Photo

Phil Cassidy

20 replies to this topic
Multiformat Gamer
  • Multiformat Gamer

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:19 AM

From LCS youll notice the person in the middle of the mafia from GTA 3 is Tony Cipriani so in VCS it will be Phil Casidy.

Phil moves from vice to liberty so that makes sense that it would be him it fills in the missing gap.

Noru
  • Noru

Whats to tell?

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 02:39 AM

if it was to fill in the part why he left vice city and went to liberty city, I would'nt really want to play as someone that only has one arm

Asif
  • Asif

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:44 AM

Phil Cassidy had turned as a one-arm guy most probably after what happened to him in that VC mission (Boomshine Saigon). He perhaps then moved to LC after that. Moreover, it is hard to think a one-armed guy as the main character.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Say hi to your mom for me.

• United-States

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Asif @ Jun 28 2006, 22:44)
Phil Cassidy had turned as a one-arm guy most probably after what happened to him in that VC mission (Boomshine Saigon). He perhaps then moved to LC after that. Moreover, it is hard to think a one-armed guy as the main character.

What year is VCS supposed to take place though? Unless it's been told, it could be 1983, three years before VC just like LCS is three years before GTA3, in which case Phil would have both arms.

Regardless, I really don't think Phil Cassidy is going to cut it as the main character.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

Could you not have posted this in the other Phil Cassidy thread? Not moaning just stops the forums getting too cluttered with posts of the same topic.

As said it really depends on the time line. He is in Vice City from 1986, but we know he has moved to Liberty City from 1998-2001 and mabe to present day.

4rdi
  • 4rdi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:48 PM

Yess.. I'd like that. Phil has this cool lawness aura around him. But the the game should be before the VC, something like 81..83, besides that characters would be younger then, Phil lost his arm in VC. Only bad aspect I found for him is that in GTA3 he claims that he lost his arm in Nicaragua. Even though we know that it happend in VC, there would be continuity error if Phil realy did fight in CIA's secret war to aid contras in Nicaragua. Or maybe I just found a way to connect VCS to Mike Toreno and have another view of the Iran-Contra Affair, where Phill for example could steal and deliver guns to someone, somehere... Well, Phil is in my opinion the best choice.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

Apparently Phil was so drunk on boom shine all the time that he thought he lost his arm in the war which we know he didn’t.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

More like he was defending his pride. Even though you're drunk, would you forget an arm?

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jun 29 2006, 18:55)
Apparently Phil was so drunk on boom shine all the time that he thought he lost his arm in the war which we know he didn’t.

He thought this because he woke up in the army hospital. Well that's my theory anyway.

Moth
  • Moth

Sweet Roll Thief

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Parky.1 @ Jun 29 2006, 19:05)

He thought this because he woke up in the army hospital. Well that's my theory anyway.

that theory makes the most cents

JamesEarlCash
  • JamesEarlCash

Carney Island Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (The general2 @ Jun 30 2006, 20:00)
QUOTE (Parky.1 @ Jun 29 2006, 19:05)

that theory makes the most cents

What I never get is why in GTA3, Ray Machowski specifically states in a cut-scene that he and Phill both served in Nicaragua together in the US army, FACT... which is contradicted by the Phill Cassidy we know in Vice City, which brings me to the point its either sloppy storytelling on their part or its not the same person. Which makes you want to question everything we think we know.

JamesEarlCash
  • JamesEarlCash

Carney Island Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:22 AM Edited by JamesEarlCash, 07 July 2006 - 01:43 AM.

I also love the MANHUNT "WHITE TRASH" rumor which suggests that Phil Cassidy is/becomes a white supremisist by the 00s dispite living in Little Hatii in the 80s. His trailer in Vice City (with the not to mention "herritage not hate" confederate) was conviniently placed in a nearly identically replicated trailer in a junkyard full of nazi skinhead supremisists with nailguns (they all wear masks so you can't tell) hunting you because of you're me James Earl Cash, an "impure" "half-breed" of supossed latin origin.

*In case you didn't know "Herritage not hate" is a distinctly racist southern term. Its used by whites as an excuse for romanticizing a time defined by racism/segregation/slavery and mass-genocide. Herritage not hate my a**.

TheCrazy1
  • TheCrazy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:13 PM

I personally think Lance Vance will be the main character cause we know nothing about him before/after Vice City and he seems to be the best character to fit the role besides Phil Cassidy

Werleman1
  • Werleman1

Werle

• Members

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (TheCrazy1 @ Jul 15 2006, 22:13)
I personally think Lance Vance will be the main character cause we know nothing about him before/after Vice City and he seems to be the best character to fit the role besides Phil Cassidy

He dies at the end of Vice City, so if he is the main character it would take place before the events of Vicy City.
Unless they make up a way that he could have survived.

