[Official] PPT 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,087 replies to this topic
Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

Yeah, i'm aware of all the sports cars that are out there. But it's not so bad if we do get a few new sports cars, as we do have alot more fancy car slots to fill. But if I can find some decent blueprints of an old 70's blocky 4 door car, i'll make that. I actually have a 4 door mid-sized executive saloon based on the Caddilac CTS awaiting to be ported in game. I gave it to [DRuG]Nikt, but I lost contact with him and i've got no idea what's going on there. I might call Seanorris to do it for me. Everything apart from damage has been completed.

Alexg
  • Alexg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:47 AM Edited by Alexg, 05 July 2006 - 07:54 AM.

QUOTE (locO G @ Jul 4 2006, 18:34)
Nice work Alexg. I can't wait to see it in game for myself. That goes for all recent lots and any newly converted by Gforce.

I was going to prelight your lot, but I could never seem to get the download link to work and Gforce beat me to it. Well done that man.

Thank you for comments, I like modelling and I can use very well Adobe Photoshop CS2 so I can make good textures (by the way I took some wall textures from The Sims 2 happy.gif ). Now I'm building also the new version of my Crosstrack:

user posted image

When it's finished, we can add it in MI... no? biggrin.gif
Otherwise I will build another lot smile.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

Yes, you can definatly have a lot for that! Very unique lot, it would be a welcome addition! The lot next to mine and Odie's should be perfect for that.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:24 PM

Whilst looking through some old files I found the below render. It was a stadium with a tennis court in the middle, so its fairly large. As far as I can remember it has part of an interior, if anyone thinks it would fit somewhere in Myriad (illnorth not illcom) then I might have a look to see if I can find the .max file anywhere. It was for a project which I modelled and never got around to texturing. Thoughts?

user posted image

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:32 PM

GT-1: Wow, that is large. A highly detailed piece of work and, may I say, nicely lit.

What's the poly-count like? You might have to cut it down a little and make up the detail with the textures.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:04 PM

Should work quite well in illnorth, i'd imagine. Maybe close the center of the two bridges, next to the cliff face?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

Wow, quite a beauty! Me wonders about the polycount too smile.gif ...

And why not put it on the small island of GTI, that was supposed to become an olympic island.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (mickarrow @ Jul 5 2006, 15:22)
Wow, quite a beauty! Me wonders about the polycount too smile.gif ...

And why not put it on the small island of GTI, that was supposed to become an olympic island.

Not actualy olympic it was more used for commercial and beach kinda theme buildings but since i decide which its used for it can easaly be used for it to fill it up it may fill up 2 useless lots and its nice centered on that islands then to. Good thinking Mick. wow.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:46 PM

Polycount? Not much of a clue really; i'd guess ~5k tri's (take into account it would fill more than 1 lot), I still haven't found the file which accompanies the renders so this might come to nothing. Still i'm sure its around here somewhere, this is the only other render I had of the model. Ignore the weird shadows, it was only a test to see how to get a wireframe and model present (from the same object) in a render but I guess it came in handy.

user posted image

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:53 PM

What you could do, if you find the damn thing, is chop it straight down the middle and make two .DFFs or mirror one half, if it's perfetly symetrical.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 05 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

for the people who dont like viewing my model in 3d and want to keep it old school tounge.gif i've finished some more work, glass is in , stairscases are almost done and also the front is done next thing to do is finishing up the walls and removing some other bugs i've left in the floors. and then its texturing.

user posted image

Cya.

PS: glass will be custom and breakable i've found out that i still have some spare ID numbers left.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (locO G @ Jul 5 2006, 17:53)
What you could do, if you find the damn thing, is chop it straight down the middle and make two .DFFs or mirror one half, if it's perfetly symetrical.

If you look carefully its only 1 quater mirrored 3 times. The left hand side looks exactly the same as the right hand side, and the back looks exactly the same as the front. It would only need a few different generic objects placed around it to make that less obvious though. So it could be 4 .dff's, but that might be a waste of ID slots.

Squiddy
  • Squiddy

Back!

• The Connection

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:03 PM Edited by Squiddy, 05 July 2006 - 08:05 PM.

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jul 5 2006, 19:03)
So it could be 4 .dff's, but that might be a waste of ID slots.

I guess I missinterpreted your post, but wouldn't that be one dff, but 4 IPL entries with the original model rotated 3 times?(The bath was way too hot I guess biggrin.gif )
Whether or not, it just looks great. I really hope it finds its way to myriad.

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:12 AM

GT-1:
So it could be 4 .dff's, but that might be a waste of ID slots.

No. It would only take up one .ID slot and four .IPL lines. Problem solved!

Have one quarter of the main building mirrored to make the whole (one .IDE slot), the .LOD for the whole building (that makes two slots).
The lot itself and it's .LOD would take you to four.

That leaves you a lot of polys left in five .IDE slots to put in things like entrance details, flags and banners, in fact, all the things which wouldn't require .LOD models at all.

If you find your original Max file, you're on to a winner.
If not, do it again! That spot on GTI would be great place for your lot (thanks aad).
Sorry for this but, from the air, your lot could be the nipple on the breast, the cherry on top of the cake of MI+GTI-SA.
Mission scripters beware, avoid at your peril (just a joke).

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:28 AM

The only problem with a single DFF instanced 4 times and rotated is that the lighting would not match. At the end of one quarter the lighting would be different and wouldn't look good.

It's a good model though, I hope you find the file and a place for it in Myriad.

