[Official] Paths and Mission Scripts

405 replies to this topic
aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:48 PM

Currently there arent much plans for GTI except the ones you already had jost like the pay and sprays at certain places, and the interiors in GTI arent so much used and there arent much so i gues when my hotel is finished it will be a buyable asset and the same with some other things on GTI, for now there are some small houses that were a savepoint in the past which can be used now too but i really think when using buyable assets it brings litle more gameplay, i will start tommorow on adding some side missions and some nice script aditions so hopefully some nice screens tommorow for now on people interested in coding for myriad send the important people a PM this include Me and the other myriad crew.

so here is a pre-alpha version with the working garage doors already coded in you will need the files of jost to get them to work but the lines are already in, its a bit stripped down because there were some unused lines in the one he sended me so anyone interesed visit the following link / download right click save as.

http://www.members.l...aadhe1/MAIN.rar

any news will be posted here tommorow if not then there is no news.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:54 AM

I've just started the paths for illsub.

user posted image user posted image user posted image

I started it just to test steve-m's script. Please let me know if this work has already been done.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:23 AM

Hmm..crap reminds me i gotta stick dirt textures on that damn car still tounge.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:54 AM

Nice loco, i gues we should collect all our path dev max files and hand them over to steve-m so most of it will be complete and ready for a releasel.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 December 2006 - 01:53 PM

Yea. Actually, I'm still waiting for your paths, aad. Once I got, fixed and tested them, I'm going to release them including all source files (.max and the exported coordinates), so people can easily check which paths already exist, and refine and extend them (using existing ones for reference).

Edit: just got 'em wink.gif

@locO G: I already made paths for illsub back then, but I don't remember if I made ped paths as well. So just upload (or send) them if you want to.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Okay, since I have taken over with the SCM programming now, with aad and JostVice helping out still ofcourse, heres a run down of what I'll be doing before (and a little bit after) the version 0.6b release. Originally posted here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (bluedemon @ Jan 4 2007, 09:45)
I've tried searching but to no avail as of yet. Are there any missions for SA Myriad Islands? I reallllly like it so far, except I can't find any weapons and it took me forever to find the safehouse, there are no icons on the legend. But the open island with the cars are freaking awesome. So to organize,

Q1. Are there mission scripts for SA?
Q2. Are there weapons? And if so where?
Q3. Where are the safe houses?
Q4. Are there pay n sprays? Or places to fix/customize cars?

Thats all, sorry if the questions are somewhere, but I couldn't find them at all.

In the main.scm contained in the v0.5 release there is in fact nothing. As for weapons, they do spawn as there done via .ipl files rather then the scm currently.

As for missions, I have started coding a few. We nearly have all side-missions that we're in the normal game ported over, at which stage they will be changed to fit in with the "Myriad Island" feel.

Parachutes, after days and days of hard work on them, are nearly working, however the game crashes when opening the parachute.

In my main.scm that I received from aad and JostVice when I joined the team, it contains markers to some locations where planning on having pay 'n' sprays as well as some save locations, currently on one that works however. As for car customization, thats something more difficult and I will have to consult the car modelers before I code it. I wouldn't be expecting car customizations until the v0.7b release at least. As for pay 'n' sprays, I would like to have them working before the v0.6b release, but we'll have to see how we go. I will have at least one in-game so you can test it.

As for full missions as such, some have been put forward, but for the moment me and Cerbera have decided it best for me to lay the grown work first. Once we have that, we can start writing the missions. But for the moment, we just wanna get the fundamentals of the game, as well as normal GTA classics into the game. Such as side-missions, weapon usage, save games, etc, etc.

At the current moment in time, I'm finishing work on the porting of the side-missions and starting to work on getting ODIE's Lucky 7 Lottery store working as a feature/side-mission. Once it is done I have some small scripting for the pool to do then hopefully I will get some more save locations in-game, some working pay 'n' sprays and then before the release of v0.6b I want to have the paramedic, firefighter, vigilant and taxi missions ported and working.

Gforce has kindly decided to hold back the release of MI v0.6b for an extra month at most for me, JostVice and aad to get some more features in-game and working so that release will be more exciting for you icon14.gif .

