1,087 replies to this topic
Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Dec 2 2006, 20:08)
@SR: That's the reason I posted it smile.gif Yes I know we have a fair few sporty cars about, but I was thinking more of a special type for this, like a Lemans paintjob etc.

well then... to fit it with other cars you have to low the polycount to -50%
and well... can you come up with more hardcore desing than that?
the front looks sad with thoose headlights

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:18 AM

Lower the polycount? At the mo it sits at about 2000 polys, which is 2/5 of the budget. Plus I've done a fair bit more with that.

And ok i'll try restyle the front, but that is the essence of what the car was (a Matra 630)

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 3 2006, 03:10)
@cran - you have some polywaste...

Where do you mean?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:30 AM

@cran - well can't tell if it is polywaste since you didn't posted a wireframe pic
@GTAuron - all cars that was made by R* an all that we have for MI have polycout around \/

body = 400-800 polys (example: cran have first stage of his whatever the name is... car...)
finished car - 2000-3500 polys (with damage)

the only way you can have medium poly car is in other games since in gta it will slow down the performance since the car was also used by some traffic drivers
we should safe some poly for buildings lol
wireframe will be ok

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Dec 3 2006, 01:18)
Lower the polycount? At the mo it sits at about 2000 polys, which is 2/5 of the budget. Plus I've done a fair bit more with that.

And ok i'll try restyle the front, but that is the essence of what the car was (a Matra 630)

I think the count's fine. If it's replacing a hotring or other unique car, we won't see it in traffic anyway. Just make sure you use them polys wisely wink.gif
Also, I like the front alot, but it needs smoothing out in one little spot...

user posted image

Spoiler or not is your choice, I think it could work well either way. However, I'd really like to see some more interesting brakelights. A bit squarey at the moment.

The other thing, which I can't tell for sure unless I see a side-on pic, is that the whole rear segment behind the door might do well to be raised a bit, beef it up a little.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

Speaking of doors, I hope it will use Beetlewings. They were possible in GTAVC so I hope they are in GTASA as well. inlove.gif

Might be nice having it set to ignore in the vehicles.ide and have it spawn as a collector's car at one of the mansions. That would make it like an easter egg; something rare and special which is worth hunting for. Making it paintjob compatible would be cool as well, for when the car modding shops are added.

And Cran, that car is bloody awesome. But the wheels look waaay too wide. That goes for a lot of car makers actually, they all seem to use wheels which are about twice the width a real road car would use. GTASA's original cars generally get it about right, I think.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:08 PM

user posted image

Need some generics...

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 03 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 3 2006, 17:25)
Speaking of doors, I hope it will use Beetlewings. They were possible in GTAVC so I hope they are in GTASA as well. inlove.gif

Beetlewings? you mean McLaren SLR doors like? if so then you should really download Gazelle

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Dec 3 2006, 10:30)
@cran - well can't tell if it is polywaste since you didn't posted a wireframe pic
@GTAuron - all cars that was made by R* an all that we have for MI have polycout around \/

body = 400-800 polys  (example: cran have first stage of his whatever the name is... car...)
finished car - 2000-3500 polys (with damage)

the only way you can have medium poly car is in other games since in gta it will slow down the performance since the car was also used by some traffic drivers
we should safe some poly for buildings lol
wireframe will be ok

It was decided a long time ago that 5k poly limit was acceptable. Was about 3k on VC, but decided 5k for SA.

Think about it, this car needs no engine (it's in the rear and covered up), got a flat underside as it's Lemans style, and had a basic racing interior. It'll fit in way under 5k.

Not to mention, I'm running the absolute minimum specs on my PC and I can still fit 30k poly cars all over my screen no problem. Plus being a Lemans style car, it'll be a one-off anyway.

@DGT: Agreed. I've done a little to that area since, but I'll do a lil more soon. I'll get a side view shot for you then. It's based pretty muchon the height of the Matra, BPs are on theblueprints I think.

@Cerb: Beetle/Gull style wings was the idea smile.gif .

@Jost: Looking good smile.gif And agreed on the generics. Hey, we need a generic pack really.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:51 AM

well I dis agree with all of you about poly limit so whatever...

anyway

user posted image

one car done and now the next one xmas.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Dec 4 2006, 02:55)
And Cran, that car is bloody awesome. But the wheels look waaay too wide. That goes for a lot of car makers actually, they all seem to use wheels which are about twice the width a real road car would use. GTASA's original cars generally get it about right, I think.

Keep in mind that Seanorris has been doing all the wheels and that, but if need be it can be scaled wink.gif

@Snow Yeah, there is some polywaste on the front and rear, actually. But if I don't have it that way, the shading will look crappy.
@GTAuron Agreed on the poly count. It's 2006, hardware has progressed and 5K is about right.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:31 PM Edited by locO G, 05 December 2006 - 02:22 AM.

