• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,087 replies to this topic
aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

Nice work man, but is it me or are some textures kinda blurred, maybe some texture optimizing and then hand it over for the 0.6 installer.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 13 December 2006 - 09:51 AM

Looks fine, TRN4L!

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 December 2006 - 01:57 PM

Looking great Mr Madison icon14.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:43 AM

I finally got my name changed and removed the -GT biggrin.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:53 AM

Niiiice!

Damn picture isn't working confused.gif Must be down?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 14 December 2006 - 03:49 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 14 December 2006 - 04:03 PM.

offtopic - happy birthday SadistM. cookie.gif

if he is active on the forums...

::edit

R.I.P.

user posted image

Release In Progress...
it is a long wait for xmas...

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

That looks badical. What are you going to change about it? Fitting in with your standard rebuild+upgrade procedure...

edit: Oh sh*t, Christmas is coming. I better get working on something for my traditional Xmas release...

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:09 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 14 December 2006 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (Diesel @ Dec 14 2006, 19:29)
going to change

i did

xmas.gif

:edit
how long will you hold your Rexion in the shade?

:edit
the stripes are mesh since the textured ones never worked well... Badster is example

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:42 PM

The stripes, they havd definatley changed, changed via the mesh or texture? I had texture problems any way I tried it.

Though I can't tell much else has changed from that shot I can tell it will come good, you gave me an idea to do on other Myriad cars I'm doing.

Top work xmas.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 14 2006, 20:09)
how long will you hold your Rexion in the shade?

I'm not deliberately hiding it, I just can't tweak the last few things to get it polished up and released by myself. Any takers?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:18 AM

Cullzones I've made so far for TRN's revamped International Autos lot:
user posted image
938 x 507, 63kB.

Although it's raining outside, zone G has turned off the rain:
user posted image
1280 x 1024, 81kB.

I haven't tried turning off the surface reflections yet, I think it just needs another flag turning on. Might need a different surface to be used so it doesn't lose grip in wet weather, I'm not sure about that aspect yet.

Also playing with GRGE zones to create sprayshops. Adapted the one Jost_Vice posted on the IRC channel a few days ago, the camera angle is neat purely by chance:
user posted image
1280 x 1024, 119kB.

This is inside zone B, which is rainless.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:46 AM

nice work Cerb its really comming together and it really feels like we are getting a team again and working together again, im thinking of asking Jost again to mix his style and mine lot together to get my current lot done i just need to scale down some big building i dont have enough space and the stupidius height changes of 3 meter is just hard to cover so i gues adding split level buildings will be the only way to get something nice done.

Bye dozingoff.gif

Aad.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:01 PM

Hey cerbera, I saw yesterday in the Mission Codding forum (editing discussion) a topic about savegarages. In the last page you can see they put a code in the SCM, its possible the thing to get the door working, and the save garages. I didn't try anything btw. Good work with that culls tounge.gif

Snow: sweet muscle you have, what's the name?

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 December 2006 - 03:43 PM

garage doors are defined by coordinates of the outer sizes of the garage box just like in vice city it isnt that hard to put them but the thing is to make them working the right way because they are scm and ipl depended.

i will work on it soon again

Bye

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:24 AM Edited by Cerbera, 16 December 2006 - 06:05 AM.

Detonator bombshops work without SCM, just like Pay 'n' Spray:
user posted image
1280 x 1024, 114kB.

When the dust (and car parts) have settled:
user posted image
1280 x 1024, 120kB.

I also tried the "next person to start your car gets blown to tiny pieces" bomb type. However, I think the only way someone else will enter a car you've stolen is through an SCM instruction. It's used in some missions for SCM actors to meet their end, but civvies don't steal cars you leave lying around.

(EDIT) TRN reminded me that surface reflections are toggled by the IDE flags for each model. That means lot makers will need to split any sheltered area out of the rest of their model so they can disable the wetness of it. For sheltered roads maybe they should keep normal wet effects since cars would carry water into them from the tyres and bodywork?

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:05 AM

No criminals around in SA unlike VC and III? Ah well. Still, fun suicide. Probably a good idea for missions too (Saint Mark's Bistro esque mission again? tounge.gif )

@all: I'm home now, so IRC time it is...tomorrow anyways.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 03:04 AM

I should have posted these pics last night...

user posted image user posted image

There's your real mirrored floor, GTAuron. It was only a matter of time.

Cerbera: Now that's what we want. Come on people, take a look at that.