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

With pay'n'sprays you mean modding garages, right? cause I have 2 garages working in myriad, with door.
About save locations I think we need two or one for illcom, I vote for Odie's mansions.

yesterday by night I tried to get the odie's car dealership working, but it didn't. I need to check the code.

PS. Jar, when you'll see me in msn, send the updated SCM pls smile.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

Nah, but pay 'n' sprays I mean pay 'n' sprays tounge.gif . Modding garages are the least of my worries for the moment as I will need information from vehicle modelers before porting it. I am aware you have two working garages so far, they will be put to good use soon icon14.gif .

I'll catch you on MSN soon so I can send ya the new one wink.gif .

About the car dealership, where is it located? I haven't seen it myself yet. If you want to get it the same way was it was in MI-VC it may be difficult, you'll have to set camera locations and such to co-inside with the location of the cars. But all in all it should be fun, and fairly simple after awhile.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

Near the lottery, that garage with the pay'n'spray, Aad added a red circle here, I'm using that circle.. I'll send you the garages too, I have 2 spray garages, 2 save garages and 1 bomb garage.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2007 - 02:09 PM Edited by Cerbera, 05 January 2007 - 02:36 PM.

Thanks for summarising it so well and cross-posting it here, jarjar. smile.gif

This is how I see the priorities:
  1. Save points with garages (some done by Jost_Vice).
  2. Parachutes, since 0.6 will have some helicopter spawns.
  3. Stunt bonuses:
    1. Insane Stunt Bonus.
    2. Wheelie Bonus.
    3. Stoppie Bonus.
    4. Two Wheel Bonus
  4. Vigilante. Allowing these to be taken in the Hydra as well as the normal vehicles would be a cool (and hopefully simple) extension.
  5. Medic (use illspirit's hospital).
  6. Firefighter.
  7. Taxi Driver (needs ped paths?).
  8. Fixing enex points and using the yellow marker on them all.
Keeping focussed on these core features is really important, imho. They add some depth to the gameplay of MISA and can be repeated again and again.

Pay 'n' Spray garages work without scripting, as do the timed and remote detonator Bombshops. Doors also work and they seem to fix the camera angle when done right. Only savepoint garages need SCM, AFAIK.

I think all vehicle spawns should be done using the IPL cars section so they can be managed more easily. Also, I'd like all the enex zones to be fixed to have correct dimensions, player rotations and use the big yellow arrow. It's no fun running across the face of a building trying to find where the invisible entry point is.

JV, does that include the garages with doors I made on TRN's? I think there's a grge zone in illcomNW.ipl which might be interfeering with the bombshop door, which would explain why it doesn't work.

I've got a website job that's come back to be for lots of design updates. I'm not sure whether I'll be around much next week. Should be around over this weekend, though.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:09 PM Edited by jarjar, 05 January 2007 - 03:11 PM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 6 2007, 00:09)
Thanks for summarising it so well and cross-posting it here, jarjar. smile.gif

It was my pleasure wink.gif .

Thanks for the priories list, that makes it a lot easier I do say.

Now for this "# Medic (use illspirit's hospital).", how so do you mean use illy's hospital? Do you want the missions to start from there...or?

The yellow markers are a must, I've been traveling around MI over the last few days and now it like the back of my hand, but the interiors are very difficult to find. Also, some need to be re co-ordinated, some spawn you back in an area where it's gonna teleport you again and some spawn you above ground level.

As for the Taxi Driver missions, looking at the code for it, it doesn't really seem to define where it creates passengers for pick up. I will take a closer look however.

EDIT: Did find a nifty code though:

CODE
050A: @82 = distance_between @58 @59 @60 and @118 @119 @120

Tells the distance between two locations defined by co-ordinates X, Y and Z.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

Uhm Jarjar i have also taken a look at the taxi missions of the original script that Knife made and they are all made with 3 integers and one model so a model is placed somewhere using integer valaues then the model will be defined so you can use different models to pickup. and also a yellow marker is create while defining the model maybe a bit hard to explain but i gues it wont be that hard to convert most stuff i gues starting with 1 passenger to pickup and then keep on exteneding it and chaning he coordinates.

Anyway good luck im now of to work be back late i gues i will speak you tommorow again.

