Photo

Myriad Islands Gangs

35 replies to this topic
lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:24 AM

What is going on with gangs. Is Myriad gonna have gangs? What could be the turfs/territories ? How could they look like ? And their cars?

In the VC Myriad Islands there was more o' less a kind of criminal gang, a kind of german guys that used a white polo shirt. They drove this kind of german car and only showed up in Odie's German District.

I'm doing in my lot a little mexico themed thing. And I hope that when steve-m finishes with the paths we could make a new pedgrp.dat with all the Myriad Islands districts/Islands and then Grand Tani. We could assign gang turfs in the map. If someone posts a map with all the Islands (Northern, Comercial , GrandTani) I could make a little sketch version of the gangs.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:42 AM

We already have a punk gang (Illy made some ped models for that) and I had an idea for a nerd like gang. You know, there could be desputes over Nvidia and ATi (Obviously would be spoofed names ingame) and there could be missions like, you have to steal a truck full of new hardware that wont be out for months.

And I had a great idea for a weapon, a USB Drive grenade! biggrin.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 21 2006, 03:42)
You know, there could be desputes over Nvidia and ATi (Obviously would be spoofed names ingame)

What about MHd (Myriad Hardware Developers) for ati? and PowerHoares for Nvidia tounge.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

zaibatsu and sci-gang from GTA2?
j/k

mafia (italian) is a must,but not as inactive as in SA, then we need skinheads and gothics and some hooligans luring around a stadium.
No hiphop gangs, maybe an alternative mafia (russian)

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

What About Crazed Rednecks? tounge.gif

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

I like the idea of a nerd gang.
What about a biker gang?
60's Cafe racers in leather jackets? Fat blokes on Wayfarers?
Or a mod gang? Of course the Fagio doesn't have any extras slots and the whole point of mod gangs is the extras on the scooters.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:28 PM

I've heard any vehicle can use extras regardless whether or not they have them to begin with. It was onl GTA 3/VC that it couldn't have extras on bike helicopters and such

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:09 PM

Pizzaboy gang. The chef in MIVC would be luigi, the boss. Its a mob having pizza stores as a front.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

Kinda Offtopic: Anyone remember Panuzzis Pizzeria from Futurama? Maybe you could make a Gang with people that look like Fry and his boss (forgot what his name was)

Back on Topic: No one likes my ideas?

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:18 AM

So an Italian pizzaria fronted mod gang? Sounds good.
The pizza boys themselves shouldn't be armed, or seen in groups on the street,
the gang presence should be shown by leather-jacketed vespa riding italian teens
with slicked back hair.
Other gangs could send you out to kill pizza boys (who are actually delivering drugs,
suprise suprise).

A redneck gang would be cool. Pickup trucks with confederate flags on the roof. Or even
dodge chargers? Armed with double barrel shotguns.

If this thing about extras is true, then it's awesome.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Herne @ Jul 9 2006, 10:18)
So an Italian pizzaria fronted mod gang? Sounds good.
the gang presence should be shown by leather-jacketed vespa riding italian teens
with slicked back hair.
Other gangs could send you out to kill pizza boys (who are actually delivering drugs,
suprise suprise).

A redneck gang would be cool. Pickup trucks with confederate flags on the roof. Or even
dodge chargers? Armed with double barrel shotguns.

If this thing about extras is true, then it's awesome.

Good Idea for the mob. But there is a punk gang, why would we need rednecks? (theyr almost the same).

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:23 AM

What kind of punks are they? Skinhead-hooligan punks?
I thought you meant a sexpistols type punk gang. oops.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

Well I though the Rednecks could be like a country gang and the Punk gang could be in city. And Rednecks could use like Modified Yosemites or trucks that look like it.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jun 21 2006, 13:42)
We already have a punk gang (Illy made some ped models for that) and I had an idea for a nerd like gang. You know, there could be desputes over Nvidia and ATi (Obviously would be spoofed names ingame) and there could be missions like, you have to steal a truck full of new hardware that wont be out for months.

Why would nerds be congregating in the streets? Wouldn't a nerd be seated inside at a computer all the time. And nerds don't exactly fit the GTA gang criteria, gangs in GTA are coded to huddle around in small groups and beat the crap/shoot the crap out of anyone that poses a threat to them. Aren't nerds stereotypically skinny, pasty white guys who are weak as? Why would they be beating people up?

Well I though the Rednecks could be like a country gang and the Punk gang could be in city. And Rednecks could use like Modified Yosemites or trucks that look like it.

Rednecks are usually from sun baked country towns, Myriad is set in New Jersey (unless it has been changed since the story was decided), which isn't exactly the hottest state ever, and Myriad is one big city, not a city with surrounding country. I don't think rednecks would work.

with slicked back hair.
suprise suprise).

I quite like the idea, but not teens. Why would teens be doing that sort of thing? There should be an underground Italian mob that operates out of legitimate fronts, such as small clubs, bistros and Pizzerias. That way we can have Italian mob presence spread out across Myriad. I have a small club on my island that I was planning to have a few missions at and have a fake Mafia gang, but if there is a real Mafia gang set up they could operate out of there.

What about a biker gang?

A biker gang would be great if it could be set up right. The biker gang in VC was rubbish. A good biker gang would have 1 leather jacket, old jeans and bandanna wearing hard ass with long hair (probably something along the lines of a mullet) cruising the streets on the Freeway bike in groups of about 6. VC had solo bikes with sometimes 2 people per bike and them wandering the streets. Bleh.

