Photo

[Official] PPT 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,087 replies to this topic
Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:03 PM Edited by GTAuron, 08 December 2006 - 06:43 PM.

This mod now supports SA exclusively. Afaik, the VC d/l links are pretty much all broken.

EDIT:

user posted image

user posted image

For DGT:

user posted image

AAND a wire:

user posted image

Smidge over 3k with wheels in current state and interior shell done.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

3k? I better go and commit suicide training...
you can make me an xmas present by letting me put this car on a diet

xmas.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 9 2006, 07:54)
3k? I better go and commit suicide training...
you can make me an xmas present by letting me put this car on a diet

xmas.gif

Oh come now Snow, 3K isn't that bad! Especially for something like that! tounge.gif

I must admit man, in it's early stages it did look a bit weird, but now that you've finished it, it looks breathtaking smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:27 AM

3K what the hell are you making cars to? It's about on par with what average old MI cars were made out of.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

I'd say 3k is just right for something like that, I wouldn't know where else to skimp on the polys.

It looks great GTAuron, hope to see it ingame soon.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:50 AM

There's a little wasteage on the rear I can probably sort to remove about..20-30 polys, but it's more effort than it's worth. I could probably remove a lot more polys, but meh. I modelled it to this standard, so this standard it shall keep.

Time to sort out a body texture I think.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:56 AM

Is that 3K with all of the weels? Or is it just the single wheel needed in the final .dff?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 09:38 AM

That looks awesome, my only comment is the wheels look a little... puny. Somehow. And the metal plate texture on the side is way too plain.

Thanks for the side shot, my previous suggestion is apparently unfounded. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

Yeah I've gotta sort out the textures a bit that was just a rush job lol. See how the wheels look after a bit texturing maybe.

That 3k oddly with 2 wheels so it seems lol. Forgot to turn it off when I mirrored it, so it's actually below 3k at the mo tounge.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

The front overhang seems far too long to me. As there is no rear wing and hardly any rear overhang, the massive area of the front splitter would make the vehicle very unstable at high speed. There are no vents in front of the windscreen or behind the front wheels for it, so where does all the air it scoops up go?

The headlights look really goofy to me because there's such a big empty volume behind the transparent panels. Looks like each wheel has an aquarium in front of it. tounge.gif

The apex of the wheel arches are much too far below the top of the wings (fenders). I think that's what makes the wheels look too small. It's especially the case at the front, where the top surface of the wings (fenders) is always made as close as possible to the tops of the tyres without them colliding as it speeds over racing circuit kerbs.

Along similar lines, the amount of panel between the front edge of the front wheelarch and the back edge of the headlights seems way too big. I think this is partly what makes the front overhang seem so oversized to me. The headlights are always mounted as close to the wheels as possible to keep weight away from the extreme front of the car, where it would reduce agility.

The cockpit, side pods and tail look awesome, though. It's just the realism and the proportions that I'm not sure about. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

Meh I spose that's what me issue of updating an old sports car design into a Lemans style car is.

I agree on the wheels, I'll at least try to make the front wheelarches bigger anyway.

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:21 AM

Just curious what is the polycount limit in MI cars?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:27 AM

It's around 5K, like SA cars.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

illcom_c1_r10 progress report.

user posted image

Tonight's job is furnature, paintings, plants, lights and lift (elevator) with Enex point to another interior.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

Really nice interior you got there Loco_G can you please send me some of those textures i maybe also start on adding interiors to some of my buildings biggrin.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:06 PM Edited by GTAuron, 10 December 2006 - 08:29 PM.

Looks nice LocO, is that floor just a mirrored copy of the model below it, or is it made using the same technique used in CJs house (cull? Oh i dunno).

Ok my models on hold for the mo, I've had enough. Working on other things than MI now.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Dec 10 2006, 10:27)

like SA cars? wow...
2500-3500 polys with damage for a normal family car

MI cars should have limit as it was before...
GTAuron's car will be the only one with 3-4k

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:07 PM

My trains at 5k due to the interior + laziness on optimising, and afaik more recent cars have been aimed at 5k.

If the ability to aim for 5k is there, why not use it? Not even 1/2 the vehicles have been replaced.

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 10 2006, 20:58)

like SA cars? wow...