Cya

Aad. cool.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

Ah I see, well that is interesting. But how can we be defining exact locations? It's not possible, that would be to much scripting for Rockstar to do, they much have a variable to tell the ped to spawn at a certain type of place maybe? Or maybe it's an offset, hmm...

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:33 PM Edited by Cerbera, 05 January 2007 - 05:39 PM.

When I say use the Hospital for Medic missions, remember the purpose of that sub-mission? You drive injured people to the hospital. Ill's hospital is the obvious (and only) choice for that. smile.gif

Would be nice to have two Ambulances at the hospital, two Police cars outside the Police Station and a couple of Fire Trucks inside the Fire Station garages. Done with IPL cars lines, naturally.

From my observations of these sub-missions, they all appeared at the same locations. Burning cars appeared at a set of predefined locations, medical attention was needed by people other predefined locations. The missions randomly cycled through these locations and, in the case of Firefighter, the vehicle was generated randomly at roughly the appearance rate they have in the game normally.

You had the same destinations for Taxi dropoffs, too. However, pickup points were not predefined. The ped to pick up (called a "fare" by the mission) was just the most recently spawned one from the nearby ped paths when entering the "look for a fare" mode. This mode happens after you completed a dropoff or drive too far away from the previous "fare".

Don't worry too much about the locations you pick and their name in sub-mission messages. These things can be refined later we have decided on some district names. Also needs GXT organising and editing to apply proper names, so it's a bigger job than it seems. Using the remnant zones from GTASA would be fine for now, or just pick them out arbitrarily.

These are just observations from playing the game, I've no idea how the actual code behind it works. The stunt codes and parachute are more important than these, imho.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:16 PM

Oh, one fun missino possibly, when we have enough jails/cop stations, is to have a jail bus driver mission thing, almost like trucking missions except instead of cops, ya got gangs after you.

Transport person X who belongs to gang Z from place A to place B, for example.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:53 AM

SCM Update 9/01/2007

ZIP (347k)
RAR (299k)
Source

Install:
  • Put main.scm and script.img into /data/script/.
  • Put american.gxt in /text/.
  • Play!

Bugs:

Theres a few, so watch out for them wink.gif .

Features:
  • Health Pickups.
  • Police Bribes
  • ODIE's Lottery Script (fully working)
  • Other minor things, you'll notice them while playing.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:12 AM Edited by aad, 09 January 2007 - 10:17 AM.

Nice one, hopefully we can work out more stuff soon, will test it when i get home. How about next paramedic missions smile.gif or were you already working on them, and love to try out the lottery script lets see how much i can win tounge.gif .

Anyway i noticed that the car dealership code isnt much different from some existing stuff maybe we can make that script in too together, we will discuss about it all in IRC i gues i still got some of that code on my pc and it actualy worked only the camera viewpoint was a bit strange and offset but i will try if i can fix that so we can buy exotic cars again in Odie dealership.

edit:
i checked your source and i see you used the script as a mission that declares why i didnt got it to work i used it as a thread good work on that.

So now mission linking isnt needed atm we can create just sphere missions that can be run seperated from each but how can we earn mission point in that way? or how can we make a simple storyline using this way maybe stupid questions and maybe not needed atm but it are things that im thinking of with coding.

Good luck on it and again hope to discuss on IRC again and working out some nice plans together,

Cya

Aad.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

MY ideas for the gameplay is just like the one Cernera posted six months ago(page 3 I guess). It's like a RPG game with side missions only... All the missions that he talked about were awesome... But it could have paperboy(get in a BMX tossing something), Tourismo(Taking tourists to see MI in a chopper.), Cargo Pilot(Take a Nevada through the checkpoints and an object is tossed... And last but not the least.... DRUG RUNS!

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Jan 9 2007, 20:12)
edit:
i checked your source and i see you used the script as a mission that declares why i didnt got it to work i used it as a thread good work on that.

So now mission linking isnt needed atm we can create just sphere missions that can be run seperated from each but how can we earn mission point in that way? or how can we make a simple storyline using this way maybe stupid questions and maybe not needed atm but it are things that im thinking of with coding.

Yes, I created it to act like a missions, makes it easier to manage it and run it that way.

