot of that? i have a hunch what it might be, though im not 100%..

Edit: the reason i ask, is because i can artificially create an error on my own with the exact "symptons" you describe, and fix it, without the need to change any GFX card settings. I say "artificially create", because i dont have the problem described by default.

Here, i've reconstructed an error as you decribe, by altering some values in the games' memory concerning texture filtering.
user posted image

..and here i've re-set it.
user posted image

My fix sets the filtering mode for these textures to, uncoincidentally, anisotropic (by default, in my game anyway, its set to Linear).

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:48 PM Edited by Simon., 08 July 2006 - 12:51 PM.

user posted imageuser posted image
16xOff

EDIT: That's exactly it DexX wow.gif.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

indeed..
i'll have to add that to my list of things to do/fix. Funny, when i bought my copy of SA, it didn't say "beta" anywhere on the box. Oh well, fixing R*'s bugs is just another part of SA modding yawn.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (DexX @ Jul 8 2006, 12:12)
QUOTE (Simon. @ Jul 8 2006, 07:01)

Black road bugs..?

hmm, does anyone have a screenshot of that? i have a hunch what it might be, though im not 100%..

Edit: the reason i ask, is because i can artificially create an error on my own with the exact "symptons" you describe, and fix it, without the need to change any GFX card settings. I say "artificially create", because i dont have the problem described by default.

Here, i've reconstructed an error as you decribe, by altering some values in the games' memory concerning texture filtering.
user posted image

..and here i've re-set it.
user posted image

My fix sets the filtering mode for these textures to, uncoincidentally, anisotropic (by default, in my game anyway, its set to Linear).

dude, you'll be my hero if you can solve this, how did you take it off?

the anistropic filter thing dont work

pull_my_trigga_en_call_me_nigga
  • pull_my_trigga_en_call_me_nigga

my name is Ehsan!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:59 AM

Well i dunno if it helps or not:
I found out that if the road texture has more mip maps you hardly can see the black thing and if it has 2 to 5 mip maps the black thing is near you , so I set up the mip maps for the texture to 10 and I can hardly see the black thing. rolleyes.gif

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

how do you do that?

pull_my_trigga_en_call_me_nigga
  • pull_my_trigga_en_call_me_nigga

my name is Ehsan!

• Members

Posted 10 November 2007 - 12:19 PM

I did it with G-TXD which supports mip mapping.the results were good and it makes the game smoother and faster.
I tried mip mapping on your plant mod and it was perfect with it. maybe you have to try it wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users