san andreas stories fake website

i didnt knew where to put it

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

Quite pointless...

sh*t photoshop job, probably from someone dumb enough to think that a game that fills all of a DVD-9 is gonna have a prequel/sequel on PSP.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2006 - 04:37 AM

Atleast if you are going to make a fake website atleast make it not so obvious like crapppy photoshop work, ads on the page, and a dodgy url. The Vice City Stories fake was so much better.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:58 AM

Lol no one would even know about that unless it was like a .com. But i mean .piczo.com lol!

The logo itself is dam shoddy.

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:11 PM

Shoddy is an understatement tounge.gif

If you're gona make a fake webby, at least use more than one page. I mean come on, what a waste of time it was copying the VCS page and just adding San Andreas stories.

/Me messes around with my new toy tounge.gif GTAF FIREFOX EXTENSION

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 03 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

Wow, they couldnt get the PSP logo, R* leesds, and a 2 min photoshop job the guy probably did in like a half hour.

That website sucks. mad.gif

ForgottenPassword
  • ForgottenPassword

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

1 word, piczo.

I wish that site would go up in flames

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (TheDude5000 @ Jul 1 2006, 23:49)
sh*t photoshop job, probably from someone dumb enough to think that a game that fills all of a DVD-9 is gonna have a prequel/sequel on PSP.

When you have a post with the words, "Someone dumb enough to think that..." in it, you should try very hard to get your facts straight. Like, for example, keeping in mind the fact that San Andreas was no more than 4.2GB on both PS2 and PC, and published on single layered DVD, and therefore not being even half of DVD9, would be a start. Then you might want to consider the fact that arround 2GB of that was audio, and most of the remaining data was textures, and you'd realize that fitting it all on 1.8GB with slightly lower resolution textures and less audio is not much of a stretch.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:55 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 04 July 2006 - 03:58 AM.

QUOTE (K^2 @ Jul 4 2006, 03:05)

When you have a post with the words, "Someone dumb enough to think that..." in it, you should try very hard to get your facts straight. Like, for example, keeping in mind the fact that San Andreas was no more than 4.2GB on both PS2 and PC, and published on single layered DVD, and therefore not being even half of DVD9, would be a start. Then you might want to consider the fact that arround 2GB of that was audio, and most of the remaining data was textures, and you'd realize that fitting it all on 1.8GB with slightly lower resolution textures and less audio is not much of a stretch.

In all this time I forgot about those subtle details. But, it would still have to be quite a stretch.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:48 AM

even if rockstar do make a san andreas stories which is bound to happen like most people are predicting, and theyve already made LCS and VCS is on the way san andreas will be to big to put on a umd so it will have to be los santos stories or san fierro stories or las venturas stories and a wild guess at something like the johnson story (i no its not a place but it could happen)

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Seddo87 @ Jul 4 2006, 11:48)
even if rockstar do make a san andreas stories which is bound to happen like most people are predicting, and theyve already made LCS and VCS is on the way san andreas will be to big to put on a umd so it will have to be los santos stories or san fierro stories or las venturas stories and a wild guess at something like the johnson story (i no its not a place but it could happen)

did you not read a few posts above?
San Andreas could fit on a single umd. They could also remove a lot of the cars to make it fit, and by 2007 sony may have released a new battery and start allowing developers to use the full 333mhz.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:52 AM

It may have the space but its the actual PSP's hardware that would be a bit more of a stretch then LCS and VCS was. Still it's possible if Rockstar do some major tweaking to the game engine then it will work. Only time will tell though.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Jul 3 2006, 22:05)

When correcting someone else, its prudent to make sure the data your correcting them with is accurate:
Sa PS2-
Total Size: 4.19gb
Audio folder: 2.8gb (not "around 2gb", there's an 800mb difference!)
Rest of game: 1.39gb

Sa Pc-
Total Size: 4.68gb
Audio folder: 3.23gb
Rest of game: 1.45gb

I suppose if you made the game blurry as hell with tiny little textures, got rid of the detail on the models and used scratchy, low resolution audio, and eliminated alot fo the features that made SA fun, it could conceivably fit...

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:14 AM

I don't belive there will be a San Andreas Stories. But just to show the create of this topic how simple it is to create a fake website, i made one. I did this the same way The GTA Place did with there April Fools joke (fake) website about GTA4. It's can be found here. It's not much, but it shows how easy it is, i simple took the HTML code from the Vice City Stories website, fixed the links and made a fake Logo. Very easy. smile.gif

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:39 AM Edited by Barbaneez, 14 December 2008 - 10:01 PM.