Also, since there is a fairly large Chinatown district on my island, should a Chinese Triads gang be considered?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

And now for something completely off-topic :

Myriad is set in New Jersey (unless it has been changed since the story was decided), which isn't exactly the hottest state ever, and Myriad is one big city, not a city with surrounding country

I always felt that New Jersey was more of a guideline in stead of a rule.
Narrowing the whole of Myriad Islands down to one specific atmosphere is very, very limiting.
As for MI being one big city, without countryside: I do hope this will not be the case. Variety in land/area/atmosphere was a succes in SA. Why would that be scrapped in MI. Different cities, forests, desert, countryside, etc... make it imho all the more enjoyable.

I feel a discussion coming up, so maybe this can be taken to ' General discussion' or a new topic....

okay, back on topic...

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:14 AM

Yeh I hope there is a Countryside because otherwise whats that mountain gonna be there for?

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

Yeah there is a fairly obvious countryside mountain.
I like the mountain and the twisty roads. It's fun to oversteer just that little bit and slide off the side of the mountain.
"Teens" was a bad choice of word. Early 20's is the right age for italian mafia mods. (old mafiosos on scooters would look stupid).

So is it possible to make the gangs drive in formation?
I had an idea a couple of days ago, I thought it might be possible to spawn a Line Runner or whatever at a certain point(s) in the map, then spawn a trailer, attach the trailer, put a ped in it and set it in motion.
I was trying to do this in Myriad but it locks up on loading (although I think I read somewhere that the current beta of Myriad can't be modded?)
So anyway, the same idea might work for biker gangs. Spawn the gang, make one of them a leader, tell him to start driving, set the others up to follow.
I expect this might use more memory/cpu because they wont just be following paths like vehicles usually do. A range check to look for the player in a certain area might help that. But I'm no coder so I'll shut up.

I would like to see a cafe racer gang on Triumph Bonneviles or other Brit bikes :-p. They would need a cafe/diner to hang out at.

OrR
  • OrR

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 10 2006, 11:30)

Why would nerds be congregating in the streets? Wouldn't a nerd be seated inside at a computer all the time. And nerds don't exactly fit the GTA gang criteria, gangs in GTA are coded to huddle around in small groups and beat the crap/shoot the crap out of anyone that poses a threat to them. Aren't nerds stereotypically skinny, pasty white guys who are weak as? Why would they be beating people up?

There could be computer shops where nerds congregate. And a scrapyard with lots of computer parts. And an arcade, some sort of lan party event thing, etc. I think it's possible and it would be so damn funny that the little illogicalness left can be justified easily. USB drive greneades, how can you not love it? inlove.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:31 PM

Italian mob, biker gang and Nerd gang. I hope all this comes in the new version.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (OrR @ Jul 12 2006, 07:54)

There could be computer shops where nerds congregate. And a scrapyard with lots of computer parts. And an arcade, some sort of lan party event thing, etc. I think it's possible and it would be so damn funny that the little illogicalness left can be justified easily. USB drive greneades, how can you not love it? inlove.gif

Well, who says that's the image of a stereotypical nerd these days? Let's just have buff nerds with broken glasses walking around!

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jul 12 2006, 04:34)

Well, who says that's the image of a stereotypical nerd these days? Let's just have buff nerds with broken glasses walking around!

biggrin.gif and a 1st Prize medal in the chest.

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (lord fido @ Jul 12 2006, 14:49)

and I inlove.gif quote tunnels t-shirts.
I gotta say, I like the idea of a nerd gang. They could have turf wars over cyber-cafes and fight over which gfx card is the best ;-)
Plus the x-box would make a kick-ass melee weapon.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Herne @ Jul 13 2006, 03:06)

I gotta say, I like the idea of a nerd gang. They could have turf wars over cyber-cafes and fight over which gfx card is the best ;-)

That would be more of a brick to break windows tounge.gif Gotta love ze xbox.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jul 13 2006, 03:49)

Lol! biggrin.gif I think PSP granades or PS3 old dualshock for knife can be good blush.gif

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:03 PM

How about Mac Geeks? They could hurl Ipods at you (ouch) and wear spoof apple t-shirts with pears on them. They would hang out at "solarcash" (starbucks).
Pear Daf computers. Cos Daf and Mac both make trucks blush.gif
woo bad puns.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:23 PM Edited by lord fido, 13 July 2006 - 08:32 PM.

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jul 13 2006, 03:49)
QUOTE (Herne @ Jul 13 2006, 03:06)

...and they could have star wars' swords as melee. Or a keyboard with bat animations!

EDIT: MI Punks
user posted image

Herne
  • Herne

Coffee Fiend

• Members

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:02 AM

AAUGH!!
Scary!
cryani.gif

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Members

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

bump?

What about a sexy hot girl gang? with hi-tech weapons, sports cars, etc...

hehe devil.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Jul 23 2006, 21:56)
bump?

What about a sexy hot girl gang? with hi-tech weapons, sports cars, etc...

hehe devil.gif

Yeah I'd be for this tounge.gif

I also wouldn't mind seeing a chav gang smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

If you're gonna have a chav gang, make em impossibly weak, and have missions where ya gotta run em over...maybe if you run enough of em over, you get police bribes at yer base! Doing the community a good job XD.

The hot girl gang sounds cool smile.gif It'd kinda be like film Taxi (the new one, I know the old ones best)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users