Photo

[Official] Paths and Mission Scripts

405 replies to this topic
Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:02 PM

Sweet, so using this, paths could be all done quite soon, correct?

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

It's great to see those screenies. rah.gif
When this tool is done, it'll be one less missing-modding SA-link. Great job Steve

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Good news, I fixed two bugs in my tools, and was also able to find a solution for that car glitch (which happens because of a bug/limitation in R*'s path engine). Update available at same link as above, paths are still the same.

Download Test Paths (7.4 KB)

ThugLord187
  • ThugLord187

Where Am I At?

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:22 PM

hi guys, steve those paths are great, they work great aswell. a few questions: are you going to add paths for the smaller roads? and another question, will anyone be doing an airport, because i have designed a poster and wether you could do a vice/III style planes, like take off and land using some paths i think, or is that too hard? there is also a bug where i was around the neuclear lot, when i decided to invesigate that small island with my jetpack, when i started flying over, i saw a skimmer just keep falling infront of me, wether that is a bug with paths or spawning on the scm i do not know. can you clarify for me wether that is paths or scm? thnks everyone for a wonderful mod and i hope you will let me on the team/help you guys out with modelling/skinning clothes or accseorories.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:35 AM Edited by Gforce, 26 September 2006 - 12:49 AM.

here is today's news!!

at around midnight last night the usual silence of the Myriad streets was shattered with the sound's of Police siren's and gunfire as 2 daring bank robber's were attepting to make their escape along "Spirit Highway" in a stolen car, the chase is said to have lasted for almost 10 (ingame) hour's with dozens of innocent bystander's getting injured or killed and around 25 car's being written off including 3 Police vehicles, the chase ended in a shootout outside the RKland Hotel at around 10:15am and saw 2 Policemen killed and the passenger of the fleeing car being shot dead, amazingly the getaway driver escaped with all the money!!

here are some picture's from our on the spot reporter ...............

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

stunning work steve, as usual biggrin.gif

i was using the updated paths.img btw wink.gif

/me offloads half a truckload of cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif 's on steve's front door and leave's tounge.gif

Edit:- one thing i did notice is that the car's don't stop at mapped traffic lights, i can only assume that this is taken care of by the paths nodes when they join at junctions, this was something i noticed with the original SA paths still in MI-SA. wink.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:55 AM

How'd ya do that gforce? tounge.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:48 PM

Another update, I added car paths for major roads on illcom. This excludes illsub and any roads added by lot owners, since I only used the empty base map so far. I didn't do much testing yet, but still noticed several bugs. If you find more, please let me know.

QUOTE (readme)
- No priority flags at junctions yet - all roads are treated equally, resulting
  in chaos most of the time. Visual traffic lights are ignored.
- Behavior at junctions is still not perfect, although I fixed a lot already.
  Cars will often drive across the corners of sidewalks, and at least one
  junction is still buggy.
- A vehicle node next to the swimming pool is faulty.
- Illcom's roads are too narrow. sad.gif

Download Test Paths (11.5 KB)

QUOTE (Gforce @ Sep 26 2006, 02:35)
one thing i did notice is that the car's don't stop at mapped traffic lights, i can only assume that this is taken care of by the paths nodes when they join at junctions, this was something i noticed with the original SA paths still in MI-SA.  wink.gif

Correct, traffic light behaviour is set via flags at the nodes around intersections. This was basically the same in VC, with the difference that VC created the path node data at runtime. In SA we have to do all that by hand. confused.gif

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:23 PM

Illcom's roads are too narrow.

Now, that is a problem. Maybe once illcom is filled up it could be remade (yes, I know I'm pushing my luck here dozingoff.gif ). Moving lots around in Max, making wider roads, creating a decent city layout with what's available....that sort of thing. Of course keeping as much as the original stuff as possible. Just..euhm..a little clean-up.
Major work, I know. And highly unlikely it will ever happen. But still,...

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

Might be easier to just take away like 30 or 40 cm from the sidewalks (they are 243.5 cm now) and widen the roads, without having to modify/move any of the buildings. Would have to re-export most of the lots, though.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Sep 26 2006, 02:55)

it was really quite simple, i just installed steve's updated paths and rode around and when i saw the shootout start i followed it until it finished and took a few screenshots throughout it's duration then i dramatised it with some creative text wink.gif

maybe my little story could be used as part of a news story on one of the Radio stations perhaps smile.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

Nice little story Gforce! But can I ask... whats that blue marker on your map? Any new missions turn.gif ?