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:03 PM

God I get tired of these "SAS wouldn't fit on a UMD" posts. FFS you guys were probably the sames ones who said SA would never fit on a single DVD a few years back. It's called compression. Look the word up. Every year they find new ways to use it to streamline data and audio to fit more on the same amount of space. They also create newer technologies for the disks themselves to fit more data on them. We're barely past the 1 year mark in UMD's life. Double density or double sided UMD's are always possible or both which would make for 5+ gig UMD's. Bigger than a standard DVD...

They will have to lower the texture quality and resolution because it's going on a smaller screen. They'll also probably have to lower the sky ceiling to keep it simpler, but planes should still work. Audio is the big gotcha when it comes to making a SAS. We can hope they find a way to keep enough in the game to keep that important part of the experience alive.

Why don't you just wait and see next summer like the rest of us instead of screaming they can't do it every time someone touches on the subject.

ChrisJP
  • ChrisJP

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

Rockstar don't even own www.SanAndreasStories.com, I think they would have snapped that up had they been planning to make the game. I suppose they could still grab it though if they registered it as a trademark.

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

there is oging to be a san andres stories.
I don't care what anyone says, it's already been said that disc space will not be an isuue at all, it will continue the pattern, and the psp will be able to handle it, since the screen is so much smaller than a normal tv they can cut the texture size, and polygon count down a lot, perhaps remove some of the traffic, and peds there's not too much going on at once, but it can be done. and with such a long time to work on it I don't see why it won't happen.

NIKIN
  • NIKIN

mortal gamer (soon to be god hopefully)

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

besides, when the PS2 was new, they said that something the size of SA would be oin 4 discs or something, so why can't it be done??

wierd25
  • wierd25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:08 AM

well it probably wont be done but they could do a final fantasy type thing and have it on 3 or 4 discs., but i doubt they would go throught the hassle

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Got my own theme music, plays wherever I are.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

IMO it can be done, and it will be done.

GTA:SANANDREAS1
  • GTA:SANANDREAS1

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:14 PM

I can't believe someone actually wasted time on making that piece of crap!

>PAUL<
  • >PAUL<

Pivot Makes Stick Animation So Easier!

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

Why Bother?

this is just a waste of topic space,
.PICZO for starters, thats just stupid
R* have way to much time and intellegence
to use PICZO and then you could see the logo
was home/photoshop made and wasent made
very well, what a waste of topic space

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (>PAUL< @ Jul 8 2006, 15:56)
Why Bother?

this is just a waste of topic space,
.PICZO for starters, thats just stupid
R* have way to much time and intellegence
to use PICZO and then you could see the logo
was home/photoshop made and wasent made
very well, what a waste of topic space

i said it was fake............

>PAUL<
  • >PAUL<

Pivot Makes Stick Animation So Easier!

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:09 PM

Yes, but i thought i little effort had been put into it
But obviously not...

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

I just read in PSM magazine, now, before I go on further, I'm not trying to start another "It can't be done" vs. "It can be done" argument, so don't reply so negatively at first, but I read, where they were talking about Vice City Stories, that you can bet that next year in October, there will be San Andreas Stories. Don't go flaming me and sh*t cause I'm just posting what they wrote in their magazine. Think about it for a minute and then discuss it like a normal human being.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Jul 9 2006, 12:39)
I just read in PSM magazine, now, before I go on further, I'm not trying to start another "It can't be done" vs. "It can be done" argument, so don't reply so negatively at first, but I read, where they were talking about Vice City Stories, that you can bet that next year in October, there will be San Andreas Stories. Don't go flaming me and sh*t cause I'm just posting what they wrote in their magazine. Think about it for a minute and then discuss it like a normal human being.

Context, and the actual source are more important. Is it Mr Houser confirming there will be an SAS? anything less than a word from R* or T2 is rumor at best.

Scan the article if you can.

NIKIN
  • NIKIN

mortal gamer (soon to be god hopefully)

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

you say that, but OPS2 are expecting a return to LC in GTA4, but that doesn't mean it will happen

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Date Posted: 6/23 7:26am Subject: Yes, there will be a San Andreas Stories, according to Game Informer...
The new issue has a short article that talks about GTA IV and VCS, and this is the last sentence:

"And for those of you whose light bulb hasn't gone on yet: You can expect to see a San Andreas Stories for PSP sometime in the future too."

Game Informer Statement^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forums from IGN stating what Game Informer said. Click this link!

That's from a forum on IGN. I forgot, Game Informer also said it. No, I couldn't get the scan of the PSM artice about the same subject because I don't have the issue, I just read it at the store.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (>PAUL< @ Jul 9 2006, 17:09)
Yes, but i thought i little effort had been put into it
But obviously not...

i just founded it ,isnt mine biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users