Depends. My old PC can handle SA with around 330,000 polys on screen at any one time fairly well, and that PC is slightly below the specs on the back. I don't see why you want it so low poly. I think 4k is reasonable, quite a few of the SA cars touch 3k and the highest poly one I've seen is the Linerunner which is about 3,900.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 11 2006, 07:28)

like SA cars? wow...

My bad. I guess I got a lot of mis-information from all those early SA previews, which talked about how there was a 50% increase in detail or whatever.

I somewhat disagree with you on the limits though. What computer setup do you have? Because my old laptop (2.0GHz P4M, 368MB RAM, ATi MR9000) ran Vice City on 1600x1200 with lots of high poly cars ranging from 10k to 100k fine.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:42 AM Edited by Snow Racer, 11 December 2006 - 07:56 AM.

for crying out loud... it was never about pc setup...
it was about style and we choose gta so we should keep it since we did a lot of that...
that is why the mod is all about... total TC in gta atmosphere

currently we have boring low poly buildings with boxy look that spoils the view of the mod
but you thinking about adding more polys to some flat looking car that can have lower polycount without changing it's own look and without screwup normals or whatsoever... it will look the same...
but the building will not look the same...
I prefer to have great quality of buildings than 5k cars...
we started to do like gta style then we should finish it in gta style

by gta style I mean close to it

thats it...
too much off topicness
now lets see some pictures of progress...

@GTAuron - any chance you show us the car with some paint job that you have in ava?

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:36 PM

Will do soon, busy right now.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

SR, what you're missing is that GTA style has evolved over the years of development, and we as a whole decided to update to SA style, did we not? I'd say this pretty much fits in with SA style, just needs dirt or bodyline textures. The only reason the poly limit was set, stylistically, is to keep people from making super-smooth rendermobile cars like you see in the mod showroom - regardless of polycount, I think the Matra fits in with the game, and will even better when it's all textured up SA style and has the ref and spec on it. Performance isn't really an issue with such a low count (relative to the rest of the render scene) especially as there'll only be one in the entire game world at any one time.

Chill out a little, bro. It's Christmas. xmas.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:15 PM Edited by aad, 12 December 2006 - 09:57 AM.

And you were totaly right on the buildings some do mis out on reality and details i gues a few nicely high ress textures may make a change in the looks of it all but some really stay ordinair cube, i dont say they dont give a nice feeling to myriad but the lach of detail is high on some certain lots and i prefer peopl taking a look at some lots that need imrpovement and actualy do something about it, i actualy did this too with GTI upgrading the low detailed gasoline station without any windows or doors added to the shop and some really unused space at the back of the gasoline station to a pay and spray garage and a tank shop / station which has a better look , more spacefilling then the previus one and its an nice piece of architecture that fits in well with the surrounding atmospehre so it isnt impossible to do something about it we just need time and some ideas. Since i dont have much time but have a lot of ideas i maybe share my ideas with you people and work out some nice thing. For now i will concentrate more on GTI lot filling and for all the other people there are still small lots to fill so if you have something good you may think about of hiring a lot on the GTI mainland.

Thanx for reading this
bye

Aad.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

aye DGT, I've not even shown that i've started on textures (other than my ava)

meh i've lost interest for the mo.When I get home for xmas maybe.

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Dec 11 2006, 19:15)
actualy did this too with GTI upgrading the stupid gasoline station

Thanks for the appreciation aad smile.gif , btw, am i talking about your stuff like it's sh*t? uhmm no i arent, so plz keep the 'stupid' behind. suicidal.gif

anuj_cop.gif

Btw, keep up the good work guys. rah.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:55 AM Edited by aad, 12 December 2006 - 10:02 AM.

Sorry wauzi i respect your ammount of work for GTI but some lots were really not worth it all and needed updating or tweaking to make them stand out. Your hotels, offices and some skyscrapers are really nice work but the shapes of some really misses out on detail. SO dont mind mine comments it was just my opinion about the looks on how it was before, not that it was bad but really a shop without doors, windows and even a litle detail that isnt something i or anyone else want to have in GTI.

So quality is something we want in GTI i know some of my buildings dont have much quality but i can improve them allong the way and adding details i have done this a lot of times.

So again my excuse for saying your work was sh*t.

Cya

Aad.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

Peoples are looking for a fight methinks rolleyes.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 05:18 PM

let all the whining be done! and commence the Picture Posting!
user posted image

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:16 PM

Cool! you kinda... improved it x1.000.000 . Is there a posibility of making a helipad in that flat , round building in the background?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users