GTAuron: You're home. Good news. I (we) hope to see you on MI-IRC soon.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

BTW, detonator bombs should be used in missions.

ParoXum
  • ParoXum

Proud PC Gamer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:27 AM

You should explain to everybody the ways to make this reflection/cullzones whatever, instead of keep it to yourself.

Even if It's basically MI people that 'discovered it' (it's more 'how to handle' it). Same for 2DFX, hopefuly DexX made his scripts and exporter. I hope it's not gonna stay mIRC tutorials only.

cookie.gif tough for the effect.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:00 AM Edited by Cerbera, 17 December 2006 - 03:24 AM.

There's already some documentation about making these zones and I don't plan to keep what I know to myself. It takes a bit of time to figure out the details and make sure the findings are reliable, though. smile.gif

I've added my findings on the rounding behaviour to the [SA|DOC] IPL Definitions topic. I've also added a list of GRGE types so you know which types of bombshop and sprayshop are available. The first message in that topic documents the formats for lots of other things and there are discussions and test results throughout it.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:34 AM

@snow - thanks.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:35 AM

its not a matter of keeping it to ourselves. we just dont have the time or desires to write tutorials. we're not good at that lol. The description of the CULL zone is in the IPL topic. the only additional thing you must do is create an opening for the mirrors to be viewed through.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:34 PM

The Tyrant.

user posted image
user posted image

Hopefully my traditional Xmas release. 3k now so probably 4k when all's done.
Guess the cars it's made from!

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (ParoXum @ Dec 17 2006, 00:27)
You should explain to everybody the ways to make this reflection/cullzones whatever, instead of keep it to yourself.

Even if It's basically MI people that 'discovered it' (it's more 'how to handle' it). Same for 2DFX, hopefuly DexX made his scripts and exporter. I hope it's not gonna stay mIRC tutorials only.

cookie.gif tough for the effect.

I have no intention of keeping anything to myself, it's just a matter of finding the 'best working practice' before posting any advice.
As Cerbera pointed out, the info I used is already posted on GTAF in [SA|DOC] IPL Definitions. and the linked reference pages and there is no need for duplication.
I used Kam's Map I/O script to position and export the Cullzone line then added Vx Vy Vz and Cm as explained in the above docs, nothing more.

DexX is writing a mirror export script so, in the future, it should be as easy as 1-2-3.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Dec 17 2006, 05:35)
its not a matter of keeping it to ourselves. we just dont have the time or desires to write tutorials. we're not good at that lol.

It doesn't really matter if you're good at describing/explaining things or not. What matters is that you try. If you start a new article at the wiki, other people can refine and extend it if needed. That's always better than keeping info to yourself or burying it in (offtopic) forum threads, where it's hard to find especially for new people, who could rather use the time spent for searching info or finding out themselves for contributing new things.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

i tried the wiki before, still cant figure out how to add a new article... maybe i've overlooked and its right in my face... but I cant find it, so you'd have to tell me how.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Diesel @ Dec 17 2006, 15:34)
Guess the cars it's made from!

Oh that's mightily hard rolleyes.gif

Nice S7 knockoff smile.gif Seems even though MI was meant to be a good balance of cars, sports cars ftw! tounge.gif

Excellent cull zones people smile.gif Utilising all these parts of MI really does make a difference.

Oh, I'm just wondering would it be at all possible to add the reflection technique to any still water in like ponds or lakes? Would make for real cool effects.

@All: Aye see you on IRC soon, for the mo I'm just catching up with mates, I haven't actually slept in my own bed since I've got back lol.

simplyunkillable
  • simplyunkillable

GTA: LC kick's A.R.S.E

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

something fun:
user posted image
i'm giving it to X-seti for state of liberty, but i'll also to an MI version. the only problem is that i'm useless at putting cars in SA, so give me a shout if you can help.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ Dec 17 2006, 18:25)
i tried the wiki before, still cant figure out how to add a new article... maybe i've overlooked and its right in my face... but I cant find it, so you'd have to tell me how.

For example you can open a random article, and change the name in the URL to what your new article should be called - it will give you an empty article which you can edit, effectively creating it.

http://www.gtamoddin...le=Help:Editing
http://meta.wikimedi...nts#For_editors

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

i'm giving it to X-seti for state of liberty, but i'll also to an MI version.

As long as I've known MI, the policy was that stuff made for MI was exclusively for MI. AFAIK that policy still stands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users