TheSpillCanvas
  • TheSpillCanvas

Valiant

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jun 29 2006, 02:34)
QUOTE (Asif @ Jun 28 2006, 22:44)

What year is VCS supposed to take place though? Unless it's been told, it could be 1983, three years before VC just like LCS is three years before GTA3, in which case Phil would have both arms.

Regardless, I really don't think Phil Cassidy is going to cut it as the main character.

Didn't Phil lose his arm during the explosion in Vice City? The mission where you had to drive him to the military hospital.

bob_rogers
  • bob_rogers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (TheCrazy1 @ Jul 16 2006, 11:13)

He dies in vice city so i dont think hey'll make a main character that one day dies.

I Personaly think the main character will be BJ Smith tounge.gif

Xanarki
  • Xanarki

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:01 AM

Wouldn't bother me. Lance seems to be a cool guy, and since he was in the drug dealing/crime with his brother before Vice City took place, he seems like the type of guy.

But who else do we have?

Diaz: How the hell did he become so rich and have his own gang? He must have did some big things to get that rank.

Umberto: He too is also a violent guy and how did he become the Cubans leader?

Mitch: He seems like the type of badass to do 24/7 crime. But The Bikers is a small gang, and he didn't play a very big part in the story at all.

Phil: The above statements seems correct. He likes blowing stuff up and loves to shoot weapons. So he seems like a good character for the game as well.

All the other characters in Vice City don't seem to do crime (carjackings, killings, odd jobs etc), such as Avery, Rosenburg, Cortez. So those 5 can really be the only ones that we can play as, unless it's Sonny or Tommy (most unlikely though).

porksterx
  • porksterx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:11 AM Edited by porksterx, 17 July 2006 - 01:14 AM.

Phil Cassidy is BS if you ask me, in GTA III he says, "If I had you as my partner back in Nam maybe i 'd still have my other arm." Then VC shows us the dumb ass wasnt in Nam he was in Vice City and blew his arm up by his own self. Personally, Phil has never really been my favorite and I really don't like him, I would be upset if he was the main character in VCS, anyone else would make me happy.

Oh another thing I'd like to find out is why did Tommy owe Sonny money anyway maybe that will be the storyline.

!GOURANGA!
  • !GOURANGA!

420 Time!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:48 AM

Phil would be a great character. Better then Claude, Tony, and CJ added together. Nowhere near as good as tommy but much better then them.

I wouldnt mind playing as BJ though happy.gif

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:24 AM Edited by rashon125, 17 July 2006 - 03:30 AM.

QUOTE (porksterx @ Jul 17 2006, 01:11)
Phil Cassidy is BS if you ask me, in GTA III he says, "If I had you as my partner back in Nam maybe i 'd still have my other arm." Then VC shows us the dumb ass wasnt in Nam he was in Vice City and blew his arm up by his own self. Personally, Phil has never really been my favorite and I really don't like him, I would be upset if he was the main character in VCS, anyone else would make me happy.

Oh another thing I'd like to find out is why did Tommy owe Sonny money anyway maybe that will be the storyline.

Tommy owed Sonny money because in the opening cutscene of the game,

***Major Spoilers Below!!!***

Tommy, Harry, and Lee (Harry and Lee are not major characters) tried to make a deal with Lance's brother but Diaz's men as said by Lance killed Harry, Lee, and Lance's brother. Tommy survived and Lance escaped in the helicpoter. Lance and Tommy got back at Diaz for gaining his trust and then Diaz betrayed Tommy by kidnapping Lance and then Tommy striked back by killing Diaz and taking over his mansion. About the money, the deal wasn't made since the money was in Lance's brother's hands and at that point he was shot and killed. Sonny tells Tommy to make back his money and that's basically what started the mess that was Vice City.

I would have put more but I can control myself. tounge.gif I would've put the part about the final mission.

Oh yeah and Phil Cassidy is too weak to be main character even though he's sharp with guns. Click on this link to see what I'm talking about.

http://www.gtavice.c...haracterhealth/

porksterx
  • porksterx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:50 AM

Well I played and beat VC but I did'nt watch the opening scene never did watch GTA III's opening til after I beat it then it all made sense, since then I watch the openings to the games tounge2.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users