[Official] PPT 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,087 replies to this topic
REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Better late than never, some work i did for necrosis tonight...

user posted image

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:00 AM

Oh snaps spoon! funky fresh. Can't wait wink.gif

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:41 AM

I like it, nice shape for an old styled bridge. MI needs more of this architecture around rah.gif .

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2007 - 11:01 PM

user posted image

Prelit. Few things to do, then it's onto Gforce for 0.6b inclusion.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:28 AM

It just occurred to me that I had not posted any interior shots of the 2nd (Nile) Tower on Yahimba... well here they are:
user posted image
user posted image

The first picture shows the Mali Mall, which is in the sub levels of the Nile tower, off the main mezzanine. The second picture shows of view of the open area visible from the balcony accesses to the hotel rooms.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:20 AM

Auch thats gonna be some high poly quality building, hope i can handle it tounge.gif

it just looks so impresive.

Keep it up.

Cya

Aad.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

it's really great to see so much progress happening right now biggrin.gif

PS: i now have my new isp so you can expect to see some more progress screens from me in the next few days wink.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

T, that mall looks stunning. I'm loving the all-round trees. Very nice touch.
The balcony looks imo way too high poly. A great effect nonetheless, but I'm doubting if the dime is worth the crime. Maybe an alpha solution is better suited here?

G, good to hear you're gonna have eyes again smile.gif

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

You gonna need a very strong powerful interior lightning for the resort.

Tell me if you need help with lights. wink.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Yes it is fairly high poly, but being as its in a dedicated interior it doesn't really cost a lot performance wise and the fact of the matter is, I couldnt achieve the same effect any way besides modeling it. :S so here it is lol. plus on the bright side the collision model is only going to be like 12 polys

@parox: yes your opinion would be welcomed and useful. biggrin.gif Thank you

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:51 AM Edited by TRN4L, 02 February 2007 - 05:40 AM.

Taking a break from yahimba. decided to spend tonight making a new lot, which is near completion. tomorrow it'll be done.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

EDIT: so... yeah... this is moving a lot faster than I had expected... anyways... here... (periods sold separately)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

EDIT2: the TRN is WTRN stands for Talk Radio Network

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:35 AM Edited by blackadder18, 02 February 2007 - 05:39 AM.

Nice building smile.gif Although the black stripe texture isnt very well uhm...tiled? Or something (I think tiled is the word) Can't wait to see the final version though smile.gif (will it have neons?)

EDIT: Damn, just got banned from the IRC confused.gif

EDIT2: I love the NVC! smile.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:36 AM

Nice Work TRN4L, good use of NVC, Lighting and 2dfx effects just terrific work. But again i gues you should higher contrast window textures with some more detail for the glas and window frames but i doubt that it will look ugly pictures cant say much but they just show the overall view, so i hope it will turn out right, and by the looks of its size is just great. Anyway do i see you are putting this one on GTI or am i wrong , Im almost 100% sure it is so please inform me about your lots that you are using because i dont want to trow away my WIp files because you have taken lots i also build on ,

Just to let you know im working on the center of GTI so all lots from 50 to 56 are in use for WIP and i will update the map if the status of your lots in use and mine are final.

I hope to get my office building and hotel and skyscraper done soon and ready for ingame placing, i just need to flatten the base land and create some stairs and foundation etc to make it look nice.

SO keep it up guys i will be online for some hours on saturday.

Cya

Aad.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:43 PM Edited by TRN4L, 03 February 2007 - 04:38 AM.

Aad, i'm building on Lot #88. i tried to stay out of the way of the center. wink.gif if you are using it, then no big deal its a simple lot so i can move anywhere.

EDIT: are you using lot 97? if not i'd like to build something there as well. wink.gif

EDIT2: ok, since I seem to be modding faster than anyone else is posting... ANOTHER lot tounge.gif
user posted image

EDIT3: uhm yeah...
user posted image

UZI-I
  • UZI-I

WPL Manager...

• Members

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

Here my first advance!
This is not in-game…
I the end waits!
It still misses textures…

But veiled:
user posted image

user posted image

I continue this week-end...

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:31 AM Edited by Cerbera, 03 February 2007 - 10:36 AM.

Discussion of GTI lot ownership should probably go in [Official] Lot Discussion. Aad and Snow Racer haven't agreed on an official process for requesting lots on GTI, AFAIK. At least if people say in that topic we'll have a record who is building what and where they intend to put it. smile.gif

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

Need ideas:

user posted image
user posted image

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:51 AM Edited by TRN4L, 04 February 2007 - 01:54 AM.

MORE PIIIIIIIIICS!!! ehem yeah more progress.