Animated UVs are go!

user posted image

It's still very rough, but it does work. The next job is to find out how exactly. (He He).

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:46 PM

Woo! Lava lamp time! lol.

This'll be so useful. I vote part of the high-rise bit of illCOM gets loads of flashy advertising

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Dec 4 2006, 23:46)
Woo! Lava lamp time! lol.

This'll be so useful. I vote part of the high-rise bit of illCOM gets loads of flashy advertising

You're telling me it'll be useful. He He
I'll have a go at putting animated banners on some illcom high-rise lots tomorrow.
I just need to sort out a texture alpha channel/VP issue before I can go any further.
This is just the beginning.

PS. Thanks to steve-m for creating RWA and Gforce for pointing me in the right direction in the first place.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

great work locoG i also worked on some more modeling only need to take care of some nasty reality things in this model like to sharp corners etc like Cerbera reported to me.

user posted image

at the front there are 2 ramps / slopes and between the ramps / slopes is a very narrow tigh corner i may put a piece between it and add some nice room for trees and generic stuff or i will cut the corner into 2 pieces to make it less narrow hope you get the idea.

More progress soon i just liked this idea and design.

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:17 PM Edited by locO G, 06 December 2006 - 01:01 AM.

Animated UV latest

user posted image

This means I can wrap them around any shape.
I now need a more impressive test.

Edit: Not yet...

user posted image

This pic isn't of an MI lot, but it does show a practical use for the animated UVs (remember the Party Dome)...

user posted image

It'll all have to wait until tomorrow (later today. He He).

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:33 AM

and the thing keeps spinning and spinning and spinning aah darn im getting sick.

Nice work Loco really like it. tounge.gif hope i get my hotel done soon biggrin.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

Once again, great progress mate....Thanks for tearing down another wall rah.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:34 AM

Damn, looks whats trying to crawl out of Alpha status...
user posted image
user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

user posted image

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=262350

By Picolini. Maybe for myriad? I could PM him if you guys want, it's a nice, generic looking car, which we need more of in myriad.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:23 PM

you are right Cran its a nice general looking car but im somehow missing some detail on the car like a grill, chrome strips , and lines its a really flat car by the looks of , if i look at the doors the hood etc i mis the lines / gaps between them like they are in the normal gta-sa hope you get what i wanted to say.

But yes its a candidate for Myriad when tweaked a bit.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:13 PM

it has windows bug and it is flat also taillights with headlights are sh*t

if some one can bother to do that then it is ok for MI

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

I thought there isn't much of a need for me to make a new topic so I'll just post them here:
user posted image
CODE
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4985/miwhitewz1.gif

user posted image
CODE
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4544/minonefc4.gif

all of you can wear them, but please use my link

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:31 PM

i like the idea of the beretta knock-off, but head lights are too flat. Indent them some.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

Agreed. In general just make the damn thing look like it's got more character!

Wasn't it a free model to start with?

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:36 AM

Well, I see you guys are thinking of allowing my Beretta to be in MI.

I've taken note of everything and I'll work it all out. I know it needs the gaps in the body parts, that's for sure. And some better head lights, probably a trans casing with the inner bulb type looking thing and gaps around the edges.

As for the rear lights, what would you guys suggest? And what window bug? It looked fine to me from every angle... dontgetit.gif

And yes it did start out as a free 3d model, I've edited and improved it a bit too, it was messed up in a bunch of spots. So it has come a long way from the dull model I started with, but I know it could use some living up. I'm pretty sure it won't go near the poly limit when 100% finished, it's at about 2,500 here.

Here's a pic of the mesh, it was just the shell with some sh*tty super high poly (comparitively) wheels
user posted image

I like making these lower poly SA style cars, I may do a few more. monocle.gif

edit: Oh, and what about planes?? Are you guys planning on replacing all of them?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:13 AM

all lights must have some 2px black line that is icluded in lights texture
rearlights are cut off so you have to move UV mapping

the red car in your picture has a window bug... so as the blues one
I can fix the window bug... it's just a ZM2 dff export bug

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:57 AM

Ok, I got the lights rule, that's no problem.

But I don't see what you're talking about with the windows bug... could you point it out?

Btw, I have another lower poly (but better detailed, imo) car in the works as of now. I think it'll fit in MI quite well, but I'll leave that up to you guys to decide. Here's a hint, it's gonna be called "Fox" sly.gif Any guesses tounge2.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:19 PM Edited by GTAuron, 08 December 2006 - 02:45 PM.

Just a note to that name, VW produce one.

Oh and yes, planes will need doing too.

jessrocked
  • jessrocked

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:16 PM

ahm... may i know if this is for vice city or san andreas? i just wanna make sure... so i wont be wasting my time downloading the wrong file....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users