Alexg
  • Alexg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:34 PM

Cran, my crosstrack is completed. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE BEST CROSSTRACK FOR SAN ANDREAS EVER SEEN ON THE EARTH! biggrin.gif

Call me in MSN when you want add it in MI.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

Awesome. I'll take a pic of my sketch and i will upload it.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 06:57 AM

user posted image

Alex, that's just great! You must have a lot of free time! wink.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

woah im stuned by the look of it all i really want to try it as soon as possible i may putt it ingame when i got some time really nice lot. tounge.gif Hope it will fit in the surrounding space and buildings.

Alexg
  • Alexg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jul 4 2006, 18:04)
i had a play with Alexg's lot and after a lot of messing about i got it lit ..............

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

this is a nice little lot, it just needs some generics and maybe a fence around the edges and a lod, also most sports centre's tend to have a multi use football/basketball court so maybe overlay a basketball court on the soccer tex and recycle the basketball hoops from SA or from Jfifi's MI fire station, other than that this is a really nice low poly addition to Myriad biggrin.gif

Can you pass me the pre-lighted model?

P.S. So now that lot can be released!

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Alexg @ Jul 8 2006, 14:20)
QUOTE (Gforce @ Jul 4 2006, 18:04)

this is a nice little lot, it just needs some generics and maybe a fence around the edges and a lod,

Can you pass me the pre-lighted model?

you still need to prelight the lod, don't even think about trying to duplicate the prelit dff and rename it as a lod tounge.gif

also use the txd included as you as most other people around here failed to realise that the best way to construct your txd is to extract illcom.txd and edit it, this way all the road textures and commonly used MI textures would be uniform in colour instead of the off colour that occurs from extracting from a txd and back into a new txd. maybe using the templates feature in TXD workshop is too simple a feature for some people to realise its usefulness confused.gif

prelit dff here

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:35 AM Edited by locO G, 10 July 2006 - 01:44 AM.

QUOTE (Gforce)

...the best way to construct your txd is to extract illcom.txd and edit it, this way all the road textures and commonly used MI textures would be uniform in colour instead of the off colour that occurs from extracting from a txd and back into a new txd...

In the past I've been working on a lot and adding .TGAs to the .TXD, from time to time.
Then, every now and then, with no logical pattern to it, TXD Workshop just tints all my textures slightly green (as you picked up on with one of my releases, I can't remember which one).

What I do now is try to ignore it whilst it's still WIP and then re-import all the .TGAs prior to release to fix the problem.

If you have any idea why this happens, please let me know.

QUOTE (Alexg)

Your lot looks good but Gforce is right. You can't release your lot without LODs.
Stay cool. Take your time. This isn't a race. Try and do the best you can (including generic object placement) before finally releasing it.
"The long way round is the shortest way home".

And being as this is [Official] PPT 2 , here's the latest WIP pic with the start of some exterior generics and surrounding lots.

user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

Windows are looking great man. I can't wait to try that lovely lot.

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Jul 10 2006, 01:44)
Windows are looking great man. I can't wait to try that lovely lot.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've got a 'snag sheet' as long as my arm (one tiny gap in the base modal, resizing of some shop signs, six new shop signs to make, widening the upper walkways, blah, blah, blah, the list goes on.
Here's the big one:
I'm fed up with this prelighting shenanigans. The sooner that illspirit cracks the SA lighting, the better (my thoughts are with you, sir).

Plus, I've yet to get my head around the 'object.DAT' side of things, without which, I can't spawn the interior objects.

However, if you want a sneak preview, PM me about it and I could post you a WIP version.
Your comments would be welcome.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:43 AM

Nice lot dude! biggrin.gif the glass looks awesome... how' you go to do the parking? outside? subway?

Alexg
  • Alexg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (locO G @ Jul 10 2006, 03:35)
QUOTE (Alexg)

Your lot looks good but Gforce is right. You can't release your lot without LODs.
Stay cool. Take your time. This isn't a race. Try and do the best you can (including generic object placement) before finally releasing it.

Ok sorry, you have reason biggrin.gif
But to make the LOD, I only need to remap the model less detailed but with the same textures or I need to make other textures more small?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:17 AM

Both the object and textures should be of a lower detail.

Burning Rubber
  • Burning Rubber

a.k.a Eklypse [SA-MP]

• Members

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

Very nice all of you I do want to see these in-game.

kaaspizza The 'Library' sign doesn't look very library-ish.. confused.gif Good work anyway!

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:53 AM Edited by locO G, 11 July 2006 - 02:00 AM.

QUOTE (Alexg @ Jul 10 2006, 10:03)
QUOTE (locO G @ Jul 10 2006, 03:35)
QUOTE (Alexg)

Ok sorry, you have reason biggrin.gif
But to make the LOD, I only need to remap the model less detailed but with the same textures or I need to make other textures more small?

There are lots of tips and tricks when ot come to LOD modelling.

3ds Max comes with some great modifiers.
'Optimise' and 'MultiRes' are both good for crunching down the base of your lot and, sometimes, certain buildings, but use with caution.

Modelling: Remove model details (doors, windows etc, you can always make up for the loss in your textures).
In fact, remove anything which you think wouldn't be missed at a distance of 300 (game units), railings, low poly interiors, you must get the idea.

Textures: A good start is to get a 'top down' render of your lot to apply globally. The next thing to do is make a duplicate of your original .TXD, but with no texture resolution exceeding 64x64.

It's not easy, at first, to model 'good' LODs but with a little practice, like all 3d modelling, it becomes second nature.

Have a go and see what happens.

QUOTE (Jost_Vice)
Nice lot dude! the glass looks awesome... how' you go to do the parking? outside? subway?
Outside. The loading bay would take up the undergroung.

Alexg
  • Alexg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:51 AM

I have a problem with IPL line, I'm sure. When I insert it, the game crashes.

CODE
12441, LODcom_c9_r6, 0, 200.284, 205.945, -3.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1

I don't know... is it correct? I think yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users