Claude Speed

20 replies to this topic
Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:14 AM

Is Claude Speed from GTA3 in GTA2? That would be so mysterious. What year does GTA2 take place in? I saw that it takes place in the near future so does it take place in the 21st century after GTA3? I want to know some answers. Grand Theft Auto games are really full of questions and answers and coriousity.

mibars
  • mibars

GTA2 Mapmaker

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:20 AM

As I remember form "promo movie" of GTA2 main character was Claudie Speed. (check on official GTA2 site - look for "The Movie")

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

GTA 2 is not given a timeline only that it is in near future, most sites point to 2007, in either case it is set after every previous GTA game.

His identification caused a lot of speculation until San Andreas confirmed most things. Until it was revealed to be Claude Speed, the same character that appeared in GTA 2 and GTA 3. Maria nicknamed him fido causing a lot of people to think that was his real name.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

I still think his name is Claude because in LCS, Maria called Toni, Fido once I think.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 30 June 2006 - 01:15 PM

There’s no thinking about it that is his name. It has been proved. Fido was just a nickname Maria gave him and as you mention others who work for Salvatore.

CaliMex
  • CaliMex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

The character from GTA 3 is not the same character in GTA 2. It has not been proven. The only thing that we know is that Claude is indeed the first name of the character from GTA 3 but he was not given a last name. If Catalina had said his last name then we would know if he is infact the character from GTA 2 as well.

Another thing about it is that if you look at the GTA 2 website journals, they all have dates ending in 13 (which is where the year is placed in dates, usually). This is the official website and you can find the video where it says the actor who played as Claude Speed. You could say that these journals were written around the same time that the game took place because why would they use a past date or later date? That 13 could mean that it takes place in 2013 so that would place the events that took place 12 years after the events in GTA 3 (2001). Claude would look a little older by then but both Claudes look like they are both around the same age.

To truly know, we would have to ask Rockstar themselves to see if both Claudes are the same person but right now they only share the same first name.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

gregandrews
  • gregandrews

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:39 PM Edited by gregandrews, 13 July 2006 - 02:42 PM.

he looks like him, its the guy out of the bill that used to be in the lock stock... series on c4, as for the same guy like it was said its not been proven but he dressed similarly. And as for when it was set the actual game made it seem like it was about 2020 or so, but the cut scenes showed him driving a modern day white van (transit style) so who knows the vids might have been totally unrelated and just there as something to watch cos the cut scenes on gta 1 were a bit pathetic

edit: go here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0556494/

scroll down it says quote "Grand Theft Auto 2 (1999) (VG) .... Claude Speed
... aka GTA2 (USA: promotional title) "

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:54 PM

I never wanted to admit it, but Claude is definitely the character from GTA3. Like everyone said, San Andreas confirmed it. The player model even looks like the actor who played in the promos for GTA2. Same walk and everythng.

There's just a huge defferince between 2 and 3 that can't be reconciled.

CaliMex
  • CaliMex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:00 AM

I read the same thing that both Claudes wore similar clothing in other articles but I know I saw it in Wikipedia. Well I just wanted to state that only his first name is confirmed but that it isn't truly confirmed that they are both one in the same. Rockstar will probably leave it like that but if people really want to see them as one then it's cool. I just won't and I will be the outcast trying to sell cookies for a living. Chocolate chip cookies!

rubba_dukie
  • rubba_dukie

Floating in a sexy bathtub near you

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

Doesnt Claude Speed get shot in the gta2 movie? According to wikipedia the gta2 movie contradicts the way Claude is showen in gta3 and san andreas.....look it up.

Miner
  • Miner

GTA2 Modder, Tank Driver. Uses debug to see car data, it rocks.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

At the end he gets shot by some... hired russian guy?(In the head, so he wont come back, somehow.)
Right after that fight in that place between to... gangs. When he leaves the building.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:34 PM Edited by simplyunkillable, 29 July 2006 - 11:38 PM.

the movie ending is different on certan game platforms, websites etc. so him dieng isn't cannon. and in gta2, he was supposed to have come out of a cryogenic prison, so that explains why he looks the same age in both games.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Jul 29 2006, 23:34)
the movie ending is different on certan game platforms, websites etc. so him dieng isn't cannon. and in gta2, he was supposed to have come out of a cryogenic prison, so that explains why he looks the same age in both games.

yeah. Can anyone upload the GTA2 ending vid?

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

one resion is on rockstar's site.

G®€€n Lan†€®n
  • G®€€n Lan†€®n

In darkest night...

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (CaliMex @ Jul 7 2006, 06:02)
The character from GTA 3 is not the same character in GTA 2. It has not been proven.

Please. It's been proven dozens of times.
  • They wear the exact same outfits. (Black jacket, tan/greenish cargo pants, navy shoes)
  • Same haircut
  • Same mannerisms
  • Same FIRST f*ckING NAME.

Unless Rockstar has nothing better to do with their time making games than make a character look and act exactly as the one they've been using since GTA2, then they're the same guy.

rubba_dukie
  • rubba_dukie

Floating in a sexy bathtub near you

• Members

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (G®€€n Lan†€®n @ Jul 30 2006, 10:09)
QUOTE (CaliMex @ Jul 7 2006, 06:02)
The character from GTA 3 is not the same character in GTA 2. It has not been proven.

Please. It's been proven dozens of times.
  • They wear the exact same outfits. (Black jacket, tan/greenish cargo pants, navy shoes)
  • Same haircut
  • Same mannerisms
  • Same FIRST f*ckING NAME.
Unless Rockstar has nothing better to do with their time making games than make a character look and act exactly as the one they've been using since GTA2, then they're the same guy.

SAME FIRST NAME? OH MY GOD! THEY MUST BE THE SAME PERSON!
dontgetit.gif

Haro
  • Haro

I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Members

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

GTA 2 is not given a timeline only that it is in near future, most sites point to 2007

I thought it was around 2030's.

Jawsh
  • Jawsh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

Extract from Wikipedia:

''Unlike other games in the series, GTA2 is set in the near future (the game's manual uses the phrase "three weeks into the future", and phrases such as "X weeks into the future" or "X minutes into the future" are common phrases meaning "near future"; fictional journal entries on the GTA2 website suggest the year to be 2013, in a metropolis referred to only as Anywhere City. Its overall aesthetic style is a combination of cyberpunk with vintage-styled vehicles.''

I think that just about sums it up.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (lord fido @ Jul 30 2006, 10:41)
QUOTE (simplyunkillable @ Jul 29 2006, 23:34)

yeah. Can anyone upload the GTA2 ending vid?

Ending vid? They blew their budget making the intro movie. This is all they could afford to make for the ending.

MrKooKie
  • MrKooKie

GTA2Modding.com

• Members

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:14 AM

Let's send letters to Rockstar; WE WANT THE ENDING OF GTA2 INTRO MOVIE. They have a whollotta budget now I guess. suicidal.gif

Silberio
  • Silberio

Me haz UpGRAd3d grAMMer!!11

• Members

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:48 PM

it is Claude "fido" Speed, even if he gets shoot by the wacko-russian in the intro movie, if some1 here remember the GTA3 intro movie, he gets shot by 2 Colt 45's...IN THE HEAD, and all he gets is to be mute 4 whole life.
2nd he dosnt look older or younger cuz it is U.S.A. and he gots Million cash from everywher...and comon'! its a game....duh...
3rd its claude..

and here is the list of names of all the dudes

Claude "Fido" Speed Vargas Williams

Tommy Nich Vercetti Tallieti

Carl "CJ" James Jhonson McAllen
suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users