I'm modifying the pedgrp.dat so that the peds aren't so... like ... ghetto peds. Most are SF peds.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:29 PM

In GTAVC you could set a "median" width to space the two directions of traffic further apart. If GTASA's binary format still has this, maybe you could use a small negative value to pull the two directions a bit closer together a bit?

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:39 AM

Already tried that, no difference to 0.0 (which is default). Did that work in VC?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Sep 27 2006, 05:51)
QUOTE (Cran. @ Sep 26 2006, 02:55)

it was really quite simple, i just installed steve's updated paths and rode around and when i saw the shootout start i followed it until it finished and took a few screenshots throughout it's duration then i dramatised it with some creative text wink.gif

maybe my little story could be used as part of a news story on one of the Radio stations perhaps smile.gif

Hah, I thought you got it scripted or something, but that was a bit of good old luck seeing that, eh? tounge.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:20 AM

Good news guys , i just finished of some stable base where we/ i can build on and adding missions into the script. currently im adding buyable assets, some buildings i got in mind

- Gforce Motorshop
- Pacific Bay (harbor)
- Loco's Shopping Mall
- The park
and maybe some other buildings scatterd around Myriad. currently i only have done the myriad part and not started on getting coordinates on GTI but i can just add them in now because its a clear understandable scm without to much unneeded code.

Just expect a small test version soon, I will now be adding those assets. sigh.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

Will MI-SA have Asset missions like VC? or just buyable/earnable assets like SA?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

To start with I expect MISA won't have any missions. There will just be some and a few save points, some of which you may need to purchase before you can save there.

Once that is done, the GTASA ambient missions could be added back in:
  • insane stunts
  • wheelie/stoppie/two wheel bonus
  • weapon shops
  • spray shops
  • mod shops
  • shooting ranges
  • gyms
  • food places
After that, some of the more complex sub-missions might be added:
  • Vigilante
  • Firefighter
  • Paramedic
  • Burglar
  • Unique stunts
  • Taxi driver
  • Frieght missions (with the train)
  • Trucker missions
More shops and assets would be added as and when these locations were completed. The good thing about these sub-missions is that they mostly don't need any locations to be made especially for them. We've already got platforms planned for the railway, and there's plenty of warehouses and docks for trucker missions to end up at.

By this point, it might be possible to create the opening cut-scene for MISA. Creating the complex asset-specific missions, such as the Trashmaster one for DieselGT's docks, could happen here. I posted a more complete sub-missions for MISA list before, but this post is my suggestion for the order they might be done in.

But really, it all boils down to what the SCM coders choose to make since they'll be doing the actual work.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

I'd like to put a bit of a story behind these missions, like the Vice City asset ones. Nothing related with the main character, just something to add a bit more drive behind the mission. Maybe it would be better just to have a no name character that just wants to earn money, or like many other GTA games, rise to the top of the crime empire.

Maybe using the SA customisation abilites, we could let the player choose what he wants his/her player to look like when he/she starts, in regards to muscles, fat, clothes etc, but we can't really let the player choose the face. Then carry on with these missions.

Just some thoughts.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:16 PM

that are nice thoughts but im now just sorting out how i can make some easy things in the game and then i will add some misisons in by adding markers and stuff its kinda hard coding,

ThugLord187
  • ThugLord187

Where Am I At?

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

i think maybe you could have several charecters to choose?

each could have their own Haircuts and tattoos and even a storyline but could buy the same clothes and stuff? btw myriad doesnt have a barbers yet so why cant someone make one? and most buildings are shut, are we to make interiors? and another thing is could you add buyable houses like in the mansion lot. and one more question, you know rollaj's get cj hight and runk mod? could we add weed pickups to bcspeeds lot and the ganja shop in little berlin and beer at any bars and make the clothes stores so you can buy clothes. i am not expecting any of this to be done but just a sugestions.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Sep 27 2006, 14:16)
that are nice thoughts but im now just sorting out how i can make some easy things in the game and then i will add some misisons in by adding markers and stuff its kinda hard coding,
This is really the key point, imho. We simply don't have the man power to make fancy missions with storylines and costume-aware objectives.

Adding the sub-missions and shops one by one is the most practical way to add some more playability to MISA. And the sub-missions are often more fun because they are more free-roaming and varied than scripted missions. smile.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

Why not first convert all the stuff that has been done for VC already, like Odie's lottery, shops, pay'n'sprays and the various small missions? Should be easier than writing new stuff.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:08 PM

MISA Pay N' Sprays arent big enough for working in the SA engine. They did in VC but they wont in SA. The camera angle can't just work there. This was all discovered by Jost Vice.