Missions can be run in annoy order, so we can make all scripts a mission and run them just fine. Better performance this way too.

Also, everyone who is interested, illspirit and myself were talking on IRC before and he has an idea for ladders in-game. Interactive ofcourse, like in Bully (Canis Canem Edit) if you have played it. Basically, this means ladders will be climbable. It's gonna be a bit of work in the coding area, but our plan for it seems simple enough.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

Yeah great idea ladders, but the animations need to be changed then though i wont look nice seeing CJ walking up a ladder instead of just trying to climb and jump over it.

Anyway, thats good to hear missions can be run like that so if i convert my homebrew stuff and put it in there it may work will try when i get home, still 4 hours to go sad.gif

Cya

Aad

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Jan 9 2007, 22:11)
Yeah great idea ladders, but the animations need to be changed then though i wont look nice seeing CJ walking up a ladder instead of just trying to climb and jump over it.

Well we're gonna use the animations used when climbing onto a truck:

user posted image

(Image thanks to illy)

Anyway, thats good to hear missions can be run like that so if i convert my homebrew stuff and put it in there it may work will try when i get home, still 4 hours to go sad.gif

Yeah, missions make it a lot easier to do things like this, especially when there mini-missions. Makes it easier to manage them. The same effect can be given to a normal script, but when there in a missions it's a lot easier.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:19 PM

What happened to sticking with the priorities? dontgetit.gif

Novelties like climbing ladders are hardly a priority at this early stage, imho.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jan 10 2007, 01:19)
What happened to sticking with the priorities? dontgetit.gif

Novelties like climbing ladders are hardly a priority at this early stage, imho.

I am sticking to priorities. This was just an idea me and illspirit were brain storming. It's not gonna happen anytime soon.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

We could use the Manhunt stair climbing animations. From what i've searched, R* just copy and pasted the animations. I just need a tool that opens .pak files.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (lord fido @ Jan 10 2007, 02:33)
We could use the Manhunt stair climbing animations. From what i've searched, R* just copy and pasted the animations. I just need a tool that opens .pak files.

Hmm, would it be illegal though? I thought conversion between different game series was illegal. Depends I guess.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:17 AM

anything that belongs to the owners of the makers and that you modify seems to be illegal, what'd you think the modding community does to GTA we are all modding the files of rockstar without them supporting it wouldt that be illegal too, so just dont mind we just do the same trick use other sources and edit them to make them our own sources. Same with textures and such things so i gues we dont have to both about it.

Anyway JarJar i dont got time tonight to put my car dealership script into action but from what i already have seen the cars can be spawned and viewed with a camera placed at a certain point so its just adjusting some small stuff for me before i hand it over, hope i dont mess up again and lose my litle copy and pasted / converted piece of coding.

Anyway good luck im going to work again now, darn im already at work but just wanted to reply.

Cya

Aad

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Jan 10 2007, 17:17)
Anyway JarJar i dont got time tonight to put my car dealership script into action but from what i already have seen the cars can be spawned and viewed with a camera placed at a certain point so its just adjusting some small stuff for me before i hand it over, hope i dont mess up again and lose my litle copy and pasted / converted piece of coding.

Please, call me Jared wink.gif .

Um, yeah, I was thinking that myself, that script should be fairly simple really. Just request the vehicle models, spawn them, then move the camera to the next car when <- or -> is clicked.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:53 AM

For a nice touch at some point, would it be at all possible to spawn them on a rotating turntable? I'd love that tounge.gif Be almost like Gran Turismo lol.

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jan 10 2007, 21:53)
For a nice touch at some point, would it be at all possible to spawn them on a rotating turntable? I'd love that tounge.gif Be almost like Gran Turismo lol.

Yeah, I don't see why not, we would need an object that moves with IPF animations be made though. And I can assure you I can't and won't be the one doing that tounge.gif .

Bigun
  • Bigun

wandering about

• Members

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:39 PM

You can just rotate the object via SCM - also, I'm not sure, but I think objects set to rotate by animations won't cut it - they're not "interactive", IIRC if you step on the objects and they move, you don't, so probably neither will the cars. If you rotate the objectsvia SCM, that that could probably work, and if it doesn't, you can attach the cars to the object via SCM too, so it would work for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users