Gran Tani Medical Center
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Need ideas:

user posted image
user posted image

Add more poly's to the hood/grill transition please. its crying for more. and indent the grill

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:56 AM

Brilliant work, TRN4L.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:49 AM

Really nice work Trn4L, this is really getting so massive what your making im thinking GTI will be less empty with all of your contributions i really like it , but yet again when i see your used window textures they seem to be so low detail, i more like the ones with some nice detail in them, window frames, colors etc, kinda dark its all now but i doubt it will look ugly,

I gues using the same method as you did with leveling the land, and creating some nice lanes will work for my other lot too, i will just create a planar lot and then work arround the height changes, gives me some nice ideas trough all these screens.

Anyway my office building is turning out to be done soon, almost got the interior done , and then i will add some details like doors, exit signs, and then its time to put them ingame and release it as soon as possible,

just keep it up TRN4L, and i will send you the latest GTI map to you with the current status of mine lots and i gues it wil be handy if you color your lots to the respective status, ill be online late in this afternoon today, so till then, on IRC i gues.

Good luck all,

Cya

Aad.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:51 AM

SeaNorris, those are looking excellent. Got a really chunky, modern feel to them.

Couple of small points:
  1. Door handles?
  2. The rear tailgate is very narrow considering it's a pickup truck. I'd suggest making the tail lights narrower.
  3. Number plates?
  4. The wheels are way too wide.
  5. The tyres seem to have no tread?
  6. The metal bars might be better as a proper rollbar.
  7. How about a covered-up tail as an extra? That's if extras can be solid.
  8. Bullbars on the front as an extra?
You could take a look around Carryboy truck accessories for some more ideas. smile.gif

TRN, those new buildings have some really imaginative architecture to them. And nice to see the fast food place ressurrected.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:23 AM

Myriad Police & FireDept.
Gran Tani Precinct
user posted image

Madison Medical Associates
user posted image

At this time it is also necessary for me to say that all these textures are just place holders. I plan to make and test textures without having to UV map, except in extreme cases. I can simply replace the textures in the TXD and viola! wink.gif

Thanx to everyone in IRC who tossed me ideas for my comming GTI Lots. Here is a list:
-Scuba diving club
-Police & Fire Dept.
-Court House
-Town Hall
-City Jail
-Bus Station/Depot.
-Taxi Depot.
-Church (mosque or synagogue; GTAuron is making a Catholic style chruch already)
-Fast food shops (please post any ideas you might have)

As this is a community map project, if you would like to contribute but do not model; please post your ideas and some reference pictures in the Lot Discussion Topic

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:45 AM Edited by aad, 05 February 2007 - 07:59 PM.

Really awesome and impressive work TRN4L this really get me thinking that i should speed up before you fill up whole GTI, just joking but i really want to contribute some more of my buildings to GTI and not just leave them on my harddisk and doing nothing, my office building will be the first that will be released soon, then after that GTI office center will be going ingame if i can work out the landscape design and stuff but after seeing on how you solved it i will just use the same method so it will be a bit in the same style,

And its good to see how you make use of different styles of textures. and yes chaning them is always a option and i like it to see that GTI is finnaly getting some surrounding skyline, and i hope to jump in and also complete some of those suggestions and ideas, i was also thinking about an harbor area with some nice speedboats and luxary boats something like vice city had, we may need to consider it and start sketching something on the map for further progress on GTI.

So i will be on IRC this afternoon and i hope to work out some plans i got , there is just so much i got for ideas but i just got such litle time to get it all done.

Another thing im aware of that some of my big block spacefillers are really not that good and that i will need to redo something about them i dont like block / cube-ish buildings with no detail so remodeling some of my old work will be the best way.

So cya for now

Aad.

edit:

Getting closer to the end . finish

user posted image

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2007 - 03:33 AM

here's some updates from the NEW illres layout smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Serafim
  • Serafim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:57 PM

Nice lots, TRN tounge.gif

And Seanorris, this car remembers me a lot the Cartel Cruiser wow.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 11:39 PM

I like a lot of the stuff I see in here.
T, you're on roll for sure. Keep em coming. That precinct is looking biiig smile.gif .

Here's 2 pics of what might become a mansion. Modelled in Max (finally!) but textured in Zmod (I know, I know) :

user posted image user posted image

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:39 AM

I'd just like to point out that the car SeaNorris posted belongs and was made by Mista_G smile.gif

And mick, that looks amazing! Keep going at it! icon14.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2007 - 05:40 AM

some screens of early experimental exported models for Jasonb's link lot that joins illcom to Port Orchid

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

also a MEd shot showing some other experimental work included ........

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:14 AM

Wow.. everything is really coming along. Kudos to you guys, great work.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

smile.gif looks like its comming allong nicely Gforce,

Anyway i wanted to report that i will reorganise some stuff on saturday . thats , means redoing the current ID slots until all lots have 4 ID numbers each,

and get rid of used ID numbers that dont belong to the objects.

So gforce just let know what you already have done, or where i can help you with, i found out with putting my new lot ingame that my ID numbers were used on some other lots and that isnt right according to the ID list i made a while ago so i gues reorganising it all will solve this.

Cya

Aadl

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users