I liked the mini-misions. They were all good. And the car buying thing was cool. Also all the improved submissions were great.

I think i can write an excellent non-mission script for the game (like cubans' missions in VC).

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (steve-m @ Sep 27 2006, 18:12)
Why not first convert all the stuff that has been done for VC already, like Odie's lottery, shops, pay'n'sprays and the various small missions? Should be easier than writing new stuff.

Im working on that, yesterday i finished the final code for the save-spots its working great. and i will make a start tommorow on adding those things you mentioned back in tounge.gif biggrin.gif should not be to much work to convert that lottery just need to place the coordinates in the right place

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (aad @ Sep 30 2006, 01:04)
QUOTE (steve-m @ Sep 27 2006, 18:12)

Im working on that, yesterday i finished the final code for the save-spots its working great. and i will make a start tommorow on adding those things you mentioned back in tounge.gif biggrin.gif should not be to much work to convert that lottery just need to place the coordinates in the right place

Have you done DGT's scrap yard save point? That would be handy for me at this point.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:12 AM

adding it to the top of the list tounge.gif , and sorry guys its hard splitting out every mission without f*cking it up. I had some limo sub mission converted for 1/3 but if anyone is interested on helping us/me with converting vice missions and stuff to sa tthen help would be granted.

anymore save-points just tell them and i will add them in. And im working on a easier save-code. currently 1 thrread is 1 savepoint but i more want 10 savepoints in 1 thread.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:49 PM

I got a new mission idea. It's like a hit mission. It's very detailed. Sorry . I hadn't slept enough this week and now i think im alucinating or something, but here's my idea.

"The offer"

You get the mission from Joe's Bar between 20:00 and 4:00 A guy called "smokr" is looking for you. He tells you that your first job is to kill the famous Hollywood actor " Lee Chong". He'll be arriving his mansion at 00:00.
Image 1
You spawn in a blocked off street. You are armed with both a knife and a silencer. You've got to enter the guard's post to disarm the alarm.
Image 2
After entering the post you see a guard starring at the cameras. Take him out and stand in the sphere to disarm the alarm.
Image 3
Then you must exit the post and head to the street. As you get close to it you see 2 guards coming. 1 of them is standing still while the other one heads to the post. Execute one from behind and shoot the other one. If you look to the left you'll notice there is a roadblock that stops you from going outside the mission area.
image 4
Image 5
So then you must head to the trash up ahead. Jump on the boxes. You should see a sniper. Take him out with your silencer.
Image 6
Then jump on the wall and head for the pool. You'll see 2 armed guards (micro smgs) and your objective. Take them all out. Then run back to the boxes.
Image7
You should see a Limo coming. Take out the driver and the occupant. Now run to the roadblocks and take them all out.
Image 8
Once all are dead a car will stop by you. It has a ped that once he sees you he runs away.
Image 9
Image 10

Hop in the Car and go to your mansion.

Mission Complete : $10000

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

i like the mission idea Fido but FFS you could at least add the words "Spoiler screens" in your post's, we were hoping that new members to MI would discover the secret places on their own without the follower's spoiling it !!

please people, if you discover some of the MI easter egg's, do not spoil it for the new people who have yet to explore MI.

at least you haven't spoiled the best secret yet to be posted or discovered by anyone in here !!!!

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:13 PM

It's nice to see you enjoying those lots...and since it's now officially released within the 0.5 I can't really complain about the screenshots anymore tounge.gif

However, I would've liked you to contact me beforehand about the mission idea. I made those lots (camera's, 'bunker',..') with a reason. Mainly with a mission in mind allready.

But since we're kinda lacking mission coders at the moment , there's not much of a point going into a fuss about this.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

for the people who dont know i've made a blank mission script with some save spots in it all located at random places

- Gforce motorcycle shop
- pacific bay
- the park restaurant
- DieselGT scrapyard
- Odies mansion
and another one but i forgot where i placed it.

also i tried adding a buy asset in it but i cant get it to work like i want, i want it to appear like the ones in vice city with a fade out and text printed on the screen so im still working on that part.

also adding missions or converting them is harder then many people think. im now trying to add the mission markers in and when u step in the sphere the mission will start.

i hope i can get some assistence with the coding but a stable base is the best start. i will upload the source soon so if any coder is interested on helping me then send a PM. turn.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users